Create Account

S52 PT #5 - The Anthology Vol. IV

For the final PT of this season and, indeed, this series, we'll accelerate all the way to the end of your career. What do you expect your player's legacy to be? If you're nearly finished, you'll have a realistic sense of what this might look like; if you're just getting started with your career, you have more room to dream big here. Feel free to be as realistic or bombastic as you like, but write about what your player will be remembered for when it's all said and done. (min. 150 words)

Graphics option: show us a plaque or statue that honors your player's legacy after they've retired.

THIS PT IS FOR SHL PLAYERS AND SEND DOWNS. IT IS NOT FOR SMJHL ROOKIES.

You will receive 3 capped TPE for fulfilling all requirements.

This PT will close Sunday, March 1st at 11:59pm ET.

Welfare claims from either PBE or NSFL are accepted! (if you’re claiming welfare and have a different username on the affiliate's site then you need to state that in your post to get credit.)

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway
(This post was last modified: 02-24-2020, 02:10 PM by JamesT.)

Code:
What do you expect your player's legacy to be?

I still remember my first time playing in the SMJHL and eventually getting the call up to play for the Edmonton  Blizzard I still feel I haven't yet hit my  prime and am only scratching the surface on the type of player I potentially can become. Things will be interesting when we switch to a new sim engine but this gives me the opportunity to tweak my players attributes and really focus on my strengths as a hockey player. Hopefully when my career is finished I want to be known as one of the best skaters the SHL has ever seen!
When my career eventually comes to an end and I take the ice for the final time, I want my legacy to be one where I was respected by my fellow teammates and other players across the SHL. Hopefully I get to play in Edmonton for the rest of my career and can be remembered as one of the great players to have been able to dawn the  Blizzard jersey and call Edmonton during my playing days. I also want to capture more Challenge Cups as the feeling of winning the CC was one of the best moments of my life and I want to experience it again. 

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla for the player signatures! 

PBE Welfare

[Image: jrousseau.gif]
[Image: j7ebBxQ.png] [Image: FbT2Pb1.png]
Canada Knights Canada Knights Canada

[Image: JPB_bust.png]

[Image: nokazoa.gif]

CURRENT PLAYER

[Image: sN8N4xa.png]         [Image: xd5tvj8.png]

FORMER PLAYER

[Image: ktJ2jTl.png]

Big Wanger's already got a Four Star Cup from S51 in his trophy case along with his World Junior Championship Gold (S51) and Silver Medals (S50) with Team Canada which also adds to his collection of team awards for his career thus far. Currently, Wang holds the record for most points from a defenseman in Anchorage Armada history along with the Harvey Danger Award, which is given to the best defenseman in the WJC as voted by WJC Committee. Let's not forget about his off-ice leadership abilities as he was Assistant Captain of Team Canada for the WJC in S50, Assistant Captain of the Anchorage Armada in S51 and eventually became Captain of the current S52 Anchorage Armada squad. The only things missing from his repertoire are a Challenge Cup, which he hopes to win in Buffalo, a IIHF Gold Medal and any individual awards that he can acquire along the way. All of these awards would not only put him in the prestigious Triple Gold Club, but would also cement his legacy as one of the best defensemen to ever play in the SMJHL and SHL.

[Image: image.png]
[Image: dankestmemes69420.gif]

[Image: vhY18i8.png] [Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: nBgNUTY.png]
Armada        Canada        Stampede
Falcons        Usa

Danny Marston's goal isn't a gold jacket or #34 in the rafters. Those are nice things, and he certainly wouldn't reject them, but Danny gets up every morning to play hockey.

That's it. All there is to it. Hockey. The team. The fans. Ice under foot, stick in hand, driving for the net hockey. Maybe a couple of Cups, someday, but those are for the whole team and the city they call home, not just him. He's not really a "Personal Achievement First" kind of guy, but he does want to win for his team. 

If really pressed to consider far-off ideas like "retirement" and "legacy", Danny would like to be the kind of player that teammates and opponents alike would want around, and remember fondly as a "Good Guy and a Helluva Hockey Player".

He wants to be the type to work hard and keep the team's spirits up even in the worst of times. Maybe he doesn't hold down first, or even second line time, but he tries to have a kind word for everyone, even when it's hard. He's not perfect, and certainly not a saint, but he tries to do the right things and be honest. He's one of the first to welcome, congratulate, and console, and any commentary is usually more positive than negative. He'll compete fiercely, but he rarely if ever forgets the human.

Maybe someday, if he's any good at it, he'd like to settle down as a GM. But that's a long way off.

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

My legacy will be a mix of winning and missed opportunities to win even more. Already won one championship and I got plenty of gas left in the tank, so planning on winning at least couple more championships, in that sense my story still has some blank spots. The missed opportunities are from this ongoing season and from last few seasons, here in New England we had great players and great teams, but for whatever reason that big potential did not translate into championships, that is personally tough to think about when looking back, but when looking at it from positive angle - those years will only push myself and the team forward.

As a player I will hopefully be remembered as an offensive defender who was not afraid to drop the gloves and get physical here and there, some could even say I did not reach my full potential as a true offensive defender, but that is something that can and will change in the future, couple great seasons towards the end and that is all people will remember, some weakish seasons do not count for much in the bigger picture!

PBE Affiliation

[Image: Too9kfy.png]
 Player Page  |  Update Page

When I retire, I want to be known as the best player in my SHL draft class of S51. I felt slighted by my draft spot (13th), which was probably of my own doing, but I know that I'm a good player, and I have the TPE gains and stats to back it up. I've been an above average SMJHL player all 3 seasons I've played, including a 53 point season this season, so if I can keep that level of contribution up in the SHL, I should be fine. I also want to win awards, like every player does. My old player never won anything aside from IIHF medals, and I already have him beat with a Four Star and WJC best forward award, so if I can keep bringing in awards for my trophy cabinet then my legacy won't be one of failure. It'll be one of sustained success.

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs
(This post was last modified: 02-24-2020, 09:57 AM by takethehorizon.)

[Image: Pkfu9U6.jpg]

Quote:I want a Challenge Cup. I know that's what management in San Fran wants as well. I have a good relationship with my SHL affiliate's management staff and it's pretty clear that they are looking to me for the future of their organization between the pipes. Am I nervous? No. This is something I've been preparing for since I laced them up for the first time. And I couldn't ask for a better SMJHL team to be apart of then Kelowna. From top to bottom, management to the players it's really been an unreal experience here and I feel confident about being a Knight for life. They have really helped me shape my game and allow me to develop into a future SHL goalie. I don't care about individual accolades or even international play. My focus is to bring my game to the SHL and be the best I can be for my team while putting us in a position to win every night. When it's said and done I want to know that I left it all out there and performed to the best of my ability.
SHL; i'm coming for you.

-Kelowna Knights' goaltender Cillian Kavanagh

[193 Words]

[Image: takethehorizon.gif]
[Image: IdMkYiH.png]

[Image: NIYtQkE.png] [Image: NjFSX1z.png]

Alex Mack is a legend in everyone’s mind, it’s no secret he will be remembered for his spontaneity on the ice and off the ice. He will be remembered by players wives and fans alike. His Hat Tricks early on in his career and then his strength and reserve when put through some gruesome trials in the SHL. His undeniable record as an all star athlete and one of the Calgary Dragons best team player. Alex Mack might actually be remembered as the best teammate the Calgary Dragons ever had, bringing everyone closer together and helping the young rookies get their sticks wet if you know what I’m saying. My skating has improved beyond what I had hoped for early on, my ability to keep my head in the game even when the ice girls were making it very hard was really a testament to my skills as a focused and loyal player.

[Image: Depositphotos-46829959-original-1024x602.jpg]

All complaining aside, I think I've had a pretty good career. I'm nearing the end of mine, as father time remains undefeated. I've played my whole career in Edmonton and I will retire there. We've had some absolutely great seasons while I was here and I think that's my legacy in Edmonton, bringing home multiple Challenge Cups.

Personally, I've actually got a lot of hardware. I've won 5 gold medals with Ireland in the IIHF, I've won 2 Challenge Cups, an Anton Razov for Playoff MVP, and I have the SHL record for highest +/- in a season. I came into the league wanting to become the best goal scorer in history, but things happened on the ice and my game changed. I become a good to great top 6 point producer for Edmonton and won a lot.

As my career winds down, I hope I'm remembered as a great teammate and a hard worker. One thing for sure, though, is I will be remembered as a winner.

(167 words)

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
15-6-0
Regular Season - [G 2] [A 3] [Pts 5] [+/- +6] [PIM 10] [Hits 12] [SB 38]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

Hernadivic is currently projecting both St. Louis and Buffalo to win the 4 Star Cup, and the Challenge Cup, allowing Hernadivic to become one of the few players to have won both in their career. This will be followed by Hernadivic winning both WJC and IIHF gold medals this season, making Aron Hernadivic one of the rare members of the 4-Gold Club, of which he accomplished in one season. This will set off the chain events that occur, allowing Hernadivic to win every single trophy in every single season, becoming the winningest player in SHL history, a feat he always knew would happen.

Realistically, Hernadivic will help BUF become a dynasty, joining other young elite players like Monkey D. Luffy, Beb Sharp, Scarn, Muller, etc. He will hopefully help Czechia win their first gold medal at some point, and maybe get nominated for some individual awards. Unlikely to put up elite numbers to make the HOF, but will likely experience lots of team success.

[Image: fishyshl.gif]
Thanks to everybody for the sigs :peepoheart:

[Image: czechpp.png][Image: czechup.png]

When it comes to the career of Knox Booth, I have high hopes and realistic expectations. I know that it's realistic to assume that I'll have a career as a steady starter who can propel his team into the playoffs and help win them a few games. I think it's realistic to assume that I will be effective for most of my career and be able to contribute at a high level because of my activity and propensity for earning TPE. However, I also have high hopes that I will finish as one of the top TPE earners for goaltenders in the SHL as well as be a hall of famer. I know that part of getting in the hall is earning it, and I have yet to come close to that. But if I continue on this trajectory and the Panthers continue to grow in the positive direction we've been headed in I truly believe I will have a chance to make the hall of fame and become the goaltender I hope to be.

179 words

[Image: f7IGJw3.png]
[Image: UFYQyLU.png]

After having played 7 seasons in the league (SMJHL & SHL combined) without having won anything yet (not even in IIHF) it's going to be hard to get where I'd like to get with Harry Carpet. Of course the dream is still to break some of the all-time goalie records (many are still held by McFadden - only something like ‘most shots against’ is feasible at this rate) and to end up as a Hall of Fame player which likely requires some individual awards too. A more realistic and immediate goal is to win a Challenge Cup with Toronto and have Harry be the team’s starter for the entire length of his career. I'd like him to be remembered for his endurance, determination and patience too, playing for bad teams and being a good teammate even though things don’t look very good. If nothing else works, he will still be remembered as the greatest (and only remaining) goalie of S47.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]