Create Account

HIRED - SMJHL Awards Committee Member & Award Show Host
(This post was last modified: 04-05-2020, 06:38 PM by hhh81.)

Hey all,

I want to thank @Tomen and @Gwdjohnson for their time on the SMJHL Awards Committee. They both always provide some of the most thorough and well-thought out ballots each season, and I know it makes the award show more robust and effective to have their commentary. They have both resigned to pursue other great opportunities in the management of the site, and they will be missed. Also @"jfisherr" has been informed he will not continue on as SMJHL Awards Show Host for S53. His shows were rarely boring, and semi-frequently controversial, but I appreciate the energy and humor he brings to the role. The new host will have big shoes to fill.

Because of this, I have some hiring to do!

The SMJHL Awards Committee Members are expected to submit a complete and timely awards ballot each season while also participating in conversations about awards each season. Pay is $2 million per season.

The SMJHL Award Show Host(s) receive the awards finalists + winners from me, as well as any other notes I can provide to help them. They, similar to a play-by-play, have to post a fun, interesting and exciting Awards show thread once a season. @Eggy216 formerly gave everyone blue balls during every draft lottery. Do something like that, build tension, hype, whateva! I give you a fair bit of leeway in structure and creativity, so the show is yours to play with and make your own! Pay will be 2-3 million a season, pending a conversation with @BadWolf and maybe @SDCore.

Applications will be open until Wednesday, April 1st at 11:59pm CDT. Please PM me with answers to the following questions!

Code:
1. Why do you want to be on the SMJHL Awards committee?
2. What ideas, if any, do you have regarding improving awards committee moving forward?
3. The awards committee holds a good amount of power in recognizing and awarding outstanding players. How would you go
about remaining fair and impartial in completing your awards committee duties?
4. How closely do you follow the SMJHL right now?
5. What special considerations do you think might be appropriate for the awards committee to take with the transition to FHM?
6. How would you structure your SMJHL Awards Show, if hired as the new host? Do you have any skills with graphics/video that would be useful in being the next Award Show host? [Just for Award Show Host]

Let me know if you have any questions! My Discord is hhh81#1323, and I'm usually on there (even when I shouldn't be).

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

Applied

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52

Here are some sample award shows, for reference. Don't let these be the limits of your imagination!

S51 SMJHL Awards

S49 SMJHL Awards

S47 SMJHL Awards

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

replied

Really enjoyed this job! Only quit so I could focus more on PT Director, but it was fun to work. Recommend it to anyone into the analytics and stats!

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

Applied!

[Image: JvI8fTp.png]

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png]

[Image: uDjThoa.png]

Bump!

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

Applied

[Image: blurrybad.jpg] [Image: zomboy3.png]
Thank you Brandon, Fish, GeckoeyGecko, Karey, Kit, takethehorizon, and Ragnar for the sigs!
[Image: Pw202QP.jpeg]

Player Page || Update page

Don't forget to apply Smile THESE APPS ARE HOT

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

Happy Monday! Apps are still open

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

Hello! Got some great applications for the open awards committee member, but no one applied for award show host!

If you might be interested in being the awards show host, throw an app in!

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

Thanks for all the lovely applications! It is exciting to see so many people interested in being part of the awards process.

Without further adieu, I'd like to introduce the two newest members of the SMJHL Awards Committee, @JHS and @"jfisherr"!

Also, during the process of this, @DaftRaincloud informed me he wished to step aside for ~various reasons~. His service has been welcomed.

That means we have an all new awards show team! I've hired @Inf1d3l and @"reid_sutherland" to take over hosting duties. I already like where this is going from our early conversations. I hope you will do.

Thanks for reading!

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

congratulations to new committee

[Image: Snoopdogg.gif]
    [Image: d9J5DHT.png]        norway      [Image: d9J5DHT.png]

Fish has let me know he wants to step down from the committee before doing anything (typical fish!) to do a different "better" job.

So I'm hiring @Thatguy91. He was close to getting hired the first time, so when things opened up it was a no brainer. Congrats!

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors