Create Account

S52 WFT #4 - Make The Case

Sound the alarms again - Hamilton is taking home that repeat trophy

For, Hamilton as a team is built in a way to leave no stones un-turned. It's already decided. It should be noted that although it still is the same trophy there will always be a asterisk attached to S51 and S52 seasons. Regardless if it ends up actually being asterisks there, we who put time and effort into the community will remember. Just as the early days are remembered for the "suspicious" results
There's no honor in these two seasons, It's essentially two seasons wasted because of the shortcomings of the simulator being used.

all hail, Shamilton

RETIRED

With 69 points and team leader Charlie Schieck finishing the season with 69 blocked shots, San Francisco just finished the nicest season in SHL history

FOR. I mean honestly I'd have to brush up on my SHL history a lot to really definitively say this. But it seems fairly unlikely for this nice set of circumstances to have happened previously. Even better would be a player with 69 points to go along with the team's points. Alas, we as a league are not nice enough to achieve this... Yet

[Image: gotze_team_siggy.png]
[Image: lKRNHAn.png]

An every-season staple: Cameron Carter II will take home his second DAR AWARD #JODAN

FOR - Unfortunately for those who are sick of hearing from him, I think this is true. I do feel like the perspectives on CCII have mellowed a little bit in the past few seasons, and he's treated much more positively (at least in the ANC LR) than he previously was, so I don't know how many people would be upset by this, but he nearly set an all-time record for hits and he's got some points to back it up. DAR WIN II

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

Quote:This is the most wide-open MVP race in the past 5 seasons
Against - Philipp Winter should be awarded the Mexico and Khan trophies by the end of the season. Without Philipp Winters 27 goals (tied for league lead) and 56 points (league leading) the Panthers do not push out of their mid-season slump and get into the 4th Slot in the West Playoffs. With the most hits (128) out of the league's top 5 scorers, a solid 11 shot blocks and 15 power play points (most in SHL's top 5) not to mention the Panthers' second top scorer? #26 in the League among the leagues Top scorers; SFP has 3 within the Top 25, HAM has 3, CHI has 3, MAN has 2, No player was leaned upon to lead their offense to a playoff spot than Philipp Winter of the Los Angeles Panthers, and that is what an MVP is.

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

Code:
Toronto's magical (?) run will continue and see them upset Buffalo in the wild card round

Against. In my opinion Buffalo will have no problem beating Toronto. Toronto are the only team to make the playoffs in the eastern conference to have a negative goal differential and an unimpressive home record, it will catch up to them during this match up.

Nor Ge
Citadelles

Salzberger Lillehammersson
norway Inferno World Falcons

Anders Christiansen
[Image: inferno.png] [Image: dragons.png] [Image: wolfpack2.png] [Image: stars.png] [Image: Dxdffra.png] [Image: hGKuRrv.png] [Image: sAx3Llh.jpg] [Image: firebirds.png]

For

Quote: Sound the alarms again - Hamilton is taking home that repeat trophy

Everyone knows that they hate this truth. Hammy is taking home the second of back to backs (might be able to argue this one's legit? But no matter as it'll have an asterisk) before moving on to fhm where it's everyone's game once again.

[Image: krash.gif]

[Image: kLRJavo.png][Image: ZjgHcNL.png]

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

Edmonton will make the finals for the 3rd time in 4 seasons: FALSE

Sure, Edmonton had a great season, but in the West they are not the team to beat. The San Francisco pride and the Hamilton Steelhawks will play the finals (with the Steelhawks winning another cup with a smaller asterisk).

[Image: m38.gif]
Update Thread - Player Page
Update Scale

Former players:
Ivo Willems (S9 SMJHL) (S10-28 SHL)  
Xander Green  (S33-35 SMJHL) (S36-47 SHL)
Vorian Atreides (S49-51 SMJHL) (S52-61 SHL)

02-21-2020, 09:36 AMhotdog Wrote: An every-season staple: Cameron Carter II will take home his second DAR AWARD #JODAN

FOR - Unfortunately for those who are sick of hearing from him, I think this is true. I do feel like the perspectives on CCII have mellowed a little bit in the past few seasons, and he's treated much more positively (at least in the ANC LR) than he previously was, so I don't know how many people would be upset by this, but he nearly set an all-time record for hits and he's got some points to back it up. DAR WIN II

BS!

After last seasons oversight where the Awards Committee forgot to conspire against CCII as they do every season, they will return back to their old ways this year and make sure that this mistake isn't repeated and that he doesn't win another trophy. And I must know, I'm on the damn committee!

Quote:Goal differential should be the regular season tiebreaker instead of Regulation+Overtime Wins (no bias here at all)

Against.  A team can score incredibly well in some games, and not so well in others.  The games where, against a lesser defense, they score high can ultimately pad numbers in the goal differential (depending on how many times those teams meet up in a season).  Winning, especially clutch wins gained in overtime or in a shootout, will ultimately mean a hell of a lot more...particularly in crucial moments like playoff games.  As the Prophet Toretto once said...

[Image: 3ce5c588e86f5ae086049750e3f7c949daf7cee0...744208.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 02-21-2020, 11:28 AM by GoonerBear.)

Goal differential should be the regular season tiebreaker instead of Regulation+Overtime Wins (no bias here at all)

Against. ROW is a better indication of teams winning games by playing...well...hockey. While shootouts are fun, they're there so games can end with a winner without bashing people around for more than 65 minutes a night. It's hockey's "screw it" option without saying "it's a tie, go home." Win hockey by playing hockey.

Speedwagon Player Page | Speedwagon Updates Page 

[Image: speedwagongifsig.gif]

[Image: GoonerBear.gif]

Code:

For: As much as I, and most of this league, would love to stay against, I just don't think anyone can beat this cheat powerhouse team. It also doesn't help that their path to glory is rather easy being in the East, which seems lacking compared to the West.

[Image: WtrC9qy.png]

FalconsJapanpride

Quote:Sound the alarms again - Hamilton is taking home that repeat trophy

You know it. They play is literally out of this world, they have been so good these last few seasons they very well might win it all again. I don't know how they've turned @Gwdjohnson into a respectable Top 4 defenseman, but they've done it, and it's paid off. Hamilton will go through each playoffs team and come out unscathed, winning it all in 16 games.

[Image: Kalakar1.gif]

Code:
For: As someone who has lost to Hamilton in the finals last season, as someone who is a pass-first player, and as an advocate for "fair play" it pains me to see Hamilton succeeding again. even worse, they are doing it legitimately, so people cant even cry foul. Hamilton beats Edmonton in 5, 2 years in a row.

Code:
Toronto's magical (?) run will continue and see them upset Buffalo in the wild card round
For: Come with me, baby girl, on a magic Harry Carpet ride - Steppenwolf. As a Raptor alumni, i know to look for the meme team potential, and nothing says meme team like ruining a tanking season by making the playoffs, sans mikhail lokitonov.

Code:
An every-season staple: Cameron Carter II will take home his second DAR AWARD #JODAN
Against: Tony Pepperoni's 200 hits, hard penalty kill minutes, and offensive production make him a much stronger candidate than CC2. Last season's award was just an experiment to see if that would change the copy/paste results.

Code:
Goal differential should be the regular season tiebreaker instead of Regulation+Overtime Wins (no bias here at all)
For: i kind of thought it was already. goal differential gives a better metric of a team's ability. slightly unrelated, but i proposed to my friends a few years ago that we start a fantasy league that only measures empty net goals, fights won, and penalty minutes. like an elaborate bangers league without the hits. i like the idea of switching different standards around and seeing how the new seeding would work out.

Code:
This is the most wide-open MVP race in the past 5 seasons

Code:
Edmonton will make the finals for the 3rd time in 4 seasons
For: They have a tricky path through an angry and ornery New Orleans, but they have the depth scoring and general defense and goalie pairing to get them back to the cup.

Code:
With 69 points and team leader Charlie Schieck finishing the season with 69 blocked shots, San Francisco just finished the nicest season in SHL history
For: Nice. The Edmonton Blizzard had an active watch of Jon Forty-One's hit count, as he was aiming for exactly 69. unfortunately he overshot his target and ended up in the low 70's. J41 gives the nicest trophy award to San Fran.

Code:
Peter Larson should be taking home the McBride award for the league's top goalie

Code:
The Carolina Kraken will return to glory and hoist the Four Star Cup
Against: Trella and company will get it done and get all the way to finals, but this time will lose to the Colorado Raptors. The Raptors are the hot team right now, with the hottest goalie and the drunkest bird leading them.

Code:
Kaarlo Kekkonen is a runaway choice for SMJHL MVP

Player Page || Player Updates || Visual History

Against - The Carolina Kraken will return to glory and hoist the Four Star Cup - This will not happen this year as it is finally time again for the SKREE nation to hoist the Four Star Cup in Detroit.  They have the superior scorers at forward and just enough defense to get the job done.

[Image: kpALfz6.jpg]
Gritty McGritterson Player Page
Gritty McGritterson Update Page

S53 Four Star Cup Champion- Detroit Falcons
S56 Challenge Cup Champion - Hamilton Steelhawks

hamilton is taking the trophy again i know this because they have the high scoring and they are big cheaters someone should ban them from shl so the rest of us can have a fair shake at it ya know.

[Image: Marius_buffalo.png]

08-24-2018, 01:08 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Ah yes, the veteran meme player. A surefire bet for maybe 400 TPE Tongue
05-23-2020, 02:25 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Scoop AINEC
[Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif]

[Image: Poppity.png]
^^^^^ Thank you JSSSSS
[Image: Poopity_Scoop_1.png]
^^^^Credits to Snussu^^^^

[Image: Scoop.png]