Create Account

S53 SMJHL PT #1 - Learning the Locker Room

Decided to catch 2nd season Forward, Santtu Rasanen (@KenitohMenara ) , after a practice one day.  He is the most vocal 2nd season player we have on the roster so wanted to get his opinion on a few tips on how to fit into the lifestyle of the SMJHL and in particular being part of the Armada.

1) What are your suggestions on the best things to do in Anchorage?

Honestly? Take the nature tours. I know it sounds stupid but I didn't know anything about Anchorage before I stepped off the plane. My linemates took me around the place and I was amazed by all the nature that was here. The northern lights tour is something I'll never forget. Alaska is a beautiful state with a lot of amazing things to see. You can plot out great running routes just about anywhere as well.

2) Favorite NHL Player growing up and why?
It might be a bit cliche but Teemu Selanne. The finest player (in my opinion) Finland has ever produced and also one of the best goal scorers ever to play the game. He was just such an electric talent that it no matter where he went, he would light the lamp. Just watching his highlights are fun!

3) Whats your opinion on the management at Anchorage and how could I get on their good side the best?
The GM and the head coach are good people. Friendly people too. They run a tight ship (heh) with the Armada and they give plain and honest advice. Want to get on their good side? Work hard! Do your training, make sure updates are on time and do the extra tasks for TPE. They can direct your development but only if you get the TPE up. Also, and this is just a regular thing, don't be an ass about things

Thanks a ton Santtu for showing me the ropes and giving me some great tips! Armada

[Image: honkerrs.gif]
[Image: OPTIMIZED.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: S53 SMJHL PT 1 - Learning the Locker Room - by honkerrs - 03-23-2020, 09:52 PM