Create Account

S53 Dragons Interested Prospect Thread
(This post was last modified: 02-20-2020, 01:49 PM by Steelhead77.)

Dragonite Ahh Dragonite Ahh Dragonite

The Calgary Dragons are the most successful and consistent franchise in the SHL. We won our 8th Challenge Cup in season 50 and have made the playoffs 27 of the last 29 seasons! We play in the league's most exciting arena, The BIG-Parm, which has become the hardest place for opposing teams to play in the league!  

As you learn more about our team, feel free to check out our rich history HERE , our Team Profile HERE and our Digital Media section HERE. We're a hard working team and a top notch organization. We're always looking for motivated young players to enhance the Dragons experience! We have a  great atmosphere, strong leadership, we support each other and have a lot of fun. If you're a prospect for the S53 SHL Entry Draft and are interested in joining the Dragons family, please help us get to know you better!

[Image: SHL-Dragons-Banner.png]

Please link us your Player Page: Example

Code:
1. How interested are you in joining the Dragons? Scale of 1-10. What do you know or like about the current team?

2. What kind of player are you looking to build? Are you open to advice to help you achieve personal and team success?

3. What are you looking for in an SHL team and what do you enjoy in a locker room?

4. What have you enjoyed most so far about the SHL?  

5. Do you see yourself always having time for the SHL, is there anything that could negatively effect your activity level over the next year or so? (New Job, School program, travel, etc)

6. What Age group are you in, Under 20? Over 20? Over 30? (No worries if you don't want to reveal this).

7. Have you done any Media, GFX or Podcasts? Feel free to link one for us!

8. Currently the Dragons have a deep roster, anyone we pick will need to be patient. How would you feel about being a star for your SMJHL team another 2-3 seasons?

9. The league is switching sim engines in S53 from STHS to FHM6. Do you have any FHM experience or will it be completely new to you?

10. Please let us know anything else you think would help us evaluate you as a potential future Dragons Superstar!!

Feel free to ask us any questions you may have about the team, pm @Steelhead77 @Mike Izzy

Maybe we'll call your name on Draft Day and set the league on Fire Together!!!

[Image: source.gif]

Thanks for your Time!

Dragonite Dragonite

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

I guess I'll get this started!

Kraken Jimmy Wagner Kraken 
Two-way RW (Simon) -> Counter-attacking / Speedy RW (FHM)

1. How interested are you in joining the Dragons? Scale of 1-10. What do you know or like about the current team?
8/10 atm? You're the only one on the scale though, so that might change. I know little, but parms are cool, black homes make for easy jersey swaps, and I can appreciate a team that has shown consistent success.

2. What kind of player are you looking to build? Are you open to advice to help you achieve personal and team success?
I want to build one of the faster players in the league, who can beat people to space on defense to force odd man rushes and offense to rip high percentage shots from 5-9 meters out.

3. What are you looking for in an SHL team and what do you enjoy in a locker room?
Carolina's locker room is cool, we all get along and I appreciate that everyone here is so knowledgeable and open with their knowledge, is legitimately friends with each other, while also being super welcoming to the rookies.

Content creation, carving out a niche for myself and my player, and checking out the sim results in my 8am lectures.

5. Do you see yourself always having time for the SHL, is there anything that could negatively effect your activity level over the next year or so? (New Job, School program, travel, etc)
Probably, yeah. I'm finishing up my current program this semester and have time to earn max TPE at the moment. Then I'll have a year and a half off until med school where I'll still be active, but maybe making fewer media pieces.

6. What Age group are you in, Under 20? Over 20? Over 30? (No worries if you don't want to reveal this).
Upper half of my 20s

I have an ongoing series of The Player's Tribune articles [example] and also do photoshop things [latest weekly], and [most recent commission].

8. Currently the Dragons have a deep roster, anyone we pick will need to be patient. How would you feel about being a star for your SMJHL team another 2-3 seasons?
Absolutely fine. I want to win all 4 major titles, so the extra few years in the J will give me a few more runs at the SMJHL/WJC.

9. Please let us know anything else you think would help us evaluate you as a potential future Dragons Superstar!!

A lot of my media is artistic atm, but I have a deep data analytics background (undergrad and masters in economics, worked for 4 years as a database architect, at some point might have my R and Python based computational biology work published in a paper.

Umm, I also like to cook, and am a distance runner? Not sure what else you'd need to know but feel free to ask me any questions!

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]
(This post was last modified: 02-17-2020, 06:03 PM by Lime.)

Berserkers Steve Harrington Berserkers

10/10. Calgary has some some the best management and most success in the league. I came here to win a Challenge Cup and by god if I'm in Calgary I'll get one. Also I heard you guys have good sandwiches.

I'm looking to build a playmaker. I've stated before that my ultimate goal is to be all-time assists leader. I wouldn't want all-time goals leader because it would be rude to Esa.

I'm looking to win and look good doing it. I want a locker room that's active so we can be serious about the league but also have fun in the down time.

It has a fun community and there's always someone to talk to and something to talk about. I love the story lines - real or manufactured - and the history that is made every sim day. I like watching my own player get better and looking at the advanced stats to see how our team is really doing.

I'm in school and have a part time job but I don't see any of it becoming unmanageable with the SHL.
Real hockey sims come first.

The 21 age group

Easily top 1 sig maker all-time don't @ me

I would like to win with Newfoundland so I am more than happy to stay here and grab some trophies.

9. Please let us know anything else you think would help us evaluate you as a potential future Dragons Superstar!!

I'm a graphics grader and an updater, also I make some sigs so I should have a lot of money. Also I have a lot of time so I shouldn't miss any TPE unless its RNG.

If I'm not a Dragons Superstar then I'll be a superstar somewhere else... But you won't have to worry about that right?

[Image: arTbD7O.png]

Germany Berserkers Stampede Stars Barracuda syndicate

William Hartmann, LW, Vancouver Whalers  Whalers

I was actually born in Calgary and grew up there, so it would be an interesting place to be drafted by since I might be able to draw on personal experience when talking about the city. I like that Calgary is a pretty stable organization that is a perennial playoff contender. I'll call it an 8 or 9.

I'm looking to build a player who is fast and can put up points while also being defensively responsible. The closest analogue to an RL player that I'm going for is Vancouver Canucks LW prospect Nils Hoglander (I'm a diehard Canucks fan lol), who is an undersized but quick winger who can put up points, but also doesn't shy away from physical contact. I'm pretty open to advice to help build a better player and one that helps the team win more games, but right now I'm focusing on putting TPE into passing and scoring to get those stats up to the point where Hartmann can be a solid two-way threat.

I just want a team with active and positive people. If everyone on the team is consistently active and doing their updates, we'll go far. I'm not too picky as to which team that ends up being on. I love the camaraderie of the room. The Whalers went on a 10-2-2 run at one point this season, and it was pretty great to see everyone happy about that.

I like how there's a pretty clear path for a player to get better - earn TPE, make money, do better in games, and make the team better.

I'm currently in the third year of a five-year university program, so that keeps me busy, and I also have a part-time job in the evenings. I will definitely have time to do SHL stuff consistently for a while.

I'm nineteen. Turning 20 in April.

I've done a few media pieces, and should have a lot more time to do them in the summertime. This piece on the Vancouver Whalers young players is my best work so far. I don't have graphic design skills and my living situation does not permit me to do audio work, so those might not be an option unless I move to a different house in the future.

My offensive numbers this year haven't been great, but they're improving steadily as I put more TPE into it. Once I get the post-draft TPE I should help Vancouver as a high-TPE winger for a few seasons. If it means William Hartmann doesn't completely suck when he eventually gets called up, I am more than cool to wait.

9. The league is switching sim engines in S53 from STHS to FHM6. Do you have any FHM experience or will it be completely new to you?

This will be new to me, and I'm looking forward to seeing where the new sim engine goes!

10. Please let us know anything else you think would help us evaluate you as a potential future Dragons Superstar!!

If you want bodychecks, I'm your man. Second in the SMJHL for hits as a rookie. I also got thrown out of a game for starting a brawl, so...truculence?

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]

Good stuff so far!

Knights|Dragons|Austria

Falcons  Reid Sutherland  Falcons

8/10. I live in Calgary, so this would be pretty awesome to play for the hometown team. I know you guys have a really good history, and I love the Dragons branding. Only thing that makes it not 10/10 is I know you just drafted a center. I am more than willing to play where the team needs me, but as I said below, part of the player I want to build is a really good face off guy - so that plays into it.

I am looking to make a Ryan O'Rielly type player, with my main goals being a playmaking center who is really good off the draw. I played a bunch of PK time this year in the SMJHL, and it has made me want to be a little more defensively responsible as well. In terms of FHM roles, I was looking at Gretzky's Office and Playmaker as possible roles. Would probably add a focus on Defensive read as well. I am definitely happy to take advice in order to help the team grow!

Detroit has been awesome so far in this regard. Looking for a team that I can have fun with and that is active. I am pretty easy going in this regard, just want a good group!

Definitely the locker room! It has also been fun checking the sim results every morning when I wake up. I have liked the media bit as well, and aim to continue that!

Yes I do. I am doing a school work term for the next 7ish months, and then return for my last year of school. If anything, I will have more time then for the SHL!

Early 20s, just turned 23 this year.

I am not what you would call the artistic type, but I do enjoy some advanced stats and such. I recently did a Point Shares Analysis for the 2/3 mark, and will be doing another at the end of the season to do award predictions. I forsee myself continuing to do a decent amount of media to keep that cash flow. I would like to get a job on the site eventually, but it will likely be a "right time/right job" kinda thing.

I would love it. Detroit is about to win 3 straight, so I would like to be a part of that.

It would be new to me, but I have been throwing around the idea of buying it to play around with.

Nothing to add! feel free to reach out to me on site or on Discord if you want to chat or have any questions. I am usually more responsive on Discord.

Thanks Wasty, Carpy, JSS, TurdFerguson, Geekusoid and Awesomecakes for the sigs!
[Image: reidsuth.gif]

I guess about 8/10 or so? Its hard to really say as I dont know much about any of the SHL teams really beyond where they are in the standings right now. I'm not heading in with any predisposition about who I want to take me.

Im looking to build a puck moving defenseman who primarily looks to set up his teammates with smart passes. I want to be the ideal Power Play QB. The best NHL analog would probably be Keith Yandle.

I'm just looking for an active group of guys to interact with. I'm a pretty easy going guy in general so i tend to get along with most people.

I like checking the results of the sims every morning and looking at how the team did and how I did individually, then going to talk and react to that with my teammates. I also have enjoyed talking to my fellow rookies on other teams as well to discuss the overall experience.

Its likely that I will get a new job over the next few months, but seeing as I tend to do most SHL things in the evenings anyway, I dont see that really effecting my activity level.

Mid 20's

Yeah I have done a few articles, and plan on doing more before seasons end. I've been collecting data and plan to do a fairly big one in the near future. Here was my first article: A Dream Pursued

Yeah this is about what I expect to be the case for most teams. I'm not concerned with how fast I can make the SHL roster and dont mind staying in Colorado for a while.

I've never played FHM before, so it will be new to me. Although I've already started talking to some of my Colorado teammates about build strategies, as some of them have more experience with it.

[Image: vDWeWJB.png]
Sig By Carpy48
Selected #14 Overall to the Colorado Raptors
Selected #9 Overall to the Calgary Dragons
Finland Dragons Raptors
[Image: zdXC6eb.png][Image: 8b7dmkE.png]
(This post was last modified: 02-22-2020, 09:20 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

[Image: qOyBT1A.png]

Knights|Dragons|Austria
(This post was last modified: 02-23-2020, 11:49 AM by juke.)

Jukka Timonen  Berserkers

I don't know much about all the individual teams still, but from your description, the Dragons sound like winners. So at least an 8 or 9.

I'm looking to build your typical two way defenseman. Chip in on offense, play sound on defense. Like Hedman/Pietrangelo. Very open to advice.

I like an active locker room, that gets into good discussion about the season, but also just about every day things and life as well.

I like the locker rooms and discussions. And it's nice to be invested in the player and check sim results and watch progress being made.

Can't see anything changing.

Late 20s.

I like to make data/stat based media [1] [2] [3] [4]

[Image: smalinowski7.gif]
Sigs: Thanks JNH, Lime, Carpy, and ckroyal92 

10. Not trying to be facetious, but honestly have no expectations or agenda and will be happy to go to any team honestly. Several Dragons players are active on here and discord and one of my teammates is a Calgary S52 pick (Trey Nets) so that's pretty much my familiarity with the Dragons.

Defensive minded forward. Two-way currently in Simon, looking at Counter-Attacking with a splash of Up and Down Wing in FHM. Always open to advice. Very team first kinda player. Don't expect to be a super star. 3rd line and PK kinda player. 

I'm here to have fun. A good active LR, but not a lot of shit-talk/dissing other players and teams. It's a computer game that we have only a tiny bit of control over. It's not serious.

Just the idea of it. It's like EA Be A Player on steroids. Like I said above we don't have too much control, but what we do have is the training and staying active etc.  

Always? That's hard to say. Stuff changes. I'm currently in the process of looking for a new job but that's usually a long process. I expect to be very active for S53, beyond that I hope so but I can't say for sure.

I turn 40 this year. 

I love the writing part. I've done 4 or 5 media pieces. That will be my primary source of income. 
Here's one of my articles from the middle of this season. 
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=103339

That's totally fine. The Scarecrows are a great team and a great locker room. I'd love to be a major player in St Louis history before I move on. 

No experience. This is all new to me, sim leagues in general. Simon was new and FHM will be new. 

I'm here to have fun, to me that means the team does well. Of course I want to get points and score goals but getting a hat trick in a loss is a waste. I want the whole team to do well, not just me.

Above and beyond SHL, I am fanatical about hockey. I'm sure most people on here are or they wouldn't be playing a hockey game, but I was lucky enough to be a college student in Raleigh when the Hurricanes came to town and got HOOKED. Been watching hockey since 1999 or so. I follow the NHL and AHL pretty deep (my brother and sister in law are Charlotte Checkers season ticket holders) and since I've moved to Portland started following the WHL/CHL (Portland Winterhawks).

[Image: hudson.png]

Knights|Dragons|Austria

9. I know this is a legendary team and if I look to future I would like to be one of this legendary collective.
Sniper, I like to help team with scoring as more as I can. Yes, I'm open for that.
I'm looking for nice teammates. Funny talks in locker room or discord. I like to enjoy time here.
Amm.. That I can make my own player better every week and look how he grow up. 
I will be active here for a long time because I like this project.
I'm 20 now, 9th June it will be 21
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=103581
only graphics.
I'm not so good in English to write media but i'm here to grow up in normal English level. I think it is possible because here all is in this language and yea, I can learn a lot of new.
I think that's good. I like my SMJHL team and teammates and GM also. I think I need to stay in SMJHL more 3 seasons to be ready for SHL level.
I have little experience. I have FHM6 in my PC.

Just need to be good teammates. I like funny teams where noone is scared of jokes.

Knights|Dragons|Austria

I'd say a solid 8. One thing I like about this team more than some others is the logo actually looks good.
I'm looking to build a good, reliable offensive player that isn't always the star of the show. Right now I'm modeling after Josh Bailey of the Islanders
To be honest, I'm not really sure. I really like what I've got currently with the Falcons. All the fellas on the team are great and I am on discord talking with them every day. So I guess something like that.
I think I have by far enjoyed the social aspect of it the most. Second might be the cool statistics about everything. I want to be able to do more stats-wise and I think SHL is helping me with that.
Nothing that concerns me at all. I do most of my SHL time during the week, cause I'm usually busy during the weekends. During the Winter months I volunteer for an adaptive winter sports program so I almost never have time on the weekends during the winter, but I am on almost every day during the work week to make up for that.
I'm 24 years old
 I sure have. You can check out my latest here: https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid2783394
That is my plan anyways!
I bought FHM6 on sale just to prepare for this. I'm slowly learning, but it is helping me figure out my new build.
I'm not sure what else there is to say. Take a look through my posts if you want to see some more of my work!

[Image: Fred.png]
[Image: PeZ8eh1.png] [Image: r2pSvNf.png]

9! I like that fact that you are successful. Obviously, I'm not just here to win trophies, but if they come, I won't complain!

Right now I'm looking to continue to build a power forward. But yes, I'm absolutely open to advice - I'm here to serve the GMs and do whatever is best for the team! Flexibility is my middle name.

Trophies would be nice, but the real important thing to me is an active LR. I'm used to talking just about daily with Detroit and I'd hope to have that same experience in the SHL.

The people I've met! Cheesy, but it's true. The people are what make this site so enjoyable.

Nothing major. I'm in college, I have an internship this summer, but I will always have time each day to do anything SHL related. I make time for the things that make me happy.

Currently 20, in my junior year of college.

Yes! Linking sounds like effort, but feel free to check out my page if you're interested.

As I've said, I'm very flexible. I wouldn't mind staying in the Js and becoming a star! It's truly whatever is in the best interest of my GMs.

I have played other sim games, such as FM. I haven't played a hockey sim before, but I've been learning a decent amount about it from guys in the Detroit LR. 

I don't plan on going inactive anytime soon! I'd appreciate someone taking a gamble on me, as it's my (personal, secret) goal to hit 2000 TPE. 

[Image: UCTqPUg.png]