Create Account

S52 SMJHL PT 5 - Highlight Reel

First game: Game 130 Halifax Raiders vs St. Louis Scarecrows
Ooo yeah, this was amazing, first full game for me. I played 10minutes in 4th line. I was a little bit nervous but when I first time touched puck it was all gone. I finished game with +1, 1 hit and 1 shot and I lost in my first faceoff (yea, that's because I'm not center)

First point - assist: Game 164 Carolina Kraken vs St. Louis Scarecrows
Good memories. This was game when I get my first point of the season and it was assist. We won this game 8(!):3. I just deflected puck but it was right decision because after that Borys scored a goal. It was amazing game.

Code:
5:12 of 3rd period - Shot by Alex Reyer.
5:12 of 3rd period - Deflect By Kriss Darzins.
5:12 of 3rd period - Shot Blocked by Wyatt Ruschkoff.
5:14 of 3rd period - Shot by Borys Franciszek.
5:14 of 3rd period - Goal by Borys Franciszek - Carolina Kraken : 2 - St. Louis Scarecrows : 6.

First goal: Game 204 Anaheim Outlaws vs St. Louis Scarecrows
My first puck in the net. Now, that puck stays at my appartments. We won this game 3:2 and I scored game winning goal, it was amazing, I was very happy and my teammates, too. I'm rookie and first goal always is special.

Code:
19:28 of 2nd period - Alex Reyer wins face-off versus Rikard Hammarberg in neutral zone.
19:35 of 2nd period - Shot by Kriss Darzins.
19:35 of 2nd period - Goal by Kriss Darzins - Anaheim Outlaws : 1 - St. Louis Scarecrows : 3.

Draft Day

My first highlight has to be the day I was drafted into the league.  It took a while, which made me pretty nervous, but when management called my name I was so overjoyed to get this started.  I ended up being selected 46th overall, but I’ve had a decent rookie season and I’ve heard more than a few folks suggest I was a steal so that also makes this a highlight for me.

First Goal

My first goal was the opening goal in a big win against Anaheim just under three minutes into the game.  I lost the faceoff in Anaheim’s zone, but Nicklaus Engel immediately took the puck back and got it in the zone.  Eventually Michael Preeb found me down low for a nice chance and I took no time in sniping it five hole.  It was pretty awesome to get my first goal and Mike’s first career assist at the same time.  It ended up being just the beginning of a great night.  The Outlaws played well, but we played better and that’s really what I remember best about that game.

First Assist

My first assist came the very next evening as we faced the Colorado Raptors.  Once again it came on the first goal of the game.  I was just coming on the ice for my shift when my buddy Antti Antinen went in hard on the forecheck, we recovered and eventually it found me along the boards.  I didn’t really have a great angle so I kept the puck moving over to Alex Ranch.  He found Antti again and just like that the puck was in.  I kind of feel like this was more his highlight than mine since he did started the play and was rewarded for his efforts, but I’m glad it worked out well for our team.

[Image: CAu3g3c.png]

[Image: zS2lCMp.png]  [Image: oMh09WY.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: wu5MVvy.png]  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

First Point

While some consider the first goal to be more important, the first point is the true start of your career, according to how Santtu sees things. His first point was something truly special, it was just as he joined the Anchorage Armada as they went to take on the Carolina Kraken. A real back and forth game all the way which the Armada only just took control off late in the 2nd period. Alongside fellow rookies Chris de Siren and Braden Lowrie, Santtu would make a perfect pass to Braden who fed Chris for the goal. On that night, not only was first point scored but the "Rookie Line" was born.

First Goal

The first goal of a career is truly special, its the moment where you have truly arrived in the league. Your first point starts your career, your first goal puts you on the map. Santtu's goal is something he will always remember fondly. Against the Newfoundland Berserkers, the Armada were down 2-1 after Augustus Wang scored short-handed to put them back in the game. Lando Norris streaked down the ice with Santtu in toe and tried to shoot a goal but missed the net, Santtu collected the rebound and got his first goal. A truly special moment for a boy who had dreamed about it since he was 5 years old.

The War against The Scarecrows

There were many great games that Santtu could have used for his favourite game this season but in the end he wanted to highlight this game against St Louis. It was a back and forth slug fest of a match with neither team giving each other an inch to breath. Crushing hits, dramatic shots and incredibly highs and lows all around. It was this game that convinced Santtu that he belonged in Anchorage with this team, with this band of brothers that he was proud to call his own. He even commented afterwards that "he had never been so tired yet so satisfied with a game in my entire life"

1. Getting Drafted
Going into the draft I was incredibly nervous on where I was going to end up. There were a few teams that I absolutely did not want to play for and some teams I was really interested in playing for. One of those teams that I wanted to get drafted to was the Knights. I was expecting to get drafted at worst in the second round but as the second round came and went my anxiety went through the roof but then the Knights announced they were drafting me and I felt great.

2. My first goal
My first goal was not the most glorious goal but it sure was memorable for me. It came in game 32 against the Anaheim Outlaws. We were up 3-2 in this game but Anaheim was desperate to win this one and decided to pull their goalie. With a minute left in the game it was time for my shift and I saw my chance. I picked off a pass and fired it from my defensive zone into the back of the net and registered my first point!

3. My first playoff goal
My first playoff goal came at game 2 of our playoff series with the Raiders we ended up losing this game but it was an incredible feeling registering my first playoff goal. It came in the first period, the Raiders already scored three goals on us and my goal turned the tide as after I scored my goal the Knights scored two more to tie the game up at 3-3 before the first period ended.

[Image: blurrybad.jpg] [Image: zomboy3.png]
Thank you Brandon, Fish, GeckoeyGecko, Karey, Kit, takethehorizon, and Ragnar for the sigs!
[Image: Pw202QP.jpeg]

Player Page || Update page

#1 Being Drafted

Obviously this is the first real moment for any SMJHL rookie and it should be the highlight of everyone's rookie season. I was really excited to get drafted in the first round to the Scarecrows. I already had a few friends on the team, but have made many more and it's really been fantastic first season in a new locker room.

#2 First Game as a Crow

That first regular season game in Juniors is always special especially that it came in a big win, in an exciting overtime game. Axel ended with no stats outside of being a +1 but there's worse ways to make a debit.

#3 First Career Point

It only took two career games for Axel to register his first career point! Now it was a garbage time assist with St. Louis up 4-2, but it's still the first of hopefully many points to come for him.

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

PBE PT

[Image: woelkers.gif]

#1 - Getting Drafted by the Carolina Kraken
Going into the draft, everybody knew that I would be getting drafted to the Carolina Kraken as my agent has very close ties to the organization but boy did it feel good to finally become a part of the team. Even though I knew where I was going to be drafted, I still had a lot of nerves going into the draft. My dad, Teddy was with me and as a former pro SHLer, his presence calmed me down and reassured me that I was destined for this. Getting called up to the stage by GM Fuzz, I was overwhelmed with happiness and I couldn't wait to start the season.

#2 - Rooming with Frans Eller on the road
When we had to travel for away games, I roomed with fellow rookie, Frans Eller. We clicked right away. My father and his family friend Tigole Bitties were teammates for a long time and we bonded a lot sharing about our distinct cultures.

#3 - The playoffs so far
In my first playoff run in the J, I didn't have high expectations, I just wanted to go out there and do my best to stifle the opponent's offense. However, my offensive game has been great so far and I have been leading the charge offensively and defensively from the back end. It feels great to contribute so much to the team as a rookie.

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM
(This post was last modified: 03-01-2020, 08:55 PM by Paq.)

My highlight reel for this season would have changed a lot just in the playoffs. After going down 2-0 in our series with Colorado, we were able to battle back and win the series. In two of our wins, I had what turned out to be the game winning goal. There are no bigger moments than the ones in the playoffs, so the first goal is highlight #1, and the second is highlight #2. That leaves me a whole regular season to pick just one moment from, but I'm not sure if my final one would even come from the season. It might actually be when I was told that I had been drafted by the St. Louis Scarecrows. That was the moment I knew I became a part of a really great team that had a chance to do something special. Everything else is inconsequential in comparison. But if I had to pick one from the regular season, I'm sure I had a pretty nasty goal or two in the 10 I scored. Throw it in the reel.

PBE/NSFL: speculadora

[Image: xOtrQ61.gif]

#1: Gotta be my first SMJHL goal, which I scored in the second Raptors game of the season. Scoring your first goal will always be a big milestone, but mine was made sweeter in that it was the last goal of an absolutely dominant first period for the Dino Gang, where we scored four unanswered goals. Mine was the 4th, and it was a perfect storm of a some spicy tape-to-tape sauce dished to me by Brett Ward, deking past a defenseman, and rifling it top shelf past the Anchorage goalie. Although I knew I would love my time in Colorado from the second I was drafted, that 1st period really sealed the deal.

#2: I'll go with my 2nd goal of the season, partially because it's obviously a great feeling to score, but partially because after that first goal at the very beginning of the season I had a huge drought of no goals, broken by a very satisfying assist I made in a pre-season game against Carolina. By now I was moved up to the 3rd line and the team was firing on all cylinders, and the very next game I scored my 2nd goal against St. Louis. Lundqvist Jr. sent me a beautiful pass that I one-timed into the net. That really got me out of my mid-season slump.

#3: My 3rd and final goal of the season, scored in the middle of a dominant 3rd period against St. Louis, similar to the dominant 1st period where I scored my first goal. We had been playing sloppy the 1st two periods but we came out flying in the 3rd, putting up 5 goals (mine was the 3rd) to tie up the game and eventually win in the shootout. It was probably the most exciting game of the season for me, and my goal was just the cherry on top.

[Image: FWWm8En.jpg]
Hiroshi Ohira - S53 RW #36 Manhattan Rage/Colorado Raptors

[Image: 1vzgGMC.png]

Huge glove save vs. Zaporozhets to end the first winter classic.

[Image: awesomecakes.gif]
[Image: beautifulphoenix.gif]

PBE

First Career Point:
As a defensive defenseman, Toki Wartooth is not known as a playmaker in the offensive zone.  That is why his first ever assist came as a surprise to everyone, including himself.  In Detroit’s 3-2 win of the Halifax Raiders in the 33rd game of the season, Wartooth made an excellent pass across the slot to Edward Williams on the rush.  The pass was so slick and right on the tape, he deservedly got some pats from the boys on the bench. 

First Career Goal:
In the 94th game of the season, the Falcons played the Anchorage Armada.  It was a tight game coming right down to the wire, but the falcons prevailed in the third period going up 5-4 against their opponents.  Toki Wartooth scored his first ever SMJHL goal to tie the game at 4-4 before a Jmac NCheese won it all.  Wartooth’s slapshot from the blueline went right over the goaltender’s glove and went in for a top cheddar goal. 

First Career Star:
In the same game, Wartooth managed to make a key assist on a goal that kick started the Falcon’s comeback.  His two point performance was clutch enough to make him the second star of the game, the first time he had ever been privileged with those honors.

[Image: murphy2.png]
[Image: NI78UUy.png?width=400&height=267]
[Image: Skree.gif]