Create Account

S52 WFT #4 - Make The Case

Code:
Edmonton will make the finals for the 3rd time in 4 seasons

For:
I'm extremely confident in the group we have in Edmonton and I think we're going to make it back to the challenge cup finals once again, in fact, I'm saying we're going to win the challenge cup finals. We don't always have the strongest team on paper but the Blizzard show up in the playoffs and we're about to prove that once again!

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points

Code:
Goal differential should be the regular season tiebreaker instead of Regulation+Overtime Wins (no bias here at all)

For. Of course, in a long, grueling season, we all talk about grinding out wins. To me, though, goal differential is a bit more of an indicator of how well a team may have performed in a season. Wins are pretty variable, especially overtime ones, which could very well have become losses if a lucky bounce goes against you. We like to use the strength of a squad to see where teams might finish before the season starts, but if there's no statistical basis of comparison for wins in order to gauge if a team overperformed, underperformed, (etc.), maybe it's wins plus OT wins isn't the best way to settle a tiebreaker?

[Image: noahshl.gif]

Switzerland Outlaws Chiefs  Player Page  Updates  Chiefs Outlaws Switzerland

Toronto's magical (?) run will continue and see them upset Buffalo in the wild card round

For: ML's got that STHS positive sim karma and it's been working over the past few years. It's only a matter of time before we see that karma pay off in the playoffs and with the year BUF has had, why not this year?

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

The Carolina Kraken will return to glory and hoist the Four Star Cup

Against! As a league we can not allow this to happen. Carolina has had their time in the sun but this season it’s Anaheim’s turn to take that cup back home.

[Image: thiefofcheese.gif]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] 

Sig credit: Ragnar, Carpy48, High Stick King

02-23-2020, 07:15 PMNaosu Wrote:
Code:
The Carolina Kraken will return to glory and hoist the Four Star Cup

Against. In my four seasons here this is the tightest the SMJHL have ever been. Four points separate first from seventh, and three teams finished on top with the same points. There is no clear favourite this season, it's completely wide open for the Four Star.

I'd like to second my colleague Naosu's point here in that CAR likely will not win; I appreciate that he took the time to point out the parity. However, I do disagree that there is no clear favourite. I'd like you to meet Newfoundland, or I guess for your sake you should hope you don't meet Newfoundland.

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

Code:
Goal differential should be the regular season tiebreaker instead of Regulation+Overtime Wins (no bias here at all)

Sorry, but no. Wins are what matter, and if we could take just regular winning percentage, sure. But shootout wins aren't the same, hell even overtime wins aren't really the same. I'd concede that maybe only regulation wins could be a tiebreaker. But the team that wins more should be ahead. If you have a higher goal differential but win less games, it really doesn't make it that impressive on you for blowing out bad teams more. If you have a better goal differential, you should be winning more games. If you aren't, that's on you, not the tiebreaker.

[Image: symmetrik.gif]

Prince George Firebirds GM (S34-S36)
Toronto North Stars GM (S37-S43)
[Image: XtyrY3M.png]
(This post was last modified: 02-23-2020, 10:36 PM by hewasajazzman.)

With 69 points and team leader Charlie Schieck finishing the season with 69 blocked shots, San Francisco just finished the nicest season in SHL history

against

okay really that is pretty damn nice. then again, even with all the niceness going on in San Francisco, you have to remember that they made a trade to acquire IA scrub @GeckoeyGecko aka Tokek Takshak. i figure that would probably be a negative while equating the niceness factor.

Kaarlo Kekkonen is a runaway choice for SMJHL MVP: For

I'm not sure why you'd argue against this, or what logic you would even use for it. He led the league in scoring by a whopping 7 points, and nearly broke the 30 goal mark in just 50 games. This is his trophy no doubt.

Code:
Sound the alarms again - Hamilton is taking home that repeat trophy
Nope this can't happen. I feel like the entire SHL will collectively implode if this happens. Thank God FHM is coming to save us from this.

You want real reasons? There are at least 5 other teams with more TPE.

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

Code:
This is the most wide-open MVP race in the past 5 seasons

I will have to agree with this case as there are only 12 players with 50 points this season with many of them scoring 20+ goals as well. I don't see no clear cut favourite.

[Image: shepard.png][Image: giphy.gif][Image: TFOzBaZ.gif]

Thanks to @FlappyGiraffe and @ToeDragon84 for the making these sick sigs!

Quote:                            First Goal (3rd Game): Commander Shepard 1 (Nick Brain 1, Noah Gallagher 2) at 8:48

02-23-2020, 10:34 PMhewasajazzman Wrote: With 69 points and team leader Charlie Schieck finishing the season with 69 blocked shots, San Francisco just finished the nicest season in SHL history

against

okay really that is pretty damn nice. then again, even with all the niceness going on in San Francisco, you have  to remember that they made a trade to acquire IA scrub  @GeckoeyGecko aka Tokek Takshak. i figure that would probably be a negative while equating the niceness factor.

counterpoint: i am very nice

[Image: sig-e-e-geck-atl.png]

e

Quote:Toronto's magical (?) run will continue and see them upset Buffalo in the wild card round

FOR
Clearly whatever ml is feeding his players is working. Didn't he turn a 700 TPE inactive into a godlike player? Surely if he continues doing this toronto will win the cup.

[Image: glutes2.gif]
Signatures by Vulfzilla, Jepox, Jess, rum_ham, Ragnar, and myself
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] [Image: tdKmZA0.png]