Create Account

S52 PT #3 - What's Your Fantasy?

I would like to see fantasy categories that encompass the entirety of a complete hockey player. So obviously, you keep goals, assists, shots, hits, shot blocks. But I would add takeaways and giveaways, as well as penalty minutes. Giveaways and PIM would give negative points, meaning they are undesireable in a complete hockey player.
Further, I wouldn’t mind if there was a seventh player taken to each fantasy team: a rookie. Could be any position, but it would be cool to have a mandatory rookie pick included in order to give an introduction to the new talent being introduced into the league.
Finally, I think there could be some expansion to the goalie statistics. Assists, especially, would reward those goalies that actually put the effort into increasing their passing statistic. Goals probably wouldn’t factor into things much, since a goalie scoring isn’t exactly a common occurrence. If you’re looking for a negative stat for goalies (in the same vein as giveaways) then look no further than a rebounds statistic. ■

[169 words]

[Image: 9ZNnX19.png]

Canada | Player Page | Grizzlies | Player Updates | Inferno

I think +/- would make for an interesting stat to add. I know a lot of fantasy hockey leagues take this in to account, and it impacts the value of certain players. Especially those who play on bad teams but get 50% playing time. Yes they put up a lot of points, but should also get punished if they’re getting scored against.

I know this is a team stat, and it’s not necessarily fair to the player, this should be a small impact and not completely deter people from taking players on bad teams. However, there should be some minor penalty which would give users an additional element to think about when drafting their teams or making swaps.

Besides that, maybe some additional points for special teams points. Lots of guys play special teams and those points don’t get counted on their scores. That adds an additional aspect when it comes to drafting, as it may force someone to pick up a weaker 1st liner over a stronger 2nd liner.

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]

When it comes to something new to add to the fantasy section, it would have to be face off percentage or corsi related. For example, corsi would be a fantastic stat to add into our current fantasy for a couple of reasons. For one, it would give a much better overall impact of what a player is capable of, setting aside fluke picks who had a lucky season the season previous, and instead obscuring them in favour of more consistent players who can guarantee you some more points than they might have previously. Face off percentage would also help, especially if it contained defensive and offensive zone splits as it would add further depth into the stats we have available to play with in comparison with the requirement to go outside and gather these stats on your own. All in all, i feel both could be good improvements to the fantasy scene however I feel Corsi would probably be the most impactful addition.

Quote:Written Option #2: What off-ice stats do you think should be added to a fantasy SHL league? Maybe a fantasy updaters team where you get points for how many updates your updaters put in in a season. Number of swears said in Discord per week. Get creative - something based around the user, not the player. (150 words min.)

As everyone knows, one of the most important aspects in hockey that doesnt get reflected in the stat sheet is leadership qualities. We dont have the same kind of on ice leadership like the NHL has, but we do have some other forms of leadership. The main one of these is helping others update.

For a new stat in our fantasy leagues, I think we should keep a new counting stat of "times posting links to PT claims in the discord." Giving your guys access to PTs is one of the best ways to make your team better, so we should commended in our stats.

Along the same lines, we always have those pesky inactive and semi active players, myself included among the latter. These guys are vital to our league, but sometimes need some extra motivation getting those updates in on time. Thats why I say we need to add the metric "times bothering semi-active users to update" as a stat. I know how hard this can be to do, so people who actually make it work deserve extra recognition!

I think that when it comes to fantasy we need to add some intangibles to spice things up. Numbers are boring by themselves and when you are just plugging numbers in to get more numbers, that’s a lot of endless numbers to get burnt out on. That is why I propose that we add “intangibles” as a fantasy stat. A player’s intangibles score should be a total of some points added or subtracted depending on certain factors, some of which might be randomly generated, some of which you have to back up with writing (interviews, player background, etc.) For example, a player could score positive intangible points if he has a dog or other awesome pet, or if his name is Tanner Glass, or if he ate spaghetti for breakfast, but the user has to have written about these things prior to the update where the points are claimed. A player could lose intangible points if he just got dumped, or if his coach made him talk about the things he doesn’t care for in his teammates and then told all the teammates what he said about them. We all know the sim is a fickle mistress anyway, why not throw in some random nonsense to spice it up.

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

Code:
Written Option #1: what stats would you like to see get added to fantasy SHL in the future? (Don't worry about whether or not it's an actual possibility in FHM) - what on-ice statistics do you think should count in fantasy? (150 words min.)

I like to keep my fantasy leagues very simple and I think the current SHL format is actually quite good. Goals and assists should always be the center point when it comes to the fantasy leagues and I think that shots, hits and blocked shots should also be part of it so I think as of right now, the fantasy leagues are well done. Even though I wouldn't add anything to it, if I had to do it, I would probably add power play points and +/- for the skaters and goals against for the goalies. I think that for every goal allowed by the team, the goalie group should be deducted a certain amount of points, maybe a -0.5. I would also add another point or half a point if the goal or assist is scored on the power play. Finally, I would add the plus/minus stat to the fantasy league and subtract a point if they player is in the negatives for this stat.

Code:
166 words

[Image: RBQhWRP.png]
[Image: sLnhTvh.jpg]

FHM will be adding a ton of new stats that will be tracked and could be used and added to SHL fantasy to make it more detailed and indepth, although that would also make it much more work and harder to draft good teams, or easier depending on how you look at it. Some stats that could be added that are even already tracked by STHS could be +/- pims powerplay points and steals/takeaways. Could also take away points for turnovers/giveaways. Another cool one could be hat tricks/multi point games or something along those lines although that could make it a bit more frustrating/luck based if a person with a multi point game ended up getting similar fantasy points to someone with a few more points but weren't all in one game. Finally if we wanted to get super indepth we could try using some advanced/puck possession related stats.

[Image: Kylrad2.gif]
[Image: Kylrad.gif]

[Image: Fantasy.jpg]

[Image: Spicy_Funko.jpg]
Player Page             Update Thread

It would be fun to have a fantasy league based on inactivity within jobs. This is not the type of league where I think you should get TPE for, it should be mainly for entertainment and drama with perhaps a small cash prize for the best fantasy participants. You would draft a user and which of their jobs for to clarify for people with multiple jobs, and you get points for each day that the person does nothing in their jobs. You get bonuses for every full week someone goes without doing a job. The user with the highest score who was drafted will get an unwanted award, and for the first year of the pool it would be named after the first winner. Perhaps being publicly shamed would encourage more people to do their jobs rather than sit back and collect their salary with minimal or no work. But either way, this fantasy pool would be a ton of fun and would be guaranteed to lead to a ton of great memes.

[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/ByNN8Jn.gif[/img]

For me, it would be a GRIT category. Yes, I am aware that the entire GRIT/60 thing is a big joke to many of you, but to me, it's all my player has. SO: how do we go about calculating such a stat? Very simple:

((Hits Given - (Hits Taken)^(1/2))*(Total Fights + (Fights Won)^2))/(Points per 60)

Now, many of you would say such a calculation is completely arbitrary and isn't tied to any real mathematics. To that I say: shut up nerd. Now, a quick explanation:

- Of course, a hits given/taken representation is a given: everyone knows more hits equals more grit, so having a decent representation is very important.

- Fights are a quintessential value to have when you're a grit player, so having this also makes sense. Having fights won is major brownie points in anyone's book, so that's why it's squared. As for why I don't include fights lost: grit is also well expressed when you lose, so it is unimportant to the overall equation.

- Now, for the total points: we all know that a good, gritty player will not score a whole lot, but they will score enough to be of at least some service on a 3rd pairing/4th line. The lower this total, the better your overall score in the other categories will be since you're spending time on what matters.

[Image: MCP_.gif]
     [Image: ICON1.png][Image: lions-button-updates.png]

The one thing I have really liked about other fantasy leagues Ive been in is the depth of scoring, whether its football, baseball or hockey, when you can have multiple categories of scoring, it makes it more exciting and you can choose from more players.

The categories that should be added for skaters should be special team points, and for goalies, there should be save percentage and goals against categories. The extra player categories are easy to add to a total points league, but to help add the goalie stats, you would need to start a head to head league, which would be the biggest add.

This type of league would make it even more competitive for everyone involved, and would even add a playoffs to crown a real winner, but I believe adding all that will make more people stay active in the fantasy side of things and really help.

[Image: WtrC9qy.png]

FalconsJapanpride

There are a few new options available to us with the impending move to switching to FHM from STHS which opens up quite a lot of availabilities regarding chosing hockey metric but I personally think that it might be more fun to go with a User based option. Sadly we can't monitor people on discord but who knows maybe some coding mastermind like Esilverm could figure out a way to make the SHL scraper bot figure out how many times each user has used certain emotes or phrases and that can be then tracked back and we can give fantasy a scoring category of who said the most :zoomeyes: or the gud ol Cheers emote which has been quite popular for some time. How often someone mentions to word cookie? Or which username just gets mentions the most gets the most point in another category. Who knows maybe there could be quite some unexpected results.

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

For me, I'd really like to see deeper analytic stats such as turnovers, takeaways and either faceoff wins or faceoff percentage. The turnover and takeaway stats would be awesome to gain a better picture of a player's play when they aren't scoring or hitting. As a Dman, I find those stats to be super interesting as it is a very important aspect of defensive play that isn't captured in the standard hits and shots blocked stats. I also think having a faceoff statistic would be awesome for centers as winning faceoffs is one of their most important duties. I think it would really help differentiate centers from wingers is fantasy and give them a bit more value to make picking the right center that much more important.

Player Updates
Player Page
Twitter

There a couple things for fantasy that I would I want the CF and CA to be included into fantasy. Because with CF and CA it is the shots for while your on the ice, and the shots against on the ice. it would help bring more fantasy stats that helps people that drive the play and people who are playmakers. It also helps because you can just do CF-CA in order to get the points. And if you are in the negatives then you get down in points as well. For forwards as well you could do the same thing with Giveaways and takeaways with the same thing as CF and CA. So you can just do Giveaways - takeaways and then if its positivie it will add to it and if it is in the negatives than it will subtract. So we will see how that would effect fantasy.

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

Joseph Weston would love to see Fights Won added to Fantasy Stats Counted when the switch to FHM is made. That to Joseph Weston would be a brilliant idea that allows players who feel truly enabled to show their strongest side on the ice be rewarded for such fantastic shows of dominance, regardless of team or player. Fights Won would truly be a fantastic showing for FHM fantasy and would only add to the benefits that FHM provides to the site. This stat enables players to truly fulfill the enforcer role that has been so sadly ignored in previous iterations of site simulation technology. While fantasy has been fantastic for Joseph Weston as he has achieved 1 TPE each and every time he has participated, FHM enabling Fights Won would tempt Joseph Weston into putting even more work into the work and decisions he makes when deciding whom to pick for fantasy.

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa