Create Account

Updating Issue

So I came back like 4 weeks ago, and after creating my player I haven't been updated once. I understand that part of this is due to the shift to FHM, but I got picked up by HAL for playoffs and wasn't even updated then. Dunno if that's normal but if I've made a mistake anywhere along the line i'm going to have 4 weeks worth of shit to fix. My player is in Unassigned Player Updates so maybe that's why? Even then I feel like a player shouldn't go that long without being updated. I dunno, just my two cents.

[Image: zNTg4Ew.png]
thanks @suavemente !

It's up to your gms to move your updates to the correct subforum

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

03-09-2020, 12:03 PMSlashACM Wrote: It's up to your gms to move your updates to the correct subforum

Yes but even then Unassigned Player Updates is the area where I'm supposed to be because I go back into the draft, and I feel like since that's where new user's update threads go, and they're probably fairly likely to make mistakes on updates, its an area that should be updated with the same consistency the team player updates are.

thanks @suavemente !

03-09-2020, 12:06 PMJHS Wrote:
03-09-2020, 12:03 PMSlashACM Wrote: It's up to your gms to move your updates to the correct subforum

Yes but even then Unassigned Player Updates is the area where I'm supposed to be because I go back into the draft, and I feel like since that's where new user's update threads go, and they're probably fairly likely to make mistakes on updates, its an area that should be updated with the same consistency the team player updates are.

We've never updated that subforum in my over ten seasons as an updater. We update the team updates subforums

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

gotta be on a team to be updated, usually if you create early you have a bunch of AC+Training just waiting to be updated into your player Smile

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-09-2020, 01:07 PM by JHS.)

03-09-2020, 12:15 PMml002 Wrote:
03-09-2020, 12:06 PMJHS Wrote: Yes but even then Unassigned Player Updates is the area where I'm supposed to be because I go back into the draft, and I feel like since that's where new user's update threads go, and they're probably fairly likely to make mistakes on updates, its an area that should be updated with the same consistency the team player updates are.

We've never updated that subforum in my over ten seasons as an updater. We update the team updates subforums

Yeah I mean I went inactive before that period and never knew how updating worked back then either.

So I get now that my 4 week period was an anomaly due to not being moved, but I still dont think its a bad idea to have someone check over those updates in the lead up to the draft and give feedback if they’re wrong.

thanks @suavemente !

03-09-2020, 01:05 PMJHS Wrote:
03-09-2020, 12:15 PMml002 Wrote: We've never updated that subforum in my over ten seasons as an updater. We update the team updates subforums

Yeah I mean I went inactive before that period and never knew how updating worked back then either.

So I get now that my 4 week period was an anomaly due to not being moved, but I still dont think its a bad idea to have someone check over those updates in the lead up to the draft and give feedback if they’re wrong.

We just do that after they are drafted and are pretty lenient with first gens especially

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

03-09-2020, 01:16 PMml002 Wrote:
03-09-2020, 01:05 PMJHS Wrote: Yeah I mean I went inactive before that period and never knew how updating worked back then either.

We just do that after they are drafted and are pretty lenient with first gens especially

Really when i thought about it my gripes all pertained to the fact that ive been too lazy to check my math, so the current system makes sense.

Thanks for taking the time to respond though!

thanks @suavemente !