Create Account

Proposed Changes to Equipment and IFAs

In light of the move to FHM, I have two proposals for changes in this site.

Proposal #1: I say we drop equipment entirely and reword it as special offseason training with a gym/nutrition company or whatnot, that just gives us the entire TPE boost to spend how we like instead of distributing it across a bunch of stats stats. The Simulation Basketball Association does this where they name offseason training after past players and I think its a good idea to honour our past legends. Like we could do Jason Visser or Esa Anrikkanen training for +28TPE for $8,500,000, then John McBride training for +24TPE for $6,500,000 (Which would be the max for goalies), then all the way down to like Cleo Green or Mark Stewart training for +3TPE or something.

This would be a minor change, but since we have more attributes and a different scale I don't think it makes sense to have like sticks that give +3 to shooting accuracy and shooting range when it might take 15 or 25 to boost a stat now at higher levels.

Proposal #2 is that GMs be allowed to spend banked TPE for IFAs they have under team control. So basically, if someone signs a 500 TPE IFA with 350 TPE applied, they should be allowed to spend the other 150 when re-doing the IFAs build for the new game. In the unlikely event that the IFA in question comes back, they're entitled to some free build changes anyways from what I've heard, as we'll probably get a couple chances at redistribution due to the learning curve of this new sim engine, so they can "fix" whatever the GM gave them if its not to their liking. I think this is necessary because there have been some nightmarish test sims for bad teams, so teams should be able to shore up their depth a little so we don't get like 8 win 42 loss seasons and such that just kill enjoyment for people. Plus I'd argue this is something that could've been implemented in the Simon T days anyways but that might just be me *shrug*

Maybe to balance it out and add realism, you'd have to keep the build in line with what the player was before, so like a defensive center IFA would have to be made into a defensive center, etc. Idk just spitballing.

[Image: 0K3YdqN.png]

Agent of Nick Brain: Center/Right Winger - Winnipeg Aurora
Agent of John Torrance: Advisor to the General Manager - Winnipeg Aurora
Agent of Anatoli Terrorov: Head Coach - Colorado Raptors

Nick Brain Player Profile: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=91326
Nick Brain Update Thread: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=91332

Prop 1 is a good way to adjust gear. We are not going to make it like it is now and are more than likely going to do a +X ammount of TPE as you stated, but the legend thing is cool

Prop 2 id agree with to some extent and we still need to figure out how IFAs are going to work and who is going to change their builds. That said some of the nightmare tests are done with a team specifically made to be that god damn awful so keep that in mind as well. That said you are right andd we might see some wonky things that we have to adjust for as the seasons progress.

I agree with #1 for sure.

#2 I could be persuaded either way. On one hand teams want to be as good as possible, on the other hand that incentivizes signing high TPE IFAs and over an active player. Not a fan of that.

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

#1 sounds like a fantastic idea and I love creating more league history so I'm all for naming training programs after past players.

#2 I think is a good idea but I feel like it could create some problems. Can't think of anything specifically right now but giving GMs free reign over IFAs could lead to some strange scenarios I'm sure.

[Image: JvI8fTp.png]

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png]

[Image: uDjThoa.png]

I like #1, it could possibly be a great way to honor great players from our past and help new folks (like myself) learn and recognize names from legends. When Mike Izzy breaks his hip and retires in a few seasons will people still be uttering his name in S69?
#2 I've waffled on, but at the end of the day we have the IFA cap which prevents putting stock in too many high TPE inactives, and if we do get a bunch then it will spread them around a bit. I think this is fine as well, if your player is clearly not coming back and the GM can utilize the extra cap (especially if you were under the 350 cap before, then I think why not? Who knows, maybe it even invigorates the trade deadline with people making a push?

The only problem I see with #1 versus our current situation is that it highly favours people with a high bankaccount at the start of the season. RN, people can kind of save up and buy equipment during the season, this change would mean they need to have the cash right at the start.

Even more of a problem for SMJHL rookies, since theyll have to do a lot of media before the season starts to get that TPE. And anyone joining after the offseason ends misses out on it, while rn they can still buy equipment at any point.

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

01-31-2020, 01:21 PMCementHands Wrote: I like #1, it could possibly be a great way to honor great players from our past and help new folks (like myself) learn and recognize names from legends. When Mike Izzy breaks his hip and retires in a few seasons will people still be uttering his name in S69?

Izzys hips are in good shape,,. But My shins do ache on cold days.

#AliveFromS35

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

Cleo Green and Mark Stewart training lmfao

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]