Create Account

S52 PT #4 - The Anthology Vol. III (oh no my numbers are off now)

Goku Muerto declared for the SMJHL Draft for Season 42, to be an S43 SHL Prospect. This became one of the larger draft classes in league history so even with the Muerto family name behind him, Goku was a talented prospect in a pool full of talented prospects, many with similar name recognition and even more first-generation players looking to forge their own storied career. Goku went into the Draft with an open mind, more than willing to play for any team which might be interested. He was pleased to hear his name called in the first round, as he went 5th Overall to the St. Louis Scarecrows. This was a very good draft for the Crows as they also snagged such players as Lil Manious, Nicholas Williams, Nicky Pedersen jr, Steven Moyer, and Aleister Cain. This promising crop of rookies came in with a bang. Goku was slated to be a top 6 center as the team depth at that position was lacking. He struggled at times against tougher opposition but still showed that he had a mind for the game and the talent to compete. After the SHL Draft, where he went again 5th Overall, to the San Francisco Pride, Goku returned to the Crows for a second season, this time as the de facto number 1 center. He performed much better and the Crows made the finals but could not win. Goku only spent 2 seasons with the Crows, and after he was called up they proceeded to win 3 championships in a row, so he was onbiously holding them back!

[Image: grogu111-A11.jpg]
norway                             IIHF Team Norway                          norway

[Image: NPdtflr.png]

[Image: fever95.gif]
[Image: LpkqUbe.gif]

PREVIOUS PLAYER STATISTICS

[Image: gHVK8Sr.png]

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

[Image: xQ3a6Vu.png]
I feel like I could've done a little better on the numbers and shoulder patches. First try doing a jersey conversion through masking as opposed to brush tool painting over it.

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

I remember drat day like it was yesterday. I was excited to see who I would play for and meet my new teammates. Being from Detroit, I have watched the Falcons play before as they are my hometown team, I wanted to go there. To stay home in my state and play my junior seasons in a familiar place with family close by. A lot of teams reached out to me and wanted to get to know me, one GM really stood out from the rest though. To my surprise, Detroit did not even scout me. That hurt a little. Sure, it was a huge draft class, but do you not have scouts to help you in times like that? With the draft minutes away and no scouts from the Falcons approaching me, I turned my sights on the team who did reach out and left a mark on me forever. As I said before, one GM really stood out to me among all of the scouting messages I did receive. The one team I really wanted to play for now, was St Louis. Joe is great. Anyone who has ever received a long, personalized message will tell you how great he is. St Louis was where I really wanted to play. I was drafted in the fifth round of the S42 SMJHL entry draft, pick number 41 by the St Louis Scarecrows. YES. It happened. I got drafted by the team I wanted to play for. Fast forward past my okay rookie season,22 points for a rookie is not bad at all, and into my sophomore season. I worked my ass off and the GM's noticed. When Daniel Karlsson was called up to Texas, a Captain had to be named. I was named Captain of the S43 Scarecrows. After a heartbreaking loss to Vancouver in the finals, I knew I had one more chance to win a cup in S43. I am proud to have Captained the Scarecrows in S43-S44, those were some of my favorite moments in this league. Winning the Four Star Cup in S44 was awesome. It is one of the hardest cups to win because you only get so many seasons to do so. I really have to thank that powerhouse of a team. My time in the SMJHL was capped off nicely with the cup win and the friends I made in that locker room have stuck with me for a long time now.

[400ish]

[Image: Niktox.gif]
Monarchs Berserkers Scarecrows [Image: italian-flag.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=tO...eKFgvtgqU=]

Specters Armada Scarecrows Czechia
Panthers Specters Jets Scarecrows Usa [Image: 4star.png] [Image: challengecup.png] [Image: challengecup.png]
RIP Dangel #AD26

I really enjoyed my time down in the J, back when the Colorado mammoths still roamed the ice. We had a strong core during my time there, with players like Blaine McElroy and Florence clijsters who would ultimately go on to be mediocre at the SHL level but seemed like surefire superstars at the time. Our locker room was full of life at all hours of the day, as we spurred each other on towards more and more success and joked around as well. The mammoths were always encouraging of my heavy hitting ways as well which was always appreciated. It did eventually get frustrating to be spending tons of time and money on training while not seeing any real improvements, so it was a nice change to finally get called up to the Wolfpack and join some all time greats like Oisin Fletcher and Dieter Dominique. Still, I have very fond memories of the smjhl, and wouldn't be the player I am today without my time there.

[Image: gotze_team_siggy.png]
[Image: lKRNHAn.png]

The leap from college to the SMJHL was a lot more difficult than I originally expected. In college I was always one of the better players on the ice. The captain of the hockey team that won the Minnesota Chest Championship. Here though in my first year I was barely out on the ice, hell I wasn't good enough to be out on the ice, the coach must have been drunk. Maybe that is why they fired him. That was a rough season going from a championship and captain to essentially a water-boy... well I wasn't drinking water, but you get it. Last season though I’ve been able to flash some of why the Raiders drafted me 18th while also still developing my game, and this season I have the C.The weight of being the Captain of an SMJHL game has made it difficult  Halifax has been a great place to develop and I wouldn’t change a thing about my experience.

163 words

[Image: sfOMki5.png]

[Image: cardBjorn.png]

[Image: puolivalmiste2.gif]
Sigs by @Carpy48, @Nokazoa and me

Going from the Canadian Hockey League to the Simulation Major Junior Hockey League was a jump that I thought I was ready to make, even at the young age at 18. After playing in the CHL for a few years I felt I was prepared for the highest level of junior hockey. My first season with the Lethbridge Lions wasn't one that was incredibly memorable as I posted a lackluster 10 points, however this was expected due to my ice time with the veteran leadership that was ahead of me. Fast-forward a year, I was developing much better, getting 1st line minutes and starting to see myself as a player improve, and with that came an improvement in my stat line as well. With what is likely going to be one more year playing in the SMJHL, I look forward to see how my production will continue over this time as my Newfoundland Berserkers look to achieve the ever so elusive Four Star Cup.

[Image: minadsslatt.png]

Eko van otter had a decent time with his transition to the SMJHL - while he certainly struggled on the ice that first season, he found a great locker room home and there build the comfort and confidence to take his game to the next level later on in his career. His draftmate Tony Ford @Fordyford proved to be a lifelong friend from that period with the Armada once they got over the urge to occasionally strangle each other. The existing vets like Leopold Lockhart @ej27, Olivier Cloutier @Jenny, Maxime Bouchard @Weretarantula, and Peter Larson @Tomasnz were fast friends to EVO in Anchorage and carried his ass throughout the entire career in juniors. In terms of on-ice performance, the part that stands out most from EVO's time in Anchorage was, unfortunately, the preseason before his second season, in which he and Cloutier dominated together, finishing top 2 in the entire league in points (I think... not gonna fact-check that). Alas, those points all got spent in the preseason, and the regular season was a disappointment. EVO has been happy to remain involved with the Anchorage organization as a coach and scout.

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

Cain never expected to go to the SMJHL. Being drafted at all, even last in the draft, was unexpected. He wanted to work hard and make the Crows glad they picked him. His first season he started 2 games, sitting behind Vincent and Schmidt. S43, after being drafted to the Blizzard, was when the net would be Cain's. They went all the way to the final before being bounced by Vancouver, but it was still an impressive run. Cain then worked hard become an even better goalie for St. Louis, and that hard work culminated in two four star cups. Cain wasn't THE reason they won, his team was stacked with stars like Winters, Muerto, Moyer, and Williams. Never winning any individual awards, it never felt like Cain was one of the top goalies in the league, but he has his name on two cups and has the boys love him

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

When I was in the juniors my player was actually good. If you look at the numbers made by juniors Nicolaj, they are absolutely insane. This man went sicko mode times ten. In his first "season" which was 14 games, he got 4 goals and won a Laurifer cup. In his second season he nearly led his team in points as a third liner. In fact as a third liner he had the most even strength points of any player in the minors. In his next two seasons he led the league in points. In the first of these two, on a line with Mika Kandinsky, he put up a Scarecrows record-breaking total of 61 points. The next season he "slumped" and only put up 56 points during the season. In these two final seasons in the juniors combined, he gathered numerous awards and leadership titles. To say that Nicolaj was a pretty good minors player is an understatement, however to say Nicolaj is a pretty good majors player is a lie.

Pass Forfeit (D) ● Player Profile
Kraken Rage Panthers

[Image: esilverm.gif]
Special thanks to Blitz, jhockey, and Ragnarr for the gorgeous sigs <3

[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

Like any rookie, my first season in our league was slow and I did not play much. I spent a lot of time developing and learning my way around the league. Playing around 12 minutes per game, I ended with 10 points in 50 games and had a fairly quiet rookie year. I have been grateful for the Colorado Raptors locker room and all my teammates; they've made my experience a blast. Since my rookie year, I've gone on to make huge strides and currently, I'm playing around 20 minutes a game. I've medaled twice with Team Canada, winning silver and gold; and lead the team in scoring during our gold medal run. I think I've made huge strides and gotten the hang of our league, next step is trying to replicate this development in our real deal SHL. I'm hoping for an easy transition but we will see how that part of the story goes.

[Image: gurbs.gif]

(This post was last modified: 02-19-2020, 10:16 PM by rangersbruinslightning.)

[Image: Webp-net-resizeimage-1.jpg]

[Image: 60043_s.gif]
Player Page                Update Thread 
Thank you to @Wasty and @frithjofr for a couple great sigs!

Dom Montgomery's leap to the SMJHL was a leap he was ready to take. He went fifth overall, and being a confident young player, expected to go high. He was drafted to a proud Halifax team in season 44, with tons of young players to befriend and play confidently with. That positive outlook proved to be fruitful, as it helped make Dom captain of the Raiders from season 45 to his last season in season 47.

In season 45 when he moved into an apartment with teammates Jimmy Slothface and Perry Morgan and became fast friends, that was the start of a new kind of confidence for Dom. They made him want to be a better player and captain, as well as a responsible adult, because they all had their flaws but Dom felt responsible for his brothers. Though the rest of Dom's time in the J wouldn't be all sunshine and puppy dogs, he would leave the J with his own personal source of sunshine--having fallen in love with future Pride teammate Leo Lockhart. That relationship helped when the alcohol after losing a game didn't. Thankfully, Dom's coping methods changed before he was called up to the SHL.

[Image: 56791_s.gif]

sigs by sulovilen, slothfacekilla, Flareon
Current: Wolfpack raiders Uk | Alumni: Inferno pride Knights Germany