Create Account

S52 PT #3 - What's Your Fantasy?
(This post was last modified: 02-10-2020, 01:30 PM by hotdog.)

Personally, me? I wanna lick lick lick lick you from your head to your toes, but that's just me. Yours can be different. In fact... let's get creative here. We'll return to the Anthology next week, but PT #3 will be a midseason reprieve with another sort of topic. @bbjygm and I (but mostly him) are actually cooking up something fun that we're planning on debuting next season, so keep your eyes out for that in a few weeks. For now, those discussions have served as my inspiration in proposing this week's task.

With an impending move to FHM, there are some exciting possibilities for the Fantasy SHL world. Written Option #1: what stats would you like to see get added to fantasy SHL in the future? (Don't worry about whether or not it's an actual possibility in FHM) - what on-ice statistics do you think should count in fantasy? (150 words min.)

Written Option #2: What off-ice stats do you think should be added to a fantasy SHL league? Maybe a fantasy updaters team where you get points for how many updates your updaters put in in a season. Number of swears said in Discord per week. Get creative - something based around the user, not the player. (150 words min.)
(feel free to submit a PT that addresses #1 and #2 together, if you wish)

Graphic Option: Design a "fantasy winner" site badge. Some sort of graphic that indicates this user is a fantasy winner that could be placed under their avatar or as part of their sig.

THIS PT IS FOR SHL PLAYERS AND SEND DOWNS. IT IS NOT FOR SMJHL ROOKIES. 

You will receive 3 capped TPE for fulfilling all requirements.

This PT will close Sunday, February 16th at 11:59pm ET.

Welfare claims from either PBE or NSFL are accepted! (if you’re claiming welfare and have a different username on the affiliate's site then you need to state that in your post to get credit.) I know it's CW in PBE - a CW task can indeed be linked here for welfare credit.

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

[Image: MacmahonPT.png]

[Image: nokazoa.gif]

CURRENT PLAYER

[Image: sN8N4xa.png]         [Image: xd5tvj8.png]

FORMER PLAYER

[Image: ktJ2jTl.png]
(This post was last modified: 02-10-2020, 01:07 AM by JamesT.)

Code:
Written Option #1: what stats would you like to see get added to fantasy SHL in the future? (Don't worry about whether or not it's an actual possibility in FHM) - what on-ice statistics do you think should count in fantasy? (150 words min.)
Some stats that I would like to see be implemented for fantasy SHL would be powerplay points and goals against average for goalies.
I would like to see powerplay points be implemented because that is when a lot of scoring opportunities will take place and having players who are on the PP will add additional value for the world of fantasy hockey. 
Goalies currently have games won, shutouts (which i think should be removed since shutouts are a very random stat and is very inconsistent when valuing a goaltender) and saves. I think that adding the stat of goals against average will help goalies who aren't always on the dominant teams in the SHL. For example Carey Price of the montreal canadians is an elite goaltender even though he doesn't play for the best team in the NHL, but he is very fantasy relevant. This can be replicated in the SHL where people playing fantasy should have more goalie options rather than focusing on goalies who are only on the top end teams in the league.
These are the two stats that I would like to see added towards fantasy in the SHL! 

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla for the player signatures! 

Code:
Written Option #1: what stats would you like to see get added to fantasy SHL in the future? (Don't worry about whether or not it's an actual possibility in FHM) - what on-ice statistics do you think should count in fantasy?

-It would be interesting to factor in PIMs as a positive for fantasy scoring, like many fantasy leagues in the real life fantasy hockey world. In STHS, hits are obviously incredibly important to fantasy performance, but the total numbers for hits for the average somewhat checking player will be going down in FHM I believe. PIMs would be a way to stop physicality based players from being nerfed by this change, because it would mean that physicality and more 'grinder' traits would still be helpful to consider when looking into the best pick options. In FHM, it seems like scoring totals are slightly more increased overall, so possibly having more stats like maybe PIMs, +/-, or even special teams points factored in could make it so that the higher end players have more factors to consider before being picked. Special teams points are especially one that would be neat, because it would bring importance for fantasy owners to find out how big a special teams role a player will likely have on the season.

(173 words)

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

I'm fairly conservative in my opinion on fantasy stats, but I think we could add a couple with the change to FHM. The biggest and most obvious one there is would be powerplay points. Any team with a good powerplay is only doing themselves a favour, and I believe it should transition into fantasy as well. Maybe each powerplay point gives a 50% bonus towards goals and assists for whatever it was, or something like that. Another potential option for skaters would be PIMs. While a negative influence on the ice, they can provide value in fantasy to players that might normally be overlooked in favour of pure point getters. For goalies this might be hard to incorporate into the current system but if there was a way to quantify GAA and SV% they would be a nice addition. They're standard categories in almost every format so they would be a welcome addition. My final idea isn't a stat to add, but I think it would be fun to add one utility player slot on top of what is currently there. This would change the strategy for drafting vastly, allowing players to select a wildcard forward, defenseman, or goalie.

[Image: jrousseau.gif]
[Image: j7ebBxQ.png] [Image: FbT2Pb1.png]
Canada Knights Canada Knights Canada

Currently in fantasy, the emphasize is more on scoring points (goals and assists) and a lot less on making great plays, showing good hockeyskills and preventing the other team from setting up their attack.

To take away some of this points-scoring bias in future fantasy seasons, I'd like to see three stats get added.

Pass-completion percentage: What percentage of the players passes made it to the stick of the receiving player? Missed passes, intercepted passes, passes that are too hard or not hard enough all have a negative effect on a teams performance. This stat shows how good of a passer a player is.

a +/- ratio, for takeaways (+) and giveaways (-): Another stat that'll show how good a player is doing with regards to getting or keeping possession of the puck for their team. If your team has the puck, you can go on the offensive, and equally important: the other team can't score.

Minutes of puck possession: apart from passers and scorers, players can also be skaters/danglers. These players have the ability to skate the puck up the ice, keeping it on their stick as they deke out or undress an opposing player. This stat recognizes their ability to keep the puck sith them for a while and allow their teammates to get a change, or get into position.

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty
(This post was last modified: 02-10-2020, 05:05 AM by OrbitingDeath.)

With the addition of FHM it's time to give more love to the enforcers, making it an actually fun role to play. Normally all the fantasy scorers are forward that have a combination of high points and hits, leaving this category not selected at all.
It would be great if we can add the following stats to fantasy and making enforcers a high risk - high reward pick if they manage to score points in their respective categories.

Amount of Teeth lost For each teeth they managed to shoot out of their opponents mouth, they get 20 bonus points.
Number of punches landed 0.25 per punch landed could give you a nice amount of scoring each game.
Number of opponents levelled to the ground this one can also be named the fights won stat, but we need to see them on the ice so there is a clear winner. Add 5 points for this with each succesfull attempt.

Words: 165

[Image: m38.gif]
Update Thread - Player Page
Update Scale

Former players:
Ivo Willems (S9 SMJHL) (S10-28 SHL)  
Xander Green  (S33-35 SMJHL) (S36-47 SHL)
Vorian Atreides (S49-51 SMJHL) (S52-61 SHL)

Goalie penalty minutes should definitely be worth some positive points because they are awesome and cool and totally rad. Whenever a goalie gets a penalty 90% of the time it's for some badass shit like slashing or getting into a fight, unlike lame penalties that skaters get like hooking, cross checking and boarding. While we can't actually do anything, theoretically encouraging goalies to do more badass shit is definitely something that should be encouraged. I'm not aware if FHM allows for line brawls and goalie fights, but if it does we should totally make line brawl participation worth something. Unlike real hockey where we have to worry about player safety, in this league there is no such problem since everyone is an immortal god, so we can and should encourage violence because violence is fun. 

Off the ice points should be awarded for the longest word writers use in a media piece correctly, and the amount of times writers successfully and correctly start a sentence with a conjunction. Graphics people receive points for every 1/5.

[Image: Duff101.gif]
Credit to Geck, Ragnar and Juni for sigs

Written Option #1: what stats would you like to see get added to fantasy SHL in the future? (Don't worry about whether or not it's an actual possibility in FHM) - what on-ice statistics do you think should count in fantasy? (150 words min.)

Missed shots could be an interesting option, every missed shot is -0,25 points or something like that. It could help in making the competition interesting when the top players on each season won't almost automatically mean your fantasy team is going to finish high in the standings. Especially if there is some hot builds/tactics early on that mean some players will shovel away an insane amount of shots - gotta highlight the negative side of it as well, which could be missed shots.

Another one that I would like to see is 5v5 goals/assists/points be more valuable than powerplay goals/assists/points, I think that would once again make things more interesting for fantasy, not an FHM expert, but from what I have seen PP goals/points are fairly big chunk of points scored, perhaps just feels like it when playing in NHL, but either way I think 5v5 points should be more valuable, those are a lot harder to produce in the end and should be more valuable. (166)

Off-Ice Stats to be added to SHL Fantasy
1: Amount of times you stop for fan signatures
Everybody loves a player who stops and signs things for the fans. So why not add this to fantasy SHL? It’s an added incentive for both fans and players. Players get to interact more with the fans, and the fans get to spend more time with their hockey heroes. It just all makes sense.
2: Number of Twitter Beefs
Twitter beefs. We love to see them. And it happens All. The. Time. So it makes sense to add this to the fantasy database. Twitter beefs are usually humorous and easy to understand, so if some analytics nerd could just count how many Twitter beefs an SHLer who has the app is embroiled in per season, that would be fantastic for the fantasy world and just add a bit more fun into it.

Now I’m not a fantasy legend but if we add these stats I’m going to end up not finishing last in my group. I just want that extra TPE.

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

I think there are a few stats that could be very interesting to add into a fantasy format. Shooting percentage could be an interesting one, I think. You get a bonus at the end of the season for how high your picked player's shooting percentage was. I think that could spice things up a little bit. Also, Corsi for % would be an interesting fantasy category. This could be done on a game by game basis. So if your player doesn't score a lot in a certain game, but really drives play and generates shots, you get rewarded for them having a good possession game. This might make a few more players viable picks and add some complexity to who you want to pickup other than a player who racks up points and hits. You could even have negative points for having a negative Corsi if you want to make it really interesting. I also think it would be cool to get different amounts of points for primary assists and secondary assists.

Mika Kandinsky Stars 

[Image: mika_kandinsky.gif]

As I am not a fantasy hockey player, fantasy football is the GOAT and everything else kinda sucks in comparison, I'll be going outside of the box for my suggestion to FHMs fantasy league. STHS has minimized playmakers to the point of extinction, and so with FHM, we're going to allow playmakers to fight back and be a little more relevant than the snipers and goal scorers that tend to be the elite fantasy players. The new stat is going to be "Passes Completed", allowing playmakers and defencemen that might not score or shoot that much to be fantasy relevant. As you may be able to complete many passes a game as a playmaker or defencemen, it would have a similar scoring breakdown that shots currently do, which is 0.3 points per shot. This would prevent pass-first players from becoming over-powered, but would help increase their stats to add some diversity to fantasy teams.

[Image: fishyshl.gif]
Thanks to everybody for the sigs :peepoheart:

[Image: czechpp.png][Image: czechup.png]

So obviously if I want certain off-ice stats added, I'm gonna want stats where I'd be the best at them. So, first of all I'd say Music Posts per Week. I used to be a radio DJ for three and a half years, so I have a lot of experience in suggesting/throwing music at people. While I don't do it in the main SHL Discord anymore, I have a good 7 team LRs that I dump all of my music into. Sometimes some teams get special exclusive music I only post in one server. Anyway, the other one that I'd absolutely win is Cute Anime Girls per Month. This is only in specific servers, but if this stat were to be implemented, I'd absolutely do everything to blow everyone out of the water. Those who are in the Chicago Butchers NSFL Discord know how much I post in the anime chat there and some of it has even spilled out into the Kelowna Knights and Vancouver Whalers servers.

[Image: KouSaotomeUndraftedSigSmol.png]
Jamie T Wrote:But I wish I'd been a little more exceptional
And I wish I'd been a little unconventional
But I was not enough, no, I'm not enough
(This post was last modified: 02-10-2020, 03:08 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

[Image: RH4JXZL.png]

[Image: wkKGjkR.png]

[Image: kr3EBSd.png]

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

One stat I'd like to add to fantasy would be penalty minutes. In NHL fantasy it's an often overlooked fantasy category because it's just so random, but it can add sneaky value to an otherwise undervalued player. It would force users to make a decision between the safe scoring player, or take a chance on the guy that will likely score less, but potentially rack up some penalty minutes. On the flip side one category I would remove would be shot blocks. Yes it adds value to the defenseman position, but we are required to grab two defenseman to complete a fantasy team anyways so I don't feel we need to give them extra value over other positions. It's a category that's pretty much only filled up by a single position since forwards may be lucky to rack up double digit blocks over the course of 50 games.

Thanks for the sig ragnar!
[Image: scholz.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride