Create Account

S52 SMJHL PT 2 - Player Progression
(This post was last modified: 02-03-2020, 01:31 PM by reid.)

IDEAL BUILD:

Checking: 41
Fighting: 25
Discipline: 62
Skating: 70
Strength: 60
Endurance: 60
Puck Handling: 70
Face Offs: 77
Passing: 80
Scoring: 70
Defense: 70
Penalty Shot: 40

I chose this build because I want to be a playmaking Center, who is good at face offs, and can be reasonably defensively responsible. That is a lot to ask out of a 350 build, but I think I can get it done. Focusing on passing and face offs, getting them close to 80 right away will allow me to shine where I want my biggest strengths. Getting skating, scoring, puck handling, and defence up to 70 strengthens me in key decision making formula areas. Upping my scoring will give more chances for rebounds (and assists off rebounds) and I can’t expect my player to log PK time if I do not invest in Defense. I am leaving checking as a weakness, and not investing much in endurance and strength, And will work on those in the SHL when I am uncapped. Penalty shot is not invested in, as I do not project to be a major goal scorer and will not be looking to be a sniper. I want to pile up the assists and I think being responsible with the puck (puckhandling, Defense, faceoffs) is the best thing to focus on

Thanks Wasty, Carpy, JSS, TurdFerguson, Geekusoid and Awesomecakes for the sigs!
[Image: reidsuth.gif]

[Image: jCiR0aH.png]
My player build is focused on being a well-rounded power forward. Williams will be able to play defensively and offensively as a centerman. I don't want my player to have any major weaknesses. Currently, my build has been working well with the high defense stat, but I need many key stats to be higher. For a center, my faceoffs have been a little weak this season (under 50%), so I need to increase faceoffs soon. Another big goal will be to reach 75 and 65 passing and scoring, respectively. I have been flying this season in total points, but I definitely need to increase both stats. My player hardly shoots, yet I'm leading the SMJHL in shot percentage. Increasing my shooting will allow my player to become even deadlier. Additionally, I have been aiming for Williams to be a pass-first player, yet he has been struggling to register assists, which is why I'm intent on increasing my passing so much. Lastly, I ensured the other stats were at a reasonable level, such as checking, strength, and endurance. These changes should mean I'm hitting other players more than I'm getting hit, as well as increase my effectiveness for longer periods of time. Combining this with my increase in production, Williams will a threat to be reckoned with.

[Image: UCTqPUg.png]

[Image: AsJ1yLC.jpg]

My player build is for a power forward mix. I originally planned on making a player that had the same skillset as Rick Nash later in his career. At the 350 TPE mark, my build represents a strong two way forward.  Defense is at 70, giving a strong backbone. Skating, Puck handling and Scoring are high into the 70’s to earn the points. Passing is something I was going to work on as I got into the 400 TPE area.

Going over my initial build with Tig, my character build is trying to round out the point earning area to round out my player. Defense, scoring, passing, and puck handling are at the 70 mark to get started. From there, going to work on Scoring to start earning those points. Puckhandling and skating are next on the list to my way to 350. This will help get in better position to put the puck in the net. This should bump up my power play minutes as well.

[Image: topalo2.png] [Image: sig-nash.png]
[Image: Rangerjasegmailcom.gif]
(This post was last modified: 02-03-2020, 03:55 PM by KenitohMenara.)

[Image: kVAe3aA.png]

The Armada is wanting to develop me into a two way forward with offensive upside. Management has also said that at 6ft 3 and 212lbs, my player should looking into developing my defensive skills in order to properly utilize it while also being able to keep opposing players away from the puck. With these thoughts in mind, The above image is based on becoming that well rounded potential 1C that the Armada believes I can become. For me, a Center that can play all 3 zones of hockey is the most valuable kind of player because they can make themselves useful in every situation.

On top of this, I want Santtu to be a high scoring forward, someone who his wingers can rely upon to set them up for big scoring plays. This doesn't mean however that I am not trying to score goals as well but I want to be in the best position for my wingers to get goals from. Hockey is a team sport so any help I can be to my team mates is always a plus.
(This post was last modified: 02-03-2020, 05:39 PM by roastpuff.)

[Image: CMyTYVT.png]

I want to be a puck-moving-and-handling, agine-quick-skating defenceman who can also score. A threat on the power play, but also able to generate 5-on-5. However, I also want to be able to be in the right position to take away pucks, intercept passes, close shooting lanes and keep the opponents from scoring on our team. That is why I mostly put TPE into defense (most important!), skating, passing, puckhandling, and scoring. Basically, think Victor Hedman, John Klingberg, Dougie Hamilton (RIP) - defenceman in that mold who are relied on by their coach in all situations and can carry their team on their back for crucial games. In that regard, I chose to change my weakness to checking so as to be less physical and reduce possible penalties, and added some points to endurance and strength to be able to keep going during long shifts and late minute situations. This way, no matter what, my team can rely on me to keep my pairing going - and this will be crucial on situations nearing the end of playoffs!

[Image: hgcI1ti.png]

Pretty much at 350 tpe I'd like to get my scoring and defense to 80 and the rest of my stats to approximately 70. I want to be reliable in my own zone as well as produce offensively. So putting up my puck handling and skating will also increase my defense statistics in a way. I'm attempting to be more of a sniper as people tend to put up passing a lot so I may even try something new and go a bit higher than 80 with my scoring. We will see how my junior seasons pan out and where I will go from here. Checking and strength as well as face-offs im pretty much ignoring for the time being. These stats aren't what I want my player to be right now as he is not a grinder nor is he a centre, so the random face-off I have to take will be pretty unlucky.

[Image: giphy.mp4]

My current build (225 TPE):

CK = Checking: 43 1/2
FG = Fighting: 25
DI = Discipline: 62
SK = Skating: 69
ST = Strength: 52
EN = Endurance: 60
DU = Durability: 50
PH = Puck Handling: 60
FO = Face Offs: 62
PA = Passing: 60
SC = Scoring: 70
DF = Defense: 71
PS = Penalty Shot: 40

My ideal future build (350 TPE):

CK = Checking: 45
FG = Fighting: 25

DI = Discipline: 62

SK = Skating: 70

ST = Strength: 62

EN = Endurance: 62

DU = Durability: 50 

PH = Puck Handling: 66

FO = Face Offs: 65

PA = Passing: 65

SC = Scoring: 80

DF = Defense: 80
PS = Penalty Shot: 40

The idea behind my current build is to keep it in line with what I had stated that I wanted to build from the jump, which is a two-way, goal scoring center. I do plan on listening to any guidance that I receive from my SMJHL team and future SHL team, but this is a rough idea of what I plan to shoot for. I don't really want to just game the system and build the ideal player for the sim engine as I believe that takes a majority of the fun out of the whole process. I believe that center builds are the hardest of the five non-goaltender skaters because faceoffs need to be accounted for and some early TPE probably needs to be devoted in that category, which can leave you behind some of your fellow rookie classmates. I don't want to just ditch building up my faceoff skill because for this season in the SMJHL, I will only be playing the wing.

Raptors S52 SMJHL Entry Draft First Overall Selection Raptors 
norway Chris Cerullo - Center norway 

[Image: unknown.png]

I would like Sven Svenson to be an offensive scorer that plays responsible defense. Strong skating and puck handling are important to being able to take the puck into the zone and maintain possession. Strength is a secondary skill that I would eventually build up, but in the juniors I think 61 should be strong enough.  Having scoring and defense balanced at 80 seems right because after that point the TPE investment is very steep and I'd have to sacrifice balance in other areas. Despite being a decently sized player at 6'2, 200lbs, Sven is a finesse player and not going to be doing a lot of hitting and won't be fighting (5 mins in the box is a waste of Sven's time). Endurance might be low at 52, maybe something to consider upping and taking a bit out of skating or strength but at this point Sven can be gassed if he's scoring goals.  Maybe a bit of a selfish player but Sven is young and has time to mature.

[Image: BirdmanSHL.gif]

Jean-François Bokassa
Armada

Proud Father of Johnny Wagner-Svenson

[Image: unknown.png]
Sven Svenson Career Stats

Sweden Raptors pride
(This post was last modified: 02-03-2020, 11:43 PM by Lligma Broomstick.)

If I have been here in the league longer and had 350 TPE I would increase three main stats: defense, face-offs, and scoring. Hi, my name is Lligma Broomstick. I am a rookie and a second-line center in the SMJHL for the Vancouver Whalers. The first stat to work on because I am a center is face-offs. Improving and buffering up my stat in the face-off circle in doing will help my winning percentage and help my team receive the puck more which could result in goals for my teammates and me. The past few games my face-off percentage has been up and down so this is the big and most important thing to work on. The second stat to improve is defense it is important no matter what position you play on the ice everyone needs to work on defense. The defense is always a stat any player will like to get better on even though you are not a defense-man in doing so if you have the good defense you can make a player or team turn over the puck more resulting in more offense time. The third stat is scoring because every player loves to score and celly hard. No matter if you are a rookie or a veteran it is always good to score goals.

SKATE fast EAT ass!

[Image: BJRAvJX.png]

The goal here is to continue adding points to the categories that are really important for my pass-first offensive forward. He's a winger, so I felt that face-offs were not important to focus on, and he's not supposed to be a physical player so I left checking and fighting unchanged from where they are now. The categories changed from current values are Skating, Puck Handling, Passing, Scoring, and Defense. Although the player is not designed for defense, I still took equal stock in Defense because apparently that's a very important stat for the sim for any player. While the player is a pass-first style of player, I wanted to make sure his scoring was just as high because he's supposed to be able to do both equally well and my current team needs goal-scorers. His two strengths are Skating and Puck Handling, so I bumped those up a little more with my remaining 8 points.

[Image: FWWm8En.jpg]
Hiroshi Ohira - S53 RW #36 Manhattan Rage/Colorado Raptors

[Image: OsTcMhG.png]

Being an aspiring playmaker, my main goal right now is to upgrade my passing stats, so I'll be focusing on getting that up to 80 first. I remember reading somewhere on one fo these forums in the past that passing and puck handling go hand-in-hand in the decision making formula, so I might have to re-evaluate in a little bit and increase puck handling. I also realized too late that endurance is not nearly important in the SMJHL as it used to be, so I'm stuck with a solid 68 in it until I'm capped. What can ya do? Defence is also a key player in positioning (on both offence and defence), so I feel that increasing that stat will help my player be in the right spots at the right time. Lastly, as a centre, I'll need to increase my face offs by a little bit, up to 64. Not a huge priority in terms of playing style, but need to look at upgrading that as I become uncapped and pad those face off numbers!

Player Page || Update Thread
[Image: ffBCCRQ.png]

Checking - 62
Fighting - 25
Discipline - 62
Skating - 75
Strength - 69
Endurance -65
Puck Handling - 75
Faceoffs - 40
Passing - 76
Scoring - 54
Defense - 66
Penalty Shot - 40

Marty Sertich views himself as a Patty Kane style player, therefore he must focus on passing, skating and puck handling as he strong points. By doing so he can be one of the untouchables on the ice, other players will think they have him in the trolley tracks only to realize he's long gone. This will allow him to create space for other teammates to get open and be able to dish the puck back door for a tap in or find those tough seams to pass through to create goal scoring changes. The only downside can be the weak scoring attributes but the hope is those can be countered by his strengths in the long run. His puck handling skills will hopefully in tight around the net and make the goal end up in the corner on breakaways.  Many want to get the accolades for scoring the game winning goal or hat trick where Marty seeks the joy of setting these goals up with highlight reel passes!

NSFL PT

[Image: giphy.gif]

Player | Update | Twitter

My goal is to focus my player on defensive positioning and excellent passing.  Puck handling is upgraded like it is for the purpose of blocking shots in the defensive zone.  I have recently noticed that my player gets at least one penalty per game so keeping that in mind I have decided to put some more points into discipline.  The goal for my player is to be a shutdown defenseman who has the ability to move the puck up the ice and set up other players for goals through crisp passing.  I also see him being a decent hitter who can hold his own, but that is not the main goal of my player.  I did not look at any other players TPE allocations because I had a certain idea of what I wanted and this is it.  My player has no intention of capitalizing on scoring chances at a high percentage and he has no intention of skating the puck when a better passing option is open.  He just enjoys shutting down other teams' forwards.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: murphy2.png]
[Image: NI78UUy.png?width=400&height=267]
[Image: Skree.gif]
(This post was last modified: 02-05-2020, 12:52 AM by Jobin.)

[Image: 7LGLMco.jpg]

As my goalie reaches 350 TPE, I'll try to keep him pretty balanced among all of my skills. That being said, I do value reaction time and rebound control over the other attributes for what I think are pretty obvious reasons. Reaction time because as far as I know, that is the most important skill a goalie can have, it takes being quick to stop shots going 90+ MPH. As for rebound control, I'm just tired of reading the game play by plays with “A. Jobin stopped a shot with a rebound” over and over. To quote The Mighty Ducks, “That's how they beat you. Not with the first shot, the second and the third.” Most of my other stats will hover in the 70-80 range with skating and penalty shot lagging a bit behind. As I earn more, those two will get to 70 before I start seriously raising the others.

[Image: awesomecakes.gif]
[Image: beautifulphoenix.gif]