Create Account

S52 PT #1 - The Anthology Vol. I

Harry Carpet started playing ice hockey at the age of 5. He vividly remembers being a little kid, maybe 3 or 4 years old, and his parents taking him ice skating. It was a relatively normal thing in Finland; most kids learned how to skate at a very early age. He often used to watch the older kids and teenagers in his neighborhood play hockey outdoors and he was fascinated by the sport, especially by the goalies and their funny outfits. His dad had played hockey growing up too, but was too busy so they only went to public skates every now and then, but Harry learned how to skate quickly. One day new neighbors moved into the house next doors and they had a son who was two years older than Harry. The boy was on a team already and he was a goalie. Harry started following him around and watched him play. Not much later Harry’s parents simply had no other choice but to sign him up for hockey as well. The coaches said he was talented.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

Growing up in Switzerland, Markus' relationship with hockey has always been a very hopeful but reserved one. Not many people can earn a living wage playing hockey in our country, so he treated it more as a hobby in his youth, than as a fully fledged career path. However, when he announced to his parents that he wanted to play goalie, they were very supportive of him, and bought him all the equipment required for it - even if it meant no birthday gifts for him, he was grateful for this opportunity to do what he loved. And it also helped that he was naturally talented at the position, and was selected to represent his country in international competitions starting when he was 13 years old! It nurtured his love for the game, for the camaraderie between teammates, and it made him appreciative of all the sacrifices his parents had made to take him this far. He didn't leave his studies completely on the side, however, as one injury is all it takes for the dream to be taken away...

(180 words)

[Image: KlusteR.gif]

Chiefs Monarchs Lions Berserkers Switzerland Blizzard pride Panthers Grizzlies

[Image: EePsAwN.png]    [Image: e0LuHwa.png]    [Image: eaex9S1.png]

Special thanks to @Carpy48, @Chevy, @Turd Ferguson, @fever95 and @enigmatic for the signatures!

As Igor Volkov was growing up, he was never really the hockey type, preferring to spend his days in Mrs. Irina Petrovna's science lab. Irina Petrovna was one of his favorite teachers, even before he formally took classes with her. He was convinced to pick up hockey by the suggestion of his hiking friend Tolik, who played in an amateur league with some friends. Igor was quite good at it, even becoming better than Tolik, and quickly became the dominant player on his team. However, this being Russia, Igor's talent was overlooked by the North American leagues. Eventually as Igor ended up playing on the Russian national team, he was quickly asked if he would like a spot in the major North American leagues. Igor was a bit reluctant to accept, as he thought it was a dream, and his English skills were less than ideal. He insisted on proof that it wasn't a dream. Eventually, Igor was signed with the Vancouver Whalers, winning the Four Star Cup before immediately transferring over to Minnesota, and the rest is history. Igor is currently resigning from his original job as an amateur chemist to focus on hockey and training full time. Not that he would have been fired from the chemistry job anyway...

As for Tolik, he did not make his way into the SHL. Instead, he's currently a manufacturer for hockey skates for Russian companies, hoping that he can get more people into the sport and make it more affordable.

[Image: x9gTXZa.gif]

S48 Four Star Cup Champion (Vancouver Whalers)

I think back to when I was only four or five, living in Raytown, MO where my parents still live. We lived far enough out from the next town that our only neighbors were my cousins, who were seven and nine years older than me. My dad wasn't into hockey, and neither was the rest of my siblings, but my cousins were all in.

I couldn't really play close to their level because they were so much older than me. So my cousins would put me in the net and just use me as target practice. Calling it "playing goalie" would be too much of a stretch. That's how I first was introduced to hockey. Sometimes I would run home crying because I got hurt or something like that, but I would never stop. I would be back at their house the next day, ringing their doorbell and begging them to play with me.

After that, I had to know all I could about hockey. It was obvious to me that I had to play it. Our town was small enough that we had to drive a ways to see professional hockey, but my dad drove me over several times. I couldn't keep my eyes off the goalies. I'd watch them in warmups. I'd watch them during the games. One of my cousins had also become a goalie at this point, so I would sit and try on his gear. It was always too big for me, but trying on his glove and pretending to make saves was still the best.

Words: 261

[Image: WuRZxKN.png]
Player Twitter
Kryyst: Player Page | Update Page
Stinson:Player Page

Karlstraße was raised in a hockey family, so his introduction to the game was very early on and without much choice in the matter. His father, Nikolaus Scholz, is a Blizzard alumni and SHL Hall of Fame member, so when the time came to enroll young Karlstraße in a sport, hockey was naturally the first attempt. The game didn't come that naturally to him, however with diligence and a lot of practice he became quite comfortable on skates and soon after developed a decent set of hands. Originally thought to play forward like his old man, Karlstraße display an uncanny ability and desire to roam his own end of the ice. While he would enjoy the odd breakout, he got much more satisfaction shutting down the opposing team on the back check. When it came time to choose a position and stick to it, he opted to try his luck as a defenseman and he hasn't regretted the decision since.

Thanks for the sig ragnar!
[Image: scholz.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride

PBE PT

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

Adam Scianna's hockey career started at the young age of four years old, when his older brother gifted him a knee hockey stick made from one of his old broken sticks. He would play knee hockey with his brother any chance he could, that was until his brother broke his leg in a tournament, and swore off playing hockey ever again. But Adam still had that itch and would continue to bug his mom and dad to play knee hockey with him, that was when they decided to sign him up for beginner hockey lessons at the age of 6. With hand me down gear that was far to big for him Adam suited up for the first time, and some say he hasn't taken his skates off since. Adm quickly learned the game and climbed the different levels, until he was playing with kids 3-4-5 years older than him, this was when teams and scouts really started to take notice of him.

[Image: 60133_s.gif]
[Image: W3cWGCN.png][Image: 3XEVZeB.png]
 Timber Steelhawks norway norway Steelhawks Timber  
Knights  Renegades norway   norway Renegades Knights

PBE Welfare Claim

WolfpackBlizzardRaptors  raiders Switzerland  FINN RHYS  Switzerland raiders Raptors Blizzard Wolfpack

[Image: hockey__27674.1518661372.1000.1200.jpg?c=2]

[Image: iOjAcRd.gif]

Believe it or not, hockey actually was never a part of Noah's childhood. He grew up in Green Bay, which lives and breaths football thanks to the Packers. His only experience with the game of hockey was the occasional trip to the Resch Center for a Gamblers game (a member of the USHL). Without an NHL team in the state, there wasn't much of an incentive to participate in hockey activities. Instead, he dreamt of playing in the MLB for the Milwaukee Brewers. Rather than picking up a hockey stick and donning a pair of skates, he put on his ball cap and grabbed a bat and a glove to play baseball. This love of playing baseball began to fizzle out as he reached adolescence, which is when he actually began to invest his time in the game of hockey. He didn't watch a game of professional hockey until he was in high school.

[Image: DrbPYHV.png] [Image: UDyqktK.png]

For the large majority of the long life Mega Tron has lived he has only been involved in ice hockey for a mere decade. MegaTron has lived for thousands of years on his home planet Cybertron. Since being destroyed by the Autobots and Optimus Prime in 2007 MegaTron felt a little . . . lost. Fighting his enemies to try and enslave the human race wasn’t much of an option. So, MegaTron tried to find a hobby and that was how ice hockey started out for him. In the early years MegaTron could barely skate and most of the humans laughed and pointed their fingers, but Megatron kept his head in the game. As he skated more and more and developed his skills on the ice by himself he longed for more. So he joined a rec league, where he was exceptionally better than everyone else because he was a machine. Now fast forward a few years and MegaTron just had a breakout season with the St Louis Scarecrows.

Need a sig :-/

PBE PT

Karl didn't pick up a stick until he was well into his teens - 14 to be exact. As a kid he fell in love with the same sport most European kids do, soccer. He loved to play, but he was unfortunately very bad at it, he was taller than most kids in his age group, and disproportionately heavy on his top half. He tried a few positions, but was never good enough to be a starter.
Desperate to find a sport he could excel at, he tried a few winter sports - skiing, biathlon, competitive snow shoe racing, until he found figure skating. He loved gliding across the ice and making smooth transitions, and he was apparently built exceptionally well for lifting a partner. He loved everything about it, the smell of fresh ice in the morning, the feel of cold air rushing through his hair, the fancy costumes, he loved the sport and excelled, getting good enough to compete on the national stage.
On that stage his future was forever changed. He was hands down the best, and he came in as the most highly regarded pair in all of Europe, let alone Germany. Unfortunately skill doesn't mean jack shit in this sport, and he was dealt a cruel blow by the hands of one Russian judge. He finished 4th with his partner, Eegrid. They missed the podium and a chance to compete for Germany.
As any normal 14 year old would do, he threw a fit. He dropped out of pairs, donned a black costume with black makeup and set all of his routines to death metal soundtracks. That particular music does not go well with ice dancing, and he was quickly replaced in competitions.
It was after one of these sorrowful events that he noticed the hockey team warming up on his way out of the rink. It looked marvelous, there were no Russian judges to screw him and the objective was to get the black disk across the line, so the referees had no opportunity to be objectively bad, it was either in or it wasn't, right?

Karl donned his black armor that October, not looking back at his past figure skating. He was a hockey player!

[Image: krash.gif]

[Image: kLRJavo.png][Image: ZjgHcNL.png]

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

NSFL PT about my love of Paolo Maldini

[Image: KouSaotomeUndraftedSigSmol.png]
Jamie T Wrote:But I wish I'd been a little more exceptional
And I wish I'd been a little unconventional
But I was not enough, no, I'm not enough

Hercules' early life was all about hockey. His parents and siblings all loved hockey and watched and played it so naturally Hercules did as well. When he was able to stand up on his own as a kid, his dad put him in skates. The first time Hercules went onto the ice, he cried his head off and wanted off. He didn't enjoy any of it.

The first go around on the ice was less than ideal, but Hercules' brother didn't give up. He took his younger brother to the rink again, but this time he guided him and held him as they skated. Hercules felt safe at this point and he really got the chance to enjoy being on the ice. Many more skates later, his dad signed him up for peewee hockey. Now, in the complete opposite of when he first hit the ice, once Hercules got a stick in his hands, he took to the sport faster than anything. He loved playing hockey and quickly became one of the best peewee players out there. He rose the ranks of youth hockey until his triple A coach told them to start taking it seriously because he had the skills to make it. Everything after that is history.

(209 words)

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
33-12-1
Regular Season - [G 6] [A 8] [Pts 14] [+/- +25] [PIM 30] [Hits 22] [SB 87]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

I've always loved hockey, from the first stories from my dad about Dave "The Hammer" Schultz to actually watching a few games in person you could say I was born to love the sport. I started skating as soon as I could, which my parents tell me is around 3 or 4. As I got older, I would play football in the summer to keep active and fit and of course strong and come back to Hockey as soon as the first bit of fall chill hit the air. It got harder obviously in high school when I was a dual caliber player and eventually I did have to choose one or the other but I am glad I stuck with Hockey. I made it to the show, I've won two Gold Medals and a Challenge Cup and I've got to play with some of the guys I used to idolize on TV.

What could be better than that?