Create Account

S53 Colorado Raptors Interested Prospects Thread

[Image: jYLSkDI.png]

Welcome to SHL! I'm hhh81, the General Manager of the Colorado Raptors, here to learn more about the newest potential members of our team. With us so close to our first season in FHM, I'm excited to see who will join us as we start on this new chapter for the site!

It's that time of the season again. I've provided a copy and paste-able code down below here with some questions for you to answer! Please provide your answers in the blanks under the questions and someone from our scouting staff will reach out with any further questions we have.

Code:
[b]1) What experiences, if any, do you have with the SHL or any other simulated sports league? Experience is not required, but we like to know![/b]

[b]2) Would you be interested in receiving further communication from a member of Colorado's front office? If yes, what is your Discord name? One of us will reach out to you shortly![/b]

[b]3) What type of player are you looking to build? Colorado has a slew of people ready to help you get the most from your first few seasons on the site.[/b]

[b]4) What exactly are your goals in the SHL? How are you liking the site so far?[/b]

[b]5) Give us your best pun[/b]

[b]6) This question is designed to be open ended. We like to keep the IP threads short because filling these out is lame. Tell us about yourself! Have a weird hobby? What games do you like to play? What other sports besides hockey do you enjoy? Get creative here! Dont just answer my lame example questions! We're interested in growing a fun and inclusive locker room based team culture in Colorado and we want to know if you'll be a good fit so this is potentially the most important question![/b]

As always any of you can message me directly either on site or on Discord and I'll be happy to help you however I can (hhh81#1323). I hope all of you enjoy the SHL and good luck at the draft!

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

1) What experiences, if any, do you have with the SHL or any other simulated sports league? Experience is not required, but we like to know! Well. I'm recreate so I know my way around SHL. Also im in PBE, VHL, EFL and SBA

2) Would you be interested in receiving further communication from a member of Colorado's front office? If yes, what is your Discord name? One of us will reach out to you shortly! Yeah. Snussu#8020

3) What type of player are you looking to build? Colorado has a slew of people ready to help you get the most from your first few seasons on the site. Shutdown Dman with Clapper. Probably focus on Defensive attributes first and then Clapping afterwards

4) What exactly are your goals in the SHL? How are you liking the site so far? Idk how to answer this as a Recreate. I guess my goals are to be a good player

5) Give us your best pun What did the Left eye say to the right eye? Something smells between us

6) This question is designed to be open ended. We like to keep the IP threads short because filling these out is lame. Tell us about yourself! Have a weird hobby? What games do you like to play? What other sports besides hockey do you enjoy? Get creative here! Dont just answer my lame example questions! We're interested in growing a fun and inclusive locker room based team culture in Colorado and we want to know if you'll be a good fit so this is potentially the most important question! Okay so. I play Baseball. I live in Finland. I play a lots of MLB on PS4. I like doing sigs, but i hate hockey renders bc they suck LUL

Finland Update Page  Interview  Player Page  Wolfpack

[Image: Snussu.gif]

Thanks to everyone made sigs to me!!!! (Gif made by myself)

1) What experiences, if any, do you have with the SHL or any other simulated sports league? Experience is not required, but we like to know!

I joined SHL 6 years ago, went inactive a couple years ago but while i was around I was super active, having been Whalers GM at one point (won a cup NABD), that was actually the season Colorado became a franchise. also helped start up that failed baseball sim some SHLers did back then.

2) Would you be interested in receiving further communication from a member of Colorado's front office? If yes, what is your Discord name? One of us will reach out to you shortly! Yeah i’d love that! its #JHS4848

3) What type of player are you looking to build? Colorado has a slew of people ready to help you get the most from your first few seasons on the site. I’m going for a Patrice Bergeron two way center with heavy focus on the two way to take advantage of the need for specialized centers in FHM.

4) What exactly are your goals in the SHL? How are you liking the site so far? Win cups, interact with teammates that become my friends every day, enjoy life.

5) Give us your best pun

Hat flew off my head, No Cap.

6) This question is designed to be open ended. We like to keep the IP threads short because filling these out is lame. Tell us about yourself! Have a weird hobby? What games do you like to play? What other sports besides hockey do you enjoy? Get creative here! Dont just answer my lame example questions! We're interested in growing a fun and inclusive locker room based team culture in Colorado and we want to know if you'll be a good fit so this is potentially the most important question!

Uh I live in Northern Arizona so i spend a lot of time hiking and camping, my buddies and I make up musical parodies for fun, my roomates and I have weekly mario kart wii tournaments, my favorite drink is a whisky sour and I have a scar on my wrist from falling off a snowmobile when I was three.

[Image: zNTg4Ew.png]
thanks @suavemente !

Code:
1) What experiences, if any, do you have with the SHL or any other simulated sports league? Experience is not required, but we like to know!
Simulated hockey leagues as GM, keeper leagues in draft style hockey pools and keeping all the files up to date with contracts and transactions.

2) Would you be interested in receiving further communication from a member of Colorado's front office? If yes, what is your Discord name? One of us will reach out to you shortly!
Yes sure snoopdogg#4629

3) What type of player are you looking to build? Colorado has a slew of people ready to help you get the most from your first few seasons on the site.
I've started building a plamaking center, the likes of Malkin. But I also want to better myself defensively. I've earned 18 TPE so far but have not allocated it anywhere yet. Waiting for team needs.

4) What exactly are your goals in the SHL? How are you liking the site so far?
My goals are simple but high, I want to win at every level and i want to be the best...if its even possible lol

5) Give us your best pun
"What happened to your face......did you get kicked in the ass?"

6) This question is designed to be open ended. We like to keep the IP threads short because filling these out is lame. Tell us about yourself! Have a weird hobby? What games do you like to play? What other sports besides hockey do you enjoy? Get creative here! Dont just answer my lame example questions! We're interested in growing a fun and inclusive locker room based team culture in Colorado and we want to know if you'll be a good fit so this is potentially the most important question!
Dam, honestly, I just do hockey. I'm not that interested in anything else.

[Image: Snoopdogg.gif]
    [Image: d9J5DHT.png]        norway      [Image: d9J5DHT.png]

I was here from the time S27 till S42. Before that, I have played in multiple different simleagues - different hockey simleague and basketball simleague. I would call my self a veteran. I have a lot of experience.

2) Would you be interested in receiving further communication from a member of Colorado's front office? If yes, what is your Discord name? One of us will reach out to you shortly!

Yes, of course. I am opened to talk, receive some information. I already added Colorado's GM on discord, but my discord is st4rface#9885 .

3) What type of player are you looking to build? Colorado has a slew of people ready to help you get the most from your first few seasons on the site.

I am trying to make a two-way defender. Priority is that he is a team player who helps team to win championship not personal trophies about goals and assists. Making him like Alex Pietrangelo at this moment (weight, height etc.).

My goals in the SHL is pretty simple. I wanna spend my first five years on SMJHL, so I can be better, get all possible TPE and when I am ready - go to SHL. One of the goals are definitely SMJHL championship and be great team player. After SMJHL - SHL championship, some personal achievements and more.

5) Give us your best pun

I am the pun.

Time have flied from my first SHL steps and now I am legal adult. I am living in Latvia. I am professional motocross rider. In childhood had a dream of being professional ice hockey player, but that wasn't for me, so I just kept with SHL and started to be a commentator on TV for sport games. I am fan of NBA basketball aswell. I am kinda funny, friendly and love to be around amazing people. Love rap music and love to rap by myself aswell. Got even 5k followers on IG, 1k on YouTube and almost 1k on Soundcloud because of that. That's kinda it - I am just a regular guy who will die like we all.

Stars Stars Stars
[Image: aumy3.png]

I have been in the SHL since S31. Last player was Ludwig Koch Schroder.
I have also been in (NSFL) and still participate in PBE (2nd player – former GM), GOMHL (3rd player)
Rabidsponge#6852
Old School defenseman – Pass 1st with extreme focus on pure defensive skill (not much of hitting defenseman, more so sound positioning)
Build a true puck moving defenseman who is a rock in the defensive zone.
5) Give us your best pun
[Image: 17dbef9559d4035080c82cb883024e24.jpg]
- Baseball is my 2nd favourite spot bar none.
- Enjoy my gaming yes. Currently still hooked on…. They Are Billions – Fire Emblem: 3 Houses. Play pretty much anything minus Arena fighters (LoL) or Battle Royals/ CoD.

[Image: 4zfXx6o.gif]

ex rage co and mascot, ex gomhl head gm but we dont talk about that, noted bust

sure! geckoeygecko#4391 if u wanna send more people my way

ya know brady tkachuk? we gon be hitting and tipping and terrorizing other poor souls and its gonna be a good time - unless u need me building something else of course

site sucks ho sucks im gonna td u all

aight real talk sites dope tons of good people but tokek didnt exactly do anything (my own fault but still) so im hoping simon has a bigger impact Smile

5) Give us your best pun

can i call a friend? if so im pagin @Nobody or @Flareon

if not, i asked my barista the other day why she was wearing a mask. she said its not a mask, its a coughy filter

im an architecture student, bit of a dumb one sometimes so ill be askin the LR if this looks half decent from time to time - i do the same with my pixel work. Big toronto raptors fan, itd be neat to cheer for both raptors! im a massive nerd who needs to find a way to get his d&d fix, v fond of food and cookin, am absolutely garbo at league. ask blesso, its bad.

[Image: sig-e-e-geck-atl.png]

e
(This post was last modified: 03-11-2020, 03:32 PM by CrazyMojito.)

I dont have any experiences, I am completely new to all of this!

Someone has already reached out from your organization, but I am always willing to answer any further questions.

I really want to build a player that lights the lamp a lot but knows the importance of defense and likes to cause turnovers and convert on offense.

I want to have fun. I am very curious to see how all of this works and excited to be a part of it.

5) Give us your best pun
Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

I like to workout and recently took up running. I have a young daughter that I love spending time with. I have seen Frozen 3 times, but I'd have to say Moana is my favourite Disney movie.

[Image: CrazyMojitoSHL.gif]
Canada Blizzard Stars Citadelles Citadelles Stars Blizzard Canada 
[Image: d9J5DHT.png][Image: 16PgOBm.png]

Have beeen on the site for almost 2 years.

No. I would like to thank you for the opportunity but I’m looking to start my career elsewhere

2 way d

I don’t know. I still haven’t figured it out

5) Give us your best pun
I cant. It has to be organic

I’m a nerd like everyone else here

[Image: Fantobens.gif]

1) What experiences, if any, do you have with the SHL or any other simulated sports league? Experience is not required, but we like to know! I used to be on Goal Line Blitz

2) Would you be interested in receiving further communication from a member of Colorado's front office? If yes, what is your Discord name? One of us will reach out to you shortly! Sure, Hefe4711#4945

3) What type of player are you looking to build? Colorado has a slew of people ready to help you get the most from your first few seasons on the site. I am building a goalie

4) What exactly are your goals in the SHL? How are you liking the site so far? I am looking to learn the game and the site seems alright

5) Give us your best pun When everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane

6) This question is designed to be open ended. We like to keep the IP threads short because filling these out is lame. Tell us about yourself! Have a weird hobby? What games do you like to play? What other sports besides hockey do you enjoy? Get creative here! Dont just answer my lame example questions! We're interested in growing a fun and inclusive locker room based team culture in Colorado and we want to know if you'll be a good fit so this is potentially the most important question! I play a lot of D&D and other RP games. I enjoy Football as well as Hockey. My favorite pass time is making snide comments and jokes at people expense when I am out in public secretly to my wife.

No experience at all.
Sure, I'm always open for a talk! MegaSkuci#8624
Pure sniper, reliable on power plays.
To have a great career, meet great people, be part of a great team.
5) Give us your best pun
I don't really know any english language puns. I remember one though: I'm close friends with 25 letters of the alphabet, I don't know y.

Huge gaming fan, watch bunch of e-sports. I enjoy watching pro CS:GO scene, classic NES tetris games. Although I really, really love hockey(favourite team: Bruins) I actually never got the chance to play it. I wish I could. I also heard that there are no real czechs here. Glad to represent! I also stream to twitch in my free time.

Doing a podcast, ask me any question: HERE
[Image: unknown.png][Image: sig.png][Image: viticek.png]
Thanks to @caltroit_red_flames and @sve7en for these amazing sigs!

None what so ever.

Sure! Discord ID: SAwful#6076

Offensive Defensman of some sort, not completely decided on which mold I'd take yet.

I don't know that I have goals so to speak, I'm still feeling out the site, the game and the community. I'd like to play and have a good time while maximizing my player, I love games. The site has been great, and so have the people!

5) Give us your best pun

A scarecrow says, "This job isn't for everyone, but hay, it's in my jeans."

I love playing D&D, I play every Tuesday with some friends, going strong almost 3 years!
I love playing and watching Soccer just as much as I love watching hockey. Living in Atlanta, I've fallen in love with their new MLS team and they've been a ton of fun to watch and follow.

[Image: SAwful.gif]

[Image: 4NkSjIm.png]  ||  [Image: 7bttGDC.png]

Armada  ||  Uk  ||  Wolfpack

This would actually be my first simulated sports league. I have played, and quite enjoy, simulation style games but until now I did not know that there was an online community around such things.

I would love to hear from any interested people. My discord is #Jericson4348. I available most days until around 2230 EDT (which I just realized is around the corner now...)

I am looking at building a mobile, puck-moving defenseman. I believe that having a defenseman who is able to help get the rush started while not being a liability in the defensive end with good positioning and speed is a great addition to any team.

My goals in SHL is to have a great time with like-minded individuals. Obviously, winning is fun but being able to enjoy that win with a group of individuals who share common goals is even better. So far, I feel the site is intuitive enough to navigate and I look forward to exploring it more.

5) Give us your best pun
Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana

Outside of browsing the internet, which I probably spend too much time doing, I have a handful of different hobbies. The biggest one being gaming. I play way too much playstation (primarily RPGs) than is probably healthy but it does not interfere with family life. I also enjoy reading fantasy novels and have recently gotten back into tabletop rpgs. Once the summer hits (which is short up my way) I also enjoy going fishing from time to time.

[Image: jericson112.gif]
[Image: 5p7vOwY.png][Image: NA3IV5m.png]

NSFL, Major League Redditball, Major League Numberball, and Fake College Football make up my current leagues I'm active in. So I'm quite experienced going into SHL.

Yeah for sure! My discord ID is Mottyice#9677

I chose David Pastrnak as my player build, so a counter attacking skilled offensive player is the end goal. Obviously he's gone a bit nuts this season so it'd probably be difficult to match his output, but his play style is awesome.

The site is awesome. Your guys' banking system is unreal.
5) Give us your best pun

I just farted in an elevator, it was foul on so many levels.

I'm still really into baseball cards, and play a lot of 2k Pro-Am. Not too weird, but if I start randomly saying "holy shit look what I just got!" you could probably expect a card you wont really care about, hahaha.

I have zero experience in any sim sports league

Yeah definitely. Want to learn and meet as much as possible on here. honkerrs#9675

I currently built him as a flashy, reflexive and athletic goaltender. Don't really have a comp for him but I want him to be as competitive as Anton Khudobin but as flashy as someone like Holtby is at times or Quick was in his prime. Willing to do whatever though based off of mentorship of experienced players and team needs. Obviously understand if I have to be a backup for a season or so.

Goal is definitely to be the best goaltender the SHL has seen. The site is daunting to navigate first but I think once I get settled with a team and get into the routine it will make more sense. I really like all the creative things people produce here.

5) Give us your best pun
Oh man, two that are tied for me and I think they're puns? Not sure if they are so I'll give you two. "None of us is as dumb as all of us" and "All models are wrong but some are useful"

A little about me..
I'm extremely used to using Discord from my gaming background and all that goes with it. I have been a recruiter for many guilds in my PC gaming life so that combined with being an ex college athlete (swam) I can get along with anyone. Some of my interests/hobbies are Dallas Stars (share season tix with friends and watch literally every game), Texas Rangers, PC games (I have played far too many to list but currently into RvR/GvG pvp games), funk music, data (math degree) and have been slowly learning French for my fiance recently. Anyways feel free to ping me on Discord or here anytime and would love to chat more. Thanks for taking the time to read!

[Image: honkerrs.gif]
[Image: OPTIMIZED.png]