Create Account

Offseason Time-Waster #1 - Which SHL team has the best logo?

There are some very nice logos in the SHL, but I have to go with LA. I think the logo is phenomenal and definitely the best in the SHL. The colors are unique and the look of the logo is different, yet works. I think it's also one of the more "professional" logos in the SHL.

There are a lot of other good ones, but I just think when it comes to the best looking one, LA takes the cake.

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]

03-16-2020, 10:16 AMAcsolap Wrote: I think in terms of best logos it is pretty hard to go past LA. It's well known that Wasty is a graphics wizard and he certainly didn't drop the ball on his team logos. Toronto and Manhattan are close runners up.

Shout out to Calgary, Winnipeg, Minnesota and Chicago for rocking absolutely dog shit logos.

LA is great, no bias of course. The blue and orange is a gorgeous combination, the logo itself is clean, and the secondary logo is hella underrated.

Hard disagree on Chicago having dog shit logo(s), although I don't know if you're referring to the ones released yesterday or not. The new primary looks solid and that new alternate logo, while "simple" is amazing.

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

Like most people in the thread I will be biased, and say that New Orleans has the best logo since I GM there. Other than NOLA though I do like Toronto's logo a lot and LA has one of the best color schemes ever. It works extremely well for their logo.

[Image: thedangazone.gif]

As a GM it can be pretty easy to be biased towards my team. So I will pick a different team to give some love too. I am a big fan of the recently redesigned New England logo. I think it is sleek and gives a much better updated look for the franchise. Also if you look at the smilies block the right when making a message it looks like they are staring at Minny so I'm going to take that as a sign of affection.

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

03-16-2020, 10:49 AMsve7en Wrote:
03-16-2020, 10:16 AMAcsolap Wrote: I think in terms of best logos it is pretty hard to go past LA. It's well known that Wasty is a graphics wizard and he certainly didn't drop the ball on his team logos. Toronto and Manhattan are close runners up.

Shout out to Calgary, Winnipeg, Minnesota and Chicago for rocking absolutely dog shit logos.

LA is great, no bias of course. The blue and orange is a gorgeous combination, the logo itself is clean, and the secondary logo is hella underrated.

Hard disagree on Chicago having dog shit logo(s), although I don't know if you're referring to the ones released yesterday or not. The new primary looks solid and that new alternate logo, while "simple" is amazing.

Yea I just realised they updated it. The new one is considerably better than the prune in a crumpled suit logo they had before.

[Image: 66624_s.gif]
[Image: 56096_s.gif]
Credit to Ml002, King, Wasty, Carpy, Bruins10, Rum_Ham, Turd Ferguson, Ragnar and Enigmatic for the sigs.
Forge Stampede Inferno Specters Wolfpack Platoon Armada Scarecrows Uk

Player page | Player updates
[Image: wMGKypg.png]

Everyone's team logo looks the best because they all look so angry. Nobody wants to get along and that's at the heart of hockey and the internet

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget

I'm sick of looking at all of them, to be honest with you. Even the newer ones. I think a league wide re-brand is in order, just for the hell of it.

[Image: 45029_v.gif]

Sigs by: King, Tweedledunn, Me
Player Page|Twitter|Update Page
(This post was last modified: 03-16-2020, 11:29 AM by Clean Andrei Kostitsyn.)

like you see, i made post already with all logos :
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=104125

i wanted to compare, and then they steal best player idea without credits

anyways

here is images

[Image: logos10.png]
already, you can see, timbers logo is weak
i think if one need redesign, it is that one
maybe los angeles cats too

then, my deep analysis is CONTRAST

look

[Image: logos-10.png]
i like my new team logo, the Hamilton Birds (third one) but you can see it could have more contrast.
the lions and the detroit pidgeons could also have more contrast

i go by elimination, and keep good contrast only

[Image: 113.png]

okay, now back to color

[Image: 210.png]

you want logo to represent city and name in simple way
what much team make is put name in logo.
i dont like

[Image: 310.png]
Now with remain teams, scarecrow look not good. they maybe say : its not main logo. true, but main logo is more bad.

Finals : Man Tan Rage, Minesota Politicaly Inappropriates, Anaheim Whatever that animal is, Kelona Helmets, NFL Berserkers

Here is my choice :

SHL Winner : Minnessotta Chiefs
2nd place : Buffalos not from Buffalo
Special mention : Steelhawks (i need to sign contract)

SJHML Winner : Kelowna Unoriginal Name
2nd place : Berserkers
Special mention : Anaheim Outkasts

i have to add : all logos are impressive, well made already, dont take andrei personnal. is just jokes

Thank

[Image: cleanandrei.png]

let's rank all 16 instead of just picking the best one...because TPE Smile

16. Chiefs
Yea I just really don't like anything about this one, the colour scheme is ugly, the design of the logo itself really just isn't that visually appealing, your attention is brought straight to the headdress rather than the Chief's face. It's a no from me, Chiefs.

15. Dragons
This thing is so beyond outdated it's almost irritating, in a time where every team is moving to clean, simple logos with meaning, Calgary has insisted on keeping their heavily detail oriented eye sore, this is the same thing I absolutely hated about my own team's logo before they changed it.

14. Platoon
Have you ever seen the most bland, generic logo in pro sports? No? Well now you have. Circle logo, ugly colours, stars and stripes, eagle....we get it ok you're Murican.

13. Specters
This was a tough one because I absolutely love their colours but the logo is just too busy for me, same sort of criticism as Calgary in that there are just way too many meaningless details.

12. Wolfpack
The wolfpack rebranded lately and while the current version is a huge improvement on the original monstrosity produced by their rebrand, they still went from one of the league's nicer logos to e-sports team meets 1950's diner meets the stick in the San Jose Sharks logo.

11. Stars
Hey guys check it out....it's the Canadian West Kendall.

10. Jets
Ok so from this point on the logos definitely get much better, the next two logos were pretty close for me but the Jets' generic colours puts them in 2nd place in the battle of the circle logos.

9. Stampede
Thankfully, we're finally done with circle gang, the Stampede definitely have the league's nicest circle logo. The colour scheme has grown on me and the simple, subtle details on the logo look really nice.

8. Renegades
I really like the Renegades' logo overall but the text at the top is a really big eyesore and is probably the main thing keeping them out of the top 5.

7. pride
I love the colours, I love the simplicity of the details, they give Calgary and New Orleans a real lesson in clean mascot logo making. Unfortunately still slightly too busy for my eyes so 7th is the highest they'll go.

6. Panthers
LA does a great job showing circle gang how to make a round logo not look generic while still looking clean. Nice colours with a simple design that pays homage to the city.

5. Steelhawks
Hamilton surprisingly turned an "angry birds" theme into one of the best logos in the league, I think the uniqueness and how well the colour scheme works are really what do it for me.

4. syndicate
Ok so ignore the little icon above because it still has their old logo which is really on par with Calgary in terms of absurd, overdone details but their new logo is such a massive improvement it easily jumps into the top 5. The Syndicate managed to rebrand into a much cleaner, more modern logo without losing the essence of their branding. Really well done.

3. Barracuda
This one's really nice and it took me a lot of debating between going 2nd or 3rd but it falls just short from 2nd place in the end, I love both aqua/teal colours and monotonous colour schemes so this is honestly such a fresh, beautiful branding for me.

2. Blizzard
The Blizzard really get everything right with this one, they managed to go mascot style without going overkill on the details, the monotonous style really looks great with the colour they chose and the yellow accents that add a slight contrast do their job so well. The text is also unique rather than all the other teams with text in a mascot logo that all end up looking similar.

1. Rage
I honestly didn't like this logo at first but boy has it ever grown on me, the colour's look great, the bull's face has just the right balance of details and simplicity and the subliminal messaging in the bull's shading really complete the overall look with the M and empire state building that are hidden into the details of the logo.

[Image: selm.gif]
[Image: sig.gif]

Toronto. Tough to go against the blue and white colour combo. Just a clean and crisp logo that as manages to capture the essence of the city in which the team represents. As a sig maker, I thoroughly enjoy working with blue as a main color in my pieces. White is probably the easiest color for me to incorporate overall so I like the ease of the color scheme.

[Image: takethehorizon.gif]
[Image: IdMkYiH.png]

[Image: NIYtQkE.png] [Image: NjFSX1z.png]

03-16-2020, 11:14 AMBDonini Wrote: let's rank all 16 instead of just picking the best one...because TPE Smile

16. Chiefs
Yea I just really don't like anything about this one, the colour scheme is ugly, the design of the logo itself really just isn't that visually appealing, your attention is brought straight to the headdress rather than the Chief's face. It's a no from me, Chiefs.

15. Dragons
This thing is so beyond outdated it's almost irritating, in a time where every team is moving to clean, simple logos with meaning, Calgary has insisted on keeping their heavily detail oriented eye sore, this is the same thing I absolutely hated about my own team's logo before they changed it.

14. Platoon
Have you ever seen the most bland, generic logo in pro sports? No? Well now you have. Circle logo, ugly colours, stars and stripes, eagle....we get it ok you're Murican.

13.  Specters
This was a tough one because I absolutely love their colours but the logo is just too busy for me, same sort of criticism as Calgary in that there are just way too many meaningless details.

12. Wolfpack
The wolfpack rebranded lately and while the current version is a huge improvement on the original monstrosity produced by their rebrand, they still went from one of the league's nicer logos to e-sports team meets 1950's diner meets the stick in the San Jose Sharks logo.

11. Stars
Hey guys check it out....it's the Canadian West Kendall.

10. Jets
Ok so from this point on the logos definitely get much better, the next two logos were pretty close for me but the Jets' generic colours puts them in 2nd place in the battle of the circle logos.

9. Stampede
Thankfully, we're finally done with circle gang, the Stampede definitely have the league's nicest circle logo. The colour scheme has grown on me and the simple, subtle details on the logo look really nice.

8. Renegades
I really like the Renegades' logo overall but the text at the top is a really big eyesore and is probably the main thing keeping them out of the top 5.

7. pride
I love the colours, I love the simplicity of the details, they give Calgary and New Orleans a real lesson in clean mascot logo making. Unfortunately still slightly too busy for my eyes so 7th is the highest they'll go.

6. Panthers
LA does a great job showing circle gang how to make a round logo not look generic while still looking clean. Nice colours with a simple design that pays homage to the city.

5. Steelhawks
Hamilton surprisingly turned an "angry birds" theme into one of the best logos in the league, I think the uniqueness and how well the colour scheme works are really what do it for me.

4. syndicate
Ok so ignore the little icon above because it still has their old logo which is really on par with Calgary in terms of absurd, overdone details but their new logo is such a massive improvement it easily jumps into the top 5. The Syndicate managed to rebrand into a much cleaner, more modern logo without losing the essence of their branding. Really well done.

3. Barracuda
This one's really nice and it took me a lot of debating between going 2nd or 3rd but it falls just short from 2nd place in the end, I love both aqua/teal colours and monotonous colour schemes so this is honestly such a fresh, beautiful branding for me.

2. Blizzard
The Blizzard really get everything right with this one, they managed to go mascot style without going overkill on the details, the monotonous style really looks great with the colour they chose and the yellow accents that add a slight contrast do their job so well. The text is also unique rather than all the other teams with text in a mascot logo that all end up looking similar.

1. Rage
I honestly didn't like this logo at first but boy has it ever grown on me, the colour's look great, the bull's face has just the right balance of details and simplicity and the subliminal messaging in the bull's shading really complete the overall look with the M and empire state building that are hidden into the details of the logo.

agree for redbull, disagree for native people team

[Image: cleanandrei.png]

I'm a fan of the current Renegades logo. It's got an edgy look, almost symmetrical but not quite and is uniform with it's colours. They don't pop in your face like others with bright colours which makes it easier on the eyes.

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

personally i like the blizzard logo the best. Idk if it's because I am from edmonton or that I really like the color scheme but it just pleases my eyes. I like the frosty look of it all, being canadian and everything.

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]

I gotta give it to the Buffalo Stampede. It's simple and elegant, and it really feels like an old-timey hockey logo, like the bruins or habs. A lot of logos feel like bottom of the barrel AHL logos, something I cant really take seriously. The Stars get an honorable mention, but lose points for it not being that original.

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

This is going to be difficult. I wouldn't say that there is any logo I absolutely hate (some are just more boring or unoriginal than others). It's quite likely that I've worked with all of them so far making sigs, even though I'm not sure about that, so I will partly look at it from that perspective too. Which ones are easy to work with? I'm probably going to have to do a top 5 here, because I can't pick just one. Oh and btw. I think there are some SMJHL logos out there that I would rank higher than the SHL ones, but that wasn't part of the task here.

5.  Renegades - this one works well in b/w designs (or even just on white jerseys). It's quite dark, but you don't always need extra colors (which is why I don't like their alternate version as much).
4.  Stars - I've made quite a lot of Toronto sigs, not only for myself, but even though I generally don't like circle logos that much, this one looks great. Yes, despite being so 'basic' or 'simple'. Can't go wrong with those colors either.
3.  Chiefs - This is perhaps not the most original logo, but I like its shape for some reason.
2.  Panthers - The top two were the most difficult. I really like the LAP logo, especially the colors. I'm not even sure if I've used it before in a sig, because Wasty makes (most) LAP sigs, but maybe that's exactly the reason why I like it so much?
1.  Rage - My top pick. The idea behind this logo is just great (with the little M that incorporates the team's location). Very unique.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]