Create Account

S53 Maine Timber Interested Prospects Thread

1. Your plans with your player? Who are you trying to build?

I am trying to build a Power Forward with an emphasis to pass first.

2. Do you have any previous experience with the Franchise Hockey Manager? (we are just interested whether we need to help you with the builds, don't be afraid to put in no)

None at all.

3. Do you have any plans regarding SHL? Do you prefer staying down or will you try to push your way up into the main stage?

I want to make it to the SHL, at least for my first player in the sim. Being in the top players up there would be amazing.

4. How much time do you expect to be putting into the league? Do you think you will be the top of the class guy or someone who takes it a bit easier?

I will probably be a bit above average. I wont no-life this by any means. This seems extremely cool, but I do have other priorities I need to handle.

5. How much do you think you would participate in our Discord LR? Also if possible include the link to your discord aswell, so we can invite you if we draft you ASAP.

I think I could contribute quite a bit. Peej#6996

6. Cats or dogs?

Dogs for sure, I love some basset hounds.

[Image: panico.png]

The plans with my player are to create a power forward/grinder-Dwight Knight.
2. Do you have any previous experience with the Franchise Hockey Manager? (we are just interested whether we need to help you with the builds, don't be afraid to put in no)
I do not have any experience with Franchise Hockey Manager.
3. Do you have any plans regarding SHL? Do you prefer staying down or will you try to push your way up into the main stage?
I will probably make a push for the SHL. 
4. How much time do you expect to be putting into the league? Do you think you will be the top of the class guy or someone who takes it a bit easier?
probably an hour or two a week.
5. How much do you think you would participate in our Discord LR? Also if possible include the link to your discord aswell, so we can invite you if we draft you ASAP.
I would participate in the Discord. DwightKnight#1030
6. Cats or dogs?

Dogs
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2020, 10:03 AM by honkerrs.)

Scoochie Stratton , goaltender. Don't really have an exact comp for him but I want him to be as competitive as Anton Khudobin but as flashy as someone like Holtby is at times or Quick was in his prime. Willing to do whatever though based off of mentorship of experienced players and team needs.

Nope, none at all. This is my first time.

Definitely want to play in the top level league if I'm able to but not expecting to be a starter right away since I've gotta learn the ropes of this sim game first. Goal is to be the best goaltender in the SHL

Really just depends. Not entirely sure how much time this league needs other than talking with the team and the weekly reqs I've read some about. With my job I work 10 hour days, 4 days a week and can't check phone too often so my talking will be random throughout the weekdays but evenings and weekends I will definitely be involved in convos. Because of My job and not being a very creative person I won't be creating much of the really interesting extra curricular content that goes on here unfortunately. I do have a math degree though and enjoy looking at data so could possibly be into those sort of things if there's a lot of that going on

See above response some for that answer.during the work days mon-thurs not much, but weekends and nights would definitely be active. Hopefully I can make up for my lack of being able to do media and stuff with my relaxed personality. I have been a recruiter for many guilds in my PC gaming life so that combined with being an ex college athlete (swam) I can get along with anyone. honkerrs#9675

6. Cats or dogs?
Both but gotta go with cats cause I currently own two with my fiance. One is named Jamie after Jamie benn (go stars)

Thanks for taking the time to read and feel free to reach out anytime on discord or forums

[Image: honkerrs.gif]
[Image: OPTIMIZED.png]

Build a great shooting player who is able to create quite a few chances for his team, Ovechkin. 

No

I plan on playing around 3 years in juniors. 

A couple of hours each week. Realistically I expect to be middle of the pack.

5. How much do you think you would participate in our Discord LR? Also if possible include the link to your discord as well, so we can invite you if we draft you ASAP.
Yes, SpontaneousCombustion#2627

6. Cats or dogs?

Dogs 
(This post was last modified: 03-13-2020, 03:54 AM by Dextaria.)

My plan for my right defenseman Ryosuke Sato is to be a mobile two way defenseman with strong skating, defensive, and puckhandling abilities. An NHL comparable would be Jared Spurgeon.

No and I am definitely interested in learning more.

I have a 3 season plan to be in the SMJHL and to move up to the SHL afterwards. This plan is flexible and may change in the future depending.

I expect to put in at least 3 hours a week into the league. I don't expect to be the top of the class guy but will be somewhere in the middle of the pack hopefully.

I'm relatively new to discord so it'll take some time to get used to it but afterwards I look forward to participating when I can (discord ID: DextariaRaikou#9767).

6. Cats or dogs?
Dogs

[Image: Dextaria.gif]

[Image: Niz2wua.png]  [Image: iB9r7kM.png]  [Image: 6by0kBi.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM, @Moreorless89 and @ValorX77 for the sigs!

- Become an underrated sniper. I've said I'd like my player to be a goal scoring Barkov.

- I have absolutely no experience at all.

- I want my player to develop to a point where he can jump into the SHL and make an impact. Not looking to rush anything, this is my first build so I really want to feel things out too.

- I cant quantify the time I put in but I will make the time that I can, quality. I'd like to be somewhere in the middle. I dont want to be too casual, I want to be competitive but I also wont be going nuts posting tons of media. 

- I will try to read all the messages and contribute when I can. Maybe as I get more comfortable I will be more active. Discord is CrazyMojito#1075

6. Cats or dogs?

- Both. Love dogs, but have two cats.

[Image: CrazyMojitoSHL.gif]
Canada Blizzard Stars Citadelles Citadelles Stars Blizzard Canada 
[Image: d9J5DHT.png][Image: 16PgOBm.png]

Goalie... My plans are to just focus on earning TPE and continuing to move forward with development.

Absolutely have experience.

I really would like to stay down til I'm ready for a starting position TPE wise.

Enough time to be in the top of the class. I'm not really planning on going after jobs, but updating and TPE scraping regularly.\

KWally#1313

6. Cats or dogs?
Dogs... Definitely Dogs.

[Image: Wally.png]

(This post was last modified: 03-13-2020, 03:44 PM by Jericson.)

I am planning on making a puck-moving defenseman who can be helpful getting the play going in the right direction.

I do not have any experience with Franchise Hockey Manager but have looked into how the stats and such work.

As of now, I am just looking at getting drafted and helping my SMJHL team to perform to their very best.

I plan on putting in the time necessary, be that an hour a week or an hour a day.

I am actually using Discord a lot as it is so I don't see that as being a problem whatsoever. Discord ID is Jericson#4348.

6. Cats or dogs?

[Image: original-25942-1427414325-9.jpg?downsize...size=360:*]

[Image: jericson112.gif]
[Image: 5p7vOwY.png][Image: NA3IV5m.png]

Im trying to build a Travis Zajac or Blake Coleman style player. A strong defensive minded center that still has a scoring touch. Play as part of a top tier PK and make life hard for opposing teams top lines.

None at all.

I plan to try and push for the SHL, but I have no qualms with staying in the SMJHL for as long as needed. Im ready to give 110% for what ever roster I'm currently with.

I plan to put in as much time as I can into this. I want to be a top of the class guy.

My discord is Cobbenstein#6732. I plan to be very active and involved in the community.

6. Cats or dogs?

Both to be honest, but if I have to pick only 1 it'd be dogs.

[Image: 1161116581909246052.gif][Image: cobb.png?ex=6576542e&is=6563df2e&hm=9cd2...40228abcd&][Image: 1161116581909246052.gif]
Thank you @Ragnar  for the Sig!
Previously: Patrick Shepherd (S52 - S64)

Positionally sound predictive goaltender with a good low game, like Carter Hart.

That's a negative.

No plans, I'm just trying to learn and develop and get there when I'm ready.

I'll put in my time, but it's only going to be a few nights a week as far as posts and stuff.  I'll always be on discord.  I'd like to be as good as I can be but I have a life and a job, so I'm not going to be a hyper tryhard.

I live on discord: skeleton sex party#6918

6. Cats or dogs?

i have 2 cats and i am about to have 4 cats starting this summer please send help.

[Image: x7WZYBT.gif]
[Image: hTAHbeC.png][Image: OaCJVMI.png] | [Image: pMYriGC.png]

I want to build a defensive asshole that causes a bunch of shit.

Very limited I've dicked around with a few older versions.

No idea.

Take it quite easy. Ride my 20M bank account.

I won't really be a discord guy.

6. Cats or dogs?

dogs and cats that act like dogs.

My goal is to be a big play defenseman (Top 2 ideally, but Top 4 is acceptable). Big shots, big hits, big goals, and big plays. Real Big

With prior versions (FHM 1-3) yes, and I'm very familiar with OOTP rating systems. But I would still like a bit of help with builds as I am still green to this league

If I can crack the SHL as a top 4 defenseman, I would like to be there. The goal is to be - at the very least - mentioned in every time HOF considerations go around. 

I have what it takes to be top class. But this season will really be about me getting a grasp on the league as an entity, and the players involved in it

I live and breathe on discord (thevoicelesscreator#0611), and I love locker room environments. 

6. Cats or dogs?

Dogs 100% of the way. But I love me some cuddly kitties

[Image: bouch22.jpg?ex=65381617&is=6525a117&hm=6...178839271&] [Image: VGl3CB4.png]

Build the best playmaking defenseman in FHM.

No, have not played it before and unfamiliar with the system. I will need advice going forward!

I've made a couple attempts at returning to the league. I need to make this one count. I want to get back up to the big leagues and find success!

I am going to do whatever I can to return to the point I once was. Going forward that means media, doing all PTs and cashing in on training.

On Discord all the time so I will make sure to become a core part of the community. Toast#1007

6. Cats or dogs?
Both are fantastic. Have one cat and one dog at home so I can't choose!

[Image: BrettBroadway.gif]
[Image: Hunter.png]

I'm planning on making a score first center, who will dominate the sturdy defensemen.

I am not :(

I honestly do not care, whatever my GMs want I'm willing to do.

I'm going to try to be a top earner in my class. Obviously joining late won't help me too much in that endeavor, but from now on I'll hit most of the TPE Opportunities, if not all. I have NSFL Affiliate to use, so that should help with PTs a lot.

5. How much do you think you would participate in our Discord LR? Also if possible include the link to your discord as well, so we can invite you if we draft you ASAP.

I would probably participate in the locker room way too much. I'm on Discord a ton (too much) so I'll almost always be around to chat. My Discord is Frostbite#8407

6. Cats or dogs?

Easy, cats. My former player was literally my cat, so this is a no brainer here.

[Image: zuck_1.jpg]
[Image: ddIlIkT.png][Image: Citadel-NAVY-Wavy-Line-65K.gif][Image: qzGJBye.png]

1. Your plans with your player? Who are you trying to build? Someone who can help run the offense from the point

Nope

I think probably 3 or 4 years in the jrs, depends on my shl team

I wanna try to be towards the top, but time will tell

I'm pretty active on discord, but I wanna go to Anchorage

6. Cats or dogs?
Why not both?

[Image: 49775_s.png]
Thanks to Budgie and Carpy for the sigs!

Player || Updates