Create Account

Logo Improvement Request

Good afternoon! I'm looking for someone with more skills than me to help improve the current logo that I've been using for a proposed expansion team. I'd like to keep the core of the logo as it exists now but am happy to hear suggestions! Will pay in SHL bucks. If interested, feel free to DM me here on the site or on Discord at 39alaska39#2838

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52

03-02-2020, 03:40 PM39alaska39 Wrote: Good afternoon! I'm looking for someone with more skills than me to help improve the current logo that I've been using for a proposed expansion team. I'd like to keep the core of the logo as it exists now but am happy to hear suggestions! Will pay in SHL bucks. If interested, feel free to DM me here on the site or on Discord at 39alaska39#2838

Is it the one I think it is?

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

03-02-2020, 06:43 PMZoone16 Wrote:
03-02-2020, 03:40 PM39alaska39 Wrote: Good afternoon! I'm looking for someone with more skills than me to help improve the current logo that I've been using for a proposed expansion team. I'd like to keep the core of the logo as it exists now but am happy to hear suggestions! Will pay in SHL bucks. If interested, feel free to DM me here on the site or on Discord at 39alaska39#2838

The Grand return of Seattle

[Image: lebbish.gif]
(This post was last modified: 03-02-2020, 07:31 PM by Gwdjohnson.)

Surely there aren't actually plans for an expansion right as a Reddit class ages out AND we move to a new engine??

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

03-02-2020, 07:30 PMGwdjohnson Wrote: Surely there aren't actually plans for an expansion right as a Reddit class ages out AND we move to a new engine??
Yeah that would be pretty dumb if there was

[Image: Jepox.gif]

03-02-2020, 06:43 PMZoone16 Wrote:

Indeed it is, looking to make it a little closer to the team name

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52

03-02-2020, 07:30 PMGwdjohnson Wrote: Surely there aren't actually plans for an expansion right as a Reddit class ages out AND we move to a new engine??
Considering the SHL is considering a 17-man-roster rule*, we would need it no matter how large this next J class is if SMJHL teams have to align to that. We honestly needed expansion this past season, but fell just short right before.

*not confirmed at this point.

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

03-03-2020, 11:34 AMhhh81 Wrote:
Considering the SHL is considering a 17-man-roster rule*, we would need it no matter how large this next J class is if SMJHL teams have to align to that. We honestly needed expansion this past season, but fell just short right before.

*not confirmed at this point.

SMJHL should not ever do 17 man rosters.

-Everyone who has tested low stamina

03-03-2020, 12:16 PMgolden_apricot Wrote: SMJHL should not ever do 17 man rosters.

SMJHL GMs agree with you, by and large.

The number of new users who went inactive because teams didn't have spots/salary cap for them was saddening for me this season.

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

03-03-2020, 04:24 PMhhh81 Wrote:
03-03-2020, 12:16 PMgolden_apricot Wrote: SMJHL should not ever do 17 man rosters.

SMJHL GMs agree with you, by and large.

The number of new users who went inactive because teams didn't have spots/salary cap for them was saddening for me this season.

I mean i didnt see it as much, and the cap issues are a thing that likely needs to be fixed. Roster spots could have been filled by teams that had them and could have used the IA drop rule to get rid of a guy for a new FA, or at least i would have supported that move. I know you had an issue where IA guys came back mid season that also caused some issues that were worked out.

That said the combination of a reddit class moving up, and an engine switch that will cause problems that Im not sure HO can even forsee, it seems to me that expanding on a presumption of a large class is a poor decision.

In addition teams will be almost rolling 4 lines with a few of the builds i have seen due to rookies and such likely not investing enough into stamina early. (this is speculation on my part, but from what ive seen in projected builds for anchorage is not entirely wrong)