Create Account

S62 Dragons Interested Prospect Thread
(This post was last modified: 09-28-2021, 08:44 AM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

Franchise Information:
City: Calgary, AB, Canada
Team Name: Dragons
Abbreviation: CGY
Colours: Red, Grey, Black and White
Stadium Name: The Big-Parm

Team Essentials:
Dragons.Tv - *LINK HERE*
Twitter - *LINK HERE*
The Dragons Scorebook - *LINK HERE*
Franchise Branding - *LINK HERE*

**Calgary owns a 1st round pick this season!**

Welcome to the Calgary Dragons Interested Prospect thread! Calgary is the most successful and consistent franchise in SHL history, winning 8 Challenge Cups and making the playoffs in 35 of the last 37 seasons! We play in the league's most exciting arena, The BIG-Parm, which has become one hell of a home field advantage!

Calgary is also the first franchise to own its very own television network called Dragons.tv! We also have the league's most active twitter account! So if you are drafted to Calgary be ready for the media blitz!

As you learn more about our team, feel free to check out our rich history HERE, our Team Profile HERE and Dragon Encylopedia HERE. We're a hard working team and a top notch organization. We're always looking for motivated young players to enhance the Dragons experience! We have a great team atmosphere, strong leadership, we support each other and have a lot of fun.

If you're a prospect for the S62 SHL Entry Draft and are interested in joining the Dragons family, please help us get to know you better!

Please link us your Player Page: Example

Code:
1. How interested are you in joining the Dragons? Scale of 1-10. What do you know or like about the current team?

2. What kind of player are you looking to build? Are you open to advice to help you achieve personal and team success?

3. What are you looking for in an SHL team and what do you enjoy in a locker room?

4. What have you enjoyed most so far about the SHL?  

5. Do you see yourself always having time for the SHL, is there anything that could negatively effect your activity level over the next year or so? (New Job, School program, travel, etc)

6. What Age group are you in, Under 20? Over 20? Over 30? (No worries if you don't want to reveal this).

7. Have you done any Media, GFX or Podcasts? Feel free to link one for us

8. Please let us know anything else you think would help us evaluate you as a potential future Dragons Superstar!!

Feel free to ask us any questions you may have about the team, pm @Mike Izzy @Katth

[Image: image0.png]

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria
(This post was last modified: 09-24-2021, 12:46 PM by duffleman2002.)

1. I am very interested in joining the dragons, probably 8/10, I know about the success you guys have.

2. I am looking to eventually become a starting goalie and yes I would like advice on how to be a better player and to help the team succed.

3. I am looking for teamwork and a strong defense and I enjoy talking to teammates and having fun in the locker room

4. I enjoy playing games and having fun.

5. I have always found time for the SHL, school may be factor for my activity level. I am in college so when exams come up it may effect what I do on here.

6. Under 20

7. No I have not

and here is my profile page https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=118322

[Image: duffleman2002.gif]
(This post was last modified: 09-24-2021, 12:46 PM by conet_.)

Player Page

1. How interested are you in joining the Dragons? Scale of 1-10. What do you know or like about the current team?

I'm extremely interested! Calgary has a great history and great branding. It's something I would love to be a part of. 10/10

2. What kind of player are you looking to build? Are you open to advice to help you achieve personal and team success?

I'm looking to build an all-around solid puck stopper. I want to be the top in my class and in the league someday. I would not only be open to, but I would encourage advice so that I can best build my player and best help the team.

3. What are you looking for in an SHL team and what do you enjoy in a locker room?

What I'm looking for in an SHL team is a team that is supportive, competitive, and that has a plan for the future. I've been in a few sim leagues where you get drafted and it doesn't even feel like you're part of a team. I want a family-like atmosphere in the locker room, where it's a fun and positive place to be. Also, I enjoy a locker room that is engaged and gets pumped up for game days!

What I have enjoyed most is all of the great people I've met, especially in the Anaheim locker room. Without these people and this great community, I wouldn't be here. I think the hockey/sim part of the league is just a portion of what makes it great. I've enjoyed meeting people here that have become friends.

5. Do you see yourself always having time for the SHL, is there anything that could negatively effect your activity level over the next year or so? (New Job, School program, travel, etc)

I see myself continuing to have plenty of time for the SHL. I have pretty open availability during weekday nights and all through the weekend and I don't see anything changing that.

6. What Age group are you in, Under 20? Over 20? Over 30? (No worries if you don't want to reveal this).

I am in the almost 30 age group.

I've done a few things media and graphics related. I definitely plan on completing a ton more over my career, including season previews, starting to make sigs, and a series where I'll make concept football helmets with SHL/SMJHL logos. Here are a few of things I've done:

Scouting Report
Helmet Graphic
Deep Dive #1

8. Please let us know anything else you think would help us evaluate you as a potential future Dragons Superstar!!

I am fully committed to this league. I got a second chance to create, as I got deployed for work shortly after my first create, and I'm making the most of it. I feel that I'm engaged with both my team and the league. I'm a positive, fun, and daily presence in the Anaheim locker room. I'm also looking at being more than just a player. I will be the co-GM of UCORCAL for the upcoming WJC, as well as being in the running for two other league jobs. I'm someone who will continue to be a top earner and who will be dedicated to making my player the best they can be!
(This post was last modified: 09-24-2021, 04:30 PM by OrbitingDeath.)

10 - The Calgary Dragons are a storied franchise which screams out loyalty amongst their members. Just look at Esa and Izzy's careers as just a small example, looks like they are looking for long term additions to their franchise. I love the entire Hall of Fame section build up by them and hope to be part of that one day.

I'm looking to make a goaltender that makes saves and help the team win. Joking aside, I'm open to discuss build options and actually am already in contact with one of your members about my build.

Looking for a mature but fun environment as a locker room. A place to talk about all and nothing,  prefer that over 'spammy' locker rooms with nonsense. I can play for a team that has it without any problems, I'll just interact less then.
In a team I would be looking for a team that believes in my potential for becoming a future starter for them.

My favourite part so far remains the time my wife did my free agency during my first player and made west kendall platoon write pony related stories for my entire tenure there.

I don't see anything change that would cause me  to have less time for the SHL

Over 30

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=118874

I am looking for a long career with Montagne and hope to find a team that has a nice plan for me to take over as their next franchise netminder.
Feel free to contact me in case you have anymore questions.
I also made a graphics collab with Izzy for his HoF sig Wink

[Image: m38.gif]
Update Thread - Player Page
Update Scale

Former players:
Ivo Willems (S9 SMJHL) (S10-28 SHL)  
Xander Green  (S33-35 SMJHL) (S36-47 SHL)
Vorian Atreides (S49-51 SMJHL) (S52-61 SHL)

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2021, 11:34 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2021, 10:25 AM by Vaxlare.)

Player Page: CLICK

10/10. I think the Dragons have the absolute best media/branding department in the SHL. Everything top to bottom has been well thought out. I also know you are a competitive team year in and year out.

I lean towards a Two-way Defenceman, but I’m always open to suggestions on how to improve in my role and better help the team. Points are nice, wins are better. 

I’m looking for exactly what I have gotten in the COL locker room this year, which is a friendly LR that enjoys getting to know their teammates outside of just the SHL. This is a social game after all. 

I really enjoy that everything is player generated. What I have enjoyed the most though is getting to get back into graphic design. It’s something I enjoyed when I was younger, but my career has no use for it so I really haven’t touched it in years.

Much like a lot of people COVID has created an interesting situation for my work life. I have way to much free time now working from home. There is always the possibility we go back to working in the office more, but I don’t see it effecting my free time here.

Over 20

I’ve enjoyed the GFX more, but I have done some media. MEDIA. GFX

I interact almost daily with my current LR and am trying to be involved in events and jobs across the league. I am GMing Team DACH for the upcoming WJC. I’d like to get involved more in the GM/Coaching side.

[Image: dangle.png]
     Sig Credit: Ragnar
[Image: vaxlare.png]
Sig Credit: Moosey

Falcons  |  Raptors | Stampede |  Patriotes |  Czechia
[Image: vokU6Ra.png]     [Image: 0ioPVRj.png]

Sconnie McHits Roster Page

I'm a 10/10 from what I've seen so far! Your media and branding is super exciting and is something I'd love to be a part of! 

I'm someone who is open and flexible to adjusting to whatever my team needs. I'm currently a truly two-way player who is a setup man/playmaker on the offensive end. I'm absolutely open to any adjustment to help my team.

Playing for a contender would be exciting, although my SHL team doesn't need to be a contender; just can't be complacent and must be building towards contention. I love an active, diverse, and positive LR experience!

I really enjoy the sim itself, as well as how competitive the league is. Being a big-time competitor, I love that I will need to continue max earning to reach the heights I want to.

I'm committed and have the time Smile

I'm on the older side in sim leagues, coming in at a young-at-heart 31 lol

Deep Dive #2
Deep Dive #1
Sconnie McHits: An Introduction

By selecting me, you would be selecting a leader and somebody who has taken responsibility in all of his sim leagues and is running with it. I currently serve as team captain and a war room member in Anaheim in this league, as well as a co-GM of UCORCAL for the WJC. In MilPBE, I serve as the co-GM of the State College Swift Steeds. In DSFL, I am a GM of the Norfolk Seawolves and serve as an updater. Last season, I was Defensive Rookie of the Year, Linebacker of the Year, and was also voted MDM (Most Dedicated Member). I pride myself on building others up, being invested in my teams, and helping create an exciting and positive locker room climate.

[Image: CnPenxE.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-25-2021, 10:55 PM by mer.)

10/10! I'm very excited about the drafting process as a whole and am very excited about becoming a part of an SHL team. Calgary's high on my list because you caught my eye when I was creating my twitter - great graphics and very active over there!

I started my abilities tailored to the playmaker role because I wanted to provide offensive support, but I am more than happy to tailor my build to suit the team's needs. I already bother my GMs weekly for build advice for my updates, happy to continue doing so!

I'm looking for a competitive team that is supportive and active. I've really enjoyed being a part of the QCC locker room and engaging with the team in all the neat channels that have been set up. I like the daily check-ins in the mornings and everyone coming to each other's aid when someone's having a rough day.

This is a tough question. I loved creating my player and I'm still having so much fun trying to figure out his quirks and background and building a story around his career as Fiske progresses. I really enjoyed the SMJHL scouting and getting to know more about the league and the teams. I've also loved watching the sims with my team and celebrate losses/commiserating with each other after defeats. The LR itself is super fun to engage in. Is it cheating if I say I've enjoyed every part of the SHL so far?

No, I'm in a stable place right now. Shouldn't have any issues staying active.

Over 20s.

Still working on my graphics skills, hope to one day compare to Calgary, but still pretty proud of my all-star logo that tied for 2nd place, and had a lot of fun writing Aksel Fiske and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Showcase.

I received some great advice from a SMJHL GM during scouting to wait for a bit before picking up extra duties in the league so as not to burn myself out. I wanted to wait until after my rookie season, to make sure I could stay active and engaged in the SHL, before applying for jobs and becoming more involved in the league. I hope to pick up a job after the season ends, and look forward to becoming involved in the team that drafts me.

[Image: 1091735715194343496][Image: merh.gif][Image: 1091735379956211812]
[Image: jZtKPwK.png]    [Image: Thz4BYW.png]    [Image: ivBf7yq.png]    [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

[Image: merha.gif]
[Image: kvwHYOm.gif]
gay heghog

Knights|Dragons|Austria

Profile Page: Captain Spack Jarrow

Quote:1. How interested are you in joining the Dragons? Scale of 1-10. What do you know or like about the current team?
10 out of 10. This is my first go around so I'm like a puppy at a kennel, just happy to be picked. The experience joining this site/league has been great. It has taken me a month to just grasp the SMJHL and some of its history, unfortunately I don't know a lot about the SHL yet. I will definitely be catching up.

Despite the lack of historic knowledge, the Dragons have stood out as I have noticed your dedication though with a lot of twitter and graphic promotions and I love that about your team from a newbie perspective. The logo and jersey designs are also top notch and Spack Jarrow would look sharp as hell in it. I also saw a Picard render on the team and I am a big Next Gen fan.

Quote:2. What kind of player are you looking to build? Are you open to advice to help you achieve personal and team success?
My base is a sort of Bergeron shadow template but I made it without any real knowledge of how the league and sim works. Since it is my first player, I will be looking for advice and guidance. I am more than happy to build my player to fit the teams dynamic. I don't mind switching to center or adjust however it is needed.

Quote:3. What are you looking for in an SHL team and what do you enjoy in a locker room?
I'm just trying to learn the ropes, get comfortable, and just enjoy the Spack Jarrow meme'ing and whatnot. Not in any position to really pick and choose the type of team I want to be on. This is the least stressful league I've been a member of so this is all super chill in comparison to what I am use to.

Locker room wise? It is always nice to see when the conversation goes beyond the league. Members helping one another out with jobs/education/life help. Some members even meeting up in real life is cool to see. So I guess friendliness would be a big plus for me.

Quote:4. What have you enjoyed most so far about the SHL? 
It was a niche I wasn't aware existed that I wish I had found years ago. I was playing in competitive video game leagues when I would have been much happier participating in this type of league. Writing articles, creating graphic and renders of fake teams, an active community.

Quote:5. Do you see yourself always having time for the SHL, is there anything that could negatively effect your activity level over the next year or so? (New Job, School program, travel, etc)
Single. No children. I am a pretty active person in whatever league I am in. Just being a player (and not running teams or the league) is a nice change of pace for me. I will likely be starting a new job in the near future but it won't have any impact on my activity level. It has never been a problem in the past.

Quote:6. What Age group are you in, Under 20? Over 20? Over 30? (No worries if you don't want to reveal this).
WHAT??? How is there no "Over 40?" category? At least give me a "Boomer" option!

I am "Over 30" at 44 years of age who has a knee that feels 85 when it rains. I don't know the Pokemen and the Digimons but the Ninja Turtles are pretty radical.

Quote:7. Have you done any Media, GFX or Podcasts? Feel free to link one for us
I have created a few for this site. Won the s61 all-star logo competition this season. I haven't made a portfolio thread yet but here are a couple of my designs in the recent weekly submissions: https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=119321

Quote:8. Please let us know anything else you think would help us evaluate you as a potential future Dragons Superstar!!
1) Spack Jarrow's loyalty knows no limits. Hometown deal for the team that drafts him (am I allowed to say that?). Blind loyalty.
2) Spack Jarrow's goal is to have one of the longest careers in the SHL. For as long as he is wanted. Patrick Marleau's got nothing on Jarrow.
3) Spack Jarrow is future captain material if there has ever been one.
----
I've created several gaming leagues (a couple that are still running). I have a graphic/web design background and have A LOT of experience at leagues (although this is my first sim league). Feel free to hit me up if you want more details.

Thanks for listening.

[Image: yyo9APg.gif]

Knights|Dragons|Austria
(This post was last modified: 10-05-2021, 11:57 AM by Whitecap.)

1. I mean it has to be a 10 from me. I would be excited to join any team in the SHL, but the amount of effort put into the Dragons media, branding, etc, puts them a step above the rest. This seems like a great team and I would love to be a part of it.

2. At the moment I've been working on my playmaking and defensive skills. My end goal is to become an elite playmaker, and I'm willing to take any advice I can get to achieve that goal

3. As I said, I would be happy to join any team in the SHL, but I would love one with an active locker room and a positive atmosphere. A winning team would be nice obviously but I'm happy to be a part of building one.

4. I've been having a great time with meeting new people. I'm usually a bit of an introvert, but I thought that this league would be a great opportunity to step outside my comfort zone, and I've been very happy to do that so far. Outside of that, I like getting to develop my player and finding ways that I can be involved in helping my team succeed.

5. I'll have a lot of time to participate and nothing should get in the way of that.

6. I'm in my 20s

7. I'm terrible at graphics, but I'm trying to improve my skills so that at some point I might be able to make some. I have been trying my hand at writing some media, however. So far I've written two articles, the most recent one being my round 1 SMJHL playoffs preview. I also had the opportunity to announce my team's captains at the beginning of the season. Right now I'm working on a large draft preview for the upcoming SHL draft, so that I can hopefully cash in on that 2X draft bonus.

8. For any SHL team that drafts me, they would be getting a loyal and dedicated player. This is my first sim league experience so I'm open to learning as much as I can to get to where I want to be. But you can be sure that I will be diligent in trying to get there!

PanthersPanthersPanthersPanthers

KnightsKnightsKnightsKnights

(This post was last modified: 10-10-2021, 03:33 AM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

Knights|Dragons|Austria

09-24-2021, 12:45 PMconet_ Wrote: https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=119176

Goalie Ratings
Blocker: 7
Glove: 9
Passing: 5
Poke Check: 5
Positioning: 13
Rebound: 9
Recovery: 13
Puckhandling: 7
Low Shots: 13
Reflexes: 16
Skating: 8

Mental Ratings
*Aggression: 8
Mental Toughness: 9
*Determination: 15
*Team Player: 15
*Leadership: 15
Goalie Stamina: 13
*Professionalism: 15

I'm very interested! The Dragons have steady management and the hottest branding around. Media doesn't scare me. 8/10

My player is a reflex goalie. I'm always striving to do better than before. Advice is welcome. Team success begets personal success.

Some ice time and a stable group of players I can win over to count on my skills, maybe make a few friends.

The feeling of pride wearing that Armada jersey. Figuring out how the league works. Getting paid to play the coolest game on the planet. Looking at that stat board at the end of the year and seeing my name plastered all over it. Getting to know my teammates and my draft class. Finally mastering update threads.

I play this instead of I used to play shinny. No, I foresee no glitches.

I am a 41 year old male. I played competitive hockey from age 4 until 16 and continued to play shinny until i was 40.

I'm Willing to learn.

I am a survivor who dominates. I communicate effectively with others.. I have my own Discord Server which  I use to take breaks when I'm overwhelmed. I'm Bipolar 2, diabetic and have schizo-affective disorder. I am an empathetic and loving human being who relates to others  easily.
Armada 

9. Opinion of my talent.

I would understand getting picked in the 50's and not take it as a slight. I would enjoy playing for a Canadian team. If I'm not your number one superstar I can understand that and would still proudly join your organization.

Dominik Tretyak
Anchorage Armada
Goalie
Magnitogorsk, RUS

[Image: PP492HY.gif]

Knights|Dragons|Austria