Create Account

S52 PT #5 - The Anthology Vol. IV

Prince Devitt will probably in his mid fifties to his early 60s before he decides to call it a career in the SHL, there's no way he'll heading back into the Squared Circle unless it's an advisory role or creative role with a Company. He'll be with the DBC until he decides to hang it up and pass on the reigns to a new group of Dragons that have potentially filtered Young Dragons Program that has been affect for the past few season since Devitt got drafted 9th overall by the Dragons in the S50 SHL Draft. It'll be interesting to see with him settling into more of a Shutdown Defencemen role in the Top 4 in the near future with the sim change from Simon T. to FHM as there a lot of getting used to for me as a user going being on Simon T. for just over 3 years and getting used to the kinks of it and sometimes messing up even when experienced.

[Image: Crossfit.gif]

[Image: CFJ1.gif]

Thanks to prettyburn, TML, Carpy, JNH, Jepox, Engi, Karey, Flappy, Skolpadder, Mook, DollarAndADream, Smirnov and Toe for the sigs.

Code:
Crossfit's First Career SHL Goal, 4. Manhattan Rage , Crossfit Jesus 1 (Pedro Sarantez, Nucky Toohoots) at 5:51

Code:
Devitt's First Career SHL Goal, 5. Calgary Dragons , Prince Devitt 1 (Barry Batsbak 21, Mike Izzy 14) at 10:43

Slip McScruff's legacy will be his consistency and longevity.  He's going to play until he gets cut, even if he's riding pine on the 3rd pair for his twilight years.  He's going to be one of those players that shows up 20 seasons deep and tells tales about walking uphill both ways in the snow.  It's something he's learned from his time so far with team USA, playing with legends like Jason Visser, Joe K, Terrance Nova, and Charles Walker.

He'd love to hold the record for something, but it's not terribly likely.  As a runner up, he'd like to at least break on to the all time leaderboards.  As a defensive defensemen, he'd have to crack the Hits and Blocks leaderboards.  At his current pace, he'd still need about 14 seasons for blocks and 10 seasons for hits to take the 20th place on either board.  Unfortunately, with the league moving to new rules soon, it's unclear how the records will be kept.  If our new rules result in dramatically more hits and / or blocks, he may crack the leaderboard but then be replaced by younger players who grow up in this new system.  If it goes the other way, he may never catch the current leaders.  It may just be something he has to hand on to his son or daughter in a couple dozen seasons.

[Image: scrufdaddy2.gif]
credit to Flappy, ToeDragon, and Carpy

Patriotes Stars Panthers Platoon Specters Platoon Panthers Specters Aurora Jets Usa Scarecrows

[Image: Tqabyfh.png][Image: UDyqktK.png][Image: 1DL5JDX.png]

When it comes to Danila and his dreams in the league, then I would say that the main goal is as any players - to become a champion. Danila is keen to win and likes to win, but at the same time he is humble and does not expect to be the best defensive defenseman in the league of all times or anything like that. He understands his place and his skills, so he has always set realistic goals instead of dreamy ones. During his career he wants to become the champion at least once, if it would happen that he holds the champion title more than once, that would be an extra of his dreams becoming true. None of the other awards or things do not matter to Danila, because coming in this league already was a big and massive dream come true moment and if he can top it with becoming a champion then that is all he needs. Whatever comes after is just a nice bonus.

Knights - Player Page - Update Page - Knights

[Image: 47963_s.gif]

Now I have a long way to go, but when I feel like it is time for me to hang up the skates, it's time! I know how important it is to break into the league and become a star so I will gladly help, mold and set the path for the young players after me. I hope that my career is long and successful enough to make my at home trophy display look crowded. Would love to take home first and foremost the Challenge Cup, maybe more than one, but would love to have won a number of Jeff Dar trophies, Ron Mexico and Sarmad Khan trophies as well. Want my teammates to have respect for me and help them the best I can! I hope, hope, hope to prove certain people wrong that doubted what I can do and said I went too high in my draft year.

As mentioned in @Mutedfaith anthology about the end of his career, he mentions playing alongside myself and @Capt_Blitzkrieg at the end of his career, well let's make it happen boys!!! Winning back-to-back cups, I cannot complain about that!

Falcons Falcons (188 words) Falcons Falcons

[Image: BnanaNWaffles.gif]
Sig by @Ragnar / Avatar by @leviadan
[Image: lIYTYDN.png]  [Image: qtbn8zh.png]  [Image: wu5MVvy.png]

PBE PT Affiliation

[Image: MrStennett08.gif]

Scarecrows Usa Blizzard Panthers Patriotes Stars

When everything is said and done, Pepperoni plans to end his career at or near the top of the all-time Blizzard record books. There's some pretty good players in Blizzard history and they're a long-standing franchise but Pepperoni believes he has the ability to be a great player for a long time. He wants to take home at least 2 more cups but would really like to challenge for the most cups all-time. It's a lofty goal but the Blizzard always seem to be in the mix and he's already been in 3 finals in 8 seasons. Pepperoni wants to suit up for more than 1,000 games with the Blizzard but he's going to keep playing with the double blue until the force him to retire. His prime years are just getting started and he's already had some historic seasons with the Blizzard, it would be an honour if one day he could join the hall of fame wearing only Blizzard colours. Only time will tell if his dreams can come true!

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points

Nick Connolly’s legacy would be that of not necessarily a great regular season performance, but being known as Mr. Clutch. In big games when it comes down to the wire or when a change of momentum is needed, Connolly’s name will be brought up in conversation for having a knack at finding the back of the net when his team needed it the most. Always the funny guy in the locker room, Nick would also be known for being a great teammate to rookies and vets alike. He always kept the mood light so when he spoke seriously, people would listen. He was always trying to get better every day and every practice as well. Throughout his time in college he was a hard worker and that hard working mentality never seemed to fade. He went into every practice and every game always looking to learn and get better for himself and his team.

[Image: xvPjYUR.png]
syndicate Outlaws Switzerland
(This post was last modified: 03-01-2020, 02:08 PM by Rich.)

It is still so early in Lane’s career. There is so little you have control over in STHS, but I think that may change a little in FHM. With Lundberg, I really wanted to take control of his career as best as I could given how STHS works. I saw how most users played the game, and wanted to do something different. Lane is going to go in a different direction. From the beginning, I wanted him to be a one team player. A face of the franchise type of guy, who could lead a team, statistically, for a long time. I don’t see him as the type to wear a letter, but we will see. As far as draft destinations, Toronto is a nearly perfect landing spot. At least in STHS, Lane would immediately be the 2nd best forward on the team, so the points would be there. The only difficulty with Toronto is living up to the standard set by previous stars on the team. Guys like Mikhail Lokitonov, Chris York, and Kristian Eriksson have set the bar extremely high. I will be very happy if I can put Lane in a position to be mentioned in the same sentence as those three.

[Image: RichSHL.gif]
Thanks to sulovilen for the sigs!
Adam Prpich Portal Link

Check out past episodes of Rich and Luke!

David Kastrba's legacy won't ever be awe inspiring to say the least... but he should have something that he can call his own. The current holder of the Manhattan Rage's hits record is Ace Redding with 1742 hits. Within the past few seasons Kastrba has coasted into second place on the leader board, dishing out roughly 1300 hits over his career. With Kastrba averaging over 100 hits a season, and showing no signs of slowing down in the near future, I feel as if there is a very strong possibility that he takes home that title. David's other numbers don't even compare to the talent that surrounds him but he is well liked for his physicality and team-player instincts, the kind of guy who wants nothing more than to see his teammates succeed, so to be immortalized even for a short time by holding a record for that team that he loves would be a great honor to him I'm sure.

I've done so much in my career in both the SHL and SMJHL. I got to win back to back 4 Star Cups with many amazing team mates in St. Louis, got drafted by Edmonton only to be traded days after to San Francisco. (Which upset me at the time, but I believe this was for the best, I and am glad I landed here with the Pride.) I know I am currently at my peak as a player and regression is about to begin for me and my fellow S43 Draftees, and this is my best shot at winning a Challenge Cup. Facing a team with many of my former SMJHL team mates in New Orleans is likely going to be my favorite moment in my SHL career. (regardless of the outcome.) One of our teams will be in the finals, so either way it goes, I know what I'll be pulling for in the Finals. Will I win an award, or make the Hal of Fame? At this point all I know is it doesn't matter, because I've had a hell of a time through it all.

*And I will always be able to say I was the first player to score a Short Handed goal against the New Orleans Specters in their history.  Biggrin

Whenever you play in the highest possible league against the best competition, you always want to be one of the best. I’d be lying if I said I didn’t wanna be one of the best SHLers to play the game, and I would love to be inducted in to the Hall of Fame.

That being said, Morgan’s career has been a little rocky to start. He has started out as being an average SHL player, and he has contributed decently well, but there is still room to grow. However, if I take the current look of Morgan’s career, I believe he’ll just end off his SHL career as an average SHLer. Nothing memorable but a decent contributor to his team’s success (or failures). Maybe something will change when switching over the FHM and Morgan becomes a force, but I will have to see it to believe it. At this stage in his career, I don’t think he’s going to make that much more of a significant impact and simply go out (eventually) as your typical SHLer.

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]

PBE Welfare Claim

(I feel so dirty doing that...)

[Image: KlusteR.gif]

Chiefs Monarchs Lions Berserkers Switzerland Blizzard pride Panthers Grizzlies

[Image: EePsAwN.png]    [Image: e0LuHwa.png]    [Image: eaex9S1.png]

Special thanks to @Carpy48, @Chevy, @Turd Ferguson, @fever95 and @enigmatic for the signatures!

Considering I just started my SHL career, my career can go anywhere. I'll don't think go down as one of the best players of all time but I do think I'll a career to be proud of. I think I'll have a few Championships with New England and maybe even somewhere else, I think I'll be helping mother Russia win some more medals. I've already won a Bronze with Russia, but now I really want a few Gold medals to go with it. When it's time to hang up my skates I think I will go down as a very solid player that can score goals and clutch goals, I think I'll be considered a player that can get a team of the hump to win Championships and is a solid sidekick to a team's superstar. But like I said my SHL career is just beginning, maybe I'll even surprise myself when it's all said and done.

[Image: DrbPYHV.png]   [Image: B4x6AQm.png]
Scarecrows Russia Wolfpack

Rest In Peace Dangel

1st SHL Goal - S52 Game 1 vs Tampa 3. New England Wolfpack , Jakub Bruchevski 1 (Eko Van Otter 1, Delver Fudgeson 2) at 8:10

Scarecrows Platoon Russia

[Image: F4iUWyS.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-01-2020, 03:38 PM by Leoben.)

Honestly, Kubinec will probably not be remembered.  He had two really good seasons in Halifax but he was never on a successful team.  He has been respectable on very lethargic Texas teams.  Some of that falls on him.  He's one of the highest scorers for the Renegades right now but might find himself with lesser minutes on better teams.  He has three seasons left before regression and by the time Texas are a force, and I mean a real force, he will be on the way down.  He will basically be remembered as a placeholder.  A late draft pick that has proven he should have been drafted earlier, but not much else.  When he hangs up the skates, he might get s pat on the back but his career will be remembered as anything but successful. But he doesn't care and that's the best part. He's proven to himself what he needed to prove and that's that he could hang with the best. To sum up his legacy in one word? Apathy.

[Image: ashford.png]

Whalers
[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

Renegades  raiders  Finland

At the end of his career, Oliver Cleary does not expect to have a name that will fully stick in the minds of people for years to come. Cleary has spent 5 seasons in the SHL. Is it completely impossible that he won't finally turn the corner and become a superstar defensemen from here on out? It's possible. But in all likelihood, Cleary will be known as a good shutdown defensemen. Though he has shown flashes of offensive potential, Cleary has never been able to sustain anything for seasons on end. His defence and toughness has always been the strengths of his game. Cleary has typically been on top of defensive advanced stats. Also, Cleary will be adding a second Turd Ferguson award this off-season. So overall, Cleary will be known as a tough as nails, shutdown defensemen who can chip in offensively. He will be a player forgotten with time.

Code:
151 words

[Image: theziegs.gif]
[Image: buster.gif]