Create Account

Detroit Falcons S52 official Spotify playlist
(This post was last modified: 01-24-2020, 03:17 PM by Mutedfaith.)

A very big part of the warm-up, practice and pre-game routines of a hockey player is finding the right tunes to do it on. Tunes that'll get you pumped, motivate you and make you push your limits. According to research, the right music can have a positive and stimulating effect on the following four levels:
  • The Psychological effects refer to how music influences mood, affect, emotion, attitudes, cognition and behaviour.
  • The psychophysical effects of music involve sensory responses to physiological processes. In music related research, this involves the perceptions of physical effort and is most often measured via the ratings of perceived exertion (RPE) scale.
  • The psychophysiological effects of music relate to the influence of music on a range of physiological factors, such as heart rate and respiration rate.
  • Music exerts an ergogenic effect when it improves physical performance by either delaying fatigue or increasing work capacity. This often results in higher than expected levels of endurance, power, productivity, or strength.
When sports and music are combined, research has shown it to beneficial to include a wide selection of familiar tracks that meet one or more of the following criteria in order to improve athletes' performance:

1. Music with a strong and energising rhythm, positive lyrics or uplifting melodies; 
  2. Associations with sports, movement, exercise, winning or overcoming resistance;
  3. A musical style suited to an athlete’s taste
Obviously, here in Detroit we want to do whatever it takes to get on top, win games and improve as players. Therefore the Falcons have compiled their very own Spotify playlist, with music to enhance our on-ice performances or work out to. But also warm-up and cool down music, walkout/skateout songs and music to be played during games. Because we want all our friends, fans and followers to be able to experience what it's like to be a Detroit Falcon, we've decided to take our playlist and make it public.

[Image: rsz_1image2.png?width=371&height=300]
(Click the Falcons logo for the playlist)
Included in the S52 Detroit Falcons official playlist are the following songs (for the full list, just visit the playlist):

Britney Spears - Toxic
At 143 BPM, this Britney song will get you moving fast and make you push to the boundaries of your physical limits. The breathy vocals are inspiring in a way that they kind of resemble your talking during and right after your activities. A personal favourite of our GM.

Garth Brooks - Calling Baton Rouge
Nobody knows why we call Baton Rouge, and it never returns our calls anyway.

Fort Minor - Remember the Name
The ultimate warm-up song. Getting us Falcons ready for the big games, reminding us what it is all about. Tig is our Mike Shinoda, working hard to keep us competitive and make us end up on top. And those motherfuckers he runs with, the kids that he signed? Our rookies this season are ridiculously good, without even trying. How do they do it?
We got the skill, pleasure and will parts of the equation. All we need is the 10% luck and work hard to endure the pain and effort.

KISS - Detroit Rock City
Our ultimate walk-out song. Played as we hit the ice in our home town, calling on us to step up and play our game and the fans to get up and cheer us on. Detroit Rock City never fails to get us pumped and ready to go.

Britney Spears - Work Bitch
A second Britney Song!
You want to be an athlete? Want a fit body, up to the job? Want the cash from contracts to be pouring in, so you can buy that Maserati equipment? You better work for it Bitch. Don't stop now, just be the champion. Exactly what we want to achieve here in Detroit, work hard and perform and bring in that cup so we can go to our SHL teams as champions when we get the call.

Dropkick Murphy's - Time to Go
Drop the puck, it's time to go. the song played before every opening face-off in the Jet Blue Airways Arena. Letting the boys know we owe it to the fans to get down and dirty. To work and play hard and show them that old-time hockey.

The Baha Men - Who let the Dogs out
Whether it's during a tough practice, our warmup or when travelling to away games, this song always puts a smile on our faces. Used excessively when we're winning big, for obvious reasons.

Fedde le Grand - Put your Hands up for Detroit
Our lovely city. Need I say more? A real crowd-favourite during games.

Beasty Boys - Intergalactic
This song gets us hyped up and believing in ourselves. We're intergalactic, from an other dimension, better and greater than all these other teams. They can't even come close to our game and style.

Fall-out Boy - Centuries
We're all here to become legends. To be all-stars. To be remembered. Centuries reminds us we can, but we can't take it for granted. Just one mistake, and we'll go down as losers. But if we go for gold, we can go all the way, get the cups and get our names in the history books.

Sevendust - Falcons on Top
This song had to be in there. Falcons will rise to the top.
Quote:Ladies and gentlemen, please rise for the occasion
And put your hands in the air

Falcons on top, Falcons gonna win
Never givin' up; never givin' in Next stop, dome bound; you're goin' straight down
I wasn't born to lose
Keep in mind by the time that you leave here
You'll be singin' the blues

Next stage, front page; you know you goin' down, I know I've done this before
Can't sit; won't quit, not this time around
I'm coming at you for more

Next stop, dome bound
You're goin' straight down Put your hands in the air!
[Image: Skree.gif]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

SKREEEEEEEEE

[Image: UCTqPUg.png]

Ew fallout boy

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

by the looks of things....

Detroit = nhl 17-20 soundtrack
St.louis = nhl 06-09 soundtrack

[Image: fishyshl.gif]
Thanks to everybody for the sigs :peepoheart:

[Image: czechpp.png][Image: czechup.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-25-2020, 03:32 AM by suavemente.)

Meanwhile in the Halifax lockeroom...

[Image: 81ImQYu.png][Image: suavemente.gif][Image: QD85cmZ.png]
     Platoon    Timber

I have it on good authority that @notorioustig only let's his players listen to My Humps by The Black Eyed Peas and Dilemma by Nelly featuring Kelly Rowland

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

01-29-2020, 03:41 AMSpartanGibbles Wrote: I have it on good authority that @notorioustig  only let's his players listen to My Humps by The Black Eyed Peas and Dilemma by Nelly featuring Kelly Rowland
Who do you think is responsible for Britney Spears'  Toxic in our playlist..

01-29-2020, 04:30 AMMutedfaith Wrote:
01-29-2020, 03:41 AMSpartanGibbles Wrote: I have it on good authority that @notorioustig  only let's his players listen to My Humps by The Black Eyed Peas and Dilemma by Nelly featuring Kelly Rowland
Who do you think is responsible for Britney Spears'  Toxic in our playlist..

I would have guessed Nour but either one makes sense

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

Coaches song choice.

I'm like a bird - Nelly Furtado

RETIRED

01-29-2020, 07:07 AMMayuu Wrote: Coaches song choice.

I'm like a bird - Nelly Furtado

Added.

01-29-2020, 05:20 AMSpartanGibbles Wrote:
01-29-2020, 04:30 AMMutedfaith Wrote: Who do you think is responsible for Britney Spears'  Toxic in our playlist..

I would have guessed Nour but either one makes sense

It's Britney, bitch

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=9527669]

[Image: topalo2.png] [Image: sig-nash.png]
[Image: Rangerjasegmailcom.gif]
(This post was last modified: 01-29-2020, 01:53 PM by takethehorizon.)

No Gloria?

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: takethehorizon.gif]
[Image: IdMkYiH.png]

[Image: NIYtQkE.png] [Image: NjFSX1z.png]