Create Account

S52 WFT #2 - All Star Team

[Image: 1566573157995-smash-mouth.jpeg?crop=0.92...e=2000%3A*]

As we approach and bypass the midway point of the season, there's no better time to think about the all-star team! (i guess we technically do all-star teams at the end but we can do a mid-season all-star team like the NHL does.)
Who's on your all star team? Pick 1 center, 2 wings, 2 defense, and 1 goalie for your all star squad - list them, and write 25+ words to accompany it (can be defending one of your choices, naming your toughest omission, anything related).
Members who do the thing will receive 1 capped TPE, and some members who go above and beyond (plenty of directions to go on this one) will be selected as participation+ members and rewarded with 1 bonus uncapped TPE.

Deadline: Sunday, February 9th at 10PM ET

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

Goku Muerto center
Lyndis Vakarian wing
Nick Brain wing
Poopity Scoop defences
Geoff Moore defense
Geezus Kryyst goalie

Goku is in at center pretty much over for anyone else the savior of the universe so pretty much everyone else is done goku can pretty much take this on himself 5 vs 1 so it's all over

[Image: Fitted_3.png]

2x 4Star Cup Champ s49 s50

1x commissioners excellence award s 50
(This post was last modified: 02-07-2020, 01:00 AM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

C- Monkey D. Luffy
F- Andreas Kvalheim
F- Goku Muerto
D- Charlie Schieck
D- Poopity Scoop
G- Emiko Spector

And as an SHL event.. I’m tapping Mike Izzy with the all star achievement award to be honoured between periods for his 18 seasons of tasty #Izzy-Dogs.

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria
(This post was last modified: 02-07-2020, 12:58 AM by StamkosFan.)

For my center, I'm going with Goku Muerto from Winnipeg. It was a tough choice between him and Buffalo's Monkey D. Luffy, as they both have 25 points, but since Muerto is on a worse team, he has less help from his teammates and so likely had to do more work to reach the same number. He also has one more goal, which gives him the edge as goals are generally prized more than assists. And for one more thing, he has played one less game than Luffy so he has a game in hand and presumably with another game played, he will pass Luffy.

Now for the wingers. Nick Brain of Winnipeg has also had a great breakout season and is my first choice on the wing. The right winger is entering the home stretch of his career, but he's really made a splash this year. He has more points than any other winger with a game less played than most players in the league, with a whopping 26 points racked up. Regardless of there already being another Winnipeg player that line has really stood out and he deserves the nomination more than any other forward in my opinion, as he is the league's points leader and is having a real special season.

For my second winger choice, I am going with Lyndis Vakarian of Toronto. It was a tough choice between him or Philipp Winter of Los Angeles as the second choice but Vakarian has 13 goals, good for the league lead. The North Stars lost their star player in Mikhail Lokitonov but somehow have another guy scoring at a crazy place on the wing and picking up where he left off, Vakarian is scoring over a point per game and has 24 points, tied for first in left wing and tied for second in all wingers, on a really bad team with few pieces of any value. What he is doing in spite of what team he is on is very impressive and he deserves to appear in the All Star Game.

Poopity Scoop is a no brainer for my first pick on defense. After a few quiet seasons, he is having a ridiculous outburst this season. He's tied for second in league scoring with 25 points, from the blue line. And it's not just assists racked up from a strong power play or anything like that, he's been showing off some scoring prowess as well. He's tied for the league lead in goals by a defenseman with 7, so he clearly knows how to beat goalies and shoot the puck. And unlike most offensive defenseman, who aren't physical and aren't as strong in their own end, he knows how to throw some big hits and be in charge in his own end. He's been a real gem for Buffalo and is making the league notice him again; S44 may be a small class but it has some heavy hitters, and Scoop is proving that he is one of the best in the business.

Charlie Schieck of San Francisco handily takes the second defenseman slot, a full two points ahead of the next closest defenseman, Geoff Moore. Not only has Schieck racked up 24 points with his brilliant passing, but while he doesn't hit a lot, he is a magnificent shot blocker, blocking 32 shots so far this year. He is willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done. He's really shown his veteran leadership and the value of his experience this year, and he's tied for the lead in points on his team as a defenseman, so he's been driving both the offense and the defense to turn things around. He's arguably a major reason why San Francisco is comfortably in playoff position at this point after struggling over the past few seasons, and that's why he belongs among a crew of All Stars.

For goalies, I'm going with Buffalo's Cedric Robinson. It was tough to decide whether to go by save percentage or by wins, especially when the nearest save percentage to Robinson is only .002 behind him, but when I saw that he had the lead in goals against average with an impressive 2.50, and was second in wins, I knew he was the best all around in metrics. Besides, save percentage is most directly indicative of a goalie's ability to stop pucks and how many he lets past him, so it seems the fairest and most unbiased way to judge performance. Buffalo had a rocky start but has really turned things around, and Robinson's resiliency is quite impressive. He should be a fine netminder for an All Star night and certainly has the skill set that the fans will be looking for.

C- Goku Muerto (WIN)
W- Lyndis Vakarian (TOR)
W- Nick Brain (WIN)
D- Poopity Scoop (BUF)
D- Charlie Schieck (SFP)
G- Cedric Robinson (BUF)

[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/ByNN8Jn.gif[/img]
(This post was last modified: 02-07-2020, 01:07 AM by JamesT.)

C - Goku Muerto  Jets
W - Lyndis Vakarian  Stars
W - Nick Brain  Jets
D - Geoff Moore  Chiefs
D -  Poopity Scoop  Stampede
G - Tommy Tuck  Blizzard
Most of this all star team are the current scoring leaders for their respective positions so far in the season of this post (Feb 6th, 2020). 
I had to choose my boy Tommy Tuck as he has been exceptional for us this far with a record of 8-2, a save % of .9333 and a GAA of 2.08. 

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla for the player signatures! 

C - Monkey D. Luffy Stampede
W - Nick Brain Jets
W - Jeff Brogen pride
D - Poopity Scoop Stampede
D - Charlie Schieck pride
G - Cedric Robinson Stampede

All three of these forwards have been the main offensive contributors towards the success of their teams this season. Scoop and Schieck have put up huge numbers on both ends of the ice, while Robinson so far has a large gulf in stats between him and the other top starting goalies.

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

C-Robert Phelps-Phelps is one of the best centres in shl history and he is very talented
W-Aaron Wilson-Big brain and he can score from anywhere
W-Hugh Jazz- Of course im picking my player
D- Tig Murphy :3
D-Gabe Johnson- very gud person
G-Geezus Kryyst- He has been a wall for us since the playoffs and has been one of the better goalies.
(This post was last modified: 02-07-2020, 02:50 AM by puolivalmiste.)

C - Tony Pepperoni Blizzard
F - Richard Metcalf Jr. pride
F - DeMaricus Smyth Specters
D - Brennan Kennedy Jr Dragons
D - Karlstraße Scholz Blizzard
G - Benjamin Blue Barracuda

We have so many great players to pick from and there will be many teams with those top picks. But I decided to select a team that would be intimidating, making their opponent second guess if it is even worth playing a showmatch against these players. This lineup has combined 14 fights, 193 penalty minutes, 216 hits and 71 points, so they are not just some goons like Björn but someone who can score after they have literally beaten their opponents.

[Image: puolivalmiste2.gif]
Sigs by @Carpy48, @Nokazoa and me

(This post was last modified: 02-07-2020, 03:10 AM by Henrik.)

Stars Vakarian Stars - Jets Muerto Jets - Panthers Winter Panthers
Stampede Scoop Stampede - pride Schieck pride
Steelhawks Kryyst Steelhawks

Muerto had had a fantastic season so far on a team that few thought would be competing this year. Same goes for Vakarian and Winter really. Mediocre teams that are being boosted by fantastic player performances.

Scoop and Schieck are two veteran defenseman that produce and are reliable in their own end.

Kryyst is having a strong season in net and while his GAA and Sv% isn't near the top of the league, he has faced a lot of shots which makes his numbers impressive.

[Image: JvI8fTp.png]

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png]

[Image: uDjThoa.png]

(This post was last modified: 02-07-2020, 04:15 AM by sarmo.)

C Goku Muerto
W Commander Shepard
W Nick Brain
D Slip McScruff
D Gary Grease
G - LeBlanc

One thing that's obvious here is all these jets but I honestly think no one can beat this line up because of it's high end two-way ability.

Doubt is a dream killer
(This post was last modified: 02-07-2020, 04:42 AM by Mutedfaith.)

Hippo Passamus
Flacko Lagerfield                           David Fantobens

Tig Murphy     Poopity Scoop
Cedric Robinson

Since being an all-star consists of so much more than just having a decent season in points, blocked shots, hits or whatever other stat; I went with these six guys.
Falcons

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

F- Andreas Kvalheim Renegades
F- Ola Wagstrom Wolfpack
F- Aaron Wilson Steelhawks
D- Parker Smeb syndicate
D- Tatu Makela Stampede
G- Kryyst Steelhawks

i picked these guys becaues they are my fantasy team. They really are not doing that well, but i figure the extra practice might actually help them learn how to put up points and stuff so send these guys to the ASG please.

C: Goku Muerto
W: Nick Brain
W: Jeff Brogen
D: Poopity Scoop
D: Charlie Schieck
G: Cedric Robinson

Robinson is having a stellar season, with an incredible save percentage for the amount of shots he's faced. Scoop and Schieck are some of the more skilled passers we have in the SHL. Brain and Brogen are doing everything they can on offense to keep their teams in games, as is Muerto.

[Image: traphag2.gif]
(sigs courtesy of Carpy48, BDonini, Turd Ferguson, FlappyGiraffe, and Sulovilen)
(This post was last modified: 02-07-2020, 10:16 AM by thiefofcheese.)

I'm also going to go with a fantasy based all-star team. My guys are doing quite well, but I think the ego boost can help out a lot by being picked for the All Star game. They don't need no stinkin rest, they need big minutes!

F - Lil Manius
F - Manuel Gotze
F - DeMaricus Smyth
D - Tor Tuck
D - Corey Kennedy
G - Tibuk Soonika

I'm not worried about who's center vs wing - lets just go rock this thing

[Image: thiefofcheese.gif]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] 

Sig credit: Ragnar, Carpy48, High Stick King

C- Max Mauldin
LW- Andreas Kvalheim
RW- Mikhail Lokitonov
D- Charlie Schieck
D- Gabriel Johnson
G- Harry Carpet

Everyone picks the same damn people, I wanna be different dammit. First up we've got Graphics Boi Wasty in the C dropping shadows and lighting flares all over the ice for a mad skizzywizzy time.

Next we got that big ol Fantasy Texan fella that I shared a draft class with. I don't really know him all that well but I got a cup and he don't so maybe I should be in there. Jk I'm garbage and he's good.

Then we got big ol Tank commander ML bringing up the right. He tried so hard to tank he moved himself to a different team. Didn't work though he's an awful driver apparently. Toronto are lit.

First D is the guy who's name I always read as Shrieck and I took in fantasy that one season. Turned out he's pretty good. Anyway he plays for SFP so he's wasting his talent cause they are cursed.

Last D is ole mate Gabey. Gabe and I go way back so there was No way I couldN't pick him. Not oNly does he bring passioN aNd determiNation to the ice, but it's rumoured that he also is completely uNbiased towards everyoNe.

Finally we have the brick wall himself. Carpet has somehow stopped the North Stars from tanking at all. ML must truly hate drafting him.

[Image: first.png]
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img][img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img]
Maxime Bouchard
Armada Dragons Info - Updates  Dragons Armada
Richard Dickbutt McFudderdudder II
Armada Info - Updates Armada