Create Account

Winnipeg Jets Punishment
(This post was last modified: 03-11-2020, 09:39 AM by nour.)

Hey SHL, hope the offseason is going okay so far.

So it's come to the attention of SHL HO that the Winnipeg Jets traded away an S53 Manhattan Rage 3rd in their recent trade with the Buffalo Stampede, which they didn't possess. It's sort of a long trade tree, but here's the timeline that lead to this situation:

1. Trade 1 - New England and Winnipeg are involved in a trade that sees New England's S53 3rd round selection head to Winnipeg.

2. Trade 2 - Winnipeg and Manhattan are involved in a trade that sees New England's S53 3rd round selection head to Manhattan

3. Trade 3 - Muerto becomes Winnipeg GM, Manhattan and Winnipeg are involved in a trade that sees New England's S53 3rd round selection head back to Winnipeg. At this point in the trade timeline, everything checks out. However, the pick tracker had the spreadsheet noted as Winnipeg receiving Manhattan's 3rd round selection in Trade #3, instead of getting the New England 3rd round selection that was noted in the thread. We believe that this is what led to the mistake made in Trade 4

4. Trade 4 - Buffalo and Winnipeg are involved in a trade that sees Manhattan's 3rd round selection head to Buffalo.

While this was an error from the pick tracker, it is the responsibility of the GMs to ensure that all trades are legitimate and all picks moved are actually owned.

The SHL Rulebook States:

Code:
If a GM trades a pick they do not possess at the time, they will lose their closest 3rd round pick. A second offence will result in the GM being fired.
- Section I, Subsection B, Rule 2

As such the ruling is as follows:

- The recent Buffalo-Winnipeg trade, denoted above as "Trade 4" is now voided. Buffalo will receive Kristoffer Svensson and their S53 1st round selection (14OA) back, and Winnipeg receives their S53 1st round selection (5OA) back.
- Per the rulebook, the Winnipeg Jets will forfeit their closest 3rd round pick, this currently being the S53 New England 3rd round pick, which ended up in Winnipeg through Trades 1-3, denoted above
- Manhattan's S53 3rd round pick remains their's, as it was never actually moved in the first place

In addition, the pick tracker @Serpe x 13 will receive a $1,000,000 fine for failing to input the correct pick received by Winnipeg in "Trade 3" denoted above.

Thank you and best of luck in the upcoming draft everyone,
SHL Head Office

@Muerto @StadiumGambler @WannabeFinn @Tomen @JayWhy @luketd

[Image: bjobin2.png]
[Image: 9tINabI.png][Image: c97iD9R.png]

**First GM in SMJHL history to win 3 Four Star Cups back-to-back-to-back**

Snap

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

Thanks for clearing it up nour, now I have to update my trade histories

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

cool

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies     S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK     Grizzlies

This trade being voided is more of a reward than a punishment for WPG kekw

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

Makes sense to me

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52

Fuck now where does Ace go in my mock......

Give back 5th OA

[Image: blurrybad.jpg] [Image: zomboy3.png]
Thank you Brandon, Fish, GeckoeyGecko, Karey, Kit, takethehorizon, and Ragnar for the sigs!
[Image: Pw202QP.jpeg]

Player Page || Update page

I'm not the only Swede on Buffalo anymore, feels good man!

RETIRED

Hey rookies I'm not incompetent, really!

You will love getting drafted to Jets

:cry:

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies     S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK     Grizzlies

Everyone here knows that this is Serpe's fault. It's fine.

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

03-10-2020, 10:22 AMMuerto Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

Ew keep that orange off here pls

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

nice offseason started quickly

Manhattan Rage | General Manager
[Image: sig-hlemyzd.png]
thanks Sulovilen for the sig!
D | Great Falls Grizzlies | Player Page | Update Page

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]
[Image: image.png]

uh oh spaghetti o's

[Image: first.png]
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img][img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img]
Maxime Bouchard
Armada Dragons Info - Updates  Dragons Armada
Richard Dickbutt McFudderdudder II
Armada Info - Updates Armada