Create Account

S52 PT #5 - The Anthology Vol. IV

There are a lot of different things Gunnar hopes to be remembered as. Obviously, it is his hope that his legacy will include a championship or two (or three, or more). But there are a lot of other things behind point totals and awards that he hopes to leave his mark on. There are social issues that are very important to him, there are younger players he hopes to be able to influence in a positive way. At the end of the day, he is of the opinion that the best thing a person can possibly do for something they love is to leave it better than they found it, and that is what he hopes to do with hockey. It doesn’t have to be some great big league-wide change he is remembered for, but if he is able to help others be better, or kinder, or even just a little more open-minded towards others, he will consider that a job well done.

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: nbb.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

Screw this PT. Here I am in the western conference finals at the pinnacle of my career TPE and you want me to write about how my career numbers will look like? Are you trying to have me jinx myself? At the end of Lil Manius career, I just want him to have solid overall numbers. Lil’ was never meant to be a one-dimensional player. His game and play was always trying to be good at everything as opposed to insane at one thing. I would just look at Lil’s numbers at the end of his career and solid number for all stats, hits, goals, assists, faceoff, and even shot blocks (you know for a forward). I would not Lil’ Manius numbers to be complete one sided with a ton of goals and no assists or hits. I would not like that for my player nor would I like player with a crazy number of hits and no offence points. Just give me an all-around good player.

Words ~167

[Image: bonk.gif]
Sigs by @FlappyGiraffe,  @Steelhead77,  @ToeDragon84, @slothfacekilla, @Wasty and other dude I need to find your name

Lil' Manius

Big Manius

Noah's legacy will be that of a steady and reliable defenseman. He's not going to be one to go out and win awards year after year. He won't be a guy that can put the team on his back and carry them to title after title. He isn't going to stand out in the boxscore as someone that's putting up points every game and being an offensive threat. But what he will be is a defender that you can count on to shut down the opposing team's best scoring threats. He'll do the little things each and every game like hitting the ice to block a shot or punishing his own body to clear an attacker from in front of the net. Late in the game with a small lead, you'll know that Noah's number will be called to help seal the deal and pick up the win. That's what his legacy will be.

[Image: DrbPYHV.png] [Image: UDyqktK.png]

PBE PT

[Image: symmetrik.gif]

Prince George Firebirds GM (S34-S36)
Toronto North Stars GM (S37-S43)
[Image: XtyrY3M.png]

Karl's lasting legacy is going to be one of sheer physical and mental domination. Fast forward to the end of his career where he's riding the pine on the 3rd or 4th line (not dissimilar to his current role) and putting in hard minutes giving the next wave guys a shot at a quick breather before getting over the boards again.
People are going to know his name and its going to be synonymous with a championship pedegree.
Even at his old age Karl will be putting up a lot of hits and a lot of shots (hopefully the goal luck turns around soon). A perennial league leader in hits people will be whispering his name with either fear or joy depending on their Fandom, and young aspiring scouts will be doing a case study on him to try and figure out how this champion bread stud managed to slip so low on teams draft boards, and how they can get an algorithm to find the next krash in the haystack.

As of right now, Jøln DuBølk has accomplished the following:

Individual
- S48 4 Star Cup
- S48 IIHF Gold
- S45 WJC Bronze

While not bad, he can add a lot more hardware to the trunk. I'm not expecting him to be a first ballot HOF, but I do want a solid career. As for what I want to add:

- A Few Bojo Biscuit Trophies: Being a defensive defenseman, it should go without saying that I do want recognition for my defensive prowess. This season could (or maybe not) see my first, given DuBølk lead the league with 101 Blocked Shots, 10 more than 2nd place. Whether or not that will do it is another story, but things could change come time to switching to FHM.
- At least 1 Challenge Cup: Let's be honest, this is gonna be on everyone's list. However, it's an important piece to add for any noteworthy career. It might take a few seasons given that Tampa is retooling a bit, but FHM will be an open door.

Now, things that would be cool to add, but probably won't add:
- A Scott Stevens: Being the best D man in the league would be a cool thing to do, but considering all the great defensemen currently, it might be a bit tough to grab one before I regress too much.

[Image: MCP_.gif]
     [Image: ICON1.png][Image: lions-button-updates.png]

As Shepard is only partially through his career I am not certain what his legacy will be. When Shepard signed up to be a professional hockey player he just wanted to be a great two-way team-player who could help a team win a championship in whatever way he could. When playing in the Juniors Shepard always wanted to be a triple gold member. Shepard came close to the Four Star Cup losing in 6 to the Outlaws. Shepard has a gold in the IIHF juniors and needs a Challenge cup and IIHF gold. At this point I think Shepard’s legacy will be one more of mystery and wonder. As the S46 class is quite large with many prominent SHL members coming in that class with a variety of personalities. Shepard has always been quietly one of the best players and always wanted it this way. Perhaps Commander Shepard's legacy will be as one of the more underrated players from the S46 class but Shepard has some tough competition. Or better yet as the greatest meme player to grace the SHL.

[Image: shepard.png][Image: giphy.gif][Image: TFOzBaZ.gif]

Thanks to @FlappyGiraffe and @ToeDragon84 for the making these sick sigs!

Quote:                            First Goal (3rd Game): Commander Shepard 1 (Nick Brain 1, Noah Gallagher 2) at 8:48

I fully expect my player to end up being just mediocre, and that is totally okay. I think the change to FHM will effect me negatively. We do not know what the best build will be and I do not know the best way to build my own player, let alone a player to play for multiple seasons. I hope that I can be at least somewhat effect in order to not completely tarnish my players legacy. I think I will more so be known for my achievements as a general manager than I ever will as a player.

Ultimately my best chance to achieve something will be being a different player than everyone else, the same way Danny Bananas Foster carved out a legacy for himself as an enforcer in a league that never had a good one.

I am truly hopeful my defensive build can build me a legacy of being a great defender in this league for many years to come.

[Image: LB6bY06.gif] [Image: tanner.png]

In future I mostly only care enough to set all family members up for rest of life to live comfortably. While awards and other things are important, what is more important to me is I play for as long as possible. I will look to make most of next two years with Colorado Raptors, as though we yet again did not go anywhere in playoffs, future is very bright and we have big potential in future. At the moment I do not care about SHL as I want to think more in moment. At end of day, I would like to see number hanging from rafters in Colorado, and like all players I would want to see my name in hall of fame, but at the end of day if player is remembered I will be happy. I would like to see more appreciation in league for defensive players and goalies.

[Image: Duff101.gif]
Credit to Geck, Ragnar and Juni for sigs

Ideally at the end of my career my players legacy will be a great one as obviously the best Smeb but also a Hall of Fame player with many award and achievements both team wise and individually as i hopefully can be remembered along with others as a major piece in Chicago history that helps lead them to several cups. Breaking and making some records would also be nice. My player is just starting to enter the top tier of players finishing with a solid 54 points and i'd say I'd be known for my ton of assists but with the FHM switch looming who knows if my players play style and build will be even remotely the same or what mine and others point production as well as other stats will be like in this new exciting era. Perhaps it also means its a shot to make new records which would be interesting and exciting as my player is just reaching its prime a few seasons away from regression

[Image: Kylrad2.gif]
[Image: Kylrad.gif]

Crudelli has only been in the league for a very short period of time, therefore it is yet to be determined what will come of Crudelli's short career in the SHL. But if we can use any of his career to have any indication of what is possible, we can see that Crudelli continues to impress and continue to be productive. Crudelli continues to work extremely hard in the off season and these short seasons that have had the Jets miss the playoffs completely or lost in the first round of the playoffs have made Crudelli hungry for more. He projects to be on the top line for the Jets for the foreseeable future so Crudelli can definitely be projected to be an instrumental part of the Jets core. It is too early to tell if Crudelli has the ability to be a Hall of Fame worthy player. But it goes without saying that if he continues down the path of greatness, it isn't out of the question.

Code:
168 words

[Image: RBQhWRP.png]
[Image: sLnhTvh.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 03-02-2020, 12:37 AM by Wiad.)

[Image: 2AlDrmW.png]

Player Updates
Player Page
Twitter

My players legacy better be amazing. I mean I want to have my number retired throughout the SHL as I will have had one of the greatest careers in the simulation hockey league that anyone has ever seen. I want to finish my career with the specters and have a patch on the specter’s jersey for the rest of the time that they are a team. On a more modest level; I want to be recognized by the youth of the game as I am one of the players that they looked at and said I can be that. I want to generate interest in this game for the youth as they are the future of the game. I want to be seen as not just the greatest show on ice but also a great team mate and a good leader on and off the ice; because legends never die.

Vadim Askerov Player Page
Vadim Askerov Update Thread