takethehorizon 3/1

[Image: CillianKavanagh.png]

[Image: takethehorizon.gif]
[Image: IdMkYiH.png]

[Image: NIYtQkE.png] [Image: NjFSX1z.png]

This looks so sick, dude!

Stars Stars Stars
[Image: aumy3.png]

03-11-2020, 06:45 AMst4rface Wrote: This looks so sick, dude!

Thanks!

[Image: takethehorizon.gif]
[Image: IdMkYiH.png]

[Image: NIYtQkE.png] [Image: NjFSX1z.png]

Hi TTH, same protocol as your last submission.

Comments:

Strengths:
What I really like is the 'warm' color scheme, it gives it a very soft look, yet the face of the render is very sharp and works well as a focal point.
The limited palette really helps the image. The blur mask over the face and text looks very good, particularly with the depth created by blurring the softer parts of the jersey and the lion background.
The lighting highlights the render and the flare on the text looks fantastic.
The lighting, background, and render more than make up for it. Your sigs tend to be pretty blurry (by choice), and it gives this one a dreamlike quality that I think works really well.

Potential Improvements:
However, the text doesn't match the entire feeling I get from the sig. It both blends in too much and yet not enough and the SFP part is hard to read.
I don't like that the text disappears on the left side, I think it comes off a little weird that the end of the name is given much more visual priority than the beginning.
You tried to make the text look subtle, but I believe the font is probably not the best choice, because it looks aggressive and doesn't match the look of the sig.
I also don't like the transparency on SFP... Makes it very hard to read at a glance.
I would consider reworking the "San Francisco Pride" portion. Not pleasant to read. The font is the main issue for me, at this size, but doesn't help the borders bleed onto the jersey too.

Sig 1: 4.5 / 5

Total Payout:  $1.125M

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]