Create Account

S52 PT #5 - The Anthology Vol. IV

"When I finally put up my skates for good, I already know the legacy I want to have left behind.  I was the first in my draft class (Season 52) to get the call to the big leagues.  I want to be the first from my draft class to join the Quadruple Gold club, which is monumental in itself.  I want to be the first in my draft class to end up in the hall of fame.  I also want to be the oldest person drafted to do so, at least from the old Anaheim club.  In the history of the SHL there has always been great goalies, and many of them have gone on to be...legendary in the Hall.

Yet despite all the nominations and awards and minutes between the pipes, there's one thing that all of them have in common.

None of them, were me."

(159 Words)

I really would like to think that the career that lies ahead for Kaarlo will be the best out of all the players I’ve made before. It’s been a great season in the SMJHL for Kaarlo and it’s allowed me to expand my ambitions a little bit. Given an MVP season in the junior league, it’s made me wonder why the same thing is not possible in the SHL. Although with a new sim engine ahead and various other changes it’ll be hard to say Kaarlo is in line for an amazing career, but I really hope he makes it to the Hall of Fame. I don’t know if I’m going to recreate again in the SHL, so maybe this is my last chance to make the kind of player I’ve always wanted to. I need awards, I need cups, I need everything and I want to try and walk this road to greatness one last time.

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

By the end of Noah Nystrom's career, I'm hoping for a legacy of excellence on and off the ice. Obviously, I want him to win and for Nystrom to win awards and accolades. However, I think being a good locker room presence is just as important. Helping new guys and the team overall has always been one of my calling cards. In terms of on the ice play, Nystrom will likely never be the offensive driver of the defense. Instead, Nystrom has carved a nice place out for himself with his responsible two-way play. With physical play, emphasis on responsible hockey, and a tough style of attacking the puck, Nystrom has and will continue to be one of the hardest defenseman to play against in the game. Just this season in the SMJHL for Kelowna, Nystrom led the Knights in hits, was 3rd in =/-, and tied for 3rd in shots blocked. This trend will likely continue to increase as Nystrom grows his game in the upcoming seasons.

Legacy has always been important for me on CC2 and I will be honest when I say that I want to go down in history and be inducted into the Hall of Fame. Obviously my career has not exactly been stellar and I am lacking a lot of hardware but I do have one Dar trophy and may have another this season, but I do know I will be nominated since I just cracked #3 on the list for most hits by a player in this era during a single season, and the only non-enforcer to be that high. Will a dar nom and one dar win be enough to get my name there, alongside the hits record? I do not know. We are changing how the game is being played and no one knows how it will turn out, and I doubt CC2 gets put forward for another all star team after this season or be near the top of the leader boards for any major category.

The switch comes at an awkward time, since these seasons are the most productive and I will have to undergo a massive change. I have decided on keeping the essence of CC2 the same, but he just won't be considered as good as he has been these past 2 seasons and I likely will not be able to maintain his magnificent production. CC2 is on pace for being #1 all time on the hits leader board and may have a trophy case build better than other power forwards in the Hall but we will have to wait and see. I have technically been overlooked and kept aside for seasons before this past one but I need to keep enduring and hopefully look productive enough in a new situation.

Doubt my jersey gets retired anywhere, especially if I leave Chicago via Free Agency so I think a Razov would help my case. It all depends right? I want the HOF but this change may sting me if I just fall off a cliff, and it will be really difficult to compare me to other HOF cases. I was on pace to be one of the best physical forwards ever, but maybe no one will find out if I could actually do it.

380 Words

[Image: tuxpi-com-1618108119.jpg]

Wonderfull, I just finished my first SHL season with 22 points, we are now switching to a new sim engine that I know nothing about and then I have to talk about how my career would end. Honestly, I don't even expect that much great things from Vorian Atreides. He might retire without any big accolades after his name and to be honest, I would be fine with that. Vorian already has won what matters most and that is that he got to experience this lovely game. He has fallen in love with hockey since his start in the SMJHL and after playing for one season with the Panthers, that is all he can dream off for his career.

So when my time is come, I hope I can still retire a Panther and hopefully also contribute a bit for the team in the meantime. With FHM lurking around the corner there is nothing to expect yet and we will have to see what will happen.

Words: 167

[Image: m38.gif]
Update Thread - Player Page
Update Scale

Former players:
Ivo Willems (S9 SMJHL) (S10-28 SHL)  
Xander Green  (S33-35 SMJHL) (S36-47 SHL)
Vorian Atreides (S49-51 SMJHL) (S52-61 SHL)

I think Darnell will be remembered as a better coach than player. After retiring as a player, I expect Darnell to step into coaching or management, or perhaps into media. There's already plans for an alumni media brand where Darnell will interview players and coaches and stuff like that. As far as players go, there are plenty better than him, even some that he helped mentor in Anchorage and New Orleans. Hopefully one day the league will be able to look back on Darnell Johnson and think that he did his best while he could, and that he was sort of a father/coach figure to a generation of players.

Failing that, they'll probably remember me for wanting to fuck everyone's wives or significant others, or for some of the weird, sad and disgusting stories I've told on the podcast. It's really a toss-up at this point.

[Image: Screen_Shot_2020-07-07_at_12.29.58_PM.png]

Looking back at an illustrious career is always a fun exercise.  It is even more so when you think about Guy O'Shea, the great bearded Irish defenseman who helped bring so much glory to both club and country.  Nobody is sure how it happened, but Ireland has produced more top talent in the last decade than any other country.  They routinely win international championships and have established a pipeline of talent that stretches a mile long.  Many of those players grew up watching and emulating Guy O'Shea.

Many would call him a offensive defenseman and you would be hard to argue as he's about to retire as the games all time leading goal scorer.  He was also a great defender in his own right.  Never one of the most physical, he would rely on his elite level skating ability to separate opponents from the puck and was equally hard to steal the puck from with solid hands.  A sure fire lock for the Hall of Fame.

Code:
169 Words

[Image: kpALfz6.jpg]
Gritty McGritterson Player Page
Gritty McGritterson Update Page

S53 Four Star Cup Champion- Detroit Falcons
S56 Challenge Cup Champion - Hamilton Steelhawks

PBE PT

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

PBE +3

[Image: traphag2.gif]
(sigs courtesy of Carpy48, BDonini, Turd Ferguson, FlappyGiraffe, and Sulovilen)

Thus far in Cassius Darrow’s career, I believe we can all say he’s been a good, if never outstanding, defenseman in this league. He’s played a lot of tough minutes in all situations, but has never broken in as one of the “elite” defenders in the SHL. The switch to FHM should change that.

Darrow is heading into the pinnacle of his prime. In the next 4-5 seasons, I think we will see Cassius Darrow assert himself as one of the league’s best players, not just defensemen. I believe he’ll see himself recognized as finalists for both the Stevens and Biscuit awards at least once for his standing as a premiere two-way defender. As his career continues, his role will no doubt change as he ages and his game has to adjust to keep up with his younger peers.

When all is said and done, Cassius Darrow will be one of the best German players to ever make the SHL, and continue on as a great ambassador of the game. He should add at least one more appearance in the Challenge Cup Finals with Buffalo, and hopefully add a third Cup to his resume. He will step up leaderboards and, while he might not set league records, he’ll move into the top 10 in some categories and be a first-ballot Hall of Famer.

Beyond that, who knows what the future holds?

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

Goku entered the SHL as the 5th Overall Pick to the San Francisco Pride. After spending another season in the SMJHL he made his debut in S44. He struggled for a couple seasons until finally starting to break out 5 seasons in. However, his play slumped and San Fran decided to make a trade and send him to Winnipeg to finish the season. Goku was then a Free Agent and signed for 2 seasons with the Manhattan Rage. In S52 he played for Winnipeg again, signing as a Free Agent. With family connections in management, Goku is likely going to end his career in Winnipeg. He has never had the type of high quality offensive output that was expected of him, but he is a legitimate top line player and has put up 40+ points 3 times in his career. He is beginning regression now, although it does not seem that long ago that he was drafted! He should be able to compete as a top 6 player for another 4 to 5 seasons, after that he will have to decide whether to be a mediocre old-timer or hang them up and let the next generation begin. The two goals Muerto still wants to achieve are a Challenge Cup victory and an all-star season.

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies     S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK     Grizzlies

(This post was last modified: 02-26-2020, 07:31 AM by Nictox.)

I have not thought about the future too much, I feel like I still have seasons left in me. I know I will not be able to play in the league forever, I have accepted that, but plans for the future? Oh boy, I just do not know. I think once I hang the skates up I will start coaching or maybe even becoming a GM for a team. In any case, that is many seasons away. I am sure I will look back one day on my career and smile knowing I gave it everything I had for a team I love. I hope to be one of the greatest Specters to ever play for New Orleans. I want to see my name on the best of lists that will surely come out. Will I be the best player in my draft class? Probably not, but I am working hard towards that every day.

[155]

[Image: Niktox.gif]
Monarchs Berserkers Scarecrows [Image: italian-flag.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=tO...eKFgvtgqU=]

Specters Armada Scarecrows Czechia
Panthers Specters Jets Scarecrows Usa [Image: 4star.png] [Image: challengecup.png] [Image: challengecup.png]
RIP Dangel #AD26

CW at NSFL Affiliation Under youngcricket

[Image: dakiller11.gif]
somebody please make me a sig

[Image: 3GPkvXN.png]

[Image: first.png]
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img][img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img]
Maxime Bouchard
Armada Dragons Info - Updates  Dragons Armada
Richard Dickbutt McFudderdudder II
Armada Info - Updates Armada

Tom Fiddler will be regarded as a workhorse center who can dominate at both ends of the ice. He may not get to 2000 TPE like some others, but Tom Fiddler knows its not all about the amount of TPE you have, but how you build your skills. Tom Fiddler is already putting time at the gym and on the ice to increase his skating ability, because he knows most of the league will dumpster their build this coming season by being all about shooting and passing, but forgetting their weak little legs cant carry them to the finish. Or he's wrong, and everyone will be way faster and agile than him. At the end of the day, Tom Fiddler's legacy will be that of a fringe Hall of Famer, that people will argue the merits of for decades, because despite his skill level (or lack of it), Tom Fiddler is everyone's favorite player.

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]