Create Account

Season 51 Hall of Fame Ceremony
(This post was last modified: 02-16-2020, 11:07 PM by Chevy.)

Good evening everyone, and welcome to the 51st “Annual” SHL Hall of Fame ceremony.  It is my pleasure to be your host tonight here in Toronto at the SHL Hall of Fame and tonight before you we will be inducting three fantastic players.  I can also assure you, there will be no worries tonight about tampering, illegal goaltenders or pass juicing.

As a sophomore player in this league, it came as a great surprise when I was asked to present here tonight.  For many of you, the names I present here you will recognize.  Some of you have had good rivalries with them.  Some of you maybe even shared a team with them….and then there’s people like me who, frankly have no clue who these people are but know they did some pretty great stuff!
(This post was last modified: 02-16-2020, 11:06 PM by Chevy.)

Strom sneaks in a nervous chuckle and a snarky smile before continuing.
(This post was last modified: 02-16-2020, 11:06 PM by Chevy.)

Regardless of how these inductees interacted with you personally, they definitely interacted with the league as a whole and helped continue setting the pace for an ever-changing world of hockey.

Now, before we get over to review the nominees, allow me to remind everyone about the Hall’s selection process.

Each member that is on the Hall of Fame committee places votes for a maximum of five players to be inducted.  They rank these players on a scale of 1 to 5, and each ranking is given an equivalent amount of points:  10, 7, 5, 3 and 1 respectively.   For a player to be inducted, he must acquire a total of 35 points and there are no minimum or maximum amount of players who can be inducted each season.

Just so you know, the text is blacked out on night-mode. If you hit clear formatting after pasting, you'll have to redo any formatting, but it resets the text for both views on the site.

Otherwise, you're doing great!

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

(This post was last modified: 02-16-2020, 11:05 PM by Chevy.)

With that being said, now, here are your nominees:
(This post was last modified: 02-16-2020, 11:08 PM by Chevy.)

Kelly Rivet (@Snuffalupagus):  Season 29 - Season 44

Michael McFadden (@Abdeezy): Season 27 - Season 48

Jean-Luc Reflieux (@vbottas17): Season 29 - Season 45

Chris York (@Symmetrik): Season 32 - Season 49

Toivo Kosonen (@Toivo): Season 30 - Season 47

Luke Atmey (@Velevra): Season 31 - Season 49

Adam Kaiser (@Ghost): Season 30 - Season 49

Corey Bearss (@CBear): Season 30 - Season 49

Danny Foster (@GCool): Season 29 - Season 43

And last, but certainly not least...

Mikke Laukkanen (@jjaybs): Season 27 - Season 44