Create Account

S53 Interested Prospect Thread

1. Have you been in any Sim Leagues before?  If yes, what kind & how long?  (Every sport matters)
No

2. What is more important to you, winning championships or building a close-knit locker room?
The locker room

3. What sort of player are you aiming to build? (NHL comparable)
Ovechkin 

4. How long do you want to stay in the SMJHL before going up to the SHL? (2-4 seasons is normal)

5. How much of a focus do you have on doing media and/or graphics?
I will focus more on media doing a few pieces each season to buildup funds. 

6. What do you think you can bring to the locker-room/team?
A sense of humour and a friendly nature

7. Post your favorite hockey-related photo!
[Image: h091409A.jpg]

8. What are your hobbies/interests outside of hockey? (gaming, other sports, music, etc.).
I listen to a lot of different music from classical, to reggae, to metal. I listen to a lot of podcasts mainly about TV shows and nerd culture. I'm a big rugby union fan and tr to stay up to date with the NFL when I can. 

9. Are you actually interested in playing for the Kelowna Knights? 
Yes I am. 

10. Anything else you would like us to know?

Not that I can think of, if i think of any I shall DM. 
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2020, 06:20 PM by honkerrs.)

1. Have you been in any Sim Leagues before?  If yes, what kind & how long?  (Every sport matters)
Never have been in a sim league before in any sport

2. What is more important to you, winning championships or building a close-knit locker room?
Good question. Was a college athlete and even though we won championships, which was great, I barely remember that feeling compared to the friendships gained through that. Still have most of them today. So close-knit and good time for sure.

I currently built him as a flashy, reflexive and athletic goaltender. Don't really have a comp for him but I want him to be as competitive as Anton Khudobin but as flashy as someone like Holtby is at times or Quick was in his prime. Willing to do whatever though based off of mentorship of experienced players and team needs.

4. How long do you want to stay in the SMJHL before going up to the SHL? (2-4 seasons is normal)
Not sure honestly.  My goal is to be the best goalie in the SHL so whatever way I can go on that path but I'd definitely like to get my feet wet in the world of simming first.  Definitely fine with being a backup at first if the team is good at teaching

With my full time job and not being a very creative person I probably won't be creating much of the really interesting extra curricular content that goes on here.  I am into data though (math degree) so maybe one day I could get into that once I get going in the league.

Hopefully I cab make up for my lack of being able to do media and/or graphics that with my relaxed personality. I have been a recruiter for many guilds in my PC gaming life so that combined with being an ex college athlete (swam) I can get along with anyone.  I am extremely loyal when it comes to a team whether it be in person or in a video game.

Dang a hard one but definitely this is my most recent

8. What are your hobbies/interests outside of hockey? (gaming, other sports, music, etc.).
Some of my interests/hobbies are Dallas Stars (share season tix with friends and watch literally every game), Texas Rangers, PC games, funk music, data (math degree) and have been slowly learning French for my fiance recently.

I am very interested in any team that's interested in me.  New to the league so want to meet as many people as possible and be open to anything

Nope your questions pretty much covered it!  Feel free to message me on this site or discord at honkerrs#9675 anytime to learn more about myself.  Thanks for reading!

[Image: honkerrs.gif]
[Image: OPTIMIZED.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-13-2020, 02:33 PM by Dextaria.)

No but I'm definitely willing to learn.

Hockey's all about the team and having good journey with one another. The championship is a bonus.

I'm aiming to be mobile two way defensemen with strong skating, defensive, and puck handling abilities. NHL comparable would be Jared Spurgeon.

I'd stay in the SMJHL for 3 seasons and move to the SHL.

I'm relatively new but I'd focus mainly on media if I am unable to secure a site job.

Dedication, I hope to be sticking around and to be active quite often.

[Image: Nhb1tyZ.jpg]

Outside of hockey, I play recreational ultimate frisbee and play guitar. I also frequently browse reddit which is how I found the SHL.

As a newcomer, I'm interested in playing for any team that is willing to take the chance on me. Then, I'd be able to show the value I bring to the team.

I intend to be active and to hopefully find a site job to be more involved in the community.

[Image: Dextaria.gif]

[Image: Niz2wua.png]  [Image: iB9r7kM.png]  [Image: 6by0kBi.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM, @Moreorless89 and @ValorX77 for the sigs!

- I have not, this is my first go around!

- I'm here to win, but also to make friends along the way.

- I love how underrated Barkov can be so if my player can be like him but play RW, and score a few more goals I'd be happy.

- As long as it takes to develop into an effective SHLer. I'd expect 3-4 seasons probably.

- I'm not going to be cranking out tons of media, but I will do my best to be active in that area.

- Postive energy

- [Image: new-jersey-devils-vs-new-york-rangers-ga...4ebc28.jpg]

- I play a bit of NHL, COD. I like to spend time with family, exercising.

- I'm not not interested in playing for the Kelowna Knights. I really have no preference where I go, so long as there are minutes available and an opportunity for me to make an impact.

- I've already told you too much, lol.

[Image: CrazyMojitoSHL.gif]
Canada Blizzard Stars Citadelles Citadelles Stars Blizzard Canada 
[Image: d9J5DHT.png][Image: 16PgOBm.png]

1. Have you been in any Sim Leagues before? If yes, what kind & how long? (Every sport matters)
Oh yes... Katth Smile Go Dragons

Can I say both? I do love championships though.
Ben Bishop
As long as I can, to be fully prepared to go to a starting position in the SHL. I'd love to win in the SMJHL first!

Alot... Seeing as that will be main resource for funds.

Activity... I'm excited to find this resurgence for the SHL and excited to build on a new start here.

https://i.postimg.cc/jjcP9Bx9/79254208-1...0664-n.jpg

Not really many, ngl... With both boys playing hockey now that is really all we do and travel.

Of course Smile Between you and then Zoone... I've always heard great things.

I'm ready for this!

[Image: Wally.png]

No this would be the first time for me.

I feel a little of both is important. However, having a close-knit locker room will definitely help to build a championship winning team.

I am wanting to build a puck-moving defenseman in the vain of a Torey Krug or even an Erik Karlsson

I would be willing to stay in the SMJHL as long as is necessary to build a strong competitor for the SHL.

I haven't done either before but would be willing to try out the media side of things (no artistic bone in my body for graphics).

I like to believe I am an easy going person who can help out wherever needed and not afraid to speak up.

[Image: bruins.jpg?w=1024]

I play video games, read, and generally spend time with my family.

It seems like there is definitely room for new prospects in the organization so that would be awesome.

Not that I can think of.

[Image: jericson112.gif]
[Image: 5p7vOwY.png][Image: NA3IV5m.png]

No, this is my first ever Sim league

I think both have merits. A close-knit group and winning a championship tend to go hand in hand in my experience.

I'm hoping to build a player similar to Travis Zajac. A shut down defensive center that can still contribute on the scoreboard from time to time.

I hope to stay in the SMJHL as long as it takes for me to develop. 2 seasons would be fine since it would mean I've had spectacular development, but if I'm around for 4 years that's fine too. I'm more worried about giving it 110% to try and win with whatever roster I'm on.

Going forward in the SHL as I get more comfortable with the ebb and flow of the league I hope to start writing articles and other forms of media.

I think I can bring a defensive conscious to any locker room as well as a helpful and team focused attitude.

[Image: giphy_3.gif]
Blake Coleman from Devils 80s night.

I play a lot of Guild Wars 2 and DnD in my free time. I used to contribute to a Devils fan site fairly regularly so I'm kind of looking forward to getting into hockey writing again.

Im very interested in playing for Kelowna. I feel that looking at your roster I could potentially have an impact early on helping both at center and potentially defense some nights.

I think that about covers everything. If there is anything else you might like to know, I'd love to hear from you!

[Image: 1161116581909246052.gif][Image: cobb.png?ex=6576542e&is=6563df2e&hm=9cd2...40228abcd&][Image: 1161116581909246052.gif]
Thank you @Ragnar  for the Sig!
Previously: Patrick Shepherd (S52 - S64)
(This post was last modified: 03-14-2020, 03:50 PM by Skeleton Party.)

Nooope.

I want to have fun with a close-knit group.  That said, if we aren't trying to be competitive it isn't fun.

Carter Hart

I understand there's a goalie logjam, so I anticipate staying down for a few seasons.  I'd like to move to SHL when I can start playing regularly and be of use.

I'm going to do a bunch of write-ups, and hopefully some crappy meme graphics.  I'm not much of an artist so there's not much more I can do on the image front.

No matter how bad things are, I'm the guy trying to crack jokes to lighten the mood.  I'm generally positive.  That doesn't mean I have fun losing...i really don't.  I just cope with it by trying to be funny and not allowing everyone to bottom out.

The only photo that matters.

D&D, board games, computer games, getting harassed by my cats

Hell yeah.

Pineapple belongs on pizza and hotdogs are tacos.

[Image: x7WZYBT.gif]
[Image: hTAHbeC.png][Image: OaCJVMI.png] | [Image: pMYriGC.png]

1. Have you been in any Sim Leagues before? If yes, what kind & how long? (Every sport matters)

SHL from S9 until the big update overhall bc fuck that.
SBA I have a hall of fame player and am very active.
Also was co-gm here for SMJHL and SHL teams.

Neither, I want to see that the TPE i'm putting in gives me stats to look at.

Shit disturbing shadow guy.

No idea.

I'll do some Media but I have 20M in the bank.

Not sure how much I'll be around

Naw.

Reading history and gaming (CS:GO, LoL and Eu4 mainly)

Sure why not

I'm blunt and honest.

Yes, I am involved in the NSFL in an administrative role, and I'm a player captain

I firmly believe that the two come hand-in-hand. A toxic locker room will never bring about success. A house divided cannot stand.

I'm looking to build a big player style defenseman (think Shea Weber in his prime). Big hits, big shots, big goals. big plays. Real big

As long as it takes for me to break in the SHL (so as little time as my team deems necessarily for me to become an impact player)

I'm a writer primarily. This year is more about getting a feel for the league, and it's players

I bring big (d) energy and a very particular skill-set that would make me an asset in any war room

The Golden Goal!

I'm a big TTRPG guy, and I play a ton of video games (trying to cut back). I love music, and I'm an audiophile. I'm a big fan of anything fantasy, or sci-fi. And I love sports (from F1 racing, to Rugby League)

I'm a BC kid, so that'd be a very interesting team to find myself on. I actually know Kelowna very well, so yes. Though the Rockets might be my first love from Kelowna Wink

Do you want to know anything else about me? I'm a big discord guy, so send me a PM on there if you do (thevoicelesscreator#0611)

[Image: bouch22.jpg?ex=65381617&is=6525a117&hm=6...178839271&] [Image: VGl3CB4.png]

Yep! I'm a GM over in NSFL, as well as a player in the PBE. I used to have a player here, but they were not the greatest and I put very little effort into them, so I'm back to erase that legacy with a new one!

I like both, but having an awesome locker room is really ideal for me. The best part of sim leagues is the friends you make along the way. (new people to bully!)

Ya see, I have no idea what the heck hockey is pretty much. But I do like scoring, so I'm trying to build a score first center.

Whatever my SHL GMs want me to, I'll jut go with the flow.

I'll be able to do some media and graphics once I learn more about the league. I like writing stuff so I'll be more inclined to do that.

I'll bring a good locker room presence to the team. I am on discord entirely too much, so I'll be able to talk a bit in there.

I saw this the other day and was frightened, so I guess this one -> [Image: nicolas-cage-florida-panthers.jpg]

As I said before im huge in the NSFL, and really like football. Im a Falcons fan (sadly) and also play a fair bit of Madden.

Yes! I love your guy's logo, and considering I went IA in my first week last time, so I don't really have any alliances in the SMJHL or even SHL.

Starwars

[Image: zuck_1.jpg]
[Image: ddIlIkT.png][Image: Citadel-NAVY-Wavy-Line-65K.gif][Image: qzGJBye.png]

Yep! I'm a GM over in NSFL, as well as a player in the PBE. I used to have a player here, but they were not the greatest and I put very little effort into them, so I'm back to erase that legacy with a new one!

I like both, but having an awesome locker room is really ideal for me. The best part of sim leagues is the friends you make along the way. (new people to bully!)

Ya see, I have no idea what the heck hockey is pretty much. But I do like scoring, so I'm trying to build a score first center.

Whatever my SHL GMs want me to, I'll jut go with the flow.

I'll be able to do some media and graphics once I learn more about the league. I like writing stuff so I'll be more inclined to do that.

I'll bring a good locker room presence to the team. I am on discord entirely too much, so I'll be able to talk a bit in there.

I saw this the other day and was frightened, so I guess this one -> [Image: nicolas-cage-florida-panthers.jpg]

As I said before im huge in the NSFL, and really like football. Im a Falcons fan (sadly) and also play a fair bit of Madden.

Yes! I love your guy's logo, and considering I went IA in my first week last time, so I don't really have any alliances in the SMJHL or even SHL.

Starwars

[Image: zuck_1.jpg]
[Image: ddIlIkT.png][Image: Citadel-NAVY-Wavy-Line-65K.gif][Image: qzGJBye.png]

Yes, here, it's been a few years

2. What is more important to you, winning championships or building a close-knit locker room? Close knit room

3. What sort of player are you aiming to build? (NHL comparable) uhh. Idk. I want someone who can kinda run the pp from the point

4. How long do you want to stay in the SMJHL before going up to the SHL? (2-4 seasons is normal) 3-4 depending

5. How much of a focus do you have on doing media and/or graphics? A little, hopefully more over the summer. I mainly do jerseys

6. What do you think you can bring to the locker-room/team? Just general activity

Music, I march in my colleges band.

9. Are you actually interested in playing for the Kelowna Knights? Kelowna is cool, I played there for a couple of seasons, but I wanna go to Anchorage

[Image: 49775_s.png]
Thanks to Budgie and Carpy for the sigs!

Player || Updates

1. Have you been in any Sim Leagues before?  If yes, what kind & how long?  (Every sport matters) No I have not.

2. What is more important to you, winning championships or building a close-knit locker room? Both, Can't have one without the other in my opinion.

3. What sort of player are you aiming to build? (NHL comparable) Ivan Provorov

4. How long do you want to stay in the SMJHL before going up to the SHL? (2-4 seasons is normal) 4, To really round off my character and compete at a higher level sooner.

5. How much of a focus do you have on doing media and/or graphics? like, 50%? I used to run a youtube channel, very briefly.

6. What do you think you can bring to the locker-room/team? Crappy jokes, Just really awful puns, And friendship.

7. Post your favorite hockey-related photo! That smile, That damn smile

8. What are your hobbies/interests outside of hockey? (gaming, other sports, music, etc.). Gaming, Walking / Running, Playing guitar poorly and banging drums / mums slightly better.

9. Are you actually interested in playing for the Kelowna Knights?  Are you interested in having me play for you?

10. Anything else you would like us to know? That's for the locker room.

1. Have you been in any Sim Leagues before? If yes, what kind & how long? (Every sport matters) Yes, since 2015 with SHL, other leagues at times

2. What is more important to you, winning championships or building a close-knit locker room? close knit leads to championship copy paste

3. What sort of player are you aiming to build? (NHL comparable) Brendan Lemieux/Sean Avery

4. How long do you want to stay in the SMJHL before going up to the SHL? (2-4 seasons is normal) One or Two, more if I can't stay active

5. How much of a focus do you have on doing media and/or graphics? Enough to keep me afloat

6. What do you think you can bring to the locker-room/team? nothing

7. Post your favorite hockey-related photo! no

8. What are your hobbies/interests outside of hockey? (gaming, other sports, music, etc.). Punk, minecraft, beer league hockey, hating engineering

9. Are you actually interested in playing for the Kelowna Knights? sure

10. Anything else you would like us to know? imma try and be active this time

Sven Holmberg

[Image: hexx55.gif]

[Image: mitochondriafigure1.jpg]
Player Page | Update Page