Create Account

The 2nd Cookie Classic Invitational
(This post was last modified: 03-31-2020, 06:28 PM by _Blitz_.)

If you're like me, you're bored, work is on hold, and there is no hockey on TV. The Class 52 Podcast Group would like to present:

The 2nd Cookie Classic Invitational

[Image: 7bnzvTg.png]
Modeled on our S52 Pre-Playoff Pickup game, which we're re-naming the 1st Cookie Classic, this tournament is expanded to four teams competing for glory, bragging rights, and the Golden Cookie. This Tournament is Open to ANYONE Who is Interested. The only thing we ask is that if you are a player with more than 425 TPE, please downscale your build to 425 TPE or lower. If you aren't at 425 TPE yet and would like to upscale, that is totally okay. This is meant to be a little bit looser on rules than the regular SHL, and to fill time while everybody's stuck at home.

I'd like to broadcast the games on Twitch as I sim them. At the very least, I'll post recordings of the games to YouTube. Currently planning a 10-game Round Robin and Best-of-3 Playoff, but I may have to adjust for length of the quarantine and number of participants. I'll have more details with the roster announcements.

Why Girl Scout cookies? Well, for starters, never ask me questions while I'm hungry. When we originally brainstormed themes for the Pick-Up game, Strom asked us what to pick. I had just come home with five boxes of Girl Scout cookies, so that was where my brain went. This time around, though, we've got half of the branding done already, so why not keep it going? It also helps that each cookie has a style and brand, so it's easier to match themes.

Meet the Teams

Team Thin Mints

[Image: H221W5t.png]

Captain: Danny Marston - @Capt_Blitzkrieg
Assistant Captains: Adam Scianna - @RedCapeDiver
                                  Ruslan Zaporozhets - @CptSquall

In the last tournament, Team Thin Mints won in the Shootout off of a beautiful shot by Rhys Pritchard, now Captain of the Tagalongs. Now the Thin Mints look to stay victorious even as new challengers approach. Can they reign supreme in hockey as in cookie sales?
This team is based on dark chocolate and mint cookies with a light coating of chocolate. These are by far the most popular Girl Scout cookies by sales.
----------------------------------------

Team Do-Si-Dos

[Image: pL00x4i.png]
Captain: Strom Chamberlain - @Geekusoid
Assistant Captains: Jimmy Wagner - @sve7en
                                  Steve Harrington - @"NeonLime"

Returning after a heartbreaking loss to the Thin Mints, the Do-Si-Dos are ready to prove that they're not nuts and they can dance with the best of them. Look for the team to rally around Captain Strom Chamberlain and get to work.
This team is based on oatmeal sandwich cookies with peanut butter filling. These usually trade 4th place in popularity with another variety of cookie, called Trefoils.

Team Tagalongs
[Image: lprMTOi.png]

Captain: Rhys Pritchard - @notoriousTRON
Assistant Captains: Ivan Maximus - @thiefofcheese
                                   Phineas Gold - @Z0REM

The first of the expansion teams, should we get a full enough roster, the Tagalongs look to prove that they're not just the better peanut butter cookie, they're the best all around.
  This team is based on shortbread cookies topped with peanut butter and then dipped in chocolate. They are also called Peanut Butter Patties. Tagalongs are typically ranked 3rd in popularity by sales metrics.
Team Samoas

[Image: Np8z7Z9.png]
Captain: Cal Labovitch - @Mutedfaith
Assistant Captains: Lal "The Cabbage" Cabovitch - @dylanjj37
                                  Frederick Wanesly - @Mediocre_Fred

The second expansion team, Samoas are tired of being the runners-up. They maybe sweet and tropically-themed, but the calm associated with the islands is not a trait in these Samoas. They're looking to finally prove, through hockey, that they're the best.
This team is based on shortbread cookies topped with caramel and coconut and then half-dipped and drizzled in chocolate. Samoas are typically ranked #2 in popularity by sales metrics.

To get a closer look at logos and planned uniforms, check out the album on Imgur.

The rosters and tentative lines are posted! The team descriptions are also updated with the Team Captains and Assistant Captains. If you posted a preference, we made sure you got put on that team. If you had multiples, you were picked between those teams. For those that we pulled from the sheet from the 1st Cookie Classic or who gave no preference, we had a miniature draft where the Captains picked.

I'm looking to start streaming the games on Twitch starting Thursday, April 2nd, around 6 PM EST. We won't do as many as the regular season games.

Since this article was technically graded and moved, and this could take a while, we set up a Discord for the Index and stats to be posted in. You are welcome to join, even if you're not on a team. This is the Invite Link.

Let me know if you have any questions, either here or on Discord. I apologize for taking so long to get everything put together.

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

Lets Go Do-Si-Do!

Innnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

Team Thin Mints baby!!

[Image: hudson.png]

If you played in the pickup game, I'll include you with the same build from that time unless asked not to or you give me a different build. If you want another build, just DM me here or on Discord.

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

SAMOAS GONNA GET YOU

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

Merging the list from the last pickup game, and looking at the new list, I'm looking at 3F lines, 2D Lines, and a Goalie.

With that in mind, we have:
- 10/12 Centers
- 18/24 Wingers
- 10/16 Defensemen
- 2/4 Goaltenders

If you're interested, there's still time to join! This is open to everybody, just submit a 425 or lower build.

hi yes i would like in
specifically the di-si-dos to remember the fun of gym square dancing earlier this school year which was fun

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

In! Added my player Emilia Bergman Smile

[Image: qgldMOE.png]
Thanks @Amidships!

Hopefully I got in on time!

(This post was last modified: 03-26-2020, 11:21 AM by Julio Tokolosh.)

sounds cool. i dont have anywhere to post a build, so i will use your thread, like a heathen.

TPE: 425
Dangler
Player Attributes

Points Available: 0

Offensive Ratings
Screening: 5
Getting Open: 14
Passing: 8
Puckhandling: 14
Shooting Accuracy: 15
Shooting Range: 8
Offensive Read: 15

Defensive Ratings
Checking: 7
Hitting: 5
Positioning: 8
Stickchecking: 8
Shot Blocking: 5
Faceoffs: 5
Defensive Read: 10

Physical Ratings
Acceleration: 14
Agility: 14
Balance: 11
Speed: 15
Stamina: 9
Strength: 5
Fighting: 5

Mental Ratings
Aggression: 5
Bravery: 5
*Determination: 15
*Team Player: 15
*Leadership: 15
*Temperament: 15
*Professionalism: 15

*Indicates attributes that cannot be edited.

Player Page || Player Updates || Visual History

iinnnn

[Image: HuuveriCUDA.png]
 Raptors Raptors Sweden Thanks to @JSS for the sig! Sweden Barracuda Barracuda 

Why not?

Player Attributes

Points Available: 2

Offensive Ratings
Screening: 15
Getting Open: 9
Passing: 10
Puckhandling: 9
Shooting Accuracy: 9
Shooting Range: 9
Offensive Read: 9

Defensive Ratings
Checking: 9
Hitting: 9
Positioning: 9
Stickchecking: 9
Shot Blocking: 9
Faceoffs: 9
Defensive Read: 9

Physical Ratings
Acceleration: 9
Agility: 9
Balance: 9
Speed: 9
Stamina: 9
Strength: 15
Fighting: 15

Mental Ratings
Aggression: 15
Bravery: 15

Doing a podcast, ask me any question: HERE
[Image: unknown.png][Image: sig.png][Image: viticek.png]
Thanks to @caltroit_red_flames and @sve7en for these amazing sigs!

(This post was last modified: 03-26-2020, 10:51 PM by hockeyiscool.)

In

Player Attributes

Points Available: 0

Offensive Ratings
Screening: 11
Getting Open: 14
Passing: 10
Puckhandling: 10
Shooting Accuracy: 12
Shooting Range: 9
Offensive Read: 14

Defensive Ratings
Checking: 12
Hitting: 11
Positioning: 10
Stickchecking: 9
Shot Blocking: 10
Faceoffs: 5
Defensive Read: 12

Physical Ratings
Acceleration: 13
Agility: 13
Balance: 13
Speed: 13
Stamina: 11
Strength: 11
Fighting: 5

Mental Ratings
Aggression: 5
Bravery: 10

Rosters are posted!