Create Account

SMJHL S52 PT 3 - Perfect Player

I'll try to keep it to 1 per team to make things interesting.

Hands - Flash Gordon  Scarecrows

Flash leads the league in assists, despite a passer rating of 60. How is this dude even operating? Obviously flash has sold his soul to the devil.

Heart- Al Kayhall  raiders

It's Al Kayhall.

Grit - Andrei Kostitsyn Berserkers

Andrei is third in hits this season as a rookie. Lespineau-Lebrunette is in first, but with an absurd checking level of 90. Andrei only at 70. That means Andrei can nearly keep pace without even trying. Can you imagine Andrei with 90 checking? Would they have to end the season early due to injury?

Shot - Kaarlo Kekkonen  Falcons

With 153 shots this dude is just chucking em at the net. He's second in goals so it obviously works. My ideal character would just spam pucks at the net until the opposing goalie dies.

Endurance - Luciano Vessot  Knights

Most minutes played at 741. He's taken 41 hits in that time as well. Dude is a machine.

[Image: arTbD7O.png]

Germany Berserkers Stampede Stars Barracuda syndicate
(This post was last modified: 02-11-2020, 12:03 AM by Zomp.)

When looking to build the perfect SMJHL player, there's no easier way to do it than combining numerous players from the Anaheim Outlaws team. The skill set that the team possesses is undoubtedly unmatched.

Hands - Ivan Maximus Outlaws : Ivan Maximus is currently leading the team with 22 assists over 31 games. If you're in a bit of a slump and are looking to get over your scoring drought, all you need to do is beg your GM to toss you on a line with that man.

Heart - Shane Rinne Outlaws : Although Shane Rinne may appear to be a ghost while on the ice, registering only a single shot over 31 games this season. The team receives a chemistry boost knowing that somewhere Shane Rinne is there in spirit trying to guide us to glory.

Grit - Yompy Stearf - Outlaws : Yompy Stearf is already up to 34 shots blocked this season, hopefully this man has invested in some really sturdy pads. Chances are if a player fires a shot against the Outlaws, it's either hitting Yompy. Our goalies thank you.

Shot - Kevin Robinson Outlaws : Kevin Robinson is currently sitting at 100 shots, this is a man who's most likely been crossed by a goalie or two in a past life and is now out for his revenge by constantly lighting them up with his 12% shooting percentage.

Endurance - Alex Petrenko Outlaws : If you've ever stepped foot on the ice wearing an Outlaw's jersey, chances are you spent that entire shift with Alex Petrenko. Averaging 22.8 minutes per game, this is a player who's never had to suffer alongside smelly teammates waiting on the bench, desperately pleading for ice team. 

Here is my picks for best player ''Frankenstein'' build.

Hands: I choose Flash Gordon. (STL)
He is leader in SMJHL at assists and I think he's puck handling and passing skills is something special. Other teams need to be careful when he is on the ice.

Grit: I choose Danila Zhernov (KEL)
He's one of the best defense player in SMJHL , he is leader at HITS in league and also have 19 points in 31 game and that's fantastic how he can play good in both positions. He is very strong man and it's difficult to play against him.

Shot: I choose Edward Williams (DET)
I think he's very talanted player. He's shooting percentage shows his power. 22,73% from his shoots reaching target and that's fantastic. Yes, he have only 10 goals this season but he's rookie and a bright future awaits him. I need to learn a lot from him if I want to be good sniper forward.

159 words

My ideal perfect player would have the passing accuracy of Flash Gordon from the St Louis Scarecrows who's registered 28 assists in 33 games. Gordon just has a phenominal pinpoint passing accuacy and I absolutely need his hands for my perfect player. He would have the heart of Kaarlo Kekkonen who just gives it is all day in and day out for Detroit. He would have the Grit of Luc-Pierre Lespineau-Lebrunette who leads the league in hits with 130, there is just no one who comes close to the amount of hits this guy dishes out with second place at 108. My ideal perfect player would have the shot of Indigo Trevino of the Raiders with a lead leading 20 goals and a top ten goal % of 17.24% this guys can score from all parts of the ice. He would have the endurance of Luciano Vessot of the Knights with 787 minutes in 33 games or an average of 23:50 per game which is just an incredible amount of minutes played.

[Image: blurrybad.jpg] [Image: zomboy3.png]
Thank you Brandon, Fish, GeckoeyGecko, Karey, Kit, takethehorizon, and Ragnar for the sigs!
[Image: Pw202QP.jpeg]

Player Page || Update page

Hands: Flash Gordon (STL) - with 28 assists in 33 games played as of Tuesday this guy is able to find those open seams and set teammates up. He clearly has a pass first mentality due to low shot count of only 38 on the season. He would give the perfect player the capability of puck possession with elite passing skills.

Heart: Al Kayhall (HFX) - This guy knows how to battle on both sides of the puck, he's not only eating minutes on the penalty kill but he is currently also leading Halifax in PP time. This shows his teammates he's willing to sacrific his body to block shots on the penalty kill but also put goals up on the power play. Giving the perfect player the mentality that defense is just as important as offense.

Grit: Zbigniew Pokrywka (CAR) - this guy has to be the heart and soul of CAR after blocking 47 shots so far this season, not only is he eating pucks for breakfast he is also a big contributor on both the penalty kill and the scoreboard while putting up 25 points. This would give the perfect player that gritty appearance and heart of a champion.

Shot: Indigo Trevino (HFX) - Has to be this guy, currently tied for the lead in the goals scored but is seeing a better shooting percentage. With this guys scoring ability the perfect player would be an absolute weapon in open space and on the power play. He's currently a teammate of mine so hopefully Sertich is able to learn a thing or two from this guy and continue developing.

Endurance: Flash Gordon (STL) - Not only would the ideal perfect player have Gordons hands but he would ideally have the endurance as well, averaging 24 minutes a game is no easy task for a defender but Flash makes it seem like no big deal. Being +15 while logging that much ice time shows that he has the capability to use his energy at the appropriate times in the game. 

Hands down (no pun intended), I would want the hands of Ryan Shepard. This superstar is always able to find an open man for the Knights, and as an aspiring playmaker myself, I look to model my game after the type of game that Ryan plays. He also just has a way with the puck that is unmatched. The fluidity of his puck handling is very noticeable and he stands out among the best players on the team.

I would want the shot of Gylfi Eriksson. I remember playing against him in the World Junior Championship, and was just amazed at how well he was able to pick his spot and rifle it to the back of the net. He also has a solid shot percentage this SMJHL season, as he scores on nearly 14% of his shots on goal.

Lastly, I would love to have the endurance of Luciano Vessot. Being a teammate of his, I can attest to the fact that he never stops going and is a force in the stamina department. He's averaging more than 23 minutes per game and having a great season!

Player Page || Update Thread
[Image: ffBCCRQ.png]

PBE affiliate Post

[Image: 15Ng51w.png][Image: draNOgf.png]

Passing/Puckhandling - Flash Gordon, D, St. Louis - Leading the league in assists as a defenseman is no easy task but Flash makes it look easy. Always in the right place at the right time and makes pinpoint passes to feed his teammates. 

Grit - William Hartmann, F, Vancouver - Second in the league in hits (as a rook no less) behind St. Louis Enforcer Luc-Pierre Lespineau-Lebrunette, but unlike LPLL plays a cleaner game.  Hartmann has only 37 PIM in 33 games with one fight, while LPLL has 103 PIM in 33 games and also one fight. 

Endurance - Luciano Vessot, D, Kelowna - Leading the league with 787 minutes played (Flash Gordon close second with 784), also leads the Knights with 23+ minutes per game. 

Shot/Scoring - Indigo Trevino, F, Halifax - Indigo leads the league in goal-scoring, as well as leading Halifax in total points. He also finds himself in the top ten in Shots, Shot%, Game winning goals, game tying goals and leads all RW in points.

Heart - Jimmy Wagner, F, Carolina - Wagner may be just a rookie, but he's jumped into "The Carolina Way" with both feet. Constantly pumping up his teammates and fans he's already playing a vital role for the Kraken both on and off the ice.

[Image: hudson.png]

Hands - Abel Skinner  raiders
Abel is a fantastic player, playing on his line has been so informative and seeing the way he passes and puck-handles is influencing the way I am training myself to be a better player. He is an inspiration for what I can achieve if I put my mind in the right place.

Shot - Indigo Trevino  raiders
Another rockstar from the Raiders, we are an amazing crew and I hope to bring more glory to the team in the later half of the season. Indigo has carried us through some tough games and the fact that he leads the league in goals says how much effort he puts in.

Grit - Andrei Kostitsyn  Berserkers
I am happy to see the success my good friend Andrei is having on the pansy team of Newfoundland. They are cowards, but Andrei is not. He defends his team with great vigor! Reminds me of old days. Speaking of Newfoundland....

Heart - Steve Harrington  Berserkers
I would love to feast on your heart from a silver platter after I rip it out of you. When we have matches all I can do is track you like a hunter but you run away and hide behind Andrei, one of these times Andrei won't be there, but I will. 

Real Heart and Honor - 'C' Al Kayhall  raiders
Al has been a fantastic mentor for me on the Raiders. As captain he encourages the team and keeps us focused on upcoming games even when things are looking bad. He has great spirit and is one of the reasons we are still in it this season! LETS GOOD! 

Endurance - Ivan Maximus  Outlaws
I played with Ivan in the WJC tournament and I can tell you that man is not human, I've seen him take punishment that would put old Soviet '89 Lada that Babushka had out of commission. He is probably part Ox or something because no man should get up after taking some of the hits he does.

[Image: 81ImQYu.png][Image: suavemente.gif][Image: QD85cmZ.png]
     Platoon    Timber

If I were to make a perfect player amongst us all it would be:

Shot - Indigo Trevino

Tied for most goals in the league I would go with this guy when it comes to the ability to shoot. Can't go wrong when they're on top right? 

Hands - Flash Gordon

Again the same concept applies here with Flash. He's on top on the assist charts and you really can't go wrong again with the person who's sitting at numbero uno! If he can get assists then he's a great passer too!

Endurance - Luciano Vessot

Luciano is a workhorse for his team. Night in and night out he tops the charts for Minutes Played and with that notion he's got the most endurance to make my Frankenplayer the best forward possible!

Chris de Siren - S52 Anchorage Armada | S53 Calgary Dragons 19th Ovr Draft Pick 

[Image: qc4SnW8.jpg]

My perfect player would have the hands, shot, and grit of Jesus Christ himself. Let's talk about my hands. One, they turn water into wine. Two they can probably heal you or some shit. My shot. I'll just use the telekinetic abilities I inherit from Jesus to guide the puck into the net. I have a very firm understanding of the bible, obviously. And grit. I mean, come on. Who was grittier than Jesus. Dude started out as a carpenter than spent like a week literally nailed to a cross. Again, very firm grasp of the good book here. So anyway, I'd be incredible. Unfortunately I'm being told that Jesus is not a player currently in the SMJHL so little bit of a whoops on my part there. Fine. For the hands I'd go with Flash Gordon because he's got a load of assists or whatever. For the shot I'd go with James Ronlan because he has 2nd most goals which is better than 1st because he does it as a Scarecrow. And for grit I would go with Ivan Maximus because he has taken 77 hits in just 35 games but is actually still capable of even playing hockey which is a remarkable achievement.

[Image: xOtrQ61.gif]
(This post was last modified: 02-14-2020, 02:49 PM by Jerppu.)

We have a bunch of great goalies in SMJHL who I look up to. I chose five goalies with five abilities that are top notch in the league:

Style Control (hands): The goalie who stays calm in the crease, Elizabeth Doyle from St. Louis. Her stance stays always intact and her technique so good that she almost never have to rely on desperation save attempts. You have to have thousands of practice hours to reach this level of control so you always have the best possible chance to make the save.

Size (grit): Positioning is one of the most critical ability to make you seem more bigger than you really are. Carolina goalie Mike Hroch doesn't leave much room for the shooters when they are looking for the opening. When a goalie has as good positioning as Hroch, saves are starting to look easy.

Reaction Time (shot): Cat like reflexes. Catch one timers, deflections and howitzers with ease. Kelowna goalie Luca Del Vecchio seems like he sees everything in slow motion. I mean, is it fair that Kelowna has basically a Spiderman in the net?

Heart: Halifax Raiders are having a rough season so far. It can be hard for starting goalie when things aren't going well for the team. Olli Saarinen Jr. is still fighting and giving it all every game.

Endurance: White Goodman oh my what a workhorse this guy is. He is second overall in minutes played and first overall in save percentage. He plays every night at the top level and doesn't seem like he is slowing down anytime soon.

[Image: HuuveriCUDA.png]
 Raptors Raptors Sweden Thanks to @JSS for the sig! Sweden Barracuda Barracuda 

Grit: Zbigniew Pokrywka (CAR)
Pokrywka has displayed an amazing amount of grit and toughness for the Kraken this season. As the league leader in shots blocked with 54 and a respectable 59 hits, he shows that he is always willing to sacrifice his body to help shore up the defensive end for the Kraken. With his help on the blueline, Carolina has led the league with the highest goal differential at +15 and is currently at the top of the standings. If they can continue to get the same production from him, it will go a long way as they hope to capture another Four Star Cup.

Shot: Indigo Trevino (HFX)
As the league leader in goals with a rating of 80, Trevino has shown to be an efficient goal scorer in the SMJHL. With 22 goals in 35 games Trevino has shown he is able to put the puck in the net consistently on the league's worst team in Halifax. Sporting a 17.6% shooting percentage some may wonder whether it is good luck or good execution with his chances. Either way Trevino has a good chance of ending up the league's best scorer for the season with 15 games remaining.

Endurance: Luciano Vessot (KEL)
Luciano Vessot leads the league in minutes played as a defenseman with a stat line of 9 goals, 20 assists, +10 and 6 PIMS. Vessot has displayed an ability to play heavy minutes for the Knights as their number one defenseman despite having an endurance rating of 68. He plays on the first pairing, first PP, first PK and is currently 8th in scoring for his position. To be able to have this type of impact on both ends of the ice while playing so many minutes is something that all players should strive for in their development.

Hands - Ivan Maximus (ANA) - His vision on the ice is impeccable. He always knows exactly where his teammates are, and when to get them the puck in the right place to score. His team-leading 24 assists are just evidence that show how good this guy's hands and vision are.

Endurance - Alex Petrenko (ANA) - He's not leading the league in minutes, but he could if he had to. He never looks tired out on the ice, and he is putting up pretty good numbers as well, with 12 goals and 19 assists over the first 35 games of the season.

Grit - Nicholas Owens (ANA) - This guy is incredible in his own end. If the opponent is taking a shot, you can bet that he will be in the right spot to block it. He has 30 blocked shots on the season, and 30 bruises to show for it. He also leads the team with 65 hits on the season, which shows he is not afraid to rough it up a bit.

[Image: TF7ZTeC.png]
Ziggy Tambo - LW - Anaheim Outlaws

[Image: Yztckjo.png] [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

Hands: Flash Gordon is hands down the best assist man out there. He almost has an assist a game (32 in 35 games so far). For a D man, this is extraordinary. 8 of those assists are on the powerplay. He really knows how make those tape to tape passes as the puck ends up in the back of the net quite often.

Shot: I have to go with Kaarlo Kekkonen here. He is leading the points Category by a total of 6. Even though the shot percentage is only at 12.2%, you really can’t argue with the point production that is being put up here.

Endurance: Daneil Bischoff plays an average of 22.75 minutes per game. This dude is beast. There are some D men that play more, but being a forward is definitely more intensive. He’s sitting at 39 points which is third in the league. To be able to put up points like that and not get gassed is an impressive feat I would love to attain.

[Image: topalo2.png] [Image: sig-nash.png]
[Image: Rangerjasegmailcom.gif]