Create Account

STL Punishment

02-08-2020, 12:45 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Explain the reasoning behind Doyle’s suspension @BadWolf
As commissioner, I do not vote on punishments unless there is a tie. This decision came to under the pretense that she played games in the SMJHL while called up. Those are games she would have not been allowed to play. To make up the fact that she was not supposed to be on the roster, HO felt it was fair to make sure stl did not have an advantage by playing Doyle extra games.

[Image: badwolf221B42.gif]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

02-08-2020, 03:02 PMBadWolf Wrote:
02-08-2020, 12:45 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Explain the reasoning behind Doyle’s suspension @BadWolf
As commissioner, I do not vote on punishments unless there is a tie. This decision came to under the pretense that she played games in the SMJHL while called up. Those are games she would have not been allowed to play. To make up the fact that she was not supposed to be on the roster, HO felt it was fair to make sure stl did not have an advantage by playing Doyle extra games.
So why did your decision ultimately stray from precedent? And why did you decide to make up for the error by suspending Doyle rather than requiring STL play an extra 2 backup games?

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

02-08-2020, 03:09 PMWannabeFinn Wrote:
02-08-2020, 03:02 PMBadWolf Wrote: As commissioner, I do not vote on punishments unless there is a tie. This decision came to under the pretense that she played games in the SMJHL while called up. Those are games she would have not been allowed to play. To make up the fact that she was not supposed to be on the roster, HO felt it was fair to make sure stl did not have an advantage by playing Doyle extra games.
So why did your decision ultimately stray from precedent? And why did you decide to make up for the error by suspending Doyle rather than requiring STL play an extra 2 backup games?

Isn't Doyle sitting out 2 games the same as just playing 2 extra backup games?

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

02-08-2020, 03:25 PM.bojo Wrote:
02-08-2020, 03:09 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: So why did your decision ultimately stray from precedent? And why did you decide to make up for the error by suspending Doyle rather than requiring STL play an extra 2 backup games?

Isn't Doyle sitting out 2 games the same as just playing 2 extra backup games?
No. If they need 2 extra backup games, we can call up Doyle during that time frame. If she’s suspended and we call her up, it doesn’t count towards the suspension.

02-08-2020, 03:09 PMWannabeFinn Wrote:
02-08-2020, 03:02 PMBadWolf Wrote: As commissioner, I do not vote on punishments unless there is a tie. This decision came to under the pretense that she played games in the SMJHL while called up. Those are games she would have not been allowed to play. To make up the fact that she was not supposed to be on the roster, HO felt it was fair to make sure stl did not have an advantage by playing Doyle extra games.

Because we decided the precident ventured into gross cap punishment and was a shit precident.

02-08-2020, 03:31 PMgolden_apricot Wrote:
02-08-2020, 03:09 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: So why did your decision ultimately stray from precedent? And why did you decide to make up for the error by suspending Doyle rather than requiring STL play an extra 2 backup games?

Because we decided the precident ventured into gross cap punishment and was a shit precident.
So switching the cap punishment to a fine on the management wasn’t enough?

PUNISH EVOK SHE IS A FILTHY CHEATER

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]
(This post was last modified: 02-08-2020, 04:19 PM by majesiu.)

[Image: 80O0csm.png]

[Image: Too9kfy.png]
 Player Page  |  Update Page

cant say i agree with this take, its a small suspension but regardless evok didnt do anything, it makes 0 sense that she has to take any of this on

[Image: bjobin2.png]
[Image: 9tINabI.png][Image: c97iD9R.png]

**First GM in SMJHL history to win 3 Four Star Cups back-to-back-to-back**

St Louis goalies and getting suspended, don't even try to name a more iconic duo

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

02-08-2020, 04:56 PMSlashACM Wrote: St Louis goalies and getting suspended, don't even try to name a more iconic duo
slash and slash? i got nothing yet i still hit post

[Image: nokazoa.gif]

CURRENT PLAYER

[Image: sN8N4xa.png]         [Image: xd5tvj8.png]

FORMER PLAYER

[Image: ktJ2jTl.png]

This is a fair punishment and I agree with HO.

[Image: tuxpi-com-1618108119.jpg]

02-08-2020, 12:10 PMTML99 Wrote: punish the goalie because the SMJHL doesn't have systems in place for when goalies get called up seems good

Give nic and I the fine thats cool but 2 games for doyle is lame AF

if your going to start making junior teams carry 3 goalies then say so or if we need to move to a system were a team is given a 200tpe computer back then fine but at least have those systems in place before your going to punish a team

Nic did his job in posting in the thread that Doyle was called up, other then that i guess we could have "foreseen" this issue and warned HO urging to let us play a cpu backup but then in that hand everyone could have "foreseen" this yet nothing has ever been done.

TML brings up a very good point here that I think is being glossed over in this thread as well. What is the proper system for teams when their goalie gets pulled up to the SHL? Who is supposed to suit up in backup?

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]

02-08-2020, 05:50 PMBlastmeaway Wrote:
02-08-2020, 12:10 PMTML99 Wrote: punish the goalie because the SMJHL doesn't have systems in place for when goalies get called up seems good

Give nic and I the fine thats cool but 2 games for doyle is lame AF

if your going to start making junior teams carry 3 goalies then say so or if we need to move to a system were a team is given a 200tpe computer back then fine but at least have those systems in place before your going to punish a team

Nic did his job in posting in the thread that Doyle was called up, other then that i guess we could have "foreseen" this issue and warned HO urging to let us play a cpu backup but then in that hand everyone could have "foreseen" this yet nothing has ever been done.

TML brings up a very good point here that I think is being glossed over in this thread as well. What is the proper system for teams when their goalie gets pulled up to the SHL? Who is supposed to suit up in backup?

When a goalie gets called up it is up to the smjhl gm to sign a fa goalie to fill that temporarily empty roster spot. This is why shl gms are required to give smjhl gms a 24hr notice of call ups.

[Image: badwolf221B42.gif]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

02-08-2020, 05:50 PMBlastmeaway Wrote: TML brings up a very good point here that I think is being glossed over in this thread as well. What is the proper system for teams when their goalie gets pulled up to the SHL? Who is supposed to suit up in backup?

I'll do it for 50 bucks.

[Image: lebbish.gif]