Create Account

Give me money

After reviewing the SHL Media Rules, I have come to the conclusion that there is no actual rule requiring media to be SHL related.

So here is a shitty 2 page essay about Into the Wild that I wrote in high school english.

A Failure to Learn From

The story of Chris McCandless is one that offers a very disparate viewpoint of society, and that invokes a review of one's own principles and opinions. Jon Krakauer’sInto the Wild has broadcasted this viewpoint to many through both the book and movie representations of his life, and has led to many discussions of its significance. McCandless is often criticized for his careless behaviour, but others find redemption in his audacious departure from an arguably homogeneous world. Both conclusions are grounded in some truth, but ultimately a close look at McCandless’ life paints an unfortunate picture which reveals an arrogant and reckless personality, that tragically betrays both him and those who follow in his path.

When analysing the life and death of Chris McCandless, a common theme of arrogance arises frequently. The travels of McCandless highlight an detrimentally pretentious character, a quality that is essentially a catalyst for the suffering of both him and those that are involved in his short life. The arrogance is most deeply felt by his own family, forced to deal with a member who both abandoned them, and risked his life without regard for the emotional impact that turd have on his family. The effects of his death can be seen in Krakauer’s visit to the McCandless family, where Walt McCandless wonders “How is it that a kid with so much compassion could cause his parents so much pain” (104). He also describes how “The hardest part is simply not having him around anymore” (104). The reality is that if not for his arrogance, Chris would still be around.

The nature of McCandless’ death is the culmination of willful ignorance. An Alaskan park ranger, Peter Christian says “There was nothing heroic or even mysterious about what Chris McCandless did in April 1992.” Alaska was clearly predetermined to be the final destination of the journey, but a different outcome was in mind. To say McCandless romanticized his previous success would be an understatement, as he forwent any and all common sense to brave the Alaskan wilderness woefully unprepared. It would be foolish to assume anything other than that McCandless was fully aware of the incredible risk he was to undertake. In fact, Jim Gallien recounts, “I said the hunting wasn’t easy where he was going, that he could go for days without killing any game. When that didn’t work, I tried to scare him with bear stories. I told him that a twenty-two probably wouldn’t do anything to a grizzly except make him mad. Alex didn’t seem too worried. ‘I’ll climb a tree’ is all he said” (6). Gallien even “...offered to drive Alex all the way to Anchorage, buy him some decent gear, and then drive him back to wherever he wanted to go” (6). The answer to why McCandless chose almost certain defeat is buried with him.

McCandless never falters from his goal; never distracts himself with other matters. It’s obvious that from start to finish, he knew what he was getting into and was fully invested in it. But there’s no doubt that on his journey, McCandless changed. The names he used along his journey even reflect that, as he chose to be Alexander Supertramp when he was confident and determined, or Chris McCandless again when he was humble and defeated. It didn't matter in the end, because neither person could save him from himself.

[600 words]

[Image: arTbD7O.png]

Germany Berserkers Stampede Stars Barracuda syndicate

no, give me money

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

If it is in forum called SHLmedia, it is not meant for media related SHL by default?

[Image: bonk.gif]
Sigs by @FlappyGiraffe,  @Steelhead77,  @ToeDragon84, @slothfacekilla, @Wasty and other dude I need to find your name

Lil' Manius

Big Manius

03-20-2020, 05:52 PMBonk Wrote: If it is in forum called SHLmedia, it is not meant for media related SHL by default?
This is the media section of the SHL website

Simulation Hockey League > League Media > SHL Media > Give me money

Hmm

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

Counterpoint: Give me money.

[Image: CAu3g3c.png]

[Image: zS2lCMp.png]  [Image: oMh09WY.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: wu5MVvy.png]  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

03-20-2020, 05:54 PMNeonLime Wrote:
03-20-2020, 05:52 PMBonk Wrote: If it is in forum called SHLmedia, it is not meant for media related SHL by default?
This is the media section of the SHL website

So is the smjhl media forum is for the smjhl website?

[Image: bonk.gif]
Sigs by @FlappyGiraffe,  @Steelhead77,  @ToeDragon84, @slothfacekilla, @Wasty and other dude I need to find your name

Lil' Manius

Big Manius

03-20-2020, 05:56 PMBonk Wrote:
03-20-2020, 05:54 PMNeonLime Wrote: This is the media section of the SHL website

So is the smjhl media forum is for the smjhl website?
It is the media section for SMJHL players

I need money more tf

steve you absolute genius

[Image: minadsslatt.png]

genius.
[Image: you-did-it-24a783eb67.jpg]

Stars Stars Stars
[Image: aumy3.png]

(This post was last modified: 03-20-2020, 06:23 PM by LordBirdman.)

Hairman media
Give many users cancer
But he make pictures

[Image: BirdmanSHL.gif]

Jean-François Bokassa
Armada

Proud Father of Johnny Wagner-Svenson

[Image: unknown.png]
Sven Svenson Career Stats

Sweden Raptors pride

Renewed focus on bonuses for high quality media

While there has been a bonus for high quality media in place for a while now, we will be putting extra effort into making sure that those who do put the time in to produce this type of media are rewarded. Now you may be asking how high quality is determined? While this is ultimately up to the graders' discretion, a high quality media is one that takes a critical look into the league. It could be an article that involves the entire SHL, an article that is team-specific or pertains to just a few teams, or can even be a quality podcast. These are the types of media that actually encourage discussion so it's never a bad thing to see more of this!

03-20-2020, 06:49 PMCementHands Wrote: Renewed focus on bonuses for high quality media

While there has been a bonus for high quality media in place for a while now, we will be putting extra effort into making sure that those who do put the time in to produce this type of media are rewarded. Now you may be asking how high quality is determined? While this is ultimately up to the graders' discretion, a high quality media is one that takes a critical look into the league. It could be an article that involves the entire SHL, an article that is team-specific or pertains to just a few teams, or can even be a quality podcast. These are the types of media that actually encourage discussion so it's never a bad thing to see more of this!
Did not claim this was high quality media nor did I claim this was worthy of a bonus

03-20-2020, 06:59 PMNeonLime Wrote: Did not claim this was high quality media nor did I claim this was worthy of a bonus

Well.. Shit