Create Account

S53 Dragons Interested Prospect Thread
(This post was last modified: 03-10-2020, 11:12 AM by jeffie43.)

Code:
1. How interested are you in joining the Dragons? Scale of 1-10. What do you know or like about the current team?
7, I don't really know a lot of the teams outside of Team Canada and Detroit, but I'm always open to new experiences

2. What kind of player are you looking to build? Are you open to advice to help you achieve personal and team success?
A super offensive defenseman, like Cale Makar. Yeah for sure.

3. What are you looking for in an SHL team and what do you enjoy in a locker room?
A fun time, a place with people I can chill with. I enjoy activity and  hanging out with people.

4. What have you enjoyed most so far about the SHL?  
Team Canada's LR has been awesome and the people there are great. If it was not for them, I feel like I may have gone IA, and it's just awesome to have such a welcoming group over there that's super nice.

5. Do you see yourself always having time for the SHL, is there anything that could negatively effect your activity level over the next year or so? (New Job, School program, travel, etc)
Death, new job in May, but I'll probably always have time to update and be active on discord towards the nighttime.

6. What Age group are you in, Under 20? Over 20? Over 30? (No worries if you don't want to reveal this).

7. Have you done any Media, GFX or Podcasts? Feel free to link one for us!
I do all 3 in NSFL, and am open to doing more here. I have a sig in the works but I want to submit multiple at the same time for my first 2x bonus. [URL=https://i.imgur.com/kGhN2w9.jpg]Here's what it looks like[/URL]

8. Currently the Dragons have a deep roster, anyone we pick will need to be patient. How would you feel about being a star for your SMJHL team another 2-3 seasons?
I would love to keep playing for Detroit, I have no worries there.

9. The league is switching sim engines in S53 from STHS to FHM6. Do you have any FHM experience or will it be completely new to you?
I have OOTP experience so kinda but I'm open to buying FHM eventually.

10. Please let us know anything else you think would help us evaluate you as a potential future Dragons Superstar!!
I don't really have anything else tbh, thanks for taking the time out of your day to scout/talk to me

[Image: jackkanoff.gif]

[Image: jeffiesigs.gif]
Nour is pretty hot ngl
(This post was last modified: 03-10-2020, 12:35 PM by Nhamlet.)

Berserkers RW Ryuuji Minamino Berserkers 

1. How interested are you in joining the Dragons? Scale of 1-10. What do you know or like about the current team?
8, probably 9 being a hometown team for me. The consistent success despite the trends of ups and downs for teams makes it attractive to want to see and enjoy team success. Also currently seeing the number of high 1500+ TPE players shows a lot of people who are dedicated to the team and will only add to that longevity. 

2. What kind of player are you looking to build? Are you open to advice to help you achieve personal and team success?
A Wheeler-esque or Tkachuk style player. The nuance is still up in the air but the main premise I'm hoping to build off is a strong big body with the ability to stay on their skates and hold the puck despite whoever might be trying to take the puck away, be able to use a wide vision of the ice and find that clear pass lane for a critical chance. 

3. What are you looking for in an SHL team and what do you enjoy in a locker room?
Just another great group of people to be able to hang around with everyday whether it's about the league or anything else life related. 

Making the bonds and relationship with people, whether it's with fellow rookies, teammates, other GMs or working others on other site related jobs. The hockey almost feels secondary to the connections with others but it's all been a fun ride from start to now in discovering more about the site and other people. 

5. Do you see yourself always having time for the SHL, is there anything that could negatively effect your activity level over the next year or so? (New Job, School program, travel, etc)
Currently in a masters program but have been doing so for the past 5 months and it's worked out for my schedule. I don't anticipate anything significant changing for a couple years at least. 

6. What Age group are you in, Under 20? Over 20? Over 30? (No worries if you don't want to reveal this).
Over 20.

Some interest in basic stats and even more talent in graphics.

8. Currently the Dragons have a deep roster, anyone we pick will need to be patient. How would you feel about being a star for your SMJHL team another 2-3 seasons?
Sounds perfect to me. More time to try and with the 4 Star Cup with Newfoundland until then.

9. The league is switching sim engines in S53 from STHS to FHM6. Do you have any FHM experience or will it be completely new to you?
Some experience with Football Manager and EHM but nothing with FHM.

10. Please let us know anything else you think would help us evaluate you as a potential future Dragons Superstar!!
Player Updater and WJC GM so I'm interested in taking on more roles and have the ability to generate money even if my artistic ability to generate content might be limited.

[Image: 1rdovVs.gif]

[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-10-2020, 07:35 PM by Faelax.)

Timber Alexander Roach Timber

I would say about a 8 out of 10. Obviously joining a consistently winning organization sounds wonderful. I'm a fan of the Dragons brand.

I am looking to be a playmaking center who excels in all three zones. I'm always open to advice from those who have played before.

I'm looking for a place to be able to grow as a player and have a good shot at winning the title. A locker room should be a place to bond with your team over talks of strategy, and a place to just make each other laugh.

I enjoy making new content for the league, and the ability to just kick back and have fun with my peers. 

I do not foresee anything hindering my ability to participate.

Over 20.

I haven't done anything yet, since I'm still working on my photoshop/video editor skills. I would love to start up a podcast. 

I like my SMJHL team a lot right now, so I would be fine with waiting. Plus, it gives me time to really refine my game and be ready for the show. 

I have a little bit of experience with FHM6, although much more with older versions and EHM.

I am currently a WJC GM and I'm really into analytics, I'm hoping to play for one team for a long time then hopefully step into some kind of management/scouting role when I hang em' up.

Thanks for taking a look at me, feel free to ask me any questions you might have!

[Image: Faelax.gif]
[Image: aroach.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png]    [Image: DNLeeu0.png]

(This post was last modified: 03-12-2020, 01:45 PM by Tayjay.)

I'm interested in anyone that's interested in me so let's go with a 10. I like the content that you guys have produced, and obviously the success. 

So originally I was set on Playmaker but with the switch to FHM I think I'm going for a hybrid mostly because I can't commit to one. I wanted to do my best to emulate McDavid so like a speedy, puckhandling, pass first playmaker. Yeah, I would be open to suggestions.

I really don't know what I'm looking for other than championships. Winning in Anaheim has given me the itch to compete. As far as locker room I don't have a preference I guess. Just a place to chill, ask questions, and for lack of a better term "shoot the shit".

Just like the PBE there are some pretty cool people that I've met. Plus the whole be a player thing is cool. I also like quickly we move through seasons. 

Obviosuly I enjoy the SHL and will have time. I don't foresee any reason why I would leave or stop. 

I'll be 30 in August so almost into the 30 category.

I've written a couple articles. I'll link my most recent one. It's a lot easier to get money in the PBE so I'm just now realizing how hard it is here unless you are on your toes. Draft Media

Yeah I'm not readyto get brought up anyways so I'm fine with sticking down a level for another couple seasons. 

I'm actually really pumped you guys are switching to FHM. I'm a big OOTP guy and thought it was weird you weren't on FHM. I haven't been playing FHM a long time but I've been messing around with it the last 3-4 months or so.

I'm pretty active on Discord, and in the PBE so I think the knock is that I was a late joiner and haven't produced much media, and my player didn't do anything during the season....to that I say poppycock.

Player Page

[Image: 15Ng51w.png][Image: draNOgf.png]

Armada Chris de Siren Armada

I admittedly do not know much about your team, I'm new to SimHockey as this is my first season ever, but I do like the people I've interacted with from the team! I'd say my interest is roughly 11.

A high scoring perimeter shooting forward, with a healthy amount of defensive ability too, always open to advice as well.

I want to win, and I want to help the team achieve those wins. In the LR I do enjoy the collabrative efforts of everyone to work together to win, and I do love getting help to with build ideas to help my player grow, so basically a supportive LR

Everything really. The people have been cool and interesting thus far, and the atmosphere has been positive.

Yup, nothing in my way right now.

33, turning 34 in November. 19th to be exact.

I have a couple articles! Here's my most recent: https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=104111

I do not mind, especially if it gives me more time to grow.

Completely new to me but I've had help from people to learn the fundamentals of it for the most part.

I am a comitted player and ready to succeed in the SHL!

Chris de Siren - S52 Anchorage Armada | S53 Calgary Dragons 19th Ovr Draft Pick 

[Image: qc4SnW8.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 03-14-2020, 09:18 PM by mastersheep.)

Probably an 8. I know a couple of folks that I've talked to here.

I'm looking to build a two-way center like a Nicklas Backstrom or Patrice Bergeron type. I'm absolutely open to advice especially with a new sim that I have no experience with.

I'm looking for a team that has a good comraderie and has a plan in mind for one day winning a championship. I am interested in a drama-free environment.

The variety of people and just the general chit chat about hockey. I also like to set high goals for myself.

Nothing that I can see changing anytime soon. More likely I'll have more time in the short term too if I end up being placed on a full telework schedule due to the virus threat.

I'm over 30.

Yes, I've done a few articles. You can check out here and here for my longer pieces.

I'm fine with this.

This is brand new for me.

I plan on having a lengthy career in the league and wanted to say thanks for taking a look at me.

[Image: CAu3g3c.png]

[Image: zS2lCMp.png]  [Image: oMh09WY.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: wu5MVvy.png]  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]