Create Account

Scandalheim Outlaws
(This post was last modified: 01-23-2020, 02:22 PM by Wallflower.)

Media Approaches Bale About Scandal

Channel 11 Reporter Elliot Ross recently had the opportunity to catch up with second year SMJHL player Bale about the scandal that has recently happened on the Anaheim Outlaws.

[Image: 26553147722_128094c2cf_b.jpg]

ER: Mr. Bale, hello. How are you feeling about this scandal that has taken place in the Anaheim Outlaws' front office?

Bale: If I'm being honest, I had no idea who AlexF was when this scandal all leaked out. I don't even really understand why it's a huge scandal, but I'm also not that intelligent in comparison to a lot of people so I shouldn't be making decisions. I've always thought the point of a minor league was to build interest and get guys to build connections for the pros and be ready to step up to the league when they've adapted and learned it all. My GM held a team meeting and said a lot of things haven't really come out about the situation, so that is kind of nice to know that there is more to come and we will get more information. So without me knowing everything, obviously, I think it's kind of a steep punishment for bringing somebody back to the league to be an active player. It's not like guys in the SHL brag about their SMJHL accomplishments, we all want to be great in the SHL. The SMJHL is just a stepping stone you have to take to get there, y'know?

ER: That's a good point, but it seems like you would be biased because you have some skin in the game?

Bale: Yeah, like I said I'm probably not the most neutral or neutered person on the subject, but I'm also going to stand by my team and what I think the minors should be used for. It just seem like this really punishes my team and the guy who was coming back to the league a lot more than it impacts my GM, who I really don't see a ton of evidence to punish right now. Again, I am by no means the most intelligent or informed person in the room so this kind of caught me by surprise. I've known Donini for a long time though. My agent, OJ Simpson, actually played with him and won a championship in Los Angeles when they were younger. It doesn't seem like he would risk the integrity of the league or his team's well being but we'll see.

ER: We know that you are good friends with youngcricket and dakiller/Belieber, who have had stints as head honchos in NSFL and SBA, respectively. What would you do if you were in charge of the investigation?

Bale: Hard for me to answer this since I am obviously on the team and don't really want any punishment to be sent down. I think that holding our GM's salary from him isn't a terrible idea, nor is preventing the hours that AlexF had while technically being inactive or whatever. I do think that taking away his right to play for a team he will be active for is kind of whack. Then taking away draft picks? I don't know what that really accomplishes. If you're trying to let players develop then you kind of eliminate a destination for players to go, so then there is just a conglomeration of solid players on all the other teams. So people either can get screwed playing time wise or people on Anaheim just have a bad experience and less active locker room as they come into the league. Is that conducive to success league-wide? I would argue no, but I've never really dealt with a minor league system. 

612 words

[Image: dakiller11.gif]
somebody please make me a sig