Create Account

S52 PT #5 - The Anthology Vol. IV

Quote:"When I finally hang up my skates I hope that my legacy is one of a player who did what his team asked of him and helped lead his teammates to championships. While I was fortunate and honored to be put in a position by my teammates and leadership in Anaheim to win a Esa Anrikkanen, personal accomplishments are not of high importance to me. I'm one of a lucky few who get to lace up skates everyday and play a game that I love for a living. I'm not taking tomorrow or next season for granted and my focus in this moment is on doing everything that I can to help the Outlaws to a cup. If and when I do get the call to the SHL the team name and teammates may change, but my focus won't. I'm hungry to win. If there's one thing that I hope to be remembered for when I finally hang them up, it's my competitive spirit."
- Rhys Pritchard on what he wants to be remembered for at the end of his career.

Code:
188 words

[Image: notoriousTRON.gif]
Sig Cred: Carpy, ML, RainDelay, Donini & Geekusoid
[Image: gs89eGV.png]

Slap McShotty will be remembered as a loyal member of the Wolfpack. He will grow into one of their star players with spectacular point per game seasons, and will take home a few rings before all is said and done. He will be remembered even more off the ice for his great personality, his wild interviews, and his edgy jokes. He is exactly the sort of guy you might want to be a hockey announcer afterward. He will also be remembered as one of their biggest steals as he has grown even beyond what most people expected at the time he was drafted. His legacy will be the reminder to work hard, and if he spends his whole career with the Wolfpack, he will get a hearty send off and a major ceremony to celebrate an incredible career. Who knows, he may even get his number retired if he can fight regression for long enough. He hopes he can battle his way to a long and heroic career.

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget

I'm not one of the truly old folks in the SHL, but I've also been around the block a few times. My goal was always to be one of the all time greats in terms of hits, while not going too crazy with penalty minutes and still scoring a fair amount. However, the shifting to a new sim engine certainly leaves some of those things up in the air. Will being a true checking forward be a huge detriment to my team? Will the defensive requirements necessary to be a good all around player hinder my hits or goals? Will I shift gears completely and be a true team player? I do want to keep some amount of hitting as part of my game, but the rest of those questions are tough to answer, meaning my legacy will be hard to say as well. Hopefully, I can still finish as one of the Wolfpack greats in terms of hits and even make the top 50 or so all time league wide, but it's tough to say for sure.

[Image: gotze_team_siggy.png]
[Image: lKRNHAn.png]

Simmer claim

[Image: Kalakar1.gif]

I think in the little amount of time I have been involved in the pros, I have already created a pretty good legacy and stories on the site. The 2 main ones that I could think of off the top of my head is

1) Going to free agency at the end of my rookie contract. There was a lot of talk once that was announced and once my decision was made. I disappointed a lot of people in tampa, brought a lot of cheers to new orleans and forsure raised some eyebrows around the league by that decision. A lot of people were quick to assume that something had happened in the lockerrom in tampa bay but that really was not the case. Was fun to see what you guys were thinking was going on in my head at that moment.

2) The 3 peat in the juniors with 3 different teams, but 2 different organizations. It was a rare thing to do in the SHL, I am not even sure how many times it has been done by someone but it put me down in SHL history and for that I am glad. I can be remembered for something, for being an impact player for teams and especially in the playoffs. I had killed it when the second season started AKA the playoffs and was always in the mentions for Playoff MVP. So that clutch gene and winner can always be attached to my players name

[Image: Bruins10.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic , @Ragnar and @sulovilen for the sexy Signature

I want me legacy to be as a hockey player is someone who worked hard at what he did. He played hard on both sides and gave his all every single game, battled for every puck and had the high end talent. I want to be remembered for a cup win if I can get that for Manhattan, and getting Gold for Czechia, making their only Gold since existance for the IIHF. For the user side of things, I want my first player to be remembered for having a ton of TPE, I know I probably wont have the best career of the S43 class, but I want to be one of the longest in the class. I want to be remembed for hitting 2k and eventually 2.1k and being the only one in the class to hit 2.1k. My final legacy I want with my user is one of great dedication to the site, and bringing something unique and fun to the server.

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

(This post was last modified: 02-24-2020, 11:56 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

[Image: sqzYY1j.png]

I remember all that time Esa spent explaining this SHL thing to me.. i asked a ton of questions and at some point this SIM stuff began to click in and i recall saying to Esa that this all sounds awesome and you can bet that Mike Izzy will become a hall of famer! From that day on that was the goal and as i now finish up my 18th season i think that's probably a given at this point. I dont want to get ahead of myself but im proud to say that Mike Izzy has run close to a perfect race... he ended with the 4th highest TPE total in league history and has never once wavered in his tpe numbers, even during the hard regression seasons where its easy to get discouraged and give up.

Statistically Mike Izzy should end up with records that will set the new standard for the power and 2 way forward positions.. at this point (with a healthy 1525 tpe remaining) Izzy has 9 Jeff Dar nominations which is the most ever for any 1 award... 14 nominations in total winning 5 SHL awards.. Izzy is the only player in league history to boast 50+ points and 200+ hits in 3 consecutive seasons. I participated in 5 Challenge Cup series winning 3 championships, 2 of those ended in playoff MVP nominations and 1 playoff MVP winner where Izzy broke the all time playoff points total with 32 in 20 games in a remarkable 3 games to 0 comeback win in the challenge cup. Izzy was Captain of the greatest franchise for 10 seasons and what may end up being the biggest legacy piece... i'm just 294 hits shy of breaking Taylor McDavids illustrious all time hits total at 3434.. a record that's held for close to 30 seasons. Within these accolades Mike Izzy never played on bad teams where his stats can be padded.

When its all said and done i believe the Augment will go down as one of, if not the greatest power and 2 way forward to ever lace up an shl skate and in the conversation as one of the best players of all time. It's been a great career and i'm really proud and thankful of that!

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

Not gonna lie, unless he has a huge increase in performance quality over the next couple of seasons (which I don't forsee hapening) Leo Lockhart's legacy will probably be that he was drafted at first overall, and then was only mediocre for his entire career. Season 52 has been his best season to date, but it's not what anyone would call award winning. His most notable accomplishment has been scoring 12 power play goals in one season. He's an offensive defenseman, and neither his offensive stats nor his defensive ones are that impressive (aside from the aforementioned power play success). I wouldn't say he's a bust, but I don't think he's reached his full potential and he's running out of time to do so before regression hits. I guess we'll see what the new SIM engine does for him in terms of productivity, but I'm not going to hold my breath. Or maybe my expectations are just too high, coming off of a previous player who was a HOF forward.

[Image: 45029_v.gif]

Sigs by: King, Tweedledunn, Me
Player Page|Twitter|Update Page

Ideally, Olivier will end his career having won a Challenge Cup and perhaps having been nominated for a couple individual awards - maybe he'll actually lead in scoring some season. Besides being a star sniper, Olivier hopes to be remembered in the league for his excellent leadership skills, his sportsmanship, and his general friendliness. He prides himself on being a positive and uplifting influence in the locker room and enjoys making friends in the league beyond his teammates. Off the ice, he wants to have made a difference to the league and to society in general through his work with pride organizations and faith institutions in the city where he plays. He wants to help ensure that young queer hockey players, especially religious ones, don't feel they have to choose between any aspects of their identities in order to achieve their dreams and live full lives. Glitter and pride, baby, that's Olivier's legacy.

[Image: thistidalwave.gif]

ArmadaUkSpecters
Player | Updates

Three letters. M. V. P. 
That's my expectations. Look, I know that can be a big thing to throw around here, and people will roll their eyes, but you know what? Got the cup my first year even playing. So you know it's only going to go up from here. What's the goal record? I'll take it. Assist record? I'll take that too. Al Kayhall is here to be the end all be all of players. Coveted on fantasy leagues, signing jerseys, and rolling with Swedish supermodels. (I just became Swedish a few weeks ago, and it wasn't for the food if you know what I mean. Anyways, I gotta go win some playoff games and see about getting that four star cup, and then I will need to roll to go help my other team out with the challenge cup. It never stops for all stars. See ya around at the celebration ceremonies!
160 words.

[Image: sfOMki5.png]

I want Hugh Jazz to be known for having a big ass you know. I think being known as having a big ass like crosby or st.louis will be great for his legacy, this guys were thicc as hell and Hugh Jazz works hard every day to be like them. He wants to be hard to get knocked off the puck, he wants a great first step, and be one of the greatest power forwards that the league has ever seen and Having a big ass will help him become that player for Hamilton. I know this might be a weird thing to have as a legacy but you know I think it fits the player of Hugh Jazz very well, this is something that he works hard to get and it takes a lot of effort and energy to be thicc like hugh jazz. I don't think any other player can do this.

Not only do I plan on being the highest tpe goalie in shl history (so far), I also plan on being the longest playing. I am just finishing up my 7th season in the league and im gunning for McFadden/Hocolates record. I plan on fighting regression hard, and will try to be a useful goalie for many seasons to come. I've all but given up gunning for individual awards, and if I get them I get them, but I'd really like to get my name on some cups. I believe NOLA is giving me the best chance to do so. We are still a powerhouse with many players in their prime and we will continue to ravage the league for seasons to come, moving into the FHM era. I think we will do a great job and when all is said and done I hope Cain is remembered not as swiss cheese, but as a brick wall.

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

Igor does not expect to make a giant impact on the league, or even his team. Although he kind of does, he does not expect to be a stellar player. Igor just hopes that he is remembered as a fun player to be around (mostly). Idealistically, Igor would be remembered as one of the greats of hockey, but both he and I know what that is not going to happen. Instead, he will most likely be remembered as an average player. Nothing too good, nothing too bad. Just average. A quickly forgotten player lest you're a historian. And Igor's okay with that. He's not sure what he'll do once his hockey career is over. When that day comes, that day will come. IN the meantime, Igor will just do what Igor does - playing hockey with his teammates, enjoying (almost) every last second of it, until that fateful day comes.

[Image: x9gTXZa.gif]

S48 Four Star Cup Champion (Vancouver Whalers)

He gave it his all on the ice and in the locker room. That’s how I hope Elijah Jones is described by all the historians in the future. It’s best to control the narrative, and I want to shape how others remember me, but at the end of the day, it’s my actions that will speak about me. I need to get some hardware so that it’s favorable. There’s still a lot of time where my career can falter off and I can be considered a bust. We’ll have to see what happens, the next few seasons are perhaps the most important in terms of my development. As I looked to fight my way into a role in the top-six, I’ll have to impress the coaching staff and win over the scouts. There’s a lot of work left to do for me to get to my legacy that I desire. It’ll take a great deal of effort, but we’ll get there.

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]

Newfoundland Berserkers defenseman Akira Ren has yet to make his leap to the big leagues, yet he is already aiming to leave a legacy in the league. He hopes when he makes his debut next season, he will have a strong rookie season and hopefully win rookie of the year! It will be tough especially with the SHL “moving to a new ruleset” but he is confident in his abilities as a two-way player. After that he aims to be franchise defender for the Chicago Syndicate for many seasons to come. During his career he aims to win multiple cups, several top defender awards, and score a ton of points while playing a solid two-way game. He hopes to play at a high level for a long time and when he retires to hopefully find a spot in the hall of fame. His agent has represented two Hall of Famers already in Shawn Velevra and Luke Atmey and he hopes to make a similar mark as they did.

[Image: 60354_s.gif  ]
[Image: 1yZYUXK.gif]
Sig Credits: Gorlab and Kylrad