Create Account

SHL Calendar?
(This post was last modified: 03-13-2020, 12:10 PM by takethehorizon.)

Maybe this has already been suggested or even implemented and i'm just missing it but I think that a calendar or even a locked thread with all upcoming draft dates, sims, tournaments, double payout periods, even due dates on PTs could be very beneficial to new members and even vets i'm sure. Paying someone a small amount to keep it updated as we progress through the season could be an option. It could be edited and kept up to date by HO even. 

I often find myself forgetting upcoming events, times etc due to all the moving pieces of the league. I doubt i'm the only one, just a thought. 

What do you guys think?

Here's a quick example I through together in under 5 minutes.

[Image: GUbu2yp.png]

[Image: takethehorizon.gif]
[Image: IdMkYiH.png]

[Image: NIYtQkE.png] [Image: NjFSX1z.png]

I will agree that this could help make things more organized. Like I just remembered the draft is this Sunday Laughing

[Image: zcOwSzN.png] [Image: b1AwZLU.png]
First ever Yukon Malamute draft pick (1st overall S65)

[Image: ezgif-3-597e9990a5.png]

I just came to the site to suggest exactly this! I keep asking everyone when the next thing is happening because digging through various forums and sub forums gets tedious if I can't remember where the original post was. I would be happy with a simple list of upcoming events and just list the next 5 important dates/times.

Tibuk Soonika - G - Tampa Bay Barracuda| Portal Page
BarracudaSwitzerlandKnights

Tbh. Something like this would be useful.

[Image: tomasnz.gif]

Player Page

I'm personally not, but I feel like if you're in other leagues getting the dates right could be super confusing

would be great to have this on the front page on the sidebar also! kind of like what some subreddits do

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]

I'd like it, just easy to keep track of stuff.

[Image: 1rdovVs.gif]

[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-13-2020, 04:07 PM by Chevy.)

Mybb has a calendar (that they probably have turned off right now) built into it...as well as various plugins that could be used for it.  I support this idea.

EDITITS HERE but just turned off on the c-panel.

Who the fuck said WJC starts tomorrow

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

TBH if we had this calendar as a link in the top drop downs, would be a rather neat and useful feature.

+1

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

This is something we've looked into on the HO side. We are going to work to see how hard it would be to implement. Teddy is a bit inundated with tasks right now, ya know with the sim engine switch.

There are also a lot of moving parts daily and a lot of departments that would have to all get on the same page. I will see what we can do, but it might be a while before something like this is implemented.

It is a great idea however and we will work towards this goal.

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]

03-17-2020, 02:44 PMSDCore Wrote: This is something we've looked into on the HO side. We are going to work to see how hard it would be to implement. Teddy is a bit inundated with tasks right now, ya know with the sim engine switch.

There are also a lot of moving parts daily and a lot of departments that would have to all get on the same page. I will see what we can do, but it might be a while before something like this is implemented.

Once it becomes functional on the back end, I would have no problem updating the calendar making sure it stays up to date with current events. Glad this is in the works, keep us updated!

03-17-2020, 03:28 PMtakethehorizon Wrote:
03-17-2020, 02:44 PMSDCore Wrote: This is something we've looked into on the HO side. We are going to work to see how hard it would be to implement. Teddy is a bit inundated with tasks right now, ya know with the sim engine switch.

Once it becomes functional on the back end, I would have no problem updating the calendar making sure it stays up to date with current events. Glad this is in the works, keep us updated!

Thank you for your interest... I will say this, we may have underestimated how easy this would be to implement, which we never wanna do. It appears we could have a working calendar soonish. Here is to hoping.

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]

03-17-2020, 03:58 PMSDCore Wrote:
03-17-2020, 03:28 PMtakethehorizon Wrote: Once it becomes functional on the back end, I would have no problem updating the calendar making sure it stays up to date with current events. Glad this is in the works, keep us updated!

Thank you for your interest... I will say this, we may have underestimated how easy this would be to implement, which we never wanna do. It appears we could have a working calendar soonish. Here is to hoping.
I always put out a PT schedule at the beginning of the season so I can alert @takethehorizon or whomever once it's out to keep the Big Calendar updated!

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

big fan of this

[Image: Grapehead.gif]
TY NOKA AND VALOR FOR THESE WORKS OF ART
Player Page | Update Page

Stars Battleborn Czechia