Create Account

S52 SMJHL CW

Task # 1  Falcons 
Playoff Game giveaway of the night are the Magnus Liljestrom Corn roasted puff’s action figure. Representing the second overall pick and the First road pick for the Detroit Falcons, we have the Roasted puff action figure. Complete with Slap shot Action from the up and coming rookie for the detroit falcons. This action figure was handed out at the second home game in Round 1 for the Detroit Falcons. Magnus has played a stellar season and helped the rookies secure a playoff spot. He was the Top Rookie defenseman this year with a total of 17 points and a plus 9 overall. Therefore, we created a Roasted Puff Action figure. This was made with recycled previously roasted corn puffs.

Task # 2
Round one in the playoffs would have gone down very differently if the matchup was against the Scarecrows. The real round one was a blast with the Falcons flying bast the Berserkers leaving nothing to chance. There was not a very large TPE difference between these two teams, it was a pretty fair matchup when you look from a TPE perspective. The Falcons with all of their success in the regular season would have had some tougher games had they been matched with the Scarecrows. When looking at the overall TPE, the Falcons would have been the underdogs in this contest. The Falcons were at an average 50 TPE deficit against the scarecrows which is quite the margin in the SMJHL. Simon T was also leaning in the Falcons favor during the first round of the playoffs which could have tipped the scales later in the playoffs had the falcons won the series. All in All, the Scarecrows would have most likely advanced to the second round from this matchup.

Task # 3
Who better to feature in this weeks column than theDetroit falcons Second round Picks Edward Williams and Fredrick Wanesly. These two were a dynamic duo from the pre-season and really gelled on the ice. Williams at Center and Wanesly at left wing. Their stats were almost identical; it was like they were related. Williams took the edge by 5 stat points in skating, a necessity for the heavy skating the center position requires. Wanesly makes those points up in Puck Handling and Scoring, important stats for a left winger. Williams also had more skill in faceoffs while Wanesley decided to focus on his penalty shots. At the end of the season, even though the two played almost exclusively on the same line, Williams outpaced Wanesly by 16 points due to the powerplay. The falcons needed a Center for their PP2 unit which really tallied a lot of points in the second half of the season. We are looking forward to see what this dynamic duo can pull off next season!!

Task # 4
“Zoltan, after being Eliminated in the second round of the playoffs, how do you think you played in your rookie Season for the Detroit Falcons?”.

Zoltan - You know Ms, Calamezzo, I couldn't be happier with how I played this year. Coming right out of college into the SMJHL I thought it would be a more difficult transition for me. I had a rough start to the season, but started to turn it around after our losing streak. We sat down as a group and just really talked about our game and how we could improve. Our Locker room was deflated but we didn’t let ourselves get down. Cal, Luke and Kaarlo really motivated us. They said “what do we have to lose”. We’re a good group of guys. The other teams may have more skill than we do, but we’re the stronger team! Lets fight our way to the top, and thats what we did. After that, the puck started to find me a little more often and the ice opened up. I was making those tape to tape passes and the shots just went into the net. I really appreciate the question ms. Calamezzo, but my Pastrami sandwich is waiting for me at home.

Task #5
I decided to spend the offseason with my parents in the Northeast US. Working out at the Local gym and frequenting my favorite pastrami and pickle spot are a regular occurance. I’ve been going on Hikes with my dog Nash and reflecting on the season. When not training and thinking about the upcoming draft, I’m playing SHL 20 on xbox and catching Pokemon on my switch. Wont that hop ever learn, that he will never be a Pokemon Champion like me? Best of all, I’ve been sleeping. There is nothing better than an afternoon nap after a good nights sleep.

[Image: topalo2.png] [Image: sig-nash.png]
[Image: Rangerjasegmailcom.gif]
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2020, 09:32 AM by trella.)

Task #1 - For game one of the second round versus the Anaheim Outlaws, the Carolina Kraken have decided to host a free life size Ambacas Cuddles bobblehead giveaway night. These bobbleheads will truly be life size, all seven feet and nine inches of him! We did not think about how this will effect the viewing pleasure of the fans in attendance as there will be thousands if seven foot nine bobbleheads blocking the viewers lines of sight. We also did not think about how the recipients of the bobbleheads will be able to take them home as many of them got to the game utilizing public transport.

Task #2 - Round one was a tough fight for the Carolina Kraken as they matched up against the Kelowna Knights, who matched up very well versus the Kraken and had all the advantages in test sims. The Kraken managed to squeak out a series victory in a grueling seven games. This was one of the hardest possible matchups for the Carolina Kraken, as the Kraken matched up very well versus most teams besides the Kelowna Knights. I think that any other team in the first round would have been a much easier series for the Carolina Kraken. In the regular season, the Kraken were dominant, tying the Detroit Falcons in points for the number one seed. If the Kraken had faced a team such as the Halifax Raiders or the St. Louis Scarecrows, I think the series would have been a clean sweep. Halifax is notoriously terrible and @Nictox sucks so easy win in my book.

Task #3 - In the series versus the Carolina Kraken and the Kelowna Knights, there is a plethora of talented players getting ready to make the jump to their respective SHL clubs. Both teams also made big moves in the draft picking up top prospects. For the Kelowna Knights, they were able to grab top forward prospect Rocco Berni. The Carolina Kraken were able to pick up many top prospects of their own, one of them being top defensive prospect Ambacas Cuddles. During the regular season, Rocco Berni was able to pick up a total of 6 goals and 16 assists for 22 points, not bad for a rookie season. He racked up a respectable 38 hits but was also a minus 3. Ambacas Cuddles impressed as a rookie defenseman, gathering a single goal and 20 assists for a total of 21 points. He was also a plus 14, had 51 hits, and 55 shots blocked.

Task #4 - Bob: Hey Ambacas, I am very sorry about your second round exit after the Anaheim Outlaws managed to sweep your team, the Carolina Kraken. Although it may not have ended the way you wanted, overall it was a great season for the Kraken and yourself. What are your thoughts on how the season went for you?

Ambacas: Well the series vs the Outlaws definitely did not go our way, but there are a lot of positives that the Kraken and I can take away from this season. We were pretty dominant during the regular season and we were able to score at will. Our goaltending was spectacular with veteran Mike Hroch and rookie netminder Frans Eller impressing in his first season. I also had a great season for myself, playing on the second pairing all season and getting a goal and 20 assist, as well as 50 plus shot blocks and hits. I was also named to the all star game and was named to the all rookie team.

Task #5 - With the offseason officially here and the season finally over, the SMJHL rookies are looking towards the SHL draft which is quickly approaching. I have some anxiety going into the draft for sure. To be honest, I have no idea where I am going to be drafted. I haven’t been contacted by many teams but I feel like I should be a relatively high pick in this draft. I have just about 65 million shl bucks in my account and I am top of the class in tpe. My player also had a great season with the Kraken. Draft day should be very interesting.

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

Task 1
If my organization had let me have a say in the creation of my own giveaway night I would definitely push for the organization to have a little bobblehead giveaway night. As a little kid going to Blue Jays games I loved the little bobbleheads they would give out at games every so often. I believe that this could get the younger fans really interested in the game and super into it, even if my name isn't really the best for kids to be saying. Bobbleheads have always been awesome and are the perfect gift for any sports fan, kids or even people just looking to decorate their rooms, it's an extremely versatile thing to hold a giveaway for and I believe it'd be awesome to give these out.

Task 2
I believe that whichever team had the misfortune of facing Kelowna in the 1st round could have been in a lot of trouble. The Knights are an extremely well-rounded team and the fact that Halifax could even get 2 games off Kelowna is rather incredible in my opinion. Led by fearless leader (and cutie) Ryan Shepard the Knights had a great roster from head to toe and could easily make quick work of any of the teams in the playoffs due to their depth and experience. On the other hand however, I question Halifax's ability to do anything in the playoffs. They struggled all season long and could never really get it going. The playoffs were bad for them and they could not even get a smile from our God, Simon Tremblay. From a former Halifax player I wish them all the best in their future endeavors, but for now, I really don't think they stood a chance against many teams in the SMJHL unfortunately.

Task 3
BATTLE OF THE STAR ROOKIES (Ft. Jack Kanoff and Steve Harrington) - SHL Mag
As we look forward to the SHL Draft I believe that Jack Kanoff and Steve Harrington will be two players taken high in the draft. Jack has the edge in TPE but Harrington easily knocks him out in activity (Forum and Discord) as well as bank as he has nearly 20 million (Possibly even more at this point). The Berserkers will be looking towards their top pick to help them out in a crucial playoff matchup against top seeded Detroit as they look to call an upset this early in the playoffs. Meanwhile Jack Kanoff has been on a tear towards the end of the season as well as the beginning of the playoffs, scoring multiple goals in the first round and being among the rookie leaders in playoff points, despite being a defenseman. This will be an interesting matchup that could really affect the league for years as the two look to go head to head for many seasons to come! Also in this edition of SHL Mag, feel free to turn the page for a special pack of SHL trading cards!

Task 4
Me? You want an interview with me? Well, if you insist! Well, the Detroit Falcons were coming into the season on an absolute tear, hot streak, whatever you call it, if it involved a team winning a lot of games, we had it. Despite initially being warned by Nour and Tig to not get our hopes high, our team managed to show up in the SMJHL regular season, securing that top season and all heading into the playoffs, all thanks to amazing players on our team, like MutedFaith and Dankoa, for instance. In fact in the second round we had absolutely stomped the shit out of the Berserkers and sent them home. It felt great, to score multiple times along with my first Game Winning Goal, it was a great feeling. Losing to St. Louis in 6 definitely left a sour taste in our mouths as we had come into the series with high expectations after coming off the regular season with the #1 seed and then sweeping the Berserkers. Maybe that was our fault but I do believe that was a very winnable series, but the puck just did not bounce our way.

Task 5
I will be playing football in the National Simulation Football League. I believe that it is crucial to keep your mind and body in check all season long and as a result I will keep everything in check by playing a similarly physically demanding sport. In order to protect my identity however, I will use a fake alias consisting of a character from one of my favorite shows, Prince Vegeta. I also believe that playing other sports can help you gain skills you otherwise would not have gained by playing hockey or training for hockey. As a result, while I'm enjoying myself in an ultra competitive league, I'll still be gaining skills and improving at a much higher rate than my peers.

[Image: jackkanoff.gif]

[Image: jeffiesigs.gif]
Nour is pretty hot ngl
(This post was last modified: 03-10-2020, 12:30 PM by Paq.)

Task #1 - Create a fan giveaway item to be handed out at one of your team's playoff games (can be a rally towel, foam finger, bobble head, etc.)
This post-season, the first 1,000 fans through the gates at the St. Louis Scarecrows' arena will receive a burlap sack! Not just an ordinary sack, though. This item will be made from the finest woven materials and will be screen printed with an evil scarecrow face, much like the team's logo. The sack will be designed to be worn as a mask, offering only a moderate reduction in oxygen intake when worn. They will be confiscated at the end of the game and implanted with anti-theft devices so the team can track down any wrong-doers who attempt to steal one. Why bother with the security? Obviously because it'd totally be worn by a sketchy murdering type if it ever escaped the stadium. So extreme precautions need to be taken. Although anyone who wears one too long would probably suffocate to death anyway. But you can't be too safe.

Task #2 - How would round 1 have gone down if the team matchups had been different? Which teams would be advancing to round 2? Would it have been more evenly matched? Less?
Round one would have gone down absolutely no different independent of the team matchups, unless, I guess, the two teams that advanced played each other. But in that scenario they would have tied every game so awesomely that the league would have no choice but to eliminate the winner of the other series and advance to two teams that originally advanced. Ok, maybe the team that won in round one that isn't St. Louis could be the loser. But the Scarecrows make it through in every possible timeline. They are just that good. I mean c'mon, they made it all the way to the finals and had what most believed to be a real puncher's chance against Anaheim. Some bad breaks cost them the series, but you can't win them all. Anyway, point is: nothing changes. St. Louis was the only team good enough to advance out of the first round and continue winning, and all other teams are cordially invited to suck it if they disagree.

Task #3 - Write a magazine style article OR make a magazine cover featuring a player comparison from any series matchup. You can compare player stats, etc. or get creative and compare their pregame superstitions or whatever.
Any magazine worth its salt would know that the only comparison between two players worth making in the entire SMJHL is between teammates Erben Kasius and Axel Mezsaros. And there is a clear winner in the competition: Erben Kasius. Yes, the Dutch defensemen is truly elite in every way that stinky Axel Mezsaros is not. Kasius has more TPE, out-earning Mezsaros by like ten TPE or something to this point in their respective careers. You have to acknowledge this very meaningful and useful difference between the two. Kasius is also the better goal scorer, putting ten goals in the net - roughly 1 goal for every TPE ahead of Mezsaros he is - while Mezsaros only scored 4 goals. Kasius also had 15 assists as compared to Mezsaros' 14. Additionally, Kasius was more willing to sacrifice for the good of the team, blocking 49 shots to Axel's 41. Hits are an unimportant stat that should remain ignored. So all in all, Kasius is clearly the better player.

Task #4 - Either write an interview with your player about your team's playoff hopes (or if you're on an eliminated team, an interview about your team's season in review) or create a program cover for one of the games in any playoff series.

Interviewer: Erben, you guys had a really great run this post-season, coming up just short in the finals. What do you think allowed this team to make a run like that as the number six seed in the playoffs?

Erben: Well, it all came down to how bitchin' our defensemen are. We have four pretty badass players occupying our top two lines defensively. Line one features the great Flash Gordon and the unimpressive but still alright Axel Mezsaros. Gordon really carried the weight for that line, dishing out a pretty ridiculous 38 assists. Meanwhile line two fucks. We've got me, who had 25 points in my rookie season, a real do-it-all offensive defensemen. And I'm paired with that french dude who's name I can't remember. And he makes up for my lack of physicality. He's just out there hitting people left and right, sometimes his own teammates. It's cool though.

Interviewer: Right but how did that help you guys make the run to the finals?

Erben: Did you listen to a word I just said. Our defensemen are bitchin'. You can't make it to the finals without a good defense. The best offense is a good defense. So we actually had a great offense and a great defense just by having a great defense. It's really pretty crazy when you think about it.

Interviewer: Forget this.

Erben: Appreciate it. See you next time.

Task #5 - It's officially the offseason. Whether you just won the cup or didn't even make the playoffs, it's time to take a break and look toward the SHL draft. Tell us how you're spending your time.
I'm spending my time waiting for this SHL draft everyone keeps raving about. Apparently I'll be picked to a team that is not the St. Louis Scarecrows, and that's just ok for me, dawg. I love the Scarecrows, but I'm also ready to start working with my pro team and taking my game to that next level. So I'm just preparing, trying to do everything I can to impress teams and make them want to pick me in the upcoming draft. With as early a pick as possible. The earlier I get taken the happier I'll be, so I have to really sell myself to achieve that. Not sell myself like as a sex worker or anything though. I'm sure plenty of lucky ladies - and men - would pay for that honor. But I mean sell myself as like a draft prospect.

[Image: xOtrQ61.gif]

Task #1 If I had the opportunity to pick one fan giveaway item for the playoffs I think I would give away Outlungus fat heads for all fans. Could you imagine how intimidating it would be for the away team to come into our building and see thousands of Outlungus' in the stands. Or imagine someone goes to the box for a penalty and there are all of these Outlungus fat heads pressed up against the box. That would make any grown man cry for sure. It for sure would have to be Game 5 of the 4 Star Cup. With the series on the line and we have the opportunity to clinch at home, they should be given out then. 119 words

Task #2 I'm not sure the seeding would have mattered a ton. There were 4 teams at the top and only 1 point separated 1 from 4. The only thing I think that would be different is if Colorado ended up at 4 instead of 3 and Anaheim slid up to 3, the Whalers maybe had a chance to win that first series with their stellar goaltending and defense. This could have had a trickle affect, but all year we had championship aspirations in Anaheim. I thought that whether or not we finished in first or last we had a team built for the playoffs and we would play our best puck. I think the biggest surprise would have been if the Scarecrows would have finished as a top 4 seed. Would they have been able to fend off the other teams seeded 5-8 and how would they have done playing against Anaheim in round 2? Would the LPLL penalties still have been an issue? Who knows. 165 words

Task #3 PBE affiliate

Task #4 "Hey Taylor. Congrats on wrapping up your first regular season and the Outlaws getting a bye into the second round. What are your thoughts on the teams chances in the post season?"

"Well it feels good to get the bye, but we obviously wanted the first seed. Our GM has been open and honest with us and keeps telling us we are a playoff hockey team. I don't want to say that we were coasting through the regular season, but we have been very focused and that has only intensified as we head into playoff hockey. As far as our chances I think we stand a good chance if we keep playing together."

"How are you preparing for road games? The atmosphere is completely different"

"Well I guess there really isn't anyway to prepare for it. I think I've been fairly composed for the most part this year. Even when it took  around 23 or so games to get my first point I didn't let it deter me. I'm excited to go on the road and play spoiler." 178 words

Task #5 I can't believe we won. I've been spoiled all year having such a great team around me. I wish I could have helped out more during the playoffs, but I can say I held my own. I came in as a free agent into the SMJHL so this is my first draft I will actually be a part of. I'm pretty nervous because I'm not sure where exactly I'll end up. I've had a few interviews, some good conversation, and I've been working on my craft since I will be on one of the top two lines next year for Anaheim. So no matter where I end up after this draft I'll be back in Anaheim trying to defend our cup. 121 words

[Image: 15Ng51w.png][Image: draNOgf.png]

(This post was last modified: 03-11-2020, 01:39 PM by chirpchirp.)

Task #1 
The first 1,000 fans to arrive for game 3 of the finals will get a signed picture of the Anaheim Outlaws rookies on their favorite ride at Disneyland. That's right, "It's a Small World". So be early to the game, because this will be the only time they get printed out. The entire team has agreed to sign the picture and each one is one of a kind. Some even have mustaches and other doodles drawn into the faces of the rookies. We tried to have the players keep the doodles on the pictures PG, but some of them got carried away, so we have separated them into two piles, one for ages 13+ and one for all ages. 

Task #2
It's possible the round 1 result could be different if the seeds were switched. I think Kelowna was going to win their matchup regardless of who they matched up with. They put up a good fight against a good Carolina team in round 2, and I think that is evidence that they would've beat Anchorage or Newfoundland. I also think Halifax was going to have trouble beating anyone this postseason. They were pretty inconsistent during the regular season, and never really showed that they could seize the moment and win when they needed to. So Kelowna and Newfoundland would still advance if the Berserkers matched up against the Raiders. But if Anchorage played round 1 against Halifax, then I think Kelowna and Anchorage would be the two teams moving on. If the latter was the case, I don't think anything would have changed in round 2 with the way Detroit played during that series.

Task #3 
Special Teams Propel Outlaws to Cup
In the SMJHL Finals, Anaheim was able to lean heavily on their exquisite special teams play to get them past St. Louis en route to securing the Four Star Cup. Throughout the five game series, the Outlaws drew a total of 24 penalties from the Scarecrows, and were fairly disciplined as they took just 15 penalties. Not only were they able to play a man up more often than St. Louis, but they were able to take advantage of their opportunities when they got them. The Outlaws converted on 29% of their powerplays, which accounted for a whopping 7 of their 15 goals on the series. Also, whenever Anaheim ended up in the penalty box, they were able to kill off the penalty. With their relentless pressure and denials of zone entries, the Outlaws were perfect on the penalty kill as they didn't let in a single goal on any of the 15 Scarecrow powerplays. This was the most notable difference in the series, but it wasn't too surprising as the Outlaws had killed off all 25 penalties they took against the Vancouver Whalers in round 2.

Task #4 
CC: What a performance from you and your Outlaws through these first few rounds. In your opinion, what's the biggest reason for your success?

ZT: We just really want to win. And we have been rolling recently. In this past series against Carolina we started to get to our game, getting pucks deep, moving our legs, getting in on the forecheck, you know? But we just gotta put our heads down and focus on this next series. There's still a lot of work to do!

CC: You got your first playoff goal back in game 1 against Carolina. How did it feel?

ZT: Of course it was a pretty special moment. I'm not usually known for scoring goals, but it's great to see one go in every once in a while. I'd normally much rather set one up for one of my teammates, but getting that first goal out of the way did feel great.

CC:  Thanks for taking the time to answer a few of my questions. Best of luck to you in the finals!

Task #5

For me there really won't be much of an offseason. Sure, we won the cup but getting that taste for it just makes me hungrier to get to work for next season. I'll be taking a few days to recharge and celebrate, but after that you have to put it behind you and get started with training for next season. I felt like I had a decent season this year, which carried into the playoffs, but there are a ton of things I can improve upon. I'm hoping to go high in the draft this year, but these things are unpredictable so I guess we will just have to wait and see. I'll just be happy to be part of any of these great organizations!

[Image: TF7ZTeC.png]
Ziggy Tambo - LW - Anaheim Outlaws

[Image: Yztckjo.png] [Image: PlcJv9V.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-11-2020, 12:44 PM by Lligma Broomstick.)

1. Playoff Whalers Puck.     

2.If round one was different if the Raiders played the Armada I would still believe the Raiders would still lose. Overall the Raiders struggled with offence and with a mediocre goaltending they would still not pass into the second round. Armada is a decent team and of course, would give the Raiders trouble in both offence and defence. Berserkers and Knights that would be a coin flip to who would make pass the round two. I would pick the Knights to beat the Berserkers looking that how they did keep up the Carolina in round two makes me believe they would put up a better fight. Berserkers are good team, but I think that when push comes to shove that the Knights will prevail. Only the Knights versus the Berserkers would most likely be an even match up. The Raiders was the weakest team this season, and I did not see results to change my mind that they were going to get a first-round exit.

3. The magazine-style would be for the Whalers versus Outlaw round two. For the Whalers player feature cover, it would be White Goodman and for the Outlaws feature player cover would be Kevin Robinson. White Goodman is known in the SMJHL as one of the best goalies in the junior league. Goodman's stats are 23 wins, 12 loses, and a 0.905 save percentage in this regular season. Kevin Robinson overall in the playoffs was one of the best in points and goals. Robinson is an incredible player in the regular season. He was best in his team with 20 goals and 28 assists in the regular season. The major players would be on the cover and inside the article was have information about the two teams like overall regular-season record, the overall best record face-to-face in the regular season, and of course player stats. 

5. JMac from the Detriot Falcons and I are at the golf course right now swinging at golf balls. My team lost in the second while his team exited in the round three so I told I would warm up his clubs until his team lost. Other than golf just relaxing. Flew home to chill at the pool sunbathing at the pool for a few days trying to get a bit more tan. I will eventually get back to ice and start training more and prepare for my second year in the league. I am excited for the next season as I am prepared now and know what to do better. 

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Task 1:

Well Anchorage, here we go again. Your Armada is back in the playoffs searching for its 2nd title in two years. We know that you believe in your defending champions well now you can prove it with this limited edition set of rally towels. These towels show memorable moments from last years playoffs, quotes from this years crop of playoffs and all new armada artwork designed by local artists to really bring home that Anchorage Pride. This set of towels will be given out at every home game of the playoffs and will be available for a limited time in the teams official store.

Task 2:

A lot of Anchorage Armada players wanted their first round opponent to be the St Louis Scarecrows. Not because of anything regarding playoff seeding and likeliness to win but because of the incredible story that these two teams were creating. Anyone who watched these two teams play in the regular season saw some of the most intense matches in recent history. They played with such fire and such passion that even fans were often left as exhausted as players just from watching them. One only needs to point to there Shootout game in the regular season to show just how dramatic these games could get.

As in regards to who would win, it would come down to who was in the net. In a close match up like this, the man between the pipes would make the difference. It would be close but the edge goes to the Armada in a 7 game series with the veteran Ian Venables in net

Task 3:

Danny White vs Jukka Timonen is a profoundly interesting match up going into this series. Both rookie defensemen, both had great regular seasons, and both looked to play a big role in the upcoming series. Hailing from Finland, Timonen was born in the nation of courage. Like all finnish skaters, he bodies Sisu, the trait that makes finnish skaters so dangerous to play against. He is a determined warrior who is willing to throw his body on the line to get the job done. White on the other hand, is a much more relaxed person and more chilled out. In fact many of his Anchorage teammates refer to him as the most relaxed guy in the room, even during game times. While he doesn’t throw the biggest hits, the skill is 100% there and that’s what makes him so dangerous to play against, when its game time he is all ready to go.

Task 4:

Santtu Rasanen was obviously extremely disappointed that his team was eliminated in the first round. He felt that the Armada played very well and were the victims of puck luck. It often happens when your team is playing well but the goals just aren’t coming, it can happen in Hockey. Santtu doesn’t, however linger on these kind of losses long:

This will happen a lot no matter where you play, you will suffer disappointment. You have two options to take after that point. You can either cry about it, complain about bad officiating and not take responsibility or you can get up, dust yourself off and work even harder in the offseason to make sure that never happens again. Naturally the way I am, I’m going with the second option.
Santtu believes that if the team has a good draft, they have a very good chance of making a run the next year especially with fellow rookies Braden Lowrie and Chris de Siren also making improvements this year

Task 5:

Rasanen allowed himself a couple of days to rest after the playoffs. Despite the disappointment of not getting to the finals and being eliminated in the first round, it was important that he rest up and allow his body to recover from what was a brutal playoff series against the Berserkers. Afterwards, he headed back home to Turku to visit family members, old friends and old coaches. He especially wanted to talk with junior coaches about what happened so that he didn’t make the same mistakes from before. Sources indicated that Rasanen could be seen the gyms and rinks of Turku, working out harder than ever to prepare for next year