Create Account

Pre-Season in Colorado

918 Words, Ready For Grading

Pre-season is underway in Colorado and the training facilities are filled with people. Media and fans are trying their best to get the first glimpse of their favourite team before the season starts. We can see Colorado players in the locker room hallway preparing for the first pre-season on ice practice. Just announced Colorado captain, Simothy Drunkebird, is taping his stick while talking to the staff while Raptor superstar goalie Samat Beibitzhanov is stretching down in the corridor. We had a quick chance to chat with Raptors younger goalie Jerry Huuveri, who gets ready for his second season in SMJHL. So Huuveri, how are feeling about pre-season and the upcoming season?
" It's great to see the guys after a long offseason. It's also a pretty bitter sweet feeling because couple of great leaders have left to play in SHL. HLO (Henrik Lekberg Osterman) and Dany (Daniel Kuster) were great leaders for us and I wish them all the best in their bright future in SHL. We had a great run at WJC with the Swedes so I didn't really get to miss them during the offseason. Although Bradley Barkov gave me some hard time after I played with Sweden in the tournament. He wasn't amused especially after he made a tweet about new blue and yellow color pads before the roster announcement was even made. Here, have you seen this? :

Banter aside, it is really nice to catch up with old team mates, and of course the new ones! For a example  Aubry Jr. and Jean-Uthred Ragnarsson-Tremblay, J for short, are great guys and good additions to our already great squad! We are expecting to have another great season and hopefully we can go deeper in the playoffs. The fans really deserves it. They showed great support to us last season and we will not let them down this season either. As the preparations go, right now we are getting ready to improve our system and get new guys onboard with it. It is really important that we all are on the same page with the play style if we want to see succes in the tight league. After all we are all young guys and always improving our invidual game, the real difference comes from our structure, and how we make the most of it. Oh, and talking about rookies! We made them to do a little floorshow as a welcoming prank. As a Dino rookies they had to learn "Five little Dinos" and do a little show for our amusement. And I have tell you, Aubry Jr. really went all in on it haha! "

[Image: giphy.gif]
Aubrey Jr. getting his reward for the best "Five Little Dinos" performance

With his second season begining Huuveri might have a better understanding about the league compared to his first season. Which teams Colorado have to look out for this season? :
"Well no team are push overs in this league. We need to be ready to battle and always improve if we want to have good results. But if had to pick a one team, it's going to be Detroit for sure. They have a great core and you can be sure that we will be giving our best every time we face them this season. And I have to add St. Louis, I mean how they robbed us last year in the second round.. It still sucks, after all they were better in that series but still, We had a great chance but didn't deliver. But we have learned from it and I hope we get to face them this year. It would be a great series."

That ended our time with Huuveri as he gets ready for the practice.
Colorado had a rollercoaster of a season last year which ended on a high note, if you compare how the season started for them. The three way tie to the Laurifer Trophy and a second round elimination in the playoffs got hopes in Colorado pretty high for the season 53. On the practice center stands are bunch of fans watching their beloved's team practice. We asked one fan how he is feeling about this year's Colorado Raptors roster:
" I have been watching this team for a nearly 20 years now, and I have to say that the last's season comeback from the bottom half of the standings to the three way tie to get the Laurifer Trophy is one of the greatest thing I have wittnessed this team to do. I don't know what happened to them coming to playoffs, but it was a great season overall. Although it was really frustating to watch, the playoffs that is, after we had a 2-0 game lead and that came with ease. Only to lose 4 games a row. Damn.. But as loyal fan I keep believing in these guys and this organization that they will bring us the Four Star Cup championsip and it will be worth the wait! I have been watching the pre-season as long as I can remember and all I can say about this team is that they have a great chance to win it all in the upcoming years. I can see that the veteran guys are in top shape and the new rookies bring a alot of energy to the team and have a huge potential. Very exciting times for a Raptors fan!"

That concludes our sneak peek on how things are going in Colorado before the season starts, good luck and have a exciting season!

[Image: HuuveriCUDA.png]
 Raptors Raptors Sweden Thanks to @JSS for the sig! Sweden Barracuda Barracuda 

Neat article my dude, go dinogang! Raptors Raptors Raptors

[Image: JvI8fTp.png]

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png]

[Image: uDjThoa.png]

Dino gang gangggg

[Image: BirdmanSHL.gif]

Jean-François Bokassa
Armada

Proud Father of Johnny Wagner-Svenson

[Image: unknown.png]