Create Account

S52 SMJHL PT 2 - Player Progression

So for Michael Preeb I want to have a good puck moving responsible defenseman with a little grit and a bit of an offensive upside. I'm looking to make him fairly well balanced, but with an emphasis on defense and passing:

Skater Builder

Checking

Fighting

Discipline

Skating

Strength

Endurance

Durability

Puck Handling

Face Offs

Passing

Scoring

Defense

Penalty Shot

As you can see I'm going to focus on a defense first build followed closely by passing. I'm hoping to rack up a ton of apples while being sound defensively. I'm also going to get my discipline up because I'm racking up far to many PIMs right now with the high checking value. Hopefully that'll nip that in the bud and my team play will be a lot more valuable. I also threw a little bit into scoring just to keep 'em guessing.

[Image: 1H8jSlB.png]
Based on looking at other player's sim stats as well as considering what I want for my player to play like, I'm focusing heavily on passing, skating and puck handling. To become a Joe Thornton-esque player, I'm looking to improve my passing first and foremost since I want to make slick passes all over the rink. I know puck handling and skating are integral that goal. I'm also focusing on defense due to how much importance it has in the sim. Not sure how it will transfer over to the FHM engine, but still, improving my defense is a good thing no matter what.

I'm also improving my scoring, endurance, strength, and discipline by small amounts so my player is a little more well-rounded. As time goes on and I've reached the passing rating I want, I won't be improving that aspect too much and will be looking to become a well-rounded player in all other aspects as well.

[Image: EXyOBWw.png]

[Image: Untitled.png]

Based on the previous defensemen I've created I had a really good idea of what type of build I'd want for my new player. The build I'm going for is just really a solid two-way defenseman. I focused most of my TPE on defense early to make sure my player would be good defensively while I build offensive attributes going forward. I felt like for the player I want to build that checking wouldn't be too important so I chose it as the weakness. The two main focuses for my offensive attributes will be puck handling and passing but I still on having a good balance among most of the attributes I feel will be important for my player's production. Defensively I focused on the main attribute first but I believe skating will help play an important role in how well my player defends so I decided to have it aligned with the other attributes to have the qualities I think is important for my player.

PBE PT

G A Y H E G H O G

[Image: gayheghog.gif]

peepee poopoo

[Image: Cody-Rhodes-American-pro-wrestler-2022.jpg]

[Image: eSxLo7h.png]
Alright, so I wanted to keep with t he general spirit of the build I originally set out to make. I wanted a pass first player that is reliably assisting all season long, but also more than capable of scoring, too. This build is actually based on my fellow team mate, Cal Labovitch. He is currently fourth in the SMJHL for assists, the the leader in points per twenty minutes, and number one for all right wingers. This feels like a good build for me to aim for as it seems to be successful while still following what I originally had envisioned. The good news for me is I have already reached the desired level for a couple of the skills like defense, checking, and penalty shot. It is good to have this idea mapped out so that I can focus on leveling up in the most effective and efficient way.

[Image: Fred.png]
[Image: PeZ8eh1.png] [Image: r2pSvNf.png]
(This post was last modified: 02-09-2020, 08:06 AM by Lyezech.)

[Image: Pw5DgRa.png]
So the idea for Separa Borro's build was inspired by Jonathan Quick in his 2010-2017 prime. Seeing him be a brick wall behind an already rock-solid LA defense from that era was a treat to watch growing up. Back when I played goal as a kid he was typically the goalie people liked to compare me to. I put a focus into agility and reaction time as those always tended to be how he made his big highlight reel toe saves. I want Borro to be a low, quick goalie who plays a deep butterfly style with bounds of flexibility, reflexes, and athleticism.

Playing the puck has never really been a ton of a priority to me aside from occasionally going behind the net to control it for my defensemen. That part of the build stems more from just how I used to play in real life. I was a mostly "between the pipes" goalie after one too many fumbles outside the crease. I envy those who have great puck control and as a result, so will my sim goalie.

[Image: lyezech.gif]
Player Page || Updates
[Image: 15Ng51w.png]         

[Image: h5IlxMJ.png]

Pooks Halloway is all about scorin' goals and collecting a paycheck. However, Pooks isn't just going to throw all that TPE into scoring, since that gets way too expensive once you hit 80. So the goal is to get Scoring up to 80, then get everything else up to a reasonable 70 level to play a well balanced game. Once everything is up to 70, Pooks has a few TPE left to maximize his goal scoring potential, so Puck Handling is brought up to 77, as a tribute to 33 goal scorer Anson Carter. 2 TPE are left over, so those get dumped into Penalty Shot. Pooks is completely ignoring face offs as a winger, along with checking, since he has no desire to get in the dirty areas and grind out pucks. Pooks just wants to sit in the slot rippin' pucks home, then go back to the bench and chat with the cutie sitting behind the glass.

[Image: wAnwihB.png]

PBE PT

[Image: woelkers.gif]
(This post was last modified: 02-09-2020, 08:47 PM by Faelax.)

I'm planning on having my player becoming a smooth passing center. He would be an excellent penalty killer with his good scores in face offs and defense, while also being great at covering the center of the ice during even strength play. Offensively, he would be best used as a set up man, ideally paired with a sniper on the wing to bury his passes. He would be a good power play guy, with his great passing and decent shot. His good puck handling and skating skills would make him great for a team that uses a drop pass system to enter the zone on the power play, while being a great slot guy in a typical umbrella power play set up. I'm planning on using my first couple of seasons working on my shooting a little bit, then really focusing on my skating and puck handling. Defense and Face offs will come with experience later on.

[Image: HR6ZA6V.png]

[Image: Faelax.gif]
[Image: aroach.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png]    [Image: DNLeeu0.png]

(This post was last modified: 02-09-2020, 09:46 PM by jtam. Edit Reason: picture makes post go boom )

The end goal for Rikard Hammarberg is to become a defensively sound offensive dynamo, equally adept at shooting and passing, but being able to be relied on to be positionally and defensively sound.  
While not being the most physical player out there, Rikard’s skating will be able to get him out of jams and get into the perfect position to receive a pass, or to deke and dish out the perfect pass for a tip in goal.
There is no point in being a great offensive talent if you are a defensive black hole, being able to be positionally sound and gaining possession is a focal point in Rikard’s game.
Another facet to Rikard’s game is his ability to keep control of the puck while at full speed and evasive maneuvers, allowing him to get open.
To round out his game, he is an excellent passer and is not afraid to unleash his great shot.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: Screenshot_20200209-205359.jpg]

This is the build I'm aiming for at 350 TPE. The major focuses are on defense (80), as it's one of the most important attributes in the sim and I want Axel to be a solid defender and be in the right place as much as possible, scoring (80), because I want Axel to be a key member in terms of creating scoring chances from the point and creating loose pucks in front of the net, and puck handling (75), so that he can get his stick on the puck and hopefully block as many shots as possible while still being strong on the puck and not losing possession. Axel won't be a super physical player at 350 as that's a more long term goal for him, but I want him to be able to skate well enough which is why he had 75 SK.

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

(This post was last modified: 02-10-2020, 09:59 AM by juke.)

[Image: 350_buikd.PNG?width=358&height=676]

MY 350 TPE build will have defense as my max attribute. This is not only because I wanted to build out a two-way defenseman like Hedman or Pietrangelo, but the data from one of my media pieces suggested that defense is also one of the most important ratings to level up to also improve scoring. From there, scoring will be the next highest attribute, as offense is the second half of the whole two-way defenseman playstyle. From there, following the advice of my team’s GMs, as well as my media piece where I looked at the importance of each attribute, I think puck handling, skating, and passing will be 3 stats that I level up evenly with each other. And other than those 5 stats, I most likely won’t even touch any of the other attributes. Not only do they seem unimportant for scoring production, but when I looked through the data, it seems some of them were actually a detriment to scoring. (I know this was 10 hours late, pls forgive, I got carried away writing my media piece)

[Image: smalinowski7.gif]
Sigs: Thanks JNH, Lime, Carpy, and ckroyal92