Create Account

SMJHL S52 PT 3 - Perfect Player

No matter what your mom tells you, you're not perfect--not in life, or on the ice. Need proof?  Just ask your coach. But what if you could build the perfect player? Sort of like Frankenstein's monster, only with hockey...

Task
Combine the assets of different players around the SMJHL to create the ultimate hockey player. Who would you choose for each attribute and why?

You must include at least three of the following to get credit:
Hands: passing/puck handling
Heart: team spirit/enthusiasm/leadership
Grit: hits/shots blocked
Shot: goals/shot%
Endurance: minutes played

You may submit this in written or graphic form. Written must be at least 150 words, graphic must include a render.

Reward
4 TPE for doing the thing. (Just one of the options, not both.)

Only S52 SMJHL Rookies (S53 SHL Rookies) are eligible for this PT.

Do NOT claim TPE for this task until a post has been made in the claim thread.

Link PBE or NSFL submissions here to get credit for Welfare claims.

Deadline

Sunday 2/16 @ 10pm EST

[Image: 45029_v.gif]

Sigs by: King, Tweedledunn, Me
Player Page|Twitter|Update Page
(This post was last modified: 02-10-2020, 10:46 AM by Jobin.)

So for goalies, what would you like to replace shot? I'm gonna go with save%/GAA

[Image: awesomecakes.gif]
[Image: beautifulphoenix.gif]

Making the ultimate player in the SMJHL, you have to start from the very top. Give me that Michael Fitted hair (@Fitted2106):
[Image: Fitted.png]

I want the brains of Tom Fiddler. Man's got 34 points on the season so far, 23 being assists. That guy knows where to put the puck to score points (@PremierBromanov).

Steely blue eyes and the shot of Stirling MacTavish, dude's on the third line, but he's a cold blooded sniper. 7 goals on a league second best 21.8%, while also dropping 16 dimes? That dude could pick a fly out of the air with a puck, and then land it on someone's tape. (@Legend)

Give me the upper body of Zbigniew Pokrywka. Dude's got grind and grit for days. He's 3rd in the league in shots blocked, 9th in the league in hits, been in 2 fights, despite only having 50 strength (@thebigschnoz).

I want those Fitted hands too. 6th in the league in assists with 80 passing and 80 handles? Dude can't be stopped by mortal defenders.

Lower body? Who else but myself. No one has more than 80 skating in the SMJHL, but my 78 is only 2 off, and the best among rookies. You need those fresh legs to thrive with all this skill already listed, and who do you think is freeing up the space for that deadly third line duo of Stirling MacTavish and Velveteen Dream?

Huh, turns out that the ultimate SMJHL player is just a compilation of the best SMJHL team? 

Who would have thought?

Kraken Kraken Kraken

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

coach says am perfect

[Image: cleanandrei.png]

For me the ultimate player is a physical beast who also just happens to be good at hockey. Just gonna build a NHL20 Career Mode beast as if somehow I imported a basketball, football and soccer player into one.

First and above all is the skating ability of Flash Gordon. Tied for best skating at 80 but has the greatest endurance to make use of it at 74 and it's showing with him being the assist leader despite only 60 passing and 40 scoring. Hands are great but better feet make for better opportunities for those hands. Being able to play the 2nd highest minutes in the league at 23.74mins a game also gets lots more of those chances.

Combine that with the physical presence of Luc-Pierre Lespineau-Lebrunette coming in with the league leading 123 hits. He's basically twice as strong as most players in the league with his 80 strength and he knows how to use it having 90 checking. You'd think that the 93 PIMs would be a negative? No way, that's just more breakaway opportunities, not that he needs it as my perfect player out skates and out muscles anybody who tries to touch him.

Then with a little rookie love, Edward Williams would be my pick for taking his sniper like ability to bury the puck with limited chances. He's not chasing the league lead in goals with 10 but that 22.76% shooting percentage means that he has the skill of picking and making his chances when they come up.

So in the end it's a physical specimen that defies natural human development and is able to dominate up and down the ice. From finding teammates to finding the corner of the net, this perfect player makes it look easy because it would be easy.

[Image: 1rdovVs.gif]

[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]
(This post was last modified: 02-10-2020, 12:52 PM by Clean Andrei Kostitsyn.)

Here is Andrei picks for best player build

Hands: passing/puck handling
Akira Ren. Defensemen has 22 pass in 30 games. If i have any interest in be pass player, i want Ren hands.
Akira have 74 PH and 81 PA. Good hands. He can slip hand in your underwear with no notice. Also he have -10

Heart: team spirit/enthusiasm/leadership
My first choice is me. but because i have good spirit, i choose Steve Harrington. He only have 9 points, but he still show up at game. wow. great heart.
Steve very good enthouziasm. He make images. He smile. He say hi sometime. Also he is third captain. it mean something

Grit: hits/shots blocked
Again, i am top choice with 88 hits. but NFL captain Rintarou Okabe have 27 block shot. i have 7. why block shot? we have goalie. is stupid.
Jakob Hamr understand. he have 2 block shot. he also have 63 PIM. real grit
Okabe also have most hit take : 55. wow. how he no injure? he is machine.

Shot: goals/shot%
Jakob Hamr HAHAHAHAHAHA
Hamr have best shot% : 16.67%
Hamr have 6 shot in 30 games wow
50 in SCORING and he have best shot% in team
Hamr is wise man
Slatt Potts  have best shot with 85 in SCORING but last game he have 9 shot and 0 goal hahaha

Endurance: minutes played
Disisde Dayudie have most minute average but Akira Ren is close second with better EN rating
65 EN and 22.77 AMPG impressive Ren
if coach put me line 1 i have more minute. 30 minute maybe? but coach want give other players chance
is okay. i hit.

Summary
Endurance + Hands : Ren
Heart : Steve
Grit : Okabe
Shot : Jakob
Body : Andrei

[Image: cleanandrei.png]
(This post was last modified: 02-10-2020, 04:34 PM by Aephino.)

The ultimate hockey player is the combination of the SMJHL's best hands, heart, grit, shot and endurance. Turns out all of the best players in the league are on Detroit. 

Hands: Cal Labovitch (DET) - Cal has probably the best hands in the league. He has passing and puckhandling stats of 83 and 75, respectively, and that comes across in his performances this season. He has the fourth most assists in the league with 23 assists in just 31 games. He has an eye for goal, too, but his vision and ability to pick out a teammate is second to none.

Heart: Frederick Wanesly (DET) - Freddie is such a team player it's almost scary. He's the first one at training the morning, and the last one to leave. Even when he's down in the fourth line, he's cheering on the other guys like they're his family. As a fellow rookie, he makes me more inspired to have the same level of enthusiasm. Plus, he's always giving out the SKREEEE!

Grit: Toki Wartooth (DET) - Toki's been getting a good amount of ice team as a rookie, which has boosted his confidence. As the season goes on, he seems to get more and more aggressive! With a defense stat of 77 and a checking stat of a whopping 61, he's been doling out hits and blocking shots left and right. He's one of the league leaders in shots blocked as a rookie!

Shot: Kaarlo Kekkonen (DET) - Karl has been killing it this season. Which only gets more impressive when you find out that his stats were wrong and he's been playing for quite some time with non-updated stats! With 18 goals this season, he's on track to reach 30 goals, a ridiculous number. He leads the league in shots, so he may not be the most efficient, but he is still one of the best shooters in the league with a scoring stat of 81. 

Endurance: Luciano Vessot (KEL) - Vessot will be my only non-Detroit inclusion, purely because of his ridiculous minutes played this season. With an endurance stat of 68, he isn't even the highest on his team, but he makes up for it on the ice. With 741 minutes played, he has been on the ice for 40% of the entire Kelowna season. This comes out to 24 minutes a game! That is extremely impressive by Vessot.

With all of these attributes combined, maybe that ultimate player could almost be as good as Edward Williams. But not quite.

[Image: UCTqPUg.png]

My choice for the perfect player is a combination of players. First off, with shooting, I would want to be like Detroit’s Kaarlo Kekkonen. He is second in the league with 18 goals, including 3 game winners. Besides that, the man takes a ridiculous amount of shots, leading the league by a wide margin. Shooters shoot, and he scores at a really good rate. For hands/passing, I would choose another Falcon, Cal Labovitch. The playmaking forward is 4th in the league in assists, and is carving it up as a 350 TPE capped player. For heart and leadership, I would choose Detroit rookie Magnus Liljestrom. He has the makings of a future captain in the SMJHL or the SHL. I think most people in Detroit would follow him into battle any day. He is active on the site and in the locker room, and is leading by example on the ice after being the second overall puck in the draft. (160 words)

Thanks Wasty, Carpy, JSS, TurdFerguson, Geekusoid and Awesomecakes for the sigs!
[Image: reidsuth.gif]
(This post was last modified: 02-10-2020, 03:08 PM by juke.)

To start building the perfect SMJHL player, I'm going to look specifically at the best shooters, passers/hands, and the grittiest player to make my Frankenstein's monster of SMJHL talent.

Shooter
It might be the easy choice considering he's leading the league in goals, but I'm taking Indigo Trevino's shot for my perfect player. Not only is he still clinging on to the league lead in goals, he also finds himself in 7th for shooting percentage. At a staggering 110 'shots for' on the season, he has over twice as many shots as everyone above him in the shooting percentage list. He's a high volume shooter, but his shooting percentage doesn't take a hit, and he's been rewarded with a league-high 19 goals in 31 games played.

Passer/Hands
The player with the best hands that I'm taking again seems like a cop-out on the surface, because he leads the league in assists: Flash Gordon. Despite only having a passer rating of 60, he still manages to lead the league. This shows that his passing ability is more than just raw talent, but also a product of reading defenses, and safe, smart puck moving. Aside from his great assist totals, the second half of 'best hands' relates to puck handling and deking. At a rating of 80 puck handling, he's tied for the 3rd highest handling in the league, just 2 'units' away from the best hands in he league.

Grit
For grit and toughness, I'm taking none other than Clean Andrei. 3rd in the league in hits, but it's about more than just that. He also has far less penalty minutes than the two players above him in the category. He plays the body, gets under the skin of the other teams, and yet he doesn't hurt his team's chances by crossing the line and taking penalties. And as someone who plays and practices with him every day, I know first hand that his grit and toughness are unmatched in the league.

[Image: smalinowski7.gif]
Sigs: Thanks JNH, Lime, Carpy, and ckroyal92 

Edward Williams is the leagues leader in Shot percentage and currently has 10 goals on the season. While it doesn’t seem like much, this actually shows that Williams is an intelligent player who only takes the shot when he gets the best opportunity to do it. Scoring on nearly every 4th shot you take is ridiculously high but shows how smart Williams is.

Luciano Vessot is one of the league’s best defenders. 27 points in 31 games is incredible stuff but what makes Vessot such an admirable player is his work ethic. He leads the league in minutes played with 741 minutes total. The fact that he plays 23 minutes a night and plays at that high a level is a true Ironman defender and someone a rookie should look up to.

Flash Gordon is one of the best team players around. His 27 assists leads the league. This has led to him being tied for 7th in total points but that clearly isn’t Gordon’s goal. His play suggests that he is does not want personal glory but rather wants to elevate his entire team to a higher level of competition. An admirable trait for anyone to admire.
(This post was last modified: 02-10-2020, 04:27 PM by roastpuff.)

In order to make the ultimate defenceman, I want to have the body parts from the following players:

Hands: Abel Skinner (HFX) - Abel has 27 assists in 31 games, which is the most for a defenceman. Being able to find open seams and getting the puck to the net on rebounds is critical for defencemen, who have to shoot from further out. Having super soft hands making nice passes also adds to the wow factor when you make the blind spinning backhand no look pass.

Heart: Frederick Wanesly (DET) - I agree with @Aephino above - Freddie has the heart of a lion (Gryffindor?). First one on the ice, last one to leave, and takes everything in stride. Even when his playing time got reduced, he still cheered on his teammates and didn't complain. Just don't show him blood because I don't think he likes it.

Grit: Sven Yxskaft - the man is insane, blocking 48 shots over 31 games. To have the willpower to sacrifice your body so many times, putting it in front of so many shots, is the definition of grit and determination. Some of the guys in the league have some serious power behind their shots, and can really get that puck moving. I would also like to have some of my own grit - I currently lead the league for hits from defencemen, so I'd like to keep laying the body and make other players think twice before picking up the puck!

Shot: Abel Skinner (HFX) - Abel Skinner has amazing scoring instincts for a defenceman, and he gets himself into high danger areas and makes life difficult for goalies trying to make saves with some tricky shots. Being able to contribute from the blue line will be critical for a team trying to make it far in the playoffs, because when the forwards get shut down the defence has to chip in as well.

[Image: hgcI1ti.png]

The ideal SMJHL forward looks like this:

Hands: Gotta go with Zlatan Ibrahimovic Jr. out of Vancouver for this one. He obviously already has quite the pedigree, is tied for the Whalers team lead in points, and currently has the sixth most assists in the entire league. Cant go wrong with some Scandinavian hands.

Heart: Gonna go with the big man on our blueline in Colorado, the rookie Bradley Barkov. Dude shows up to do his work, doesn't complain, blocks shots, throws the body around. He might be getting burnt a little in his rookie season, but you wouldn't know it if you saw him at practice or in a game.

Grit: (Clean) Andrei Kostitsyn obviously. The amount of grit he has shown to get (clean) and to go through this entire season without knowing where his missing brother Sergei is, is astounding. Andrei loves to hit people and that's really all he loves doing other than talking about himself. That's pretty gritty.

Shot: Hariken Urawa shot's please. He is our go-to guy in Colorado for a reason. Dude has feasted off of HLO and FNLN's playmaking ability this season. Great all around player and a good example in the room for the younger players.

Endurance: Denver Wolfe/Daniel Kuster. The best defensive pairing in the SMJHL for my money. Two elite studs that play a lot of minutes at all strengths.

Raptors S52 SMJHL Entry Draft First Overall Selection Raptors 
norway Chris Cerullo - Center norway 
(This post was last modified: 02-10-2020, 07:17 PM by leviadan.)

Everyone knows Burlok is big and strong, but beneath the surface Burlok is just a boy that's still learning how to navigate a new league, a new city, and the back-end of puberty. There's a few players that, despite a deep and historic rivalry, inspire him to try harder each and every day. 

Shot: Sasha Dangelchek

This guy just gets pucks on net. That's pure, dogged determination. That's a a will to score, that's a will to compete. He's put up 104 shots this year but only bagged 7 for 6.7% shooting. Is it efficient? Hell no. Does it discourage him? Hell no. Burlok wants to be the type of player that is in the mix every single game. If a shot doesn't go in, you shoot again. 100 shots and you only shoot 6.7%? Maybe in the next 100 you'll shoot 15%. You don't know unless you take them. 

Grit: Erben Kasius

Penalty kill minutes are the toughest on your body, and some of the most valuable to your team. Kasius has logged 111 minutes on the PK in only 31 games this year. That's close to a fifth of his time on ice. Burlok is willing to put his body on the line every night to give his team a better chance to win, and Kasius is a great example of that. A great penalty kill can help sustain a lead and give your team life. Effective physical play and positioning is huge for success, and these are key components to the game Burlok is working to develop further.

Heart: Partario Scarangella

Scarangella plays the lowest amount of minutes per game in the entire league at only 0.99. He averages less than one minute per game, but he still shows up every single night. Can you imagine? All the work that goes into being a pro hockey player: the meal planning, the practices, the travel, the sacrifices-- all to step on the ice for less than one minute a game. I dare you to find a better example of someone willing to go the distance for almost no reward. A team player through and through, Burlok wants to be able to take on this drive and selflessness. Who cares if you don't get in the game much? Who cares if you don't have any points? You show up for your team when they need you, and you work as hard as you possibly can with every second you're given.

In Burlok's eyes, the perfect player embodies the determination, the hard work, and the selflessness described above. Those virtues from those players combined with a natural skill and scoring touch would create the perfect, relentless monster of a player.

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=65fe67b4&is=65ebf2b4&hm=a6...46085eb3f&]

Hands: Kaarlo Kekkonen (DET)
Heart: Zlatan Ibrahimovic Jr. (VAN)
Grit: Zlatan Ibrahimovic Jr. (VAN)
Shot: Indigo Trevino (HFX)
Endurance: Luciano Vessot (KEL)

With hands I have to go with my veteran teammate Kaarlo Kekkonen, 42 points in 31 games is absurd and he has the hands to put those kind of points on the board, on a relatively new Detroit team, he is a contender for MVP of the league. Zlatan Ibrahimovic Jr is my choice for Heart and Grit, because not only is he productive offensively (28 P in 31 GP) but also is an energizer for his team: mentally and physically. He blocks shots, hits, scores and even stands up for his team mates. He is difficult to play against but everyone would want him on their team. For shot Ill go with Indigo Trevino on Halifax, he is a star. 19 goals, leading the league, but doing it with a 17% shooting percentage. His shot is off his stick before defenders even know what's happening. Finally for endurance Ill go with Luciano Vessot from Kelowna. He absolutely EATS minutes and is productive at the same time, it feels like he literally plays the entire game sometimes.

[Image: giphy.mp4]

The perfect player for me is a smooth goal scorer with some public bus piss floor dirty dangles that also isn’t afraid to get into the corners and bang bodies. That players is a combination of the following current SMJHL players:

Shot: Cal Labovitch.  Cal doesn’t have the most goals in the league right now (or even on his team), but he does have an incredible shooting percentage (14.77%) with enough shots to make it statistically significant (88).  Yes some players have higher shooting percentages, but not with as many shots or as many goals (13).

Hands: Kaarlo Kekkonen.  Kaarlo is a beast of a player that can snipe, dish out some tasty apples, and leave defenders looking silly with his stick handling. It doesn’t hurt that he is leading the juniors in points and has a legit shot at setting some records.  You can slot Kaarlo in for perfect player shot too.

Grit: Simothy Drunkebird.  Simothy is a hard-nosed Raptor teammate that centers two talented rookies in Sven Svenson and Chris Cerullo.  He protects his Raptor hatchlings by laying big hits on anyone that dare threaten them.  Simothy is a sound defensive player with an intimidating presence every time he’s on the ice.

[Image: BirdmanSHL.gif]

Jean-François Bokassa
Armada

Proud Father of Johnny Wagner-Svenson

[Image: unknown.png]
Sven Svenson Career Stats

Sweden Raptors pride