Create Account

Limit the number of text media submissions per week
(This post was last modified: 03-11-2020, 01:06 AM by sve7en.)

See title.

Graphics does it, could in theory have uses on written too.

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

No.

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52

03-11-2020, 12:44 AM39alaska39 Wrote: No.
Counterpoint:

Maybe.

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

I think the graphics limit is more so people don’t make like 100 low effort graphics and make mad bank (maybe wrong) this is not to say you can’t do the same with written media but generally it’s harder considering someone supposedly reads to grade and you still have to type out those words.
Media is a good way for people to communicate to the league, share ideas, stats, etc. Media brings in a lot of discussion regarding the topics written about which in turn helps league activity. By implementing a limit, media series such as Luke’s prospect rankings also would be more difficult to produce. So I don’t think this would be a great idea.

This makes no sense, theres no limit to how long an article is so there is no reason to have a limit on how many you can submit.

[Image: wMFFUe4.gif]

Barracuda S56 1st Overall Barracuda

Gary Grease Career Stats: Click Here
Graphics Shop: Click Here

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  Barracuda Russia Barracuda  [Image: c8B2LE3.png]

dumb idea

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]

03-11-2020, 12:42 AMsve7en Wrote: See title.

I think we'd need to see repeated problem low quality media before this was something we considered.

[Image: tomasnz.gif]

Player Page

Nope. More media is better. There isn't a ton of shit posts normally.

[Image: thiefofcheese.gif]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] 

Sig credit: Ragnar, Carpy48, High Stick King

03-11-2020, 03:37 AMTomasnz Wrote:
03-11-2020, 12:42 AMsve7en Wrote: See title.

I think we'd need to see repeated problem low quality media before this was something we considered.
Case in point, the “big news” buffalo post in SHL media?

03-11-2020, 09:48 AMGeekusoid Wrote:
03-11-2020, 03:37 AMTomasnz Wrote: I think we'd need to see repeated problem low quality media before this was something we considered.
Case in point, the “big news” buffalo post in SHL media?

So. That's one users shit posting once.

What is being proposed is around limiting media submissions weekly. That wouldn't stop the above from happening.

If we are talking about moderating the SHL media areas to have less of that junk, I think the media team just actively managing it a bit more going forward is all that would be needed. It doesn't take much more than a quick eye test to see junk and they can either just delete it or move it to an no for grading section or if it is funny and generating comments just moving it to discussion section of the forum.

What I am saying is not that there isn't junk media being posted. It's that it isn't going to be stopped by a weekly submission limit like in graphics.

[Image: tomasnz.gif]

Player Page

Counterpoint, put users with under 10 mil on SHL welfare program.
Equipment4all

RETIRED