Create Account

Offseason Time-Waster #1 - Which SHL team has the best logo?

This PT is for SHL players and senddowns only; it is not for SMJHL rookies just drafted as part of the S54 class.

Since this will be an extended offseason (tremendous thank you to everybody working hard to get things ready in the new system), I'm going to pop up with a couple of these offseason time-wasters to help bridge the gap til it's ready.

In this first one, the question is simple - which SHL team has the best logo?

Respond in this thread with your answer in 25+ words or reply to someone else's post with 25+ words about why they're right or wrong. 
Everyone who meets the 25+ word criterion will receive 1 uncapped TPE, to be claimed in a claim thread next week. 8-10 users who go above and beyond in this task will be selected as Participation+ members and will be awarded an additional uncapped TPE. 
Deadline: Sunday, March 22nd at 11:59PM ET
(keep your eyes out for the S53 Season Predictions and Awards Predictions threads, coming out later today!)

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

Everyone would assume I am going to say the New orleans Specters since I play there, but I think I would have to go with the manhattan Rage. The color scheme of Red and Black works really well and the name Rage with the Bull really blends well together in my opinion. It was also close for the Renegades to be there because I find it so slick and the fact that you can make some cool sigs with that color mix, but the Rage works so well with everything.

[Image: Bruins10.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic , @Ragnar and @sulovilen for the sexy Signature

the New Orleans Specters have a pretty sick color scheme of black, white, and purple that fits in well with the city's intrinsic DNA and past history, so i have to choose them

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

I think in terms of best logos it is pretty hard to go past LA. It's well known that Wasty is a graphics wizard and he certainly didn't drop the ball on his team logos. Toronto and Manhattan are close runners up.

Shout out to Calgary, Winnipeg, Minnesota and Chicago for rocking absolutely dog shit logos.

[Image: 66624_s.gif]
[Image: 56096_s.gif]
Credit to Ml002, King, Wasty, Carpy, Bruins10, Rum_Ham, Turd Ferguson, Ragnar and Enigmatic for the sigs.
Forge Stampede Inferno Specters Wolfpack Platoon Armada Scarecrows Uk

Player page | Player updates
[Image: wMGKypg.png]

I may catch a bunch of flack from the 'Peg locker-room for this, but Chicago has my vote.  The whole concept of the Chicago "gang world", and the black/yellow/gray color scheme just flows extremely well in my eyes (and from a graphics design standpoint).

Though I was toying around one day, and I pitched this to the 'Peg management.  If they ever wanted to rebrand, I'd pick something like "Manitoba Monsters"

[Image: 7O3NHPn.jpg]

But in retrospect...its way too color-schemed like a monster energy drink to be worthwhile haha!

The best SHL logo is obviously the Winnipeg Jets Jets . Not only were they the team who just drafted me, but their logo looks like a futuristic version of the NHL Winnipeg Jets. The colours are clean, and the iconic skyline of the great Prairie city of Winnipeg makes this logo pop!

Thanks Wasty, Carpy, JSS, TurdFerguson, Geekusoid and Awesomecakes for the sigs!
[Image: reidsuth.gif]

I gotta go with New Orleans. The color scheme is really good, the figure itself is pretty ominous, and the fleur-de-lis ties the whole thing together. This was well thought out.

[Image: ashford.png]

Whalers
[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

Renegades  raiders  Finland

Hamilton is the best logo. I have come to love everything about it over the last month or so looking at it each and everytime i come to the site. Nothing makes me more sad than to see it gone in a few short days. I will always miss you.

03-16-2020, 10:16 AMAcsolap Wrote: I think in terms of best logos it is pretty hard to go past LA. It's well known that Wasty is a graphics wizard and he certainly didn't drop the ball on his team logos. Toronto and Manhattan are close runners up.

Shout out to Calgary, Winnipeg, Minnesota and Chicago for rocking absolutely dog shit logos.
I take offence to this.

Not to the 'Wasty is a wizzard' part, obviously, because he is. And LA, Toronto and Manhattan have pretty decent team logos.

But the Minnesota logo does exactly what a logo has to do. If you see it, you immediately know it's the Chiefs. Also, the logo fits in perfectly with their colourscheme.

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

I'm a homeboy for sure, but it's not why I think it's the best logo.
The reason I think it's the best cause it's not a fucking tri/four tone logo with big ass fucking text under.

It actually resembles a original logo that wasn't invented to get people to rally behind some fake mascot.

I think it could do without the Buffalo in the middle of it to be honest, but this league is centered around american leagues so I guess a sports team can't exists without a animal or a weapon of mass destruction to identify with.

RETIRED

The Tampa Bay Barracudas have the best logo in the Simulation Hockey League. Every other logo is wrong because they are all inferior designs because I said so.

[Image: BoucherFan12.gif]

[Image: benzeev.gif]

06-11-2021, 05:33 PMKenitohMenara Wrote: [Image: BLUE.jpeg]
Welcome to the hall, Ben!

Personally, I realy like red colour. That's not because I like blood, lol. And I think best logos are Dragons logo and Rage logo they both have red colour in their logos. And that's why they are my favorite. If I need to choose one of them, than Dragons is number 1, I like all of dragons stuff and yea. Smile

I really think that Toronto's is fresh, a good representation of the city, and the logo just pops. Big fan of what they have going on.

Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]
[Image: AceIn603.gif]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

I've gotta go with the Manhattan Rage for this one. That bull that is the focal point of the logo is pretty menacing and would look unreal on a Carolina Hurricanes type jersey.

Player Page || Update Thread
[Image: ffBCCRQ.png]

I think the Manhattan Rage have the best logo. The way their integrated their hometown into it is probably the best around the league with the M and the Empire State Building at the bottom of it, without these two things taking to much place.

Nor Ge

Salzberger Lillehammersson
norway Inferno World Falcons

Anders Christiansen
[Image: inferno.png] [Image: dragons.png] [Image: wolfpack2.png] [Image: stars.png] [Image: Dxdffra.png] [Image: hGKuRrv.png] [Image: sAx3Llh.jpg] [Image: firebirds.png]