Create Account

SMJHL Offseason Time-Waster - New Home

So you've now been drafted and are beginning in to settle into your new SMJHL home. As this off-season drags on, what is your player most looking forward to about their new city and/or team?

Written option: Talk about what is most exciting to you about the new location you are moving to, whether it's hockey-related or regarding the area itself (25+ words).

Reward
1 TPE for doing the thing.

Only S53 SMJHL Rookies (S54 SHL Rookies) are eligible for this PT.

Do NOT claim TPE for this task until a post has been made in the claim thread.

Deadline
Sunday, March 22nd at 11:59 PM EST

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

Joining Vancouver is sure exciting. Being on the west coast of Canada where the weather is mild and the hockey is wild. It will certainly be a fun place to play for the foreseeable future.

[Image: 3MtyuZk.gif]
[Image: dAxJaBU.gif]

Moving to Anchorage is kind of insane, it feels so far away from the rest of civilization. Alaska is so much different than any other place I've ever lived, it's just so beautiful. One thing that really excites me is that finding a place to play pond hockey or to do workouts outside isn't going to be an issue. I think I'll be able to find a nice frozen patch of ice somewhere even in the off season!

[Image: SAwful.gif]

[Image: 4NkSjIm.png]  ||  [Image: 7bttGDC.png]

Armada  ||  Uk  ||  Wolfpack

Cal has been digging on the awesome training facilities. The team has been very supportive, and has been working hard to make sure he is in fighting shape to be the Whalers' starter this year.

Covid is also excited for the rabid hockey culture in Vancouver, which is something that he is not used to. He is looking forward to interacting with as many fans as he possibly can.

[Image: x7WZYBT.gif]
[Image: hTAHbeC.png][Image: OaCJVMI.png] | [Image: pMYriGC.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-20-2020, 01:13 PM by Zyrok.)

Have joined Carolina Kraken as a free agent, I'm still elegible for the next draft, it's surelly exciting and I want to develop my full potential here, happy with the managers and the team, hope this is a great season for us. The most exciting thing is that I'm going to be able to debut in this league of course

03-20-2020, 12:53 PMGwdjohnson Wrote: So you've now been drafted and are beginning in to settle into your new SMJHL home. As this off-season drags on, what is your player most looking forward to about their new city and/or team?

Written option: Talk about what is most exciting to you about the new location you are moving to, whether it's hockey-related or regarding the area itself (25+ words).

Reward
1 TPE for doing the thing.

Only S53 SMJHL Rookies (S54 SHL Rookies) are eligible for this PT.

Do NOT claim TPE for this task until a post has been made in the claim thread.

Deadline
Sunday, March 22nd at 11:59 PM EST
I’m looking forward to helping my team win a championship and being the best I can be for my teammates. But mostly I’m just excited to get my career started and to make a name for myself. I just want to see how well I do

Anaheim is a significant change from Jönköping, but Emilia finds it intriguing that she went as early in the draft as she did. Since the novel coronavirus is out in force, she's probably going to stay at home and try to keep in shape -- but once the all-clear is given, she'll find her way over to Disneyland at least once before the regular season proper starts.

Oh, and I guess the teammate thing too.

[Image: qgldMOE.png]
Thanks @Amidships!

Whats the most exciting about Maine so far? The climate. Its so nice during the spring and summer temperature wise compared to what feels like the endless Winters of Denmark, but they also have a really solid winter as well for when you want to get out and hit up the rinks as well.

[Image: 4zfXx6o.gif]

First when I joined I got into Czech Republic locker room, I thought that there won't be any better locker rooms out there. Turns out I was wrong. Carolina Kraken locker room is as amazing as the Czech one. I'm really looking forward to the season and attempting to win the cup!

Doing a podcast, ask me any question: HERE
[Image: unknown.png][Image: sig.png][Image: viticek.png]
Thanks to @caltroit_red_flames and @sve7en for these amazing sigs!

St. Louis is definitely a strange place for Elwulf Jericson. Growing up in the woods of Maine, the amount of people here is a big change for him. But the Scarecrows organization has been very helpful in getting Elwulf acquainted with the city. Training has been great with his teammates and he cannot wait to get into some games with his team.

[Image: jericson112.gif]
[Image: 5p7vOwY.png][Image: NA3IV5m.png]

Wow whats not to love about the small city of Kelowna? "Bear Creek Provincial Park" offers swimming, camping and beaches for me to take in during the off season, "Big White Ski Resort" is an option for long weekend getaways or holidays. But the one place where I am truly comfortable is at Prospera Place, home away from home!

[Image: Snoopdogg.gif]
    [Image: d9J5DHT.png]        norway      [Image: d9J5DHT.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-20-2020, 02:56 PM by JURT.)

Being drafted by Colorado really sucked, because I had to move away from my friends and family. One could argue that this would also have been true for every other team in the SMJHL. To those people, I would like to say the following : "Mind your goddamn business". It's actually saying that exact sentence to a random Coloradian on the street who, in retrospect, was minding his business that I discovered the most amazing thing.  After I told him that, he told me his "business" was working at the Dinosaur National Monument. I freaking love dinosaurs! I haven't gotten the chance to get there yet but I plan to spend my whole summer there and can't wait to have lots of fun with all the new dinosaur friends I'll make.

[Image: lespoils.gif]

Moving to Detroit was pretty easy. The boss man Tiggy Smalls is letting me stay in his basement. He’s friends with my dad. His cousin I think played with my brother in Detroit, so Our family’s know each other pretty well. It’s not finished or anything but the cot isn’t bad. Mrs. Smalls, she makes me call her Debra, is the only one who ever comes down. I never see her but sometimes, she forgets to turn the buzzer off on the dryer...

[Image: Fantobens.gif]

When I first heard I was headed to Detroit, I had to express my surprise that the city still exists. Now I know, it still somewhat exists. I am excited to keep tiny puck from entering the net here.

Lately I've been getting myself acquainted with Kelowna's vineyards. Being from Maine and living in Montreal I've always been a big beer guy, but Kelowna sure does have some great vino. SHEEEEESH!!!

[Image: rotti.gif]