Create Account

S52 SMJHL PT 4 - Pre-Game Playlist

Detroit Rock City – This is the True locker room Anthem. Gets the whole team pumped up before and after every game. You can hear the SKREE’s from outside the arena. 

Tubthumping by Chumbawumba  - Another up tempo hockey song. Zoltan always got knocked down. But he got up again. You’re never gonna keep him down. Wanesly is always playing thing song and jumping up and down.

Ghostbusters Theme Song – Growing up Zoltan was afraid of ghosts. This song helped to calm him before bedtime, and now helps him center himself before heading out onto the ice to start a game. This is one of the songs I put my headphones on for and sit quietly for.

Hotel California – This song reminds Zoltan of home. As an immigrant child, his parents always sang this to him. It resonates will with hockey as you can check out of hockey, but you truly can never leave. This song is what Zoltan listens to walking into the locker room before practice/games.

AC/DC Thunderstruck – Sometimes we have to wrestle the aux cable from Williams. When we’re not looking he’ll sneak this one and you’ll hear the opening bars. This does help get us pumped up, but you can only listen to it around 20 times or so before it gets annoying.

[Image: topalo2.png] [Image: sig-nash.png]
[Image: Rangerjasegmailcom.gif]
(This post was last modified: 02-21-2020, 04:10 PM by Finetales.)

Alan Parsons Project - Sirius: There's a reason why this song has been used many times by sports teams of all types - it's one of the best pump-up instrumentals of all time. It's always one of the last songs played in Colorado before the team hits the ice, and never fails to get the players amped.

Survivor - Eye of the Tiger: No pump-up playlist would be complete without this song, which always gets all the players jubilantly shouting the chorus. One of the oldest mainstays of the Raptors' playlist, it doesn't always see playing time anymore, but is always welcome when it makes the cut.

Journey - Separate Ways: Every playlist needs a good hard rock anthem, and Colorado's has a few of them. While the lyrics to this classic might not be as relevant as many songs on the playlist, the song is still an instant hype generator in the locker room with its heavy driving beat and unforgettable chorus.

Parliament - Flashlight: The synth bass on this cut is undeniable and singlehandedly keeps this funk classic on the list game after game. Nothing loosens everyone right up and gets them in the zone like Bernie Worrell rocking that Minimoog.

Mulan Soundtrack - I'll Make a Man Out of You: It became a meme the second it was chosen in a media piece to represent Hiroshi Ohira, Colorado's 3OA draft pick this season. Although the song is about the wrong race entirely, Hiroshi embraced the meme and so have his Colorado teammates, and since the song also happens to be a pretty effective pump-up song for those who grew up with the movie, it sometimes finds its way into the Raptors' playlist.

[Image: FWWm8En.jpg]
Hiroshi Ohira - S53 RW #36 Manhattan Rage/Colorado Raptors
(This post was last modified: 02-21-2020, 09:46 PM by Lyezech.)

[Image: y9I7EpY.png]
Superman - Goldfinger: Much to my relief a good amount of the team seems to push for more rock/punk in the arena mixtape, it seems some of them must have also grown up with the Tony Hawk games as quite a few of the guys seem to be pretty into it
Momentary Bliss - Gorillaz, Slowthai, Slaves: Another track that lies towards the alternative/rock genre. A few of the guys have really been feeling the beat of this track since it came out a month back. We've taken to having this song be the last one we play before we hit the ice
God's Plan - Drake: This one seems to be the favourite among the hip-hop heads in the room. It's certainly grown on me the more I've heard it.
September - Earth, Wind and Fire: This one was my addition. My birthday lies on Sept. 21 so I like to be an ass and push this track on people whenever I can.
Space Boy - Dave Rodgers: I don't really know about this one, one of the guys said it was from one of their "ani-mays". One thing's for sure though, they always seem to go faster on their crossovers in practice when it's playing.

[Image: lyezech.gif]
Player Page || Updates
[Image: 15Ng51w.png]         

[Image: playlist.jpg]

Here's some shitty art my mom made me to help me improve my game.  When I get control of speaker, here are the jams I like to play to get the fellas fired up.

1. Still D.R.E. – Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg  
Classic early 2000's rap, straight fire from some legends. Nothing like it to get you feeling good and ready to get funky and creative out on the ice.

2. Black Betty – Ram Jam
After Dre, I like to play this song to get some excitement in the room. No one really knows what the lyrics to this song are or mean, but it evokes a primal urge to go drop someone out on the ice.

3. All of the Lights – Kanye West
Another upbeat song that gets everyone in the room vibing. Kanye is an odd person, but he definitely puts some jams out there (or used to at least).

4. Back in Black – AC/DC
Some good old fashion rock to change things up again and get people ready to go.  At this point Chris Cerullo (@ChrisFromRMNB) is usually headbutting the wall in preparation.

5. Forever – Drake, Kanye West, Lil Wayne, Eminem
This is a great song that I put on right before we head out to the ice.  It's a fan favorite among the rookies and it's funny to hear when Hiroshi (@Finetales) starts the song off rapping Drake's part surprisingly well, Barkov (@MarlinManiac4) takes over the Kanye part with his Finnish accent, our beloved tender Huuveri (@Jerppu) gives a solid effort at the Lil Wayne part, and mid-season steal of a signing Carlos (@CB2212) closes out the song spitting pure fire Eminem.

[Image: BirdmanSHL.gif]

Jean-François Bokassa
Armada

Proud Father of Johnny Wagner-Svenson

[Image: unknown.png]
Sven Svenson Career Stats

Sweden Raptors pride

[Image: kJkHkBV.png]

1. Til I Collapse - Eminem
The song is fast and aggressive, it's a favorite to get pumped before a tough game against a rival, gets the guys ready to fight.

2.Eye of the tiger - Survivor
Another one for the nights where trouble's brewing, the locker room gets in the zone with the soundtrack of the greatest boxing movie of all time. And as we know, Hockey is pretty much Boxing with extra steps.

3.Can you feel the love tonight - Lion King soundtrack
This one is a mystery, it showed up on the team's spotify playlist, no one knows who added it and yet no one ever skips it when it comes on nor does anyone remove it from the playlist. Weird.

4.Old Town Road - Lil Nas X
Has nothing to do with hockey, overplayed, but hockey players being the basic people that they are, of course this song's one of the team's favorites.

5. We will rock you - Queen
Straight out of Mighty Ducks 2 soundtrack, it's a classic in any locker room and the Raptors are no exception

The pre-game playlist in the Berserker's locker room is great. It's communal, and throughout the season everyone started to prefer the team playlist instead of their own individual one. We all chip in a few songs, and it ends up being all over the place in terms of song styles and genres. It keeps up on our toes, and it's become a fun mini-game to try and guess the next song, or even genre, that will come up next on the shuffle. A lot of people on the team have really intricate and expansive music tastes, but I've listened to the same songs for the last 10 years, so I'll actually focus on everyone else's picks for the playlist here.

Whip It - Devo
This is Steve's pick, and it just makes sense. It's not the most traditional hype song, but it works for the team. Steve is just such an 80s guy, and we've all learned to love the vibe of the song. I can't explain how or why, but I swear every time whip it comes up on the playlist, Steve's hair instantly looks better than it already does.

Pursuit of Vikings - Amon Amarth 
The next song is Birdstrom's choice, and once again, I gotta say I love it. I think it's funny, cause Bird's usually a pretty quiet guy in the locker room, but his playlist choice is anything but quiet. This song absolutely gets us fired up, but I'll admit that it's better as one of the last songs played before the game, because every time I hear it it makes me want to fight the nearest person, so it's best to save that energy for the other team.

25 Cents - Tuff London
I think it's time to talk about Andrei. We all pitched in one or two songs to the playlist, but at some point Andrei took over and added a bunch of his songs. But you won't hear anyone complaining, because he makes good choices. This song he explicitly said he picked out for me and that I would like it. I'm not sure if it's because he only thinks I'm worth a quarter, or because part-way through the song there's an spliced in speech about drug/alcohol/general addiction, but either way it's become one of those songs where every time it comes on the team gets pumped up, and also laughs a little at the inside joke. It's a tension reliever that hypes and relaxes us at the same time.

Hell Yeah - Rev Theory
This song choice was kind of an homage to our GM, JNH by the whole team. One day he just said we had to add this to the pre-game mix, so we did. I can't prove it, but I'm 99% sure that we win all of our games when this song comes up during the pre-game shuffle. No one knows if it's because the song is a high energy banger, or because we subconsciously worry about playing bad and getting traded, but either way the song has become our good luck charm and we know the game will be blessed if the hockey gods decide to play us this song from the playlist.

Stranded - Gojira
This last song is Nham's choice, and it also falls into the category of 'gets us so hyped we need to fight someone.' In fact, this song coming up on the playlist has actually sparked two or three locker boxing battles, but since then we've learned to harness and wait to unleash that energy until the game. I love this song though, as does everyone honestly, and it's one of the best songs on the playlist that gets everyone ready to fly out of the gates the second the puck drops.

[Image: smalinowski7.gif]
Sigs: Thanks JNH, Lime, Carpy, and ckroyal92 

1, Alive by Wage War->This song is played first to set the tone. We get hyped when this gets played and energizes the hell out of us

2. Black Flame by Bury Tomorrow->Great song, this song is picked by our Goalie and he knows we are going full on heavy with our song choices cause that is what we need

3. Popular Monster by Falling in Reverse->This is a new song for us, Falling in Reverse has produced a ton of bangers and this song is no exception. We all love to sing the chorus together

4. Naysayer by Architects->We pick this song purely for the breakdowns and the BLEGH. Perfect song to continue our fully on amped up state of mind

5. Infest by Breakdown Of Sanity->This song is handpicked by me because I think its one of the best metalcore songs out there, the breakdowns are just incredible and they even get Obama on the track. We are a metalcore team as you can see. Once this song is over we make a mad dash to the rink ready to kill the other team haha

[Image: blurrybad.jpg] [Image: zomboy3.png]
Thank you Brandon, Fish, GeckoeyGecko, Karey, Kit, takethehorizon, and Ragnar for the sigs!
[Image: Pw202QP.jpeg]

Player Page || Update page

Rev Theory - Hell Yeah
This is a great song to hear after a victory.  No question that this is a team building moment and it’s a solid choice. It really could go before games as well.

Egypt Central - Kick Ass
This is a bit off the board, but sometimes we can tell when the fisticuffs are going to start in a game and this is a song that gets us loose and ready for a fight.

Foo Fighters - Pretender
This song was such a hit a decade ago and who can go wrong with Dave Grohl?  We generally play this song to pump ourselves up before big games.

OK Go - Invincible
Our captain, Ryan Shepard, put this one on the playlist, because we are an invincible team when we stick together and play as a group and not individuals.

TRUSTcompany - Stronger
This one we tend to play after tough losses and I expect it will some use in the long playoff series to come.  We may be beaten, but we learn from our mistakes and come back stronger because of them.

[Image: CAu3g3c.png]

[Image: zS2lCMp.png]  [Image: oMh09WY.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: wu5MVvy.png]  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

When Santtu joined the Armada, he brought with him his tastes in music and flair. As a Finn, he was immersed in heavy metal music but he has learned a lot about his teammates and their music tastes as well. So when putting together a pre-game playlist, he looked back at his year with his team and picked out his top 5:

1) Ashes to Ashes - Saxon

The pump up song of choice for the rookie line of Anchorage (Santtu, Chris de Siren and Braden Lowrie), this song symbolizes how they were given a baptism by fire from Anchorage. They were asked to come together quick and perform well on a championship-winning team. Their soon quick bond was forged in fire and this song fits their mentality perfectly

2) Die with Your Boots on - Iron Maiden

The choice of GM Max Brannigan for a fight song. This song represents what is to be the mentality of the Armada. If you are going into battle, you are giving it everything you have. 100% work ethic or nothing at all. It pumps up the locker room  before the game that is to come

3) Aquila Natus - Sean Householder

A song choice inspired by the great number of servicemen that call Anchorage their home. Anchorage is a hard-working place, full of patriots and people who survive the harsh conditions year in and year out. Santtu did take some inspiration from that as he picked out this for the playlist

4) Born for Greatness - Papa Roach

A song that every SMJHL rookie can relate to and the personal track of Braden Lowrie. This song, no matter where its played, speaks to the men in the locker room as if to say, you made it this far now proof you belong here. You are born for greatness now reach for it

5) The Battle of Evermore - Led Zeppelin

Being from Finland, Santtu knows plenty of Folklore stories and has read many fantasy novels. Led Zeppelins Lord of the Rings inspired track speaks to him on a multitude of levels but its the quietness of the opening that really hits home for him. Everytime he steps onto the ice, he hears those strings starts playing and he knows he is entering the heart of the storm. A great track to prepare yourself for battle

The Hills - The Weeknd

Personally, I love the Weeknd and his music is fucking amazing. His voice is elite and truly unique in the hip hop industry. Being from Toronto (Close enough, okay) just like Nour and I, I believe there is a connection to be made there. Add that to the fact that this song is super hype in general? You've got a great song to add to your team's potential pre-game playlist!

Hercules - Young Thug

I believe that this song represents the Falcons in a nutshell. Coming into a season where both Nour and Tig did not have any expectations, the Falcons had a fantastic season where all of the rookies showed up and did some heavy lifting and somehow, after fighting tooth and nail finished 1st in the SMJHL.

Psycho! - MASE

I don't believe that this song carries any significance to the Falcons or any of it's players but I do believe that it's a fantastic song that can get me going at any time, even more so if it was a pre-game hype playlist. It's an awesome song and I'd recommend it to everyone/anyone.

'Till I Collaps - Eminem

Eminem is one of the most famous artists to come from Detroit and his stuff can sometimes be hype (Older stuff, not his newer stuff mind you), I believe that this would help the arena get hyped and excited for the upcoming game after the warmup.

Work Bitch - Britney Spears

This was the same song Teddy used in his Detroit hype video, I believe that this has a significant meaning to all of us players and would easily get us all hyped for a game. Out of all the songs on the playlist this song makes the most sense to be on the playlist.

[Image: jackkanoff.gif]

[Image: jeffiesigs.gif]
Nour is pretty hot ngl

BOOGIE - BROCKHAMPTON: This is the first song on the Kraken playlist because of the sheer amount of energy that the song radiates. It also has a message of triumph, with lyrics like “ain’t no stoppin me tonight”.

Dreams and Nightmares - Meek Mill: This song is essential for any hype playlist. The beginning is slower and softer but still has a triumphant sound, and then when the beat drops and Meek starts going crazy the energy is unmatched. No pregame playlist is complete without this song.

First Day Out - Tee Grizzley: This song is honestly very similar to Dreams and Nightmares. Slower, softer but triumphant intro and then when the beat drops the song goes hard. Another essential song to any hype playlist for a sports team.

Do What I Want - Lil Uzi Vert: This song is sheer fun and speaks upon how Uzi feels empowered after making it big. This song will get the team in an empowered and triumphant mood for game time as the boys scream “now I do what I want”.

Stronger - Kanye West: This song is a classic. The message of this song is what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger and that is the perfect mindset for a sports team to have. Everyone knows this song and it is a perfect song to put on before a game to get the team ready to go.

The Falcons know that if they want to get jazzed up before a game all they need to do is one simple step: give Toki Wartooth the aux chord.  Growing up in Norway, Toki has an appreciation for high paced music like no other.  Here are some of his top five songs he likes to p;ay before games to get the boys in the mood to snap necks and cash checks. 

Song #1: Sentenced to Burn by Cannibal Corpse
This song is used as an initial kick in the ass to get the players' heads in the game.  A lot of the Falcons like to listen to their Korean pop and just relax but Toki knows there is no such thing as relaxation out on the ice.  While the song wasn't the team's favorite at first, the players have come to love the beautiful blast beats on the drums and death growls that lead singer Corpsegrinder produces. 

Song #2: Nothing's Gonna Stop us Now by Starship
At this point, Toki has snapped everyone out of their Korean pop mood.  After the rude awakening of Sentenced to Burn, its nice to restart the system with some smooth tunes such as those produced by Starship.  The players enjoy the melodic feel and motivating lyrics.  It is tradition to locker box to this song to really get the boys going and to feel like a team. 

Song #3: Wormhole Inversion by Abominable Putridity
Toki now kicks it into another gear to get the boys sweating.  This song offers beautiful slams and caveman guitar rips to bring out the primal instincts we see so much on the ice.  Its a goo thing the team has already passed the locker boxing stage of the day because when this song comes on its pure mayhem in the locker room.  

Song #4: Stab by Mortician 
This is a nice little burst of energy for the players.  If smelling salts could be heard, this would be the moment it happens.  The boys are finally fully awake and ready to play when this song seeps out of the speakers in the locker room.  A few pregame sprints and the pads go on.

Song #5: Soak up the Sun by Sheryl Crow
This is right before the players take the ice for the game.  Toki plays this song to remind the boys that this is just a game and there are bright messages we learn along with it.  The players usually sing along in an acapella choir to warm up the vocal chords for some decent chirps out on the ice.  Once this song is over, the boys are finally ready to get those pucks in deep and work the corners.

[Image: murphy2.png]
[Image: NI78UUy.png?width=400&height=267]
[Image: Skree.gif]