Create Account

The Friendly Cup 4, brought to you by The Outlungus Foundation ~ Tournament Proper

[Image: Friendly_Cup_logo.png]

Finally, after a small delay due to a severe case of "finally bought FHM 6, gonna see how messed up the Brazilian League gets there", here we are: the Friendly Cup 4 is a go. Three teams square off with the goal of having fun and bringing funds to the Outlungus Foundation. This season, we've brought in the role of a captain. The captain could pick his team's SHL members via a draft that took place last week.

Quote:KOKKURI-SAN SC
Jean Louis Robotnik ([Image: naganoemote.png], IHL)
Oskar Lammers ([Image: Xd6EOYL.png], IHL)
Berocka Sundqvist ([Image: SEA-square.png], VHL)
Madeline de Groningen ([Image: naganoemote.png], IHL)
Makena Chepkirui ([Image: abiemote.png], IHL)
Yoshimitsu McCloud [C] ( Platoon  @Thunfish)
Rhys Pritchard ( Outlaws @notoriousTRON)
Ryuuji Minamino ( Berserkers @Nhamlet)
Louis Koo ([Image: naganoemote.png], IHL)
Jules Watt ( syndicate @nykonax)
Luca Sparrow ([Image: naganoemote.png], IHL)

Substitutes
Ramón Castagna ([Image: naganoemote.png], IHL)
Karin Olander-Kron ([Image: naganoemote.png], IHL)
Klemens Lochte ([Image: Xd6EOYL.png], IHL)
Wilfried Tiacoh ([Image: abiemote.png], IHL)
Keita Akao ([Image: naganoemote.png], IHL)
Daniela Restrepo ([Image: Xd6EOYL.png], IHL)
Niall O'Kearney ([Image: naganoemote.png], IHL)
Koichiro Watanabe ([Image: naganoemote.png], IHL)
Wilhelm Hagerstrom ([Image: naganoemote.png], IHL)
Matthew Chikuji-Adams ([Image: naganoemote.png], IHL)
Francis Vezina-Lecompte ([Image: naganoemote.png], IHL)
Hidenobu Tsujimoto ([Image: naganoemote.png], IHL)

WILHELMINA
Eliud Kipliogat ([Image: abiemote.png], IHL)
Bruno Marques ([Image: naganoemote.png], IHL)
Eric Hudson ( Scarecrows @EricNCSU)
Mick Ouwendijk ([Image: amsemote.png], IHL)
Riley Walker ([Image: HOU.png.c63c99609f2d60f007072a351f94e169.png], VHL)
Danny Marston ( Scarecrows @Capt_Blitzkrieg)
Alex Winters ( Rage @39alaska39)
Cal Labovitch [C] ( Falcons @Mutedfaith)
Ovidiu Iordache ([Image: abiemote.png], IHL)
Emeka Valentine-Okoli ( Renegades @ProjectSaint)
Hiroshi Okada ([Image: CGY-square.png], VHL)

Substitutes
Mikko Karhu ([Image: naganoemote.png], IHL)
Baptiste Traoré ([Image: abiemote.png], IHL)
Thomas Babjak ([Image: naganoemote.png], IHL)
Pedro Villa ([Image: Xd6EOYL.png], IHL)
Rasmus Rooba ([Image: abiemote.png], IHL)
Mariya Suzumiya ([Image: naganoemote.png], IHL)
Elias Heidenreich-Jansen ([Image: naganoemote.png], IHL)
Taichi Watanabe ([Image: naganoemote.png], IHL)
Paul Bolou ([Image: naganoemote.png], IHL)
Yoko Saito ([Image: naganoemote.png], IHL)
Masaki Ariga ([Image: naganoemote.png], IHL)
Matthew Whitehall ([Image: naganoemote.png], IHL)

the mighty cherries
Everett Schrekengost ([Image: Xd6EOYL.png], IHL)
Aleksandra Olsen (Last seen with [Image: Miss_Icon_g4UOKIp.png], VHL)
David Vent (@ImShiny)
K. Palazzo ([Image: CGY-square.png], VHL)
Mitchell van der Hejiden [C] ( Armada @bluesfan55)
Fitzroy John ([Image: abiemote.png], IHL)
Nathan Fowler ([Image: Xd6EOYL.png], IHL)
Brock Schweitzer ([Image: Xd6EOYL.png], IHL)
Steve Harrington ( Berserkers @"NeonLime")
Gavin Wallace ( Berserkers @SpontaneousCombustion)
Monkey D. Luffy ( Stampede @TnlAstatine)

Substitutes
Kim Dae Seong ([Image: naganoemote.png], IHL)
Nathan Lotvall ([Image: abiemote.png], IHL)
Koriko Seikaihashi ([Image: naganoemote.png], IHL)
Simon Limbourg ([Image: naganoemote.png], IHL)
Ingemar Ryd ([Image: Xd6EOYL.png], IHL)
Jesperi Hamalainen ([Image: naganoemote.png], IHL)
Samba Ba ([Image: abiemote.png], IHL)
Wu Guan ([Image: naganoemote.png], IHL)
Aron Spevacek ([Image: naganoemote.png], IHL)
Kyutaro Ichida ([Image: naganoemote.png], IHL)
Andres Rodríguez ([Image: naganoemote.png], IHL)
Tatsuguchi Morita ([Image: naganoemote.png], IHL)

Quote:I wanna keep track of the tournament's standings, how do I do that?
Remember:
- Wins count three points.
- Losses count no points.
- Draws count one point, while the winner of the penalty shootout after the match gets an additional point.

Expect posts featuring each match to follow shortly, as I'm supposed to prepare myself some lunch right now and my internet connection decided to have a field day in not working properly.

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR

Under light rain at the Dynamo Park, the fourth edition of the Friendly Cup started as the team named after a divination table game took against the team named after an actual candy: McCloud's Kokkuri-san SC squared off against Labovitch's Wilhelmina and you can watch the two-parter right here!

Quote:With that result, Kokkuri-san SC gets the lead from the very start, leading the tournament with three points. Wilhelmina starts at the bottom but should have a chance of improvement should they get a win over the mighty cherries which could then, theoretically, put them in the same position as the team that just beat them.

Expect Wilhelmina x TMC to be posted shortly, after my lunch.

Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR

i can confirm that i specifically asked thun to make the team name lowercase
should spur us on to victory

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

Surprise! Lunch is going to take a bit longer and I messed around with the modem a bit, so we should be ready for the longest game of the tournament: following their efforts against Kokkuri-san SC, Wilhelmina now squares off against the all-lower cases outfit of the mighty cherries. This also marks the return of a friend of this tournament: the penalty shootout!

Quote:A bittersweet moment of relief for Wilhelmina in the end as in spite of their achievement in finally reaching a mark in the win column, the outfit returns home with only two points. Not all is lost to the mighty cherries, however, as they still have a decisive duel against the current leaders in Kokkuri-san SC.

Expect the mighty cherries x Kokkuri-san SC to be posted shortly, probably after my lunch but no guarantees that I'll have lunch before posting it.

Outlungus

Terrible start, time to pick it up and eat some cherries!

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

goshdarnit
guess i shouldnt have chosen to model my team after an english one because god knows they can't win shootouts

I should have stuck a couple of those in the net

This is ridiculously fun to watch. Thanks for setting this up!

[Image: hudson.png]

And we're back after a lunch break, some uni studying and a couple of glasses of yerba mate. In the end, the trophy was now up to grabs. Kokkuri-san SC's had the simplest of jobs: get a win or a draw over the mighty cherries to guarantee themselves a piece of silverware for the season (even if not exactly in hockey-related regards) while the mighty cherries themselves would only get out of this satisfied if they were able to leave a raining night in San Bernardino with a win.

Quote:Call it a choke of all ages, call it a shocker victory... call it whatever you want: the mighty cherries came from a penalty loss to a respectable win and with just that, they've managed to reach the honour of Friendly Cup 4's champions!

[Image: unknown.png]

SPECIAL THANKS

In light of the current state of affairs in the entirety of the world, this edition of the Friendly Cup took a bit of an interesting twist for me. To those who don't know, my hometown is currently in quarantine like almost everywhere. If I'm not mistaken, Rio de Janeiro itself has 200 cases or so of the COVID-19 pandemic. Thankfully, none of the cases are of people I'm familiar with nor do I happen to have it myself as far as I'm aware but what I can feel is the rather dystopic emotion that some do share. In times like these, it's important to distract yourself when not under any sort of task (yours truly is still studying for his accounting degree at the moment, as uncertainty doesn't mean I can take a break) so the entire process of editing, drawing, researching and just overall watching the games were overall cathartic and I also appreciate that this might also help my funds in the league.

Of course, none of this would be possible without the interest of other members. I'm aware that the sport is technically niche and while there definitively is a sim soccer league somewhere, I do prefer the causality of a little pre-season deal just for funsies before the season here really picks up and the lack of new, current action due to the current circumstances of the world out there meant that running my little tournament may be at least decent enough of a watch for those who are that desperate for soccer. My most sincere thanks, of course, goes to everyone who signed up, those who watched with some interest and those who might pass by this thread and watch the games.

I would also like to give special thanks to @bluesfan55 and @Mutedfaith for signing up as captains. I didn't exactly know how my idea to make the tournament more interesting would fare and hopefully, they did enjoy this as much as I did. Special thanks also go to the folks from the Intercontinental Hockey League, which is run by @enigmatic. For those with a keen eye, There was a sponsor banner for the league and most of the players used for this are from that league (common nature since it's a GM only league) but it was also via there that we were able to feature some VHL players. I dunno if this counts for some sort of inter-league union but hey, I've found it a rather interesting facet of things when I wrote up who was playing in which team.

WILL THERE BE A FRIENDLY CUP 5?

If I'm alive, kicking and with a working computer? Yeah, sure. If you want me to hit you up whenever signups for that are up, just say it via... eh, anyway that suits you, to be honest. Hope you all had fun!

Outlungus

Championes! Championes! Ole! Ole! Ole!

CHAMPIONS
CHAMPIONS
YES

i claim all plaudits as captain

CURSE MY LACK OF FINISHING

[Image: ProjectSaint.gif]
Sig Credit: Flappy (EVO) and Skolpaddor (RESO)

EMEKA VALENTINE-OKOLI/PLAYER

First SMJHL Goal: Colorado Raptors, Emeka Valentine-Okoli 1 (Mikelis Ozoliņš 4, Loki Odinsson 3) at 3:12, 2nd Period (GWG) / SMJHL S47 Game 47 Day 12: Colorado Raptors vs Detroit Falcons
First SHL Goal: Texas Renegades, Emeka Valentine-Okoli 1 (Josef Kubinec 5, Ricky Spanish 4) at 16:23, 2nd Period / SHL S51 Game 71 Day 16: Edmonton Blizzard vs Texas Renegades

Eternal RaptorsRaptors Old, onwards we roll Rage

And Let's Retire at the Pinnacle

Mfw I beat the champion and still finish last

Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

03-26-2020, 03:03 AMMutedfaith Wrote: Mfw I beat the champion and still finish last

gg tho

Yeah, this was fun.