Create Account

Bold or Not so Bold SMJHL Draft Predictions
(This post was last modified: 03-13-2020, 05:54 PM by Snoopdogg.)

Draft Media 2X Bonus(word count 1623)
S54 SMJHL PREDICTIONS
Want to start out by saying that the draft class of S54 is filled with some great new members and also some established experienced vets who are recreating.  To my
knowledge there are but 6 recreates who not only should but will be selected in the top 10 of this up coming draft this Sunday.  Coupled that with the draft which
preceded us, should make for an exciting season to come in the SMJHL and the following years to come.  Friends or foes, in the end we will be all associated to the
"shlpa"...maybe!
So the ultimate question come draft time, who goes first?  Best overall?  Organisational needs?  Player potential?  All good choices and in the end the right answer belongs
to the general manger and his group of scouts and coaches.  According to the draft positions and team needs I have made some bold and not so bold predictions, not an
easy task if you ask me, putting ones self out there to be judged!  So without further due, here are my top 20 overall picks of the SMJHL S53 draft class predictions.  
Timber #1Pick C-Komrad Danke @JHS
The Maine Timber have some needs to be met, and with 4 picks in the top 20 should come out fulfilling their requirements at the defense and forward positions.  The
glaring hole at center can only leave me to believe that they will pass up on the top dman and select a centerman.  Komrad, a recreate and seasoned vet of the sim hockey
world, is a 2-way forward standing at 6'2 who already seems to be showing some great defensive skills along with some serious punch on offense as a rookie.
Armada #2 Pick D-Mikkel Asmus Sondergard @Rabidsponge21
The Anchorage Armada have 2 picks in the top 20 and get lucky here with this pick, landing a 6'2 smooth skating recreate such as Mikkel comes with baggage, not the bad
kind but the ones.  Break out passing and solid defensive efforts combined with his strong physical attributes will be a general on the Armada blueline in no time.
Berserkers #3 Pick C-Daniel Laforest @Snoopdogg
The Berserkers here go off the board maybe, as they pass up on other veteran recreates, mock drafts have Daniel going off the list at about the 6th overall pick.  But with a
centerman gone already and quality dman left in the draft, Newfoundland make a choice between selecting a goalie or centerman.  With 3 picks in the top 20 and holes to
fill at 3 positions,  they succumb to the idea that a selecting a 6'3 playmaking center cannot hurt them, a speed demon in his own right makes offensive plays at high speed
look easy.
Knights #4 Pick RW-Simon Takshak @GeckoeyGecko
The Kelwona Knights have 3 picks also in the top 20, and making them count!  First winger and top one at that to come off the board, at 5' and 300lbs, Simon is a beast in
his own right!  Punishing dman with relentless body checks and creating havoc in front of the net are his bread and butter.  He also posses a lethal one timer from the top
circle.
Whalers #5 Pick G-Cale Amundson @Wally
Vancouver have 2 picks and with this one select the first goalie to go off the board.  A 6'6 giant in the crease, the man with the pads is also a season vet of the simulation
league.  Solid positioning and sound mental awareness have him pinned for a very bright future.  The Whalers have other many needs, but at this pick they make a good
one.
Raptors #6 Pick D-Tinke Jutila @Snussu
Without much effort the Colorado Raptors find a gem.  A recreate lands in their laps and identifies a glaring need at the defense position.  Tinke, at 5'9" flies on the ice,
making it very difficult to knock the puck loose.  Tinke has great physical attributes paired with a very sound defensive game to crack the Raptors lineup this coming
season.
Knights #7 Pick RW-William Lockwood @Lockwood
With their second pick already coming up, the Knights add yet another winger to their group.  William is 6' tall and has a very high hockey IQ helping him anticipate the
game at both ends of the ice.  Posses a good shot and does not shy away from going into the corners to muck it up.
Falcons #8 Pick D-Joseph Fantobens @Fantobens
Detroit's first and only pick in the top 20, needless to say they are making it count with this one.  A bright future for the 6' Swedish defenseman, as he knows the ins and
outs of both ends of the ice.  Smart 2 way player that the Falcons will have to make room for as they are already stacked with 2nd year players.
Scarecrows #9 Pick G-Richard Majors @Hefe4711
The St.Louis Scarecrows take a leap here as the draft starts to thin out.  Needing a goalie and the top netminder of this class already gone, the "crows" turn to Richard.  The
american born goalie will need to put in some time to ante up them stats as St.Louis will be relying on him in the very near future.
#10 Pick *Forfeit* 
Timber #11 Pick D-PBJ Souppan @thevoicelesscreator
The Maine find themselves picking again at this point, and select a dman.  The Canadian born dman has moderate overall skills and some determination to improve.  Good
passing skills and strong physical skills are his trademark at this point in his young career.  Thus far Maine has accomplished their needs by selecting both a center and
dman with still 2 picks left in the top 20.
Armada #12 Pick D-Aumy Jr. @st4rface
The Armada liked their first pick so mush they elected to go back the well a 2nd time.  Selecting another dman of the stature of Aumy cannot hurt their depth chart.  Solid
dman standing at 6'3" with sick stick checking skills will help raise his stock.  Also has a great breakout pass when transitioning from his own zone.
Berserkers #13 Pick D-Matthew Sawful @SAwful
With one more pick after this one the Armada pick up some grit!  Matthew shows exceptional bravery and courage by far from everyone else in this draft class.  The 6'3'
dman does not back down from anyone and will command significant respect from his peers on the ice.
Knights #14 Pick C- Jean Uthread Ragnarsson T @lespoils
The Knights doing well thus far, selecting 2 wingers prior and now opting for a work hoarse in Mr.Jean!  I reckon with his natural aggression and  physicality he brings to
the game will go up against the aforementioned pick #13 for some time.  The 2 will be going head to head with both embracing the physical aspect of the game.
Scarecrows #15 Pick LW- Rotticus Scott @RotticusScott
St.Louis have a nice pick here selecting a fast up and down winger reliable at both ends of the rink.  Excellent passer with good vision.
Whalers #16 Pick LW- Dwight Knight @hockeyiscool
With a slick name like that its to my surprise the 6' power forward slides down the charts to the Whalers.  Underestimated, Dwight will maybe be the surprise of the draft.
My sleeper pick!
Outlaws #17 Pick D- AJ Patella @WarbeastSG
Anaheim's first pick coming in very late  sees them picking up Patella who is an offensive dman.  Very good acceleration and high end speed coupled with his offensive
vision may give him immediate success in the SMJHL as a dman.
Timber #18 Pick C-Gavin Wallace @SpontaneousCombustion
Making it count, the Timber Maine have back to back picks over here and go with a center.  Maybe a 2nd sleeper of the draft.  Already gifted offensively and some
physical attributes, the young man will have refine his defensive game.  All in all a solid pick with average attributes throughout his game.
Timber #19 Pick C-Patrich Shepherd @Cobbenstein
With those two last picks, Maine has stock pilled the cupboard with youth at the center position.  A 2-way foreard who knows to play the game the right way.  Decent
faceoff rating to eventually evolve as a force to close out important games.
Berserkers #20 Pick RW-Kyle Sutton @CrazyMojito
The Berserkers close the top 20 with their 3rd pick so far picking a hard shooting sniper!  Shoot is the name of his game and it is one he does with passion and accuracy. 
At 5'11 has great speed and a cool hockey name.
That is my top 20 pick of this draft class, I hope  you enjoyed it and I hope I got em right!  Good luck to all draftees and general managers involved selecting the right
player, as this is often a hard and long process to evaluate properly.  Thanks for reading and peace out!

[Image: Snoopdogg.gif]
    [Image: d9J5DHT.png]        norway      [Image: d9J5DHT.png]

Formatting got real weird for me on mobile. Like it was trying to squeeze the last bit of toothpaste out.

[Image: 1rdovVs.gif]

[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]

03-13-2020, 01:08 PMNhamlet Wrote: Formatting got real weird for me on mobile. Like it was trying to squeeze the last bit of toothpaste out.
It did the same for me but sorted itself out, when I went to landscape
(This post was last modified: 03-13-2020, 01:17 PM by st4rface.)

Great media, my man! Good luck on draft day! Hopefully I will be 1st rounder tho! :D

Stars Stars Stars
[Image: aumy3.png]

03-13-2020, 01:08 PMNhamlet Wrote: Formatting got real weird for me on mobile. Like it was trying to squeeze the last bit of toothpaste out.

it was really funny lmao nine went to just one letter at a time

[Image: sig-e-e-geck-atl.png]

e

Yeah looks a little off to me too, I'll try and fix it

still can't fix it

Great read! Excited for all of us on draft night!

[Image: Wally.png]

03-13-2020, 05:12 PMWally Wrote: Great read!  Excited for all of us on draft night!

thanks man, you have any issues with the visual print?

Didn't realize JHS was back

#deuces

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

Same here. Even switching to desktop mode didn't help.

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

03-13-2020, 05:37 PMCapt_Blitzkrieg Wrote:
Same here. Even switching to desktop mode didn't help.

I'm trying to edit it but nothing seems to work.

03-13-2020, 05:43 PMSnoopdogg Wrote:
03-13-2020, 05:37 PMCapt_Blitzkrieg Wrote: Same here. Even switching to desktop mode didn't help.

I'm trying to edit it but nothing seems to work.

Get rid of all the align tags

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

03-13-2020, 05:18 PMSnoopdogg Wrote:
03-13-2020, 05:12 PMWally Wrote: Great read!  Excited for all of us on draft night!

thanks man, you have any issues with the visual print?

I mean... it just narrowed, but wasn't un-readable... so no complaints from me Smile

[Image: Wally.png]

03-13-2020, 06:04 PMWally Wrote: I mean... it just narrowed, but wasn't un-readable... so no complaints from me Smile

say wally, completely unrelated, do u know about the bet me and @JHS made

[Image: sig-e-e-geck-atl.png]

e