Create Account

S53 Colorado Raptors Interested Prospects Thread

1) What experiences, if any, do you have with the SHL or any other simulated sports league? Experience is not required, but we like to know!

i am new to SHL but I am used to Sim leagues for NHL

2) Would you be interested in receiving further communication from a member of Colorado's front office? If yes, what is your Discord name? One of us will reach out to you shortly! 

Sure that’d be great, my discord ID is Lockwood#6819

3) What type of player are you looking to build? Colorado has a slew of people ready to help you get the most from your first few seasons on the site.

I am looking to build a two way forward with speed and good hands 

4) What exactly are your goals in the SHL? How are you liking the site so far? 

I’m looking to get into the SHL soon and make an impact on the PK and on the scoring sheet. I like the site 

5) Give us your best pun

What do you call the wife of a hippie? A Mississippi

6) This question is designed to be open ended. We like to keep the IP threads short because filling these out is lame. Tell us about yourself! Have a weird hobby? What games do you like to play? What other sports besides hockey do you enjoy? Get creative here! Dont just answer my lame example questions! We're interested in growing a fun and inclusive locker room based team culture in Colorado and we want to know if you'll be a good fit so this is potentially the most important question!

i love baseball and football, I’m a big fan of all Detroit sports. I play Call of Duty, assassins  Creed, the usual big titles. I like going camping, I think Pat MacAfee is fucking hilarious, and I love fishing. 
Also so I still go to red wings games cause I guess I like suffering lol

1) What experiences, if any, do you have with the SHL or any other simulated sports league? Experience is not required, but we like to know!

I am fairly active in the NSFL and somewhat active in PBE

2) Would you be interested in receiving further communication from a member of Colorado's front office? If yes, what is your Discord name? One of us will reach out to you shortly!

Ye, I am in your locker room and I think one of your guys have contacted me already .

3) What type of player are you looking to build? Colorado has a slew of people ready to help you get the most from your first few seasons on the site.

I'm trying to go mainly defense for Slimey

I just want to improve whatever teams defense I am on

5) Give us your best pun

I don't have any. sorry :'{

6) This question is designed to be open ended. We like to keep the IP threads short because filling these out is lame. Tell us about yourself! Have a weird hobby? What games do you like to play? What other sports besides hockey do you enjoy? Get creative here! Dont just answer my lame example questions! We're interested in growing a fun and inclusive locker room based team culture in Colorado and we want to know if you'll be a good fit so this is potentially the most important question!

When I'm not doing sim league stuff I'm usually watching streams but sometimes I play League of Legends. I don't really know anything about hockey but I do follow football and baseball though.

I have no experience whatsoever. 
Yes, Peej#6996
I am looking to build a Power Forward, however I am willing to change directions if needed.
I want to attempt at having a great player. Really like it, I do wish it was slightly easier to understand how to navigate it all. However, usually my questions are answered quite well!
5) Give us your best pun 
When life gives you melons, you're dyslexic. 

I am going to school in the United States to be an Airline Pilot, the major is actually called "Professional Pilot". However my goal is to fly in the airlines. I never actually played hockey or watched it too much until I reached college 3 years ago. I fell in love watching my schools club team play and quickly found myself interested in the San Jose Sharks. I currently play lots of World of Tanks, War Thunder, and CS:GO. I quite enjoy being in the outdoors and take advantage of where I live by fly fishing in the mountains when I get the chance. 

[Image: panico.png]

The experiences are limited. I joined right before the playoffs and was signed by the raptors to go into the playoffs--Dwight Knight, Left wing. 
I would be interested in receiving further communication from from the Raptors. My discord name is DwightKnight#1030
The type of player I'm looking to build is a skilled power forward/grinder.
My goals in the SHL is to ascend into glory. The site is decent considering how much information there is to navigate through.
5) Give us your best pun
It's not a pun exactly but more a joke: When life gives you melons, you're dyslexic.

Some games that I enjoy playing are CS:GO, Ori and the Blind Forest, league of legends occupies a bit of time, some sports I enjoy other than hockey are soccer, football, and ultimate frisbee. I'm a person who's generally to the point.

Let me know if you have any more quesions. 
Cheers, 
D.K.

None really but I have signed up for the NSFL and Grassroots Soccer as well.

Absolutely I'd be open to that, SpontaneousCombustion#2627

I'm looking to create a great perimeter shooting goalscorer, a bit like Ovechkin

I'm really enjoying the site so far and I have a few goals:
-Be an active and good member of locker rooms
- Win some championships
- Get into the HOF
- Set some records

5) Give us your best pun
What if I don't? Will I face PUNishment?

I'm a big rugby union fan, I play Sundays for my local team, I once played to a decent level where I played against guys who are now professional. I play the drums , a bit of rock/ metal stuff (not in a band just now just play a few jam sessions with friends). I play D&D monthly with a group of guys I went to high school with which is a nightmare to organise as we are now apparently all grownups with jobs or kids. I'm starting to get into racing games, mainly Forza.
(This post was last modified: 03-13-2020, 03:27 AM by Dextaria.)

I don't have experience with SHL or anything like it to be honest but I'm definitely willing to learn.

Yes I'd be more than interested! Feel free to contact me through discord (discord ID: DextariaRaikou#9767)

I'm looking to build a mobile two way defenseman with strong skating, defensive, and puck handling abilities.

As a newcomer, I hope to experience everything from the draft, season and playoffs, as well as fantasy. I'd also like to fill a site job if possible to help out the community. So far, I'm enjoying the site a lot and find myself checking back regularly.

5) Give us your best pun
Hockey's such as nICE and COOL sport. Must be because of all the FANS in the arena.

I'm a civil engineering student whose free time consists of relaxing, playing guitar, and catching up with hockey and F1. My top two teams in the NHL are the Vancouver Canucks and the New Jersey Devils. Came to like them through their strong goaltending and the future is looking bright for one of them (the other one not so much...). I browse reddit often which is actually how I found SHL.

[Image: Dextaria.gif]

[Image: Niz2wua.png]  [Image: iB9r7kM.png]  [Image: 6by0kBi.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM, @Moreorless89 and @ValorX77 for the sigs!

Been here for awhile... Have the experience on the management side as well as the sim.
Absolutely, KWally#1313
Goalie... Just gotta scrape the TPE.
To build a better goalie than my last two, earn a starting position and win championships.
5) Give us your best pun
Wally doesn't handle money.
Spend alot of time on the ice coaching my kids in real life these days. Luckily, it is the off-season for them for a couple months. Outside of that I still play goalie a couple nights a week and then have a couple other sim leagues that I am a part of.

[Image: Wally.png]

This is my first time taking part in a sim like this.

I have already spoken with @hhh81 and I was member of the #DinoGang during their recent playoff run!

Im trying to build a defense first, shut down center. I want to be part of a top PK and eventually get the trust of the coaches to use me near the end of games to win important face-offs and protect a lead.

I'm really enjoying the site so far. The community seems really inviting thus far. Eventually  I want to become a regular contributor with articles and posts.

5) Give us your best pun

"I have a split personality," said Tom, being frank.

My actual name is Jacob. That's where the Cob part of cobbenstein came from. I didn't pick to go by Cob, but that's what people in college called me and it just kind of stuck when I do stuff online. I spend entirely too much of my free time playing Guild Wars 2 and DnD, which is likely why my interest in the SHL is so high. Hockey is the only sport I follow religiously. I'm a fan of the New Jersey Devils and I vaguely follow the Columbus Blue Jackets since I live in Ohio. The only other sport I somewhat follow is football. My team there is the Green Bay Packers, but I couldn't tell you like half their players year to year which is in stark contrast of my knowledge of the Devils, where I know not only the NHL roster, most of the AHL roster, but I can usually talk some about most of their prospects in other leagues. I have a degree in Biology and I enjoy looking at stats and heavy statistics based posts too much, so maybe at some point Ill try to contribute a few of those on top of normal written posts.

[Image: 1161116581909246052.gif][Image: cobb.png?ex=6576542e&is=6563df2e&hm=9cd2...40228abcd&][Image: 1161116581909246052.gif]
Thank you @Ragnar  for the Sig!
Previously: Patrick Shepherd (S52 - S64)

Cal Covid - Goaltender

I've never played one before

Hit me up bae. skeleton sex party#6918

Looking to be a positionally sound goaltender multiclassed into bard for a few levels

I'm just really giving this a shot.  I think it'll be fun to build a character and be a little crazy with putting together a player.  Excited to get to know everyone.  The fact that I wasn't banned immediately upon creating Cal gives me good hope that I'll get along with everyone here Smile

5) Give us your best pun

What happens when you run out of toilet paper? Urine trouble.

I play D&D and used to watch hockey before the Coming of Covid.  I like the Flyers and it was a fun year for us fans.  I'm a software engineer.  I just bought a house with a big garage and I'm looking to use it to learn woodworking once I get some cash together for some tools.  I'm looking for a group of chill people who are willing to help me learn the ropes and are ok with me not being on the site all the time.

[Image: x7WZYBT.gif]
[Image: hTAHbeC.png][Image: OaCJVMI.png] | [Image: pMYriGC.png]

Won a few championships back in S20,S21. Coached a IIHF team. Was a Co-GM of the Scarecrows for a bit. Also Co-GM/Coach I forget exactly what title I had of the Texas Renegades under Allen for a couple seasons.

For sure. I don't really discord.

Defensive Forward.

I still hate the layout. I'm sure people are annoying as ever. I'm here to see what kind of stats the sim generates and if the TPE->Time is worth it.

5) Give us your best pun

Will I be punished if I don't?

I don't think filling these out is lame only if the GMs are shit at coming up with questions. This just shows a lack of creativity from the GM of our team in my opinion. Would make me question your ability to think outside the box in terms of building a sim strat.

I'm a large member of the DSFL, and I've played a ton of sims (FM, OOTP, FHM) on my own time. 

Yes, thevoicelesscreator#0611

I'm looking to build a 'big play' style defenseman. Big hits, big shots, big goals, and big plays

Goals? Hall of Fame, or at the very least in every discussion about it. 
Site: Honestly it's awful. Hard to navigate, unappealing to look at, and archaic in design. I much prefer Discord for anything that doesn't NEED to be on the forums. 

5) Give us your best pun

Check my name. 

To be honest, I dislike open ended questions. Especially because I've answered so many 'open-ended questions'. I'm a great convesationalist, and an even better story teller. I'm also very much a locker room guy, but I like having a start to work with. Send me a message on Discord, and we'll talk Smile 

[Image: bouch22.jpg?ex=65381617&is=6525a117&hm=6...178839271&] [Image: VGl3CB4.png]

I am apart of the PBE and NSFL mainly. I am a GM in the NSFL so a somewhat major member there, as well as being here in the SHL for a little bit. My first player was terrible and went IA fairly quickly, so I have come back to avenge that ending!

Sure! Im always open to GMs in the DMs Wink Discord is Frostbite#8407

Im looking to make a score first center, who can dominate opposing defenses.

My goals are to beat out my last player, as well as to be a first round pick in the majors draft.

5) Give us your best pun

Ah you want a pun? Toucan play at that game.

These questions are the worst, making me talk about myself smh... I am a huge football fan, and a sad Atlanta Falcon fan. I like having fun in the locker room, as well as playing Madden and being in sim sports. Not too long of a response here, but I guess I dont really do all too much Smile

[Image: zuck_1.jpg]
[Image: ddIlIkT.png][Image: Citadel-NAVY-Wavy-Line-65K.gif][Image: qzGJBye.png]

Yes, former member of SHL with a HOF goalie. Looking to replicate that success. Also been on various other leagues.

Absolutely! Toast#1007

I'm looking to build a playmaking defenseman.

Feels the same as I remember but I also feel lost with the changes. My goals are to return to my old activity levels and have a fun time.

5) Give us your best pun
Last night, I dreamed I was swimming in an ocean of orange soda. But it was just a Fanta sea

My name is Steve and I'm a massive pro wrestling fan. Through that I've made quite a few good friends from this league!

[Image: BrettBroadway.gif]
[Image: Hunter.png]

I do not, or have very little played a little bit of a similar baseball sim with my buddy before I realized I didn't know enough about the sport to be able to have fun writing articles and stuff so I found a hockey one, which is right up my alley.

Yes would love to talk, discord is The Mobscene#4733

a hard working two way forward where defensive play and hard work are the foundations of the player.

loving the site so far and my goal is just to have some fun and blow some steam off after a hard days work.

5) Give us your best pun
Why is it always so cool at a hockey rink?

Hobbies I play rec hockey, seniors mens lacrosse so those keep me pretty busy other than that I love to go to live shows(music) and the local wrestling here is awesome

[Image: saOYcls.png]

This is player #4 lol.

Sure, although I want to play for Anchorage

QB

Win a cup, hopefully in Toronto lol

5) Give us your best pun
Idk, I'm not feeling very punny today.

I'm currently a biochem major in my 4th year (of 6 cuz I'm bad at school) at NIU. Its alotta fun, but this semester's gone kinda wonky with the Coronavirus stuff.

[Image: 49775_s.png]
Thanks to Budgie and Carpy for the sigs!

Player || Updates