Create Account

82 Game seasons - The time to Change is now.

So I know this continue to be a touchy subject with many individuals, but I feel like if there is any time to make the switch its now and not later. Clearly the season has already started in the SHL, but I want this to be an open discussion between the site members and something I think we should push forward. There is a few reason why (like the title says) we should push for an 80 or 82 game season.

1) Realistic comparisons.
- This website loves to advertise on many sub reddits directly linked to (and draws heavily from) the NHL. Now whats the point of advertising creating a player that could be the next Doughty, or Hasek, when in reality, trying to directly compare your players to them isn’t really possible because of our now archaic 50 game system. No one here created to try and be the next Garbanzo, or Aittokallio. Sure they become part of the journey and league, but it’s not like finding that info is quick and easy.

2) Out of date record keeping
- To build off of the last point I was making, this sites ‘history’ has been poorly tracked in a lot of areas. I keep hearing how the ‘bojobox’ is coming back, but its not like it was 100% up to date on a regular basis when it was around (I get it, people get busy etc, not blaming my boy bojo).
- We have an entire section dedicated to ‘History’ and it’s almost always more than a few seasons behind in many spots for things that require tracking. Like why is just award winners listed? Why not list nominations as well? It would show more how close a lot of players were on a consistent basis.
- So for those that will come in here complaining about eras and records, where can we even begin to analyze and compare when all of those resources are out of date? I get it. A lot of players are mid career and many worry about the change in games played and what effect it will have, well with that in mind….

3) Start a new Era, it won’t effect as much as you think.
- Sure the cumulative totals will be effected. That’s a guarantee but even those could be segregated into a pre game expansion list so those who achieved what they did can still be documented. The stat averages and rates people score will still be with held. Just because you now play 82 games doesn’t mean scoring 40 points in that time is the same as 30 in 50 you know? People need to stop hoarding onto past accomplishments as the measuring stick (when it’s so hard to track and find as is) and open themselves for an evolution of the game.

4) Team comparisons become more meaningful as well
- The team accomplishments could also become more comparable to the real world counter parts as well, not just the players. Also why not build our league around a sim engine that was created with the intent to be simmed over 82 games. Sure it can me morphed and modified to suit the 50 games, but why are we still holding on. It’s time to let go folks.

Lets finally make the change a lot of us are waiting for.

#NewEra82

[Image: 4zfXx6o.gif]

If they sim all 82 games in the same time as 50 games, then it's okay. If it takes more time than 50 games, then it's kinda stupid. New players have more time to update their players and can get more TPE at the end of the season. Longer time to regression, etc.

82 games would be cool, yeah, but I think that SHL and SMJHL need to think about new teams again, so we can make NHL type Play-Offs aswell.

82 games per season would be actually really cool though.

Stars Stars Stars
[Image: aumy3.png]

I mean thats just some more quick sims tossed in there. Don't need to stream every single time.

Obviously stream for the sake of accuracy, but it doesn't need to be a full break down broadcast though if you know what I mean. I agree keep it in same time frame 100%

SMJHL Should definitely not be a 82 game season if we made the switch. Their stamina would not be able to keep up with an 82 game season since we deal with fatigue in players now. SHL, sure because it's another challenge to the GMs and we would see some insane statlines

[Image: creller_dragons.png]

03-26-2020, 08:21 AMMook Wrote: SMJHL Should definitely not be a 82 game season if we made the switch. Their stamina would not be able to keep up with an 82 game season since we deal with fatigue in players now. SHL, sure because it's another challenge to the GMs and we would see some insane statlines

I agree, I just posted in SMJHL media cause Im a rook still Mook. Sorry for the confusion with that.

03-26-2020, 08:23 AMRabidsponge21 Wrote:
03-26-2020, 08:21 AMMook Wrote: SMJHL Should definitely not be a 82 game season if we made the switch. Their stamina would not be able to keep up with an 82 game season since we deal with fatigue in players now. SHL, sure because it's another challenge to the GMs and we would see some insane statlines

I agree, I just posted in SMJHL media cause Im a rook still Mook. Sorry for the confusion with that.

Unacceptable. Go rookie elsewhere

[Image: creller_dragons.png]

The stamina issue in Juniors could possibly be mitigated by spacing games out (unsure if this is possible) or reducing the active roster to that of the SHL teams and subbing players in when needed due to low stamina.

The record books are closed for the STHS era, I don't see any reason to continue on with the 50 game schedules if only for legacy reasons.

[Image: Carbine.gif]
Sig Credit: Suavemente, rum_ham, Turd Ferguson

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

[Image: 711381262207811636.png]

I agree, comparing stats across two different sim engines is meaningless anyway.

[Image: BirdmanSHL.gif]

Jean-François Bokassa
Armada

Proud Father of Johnny Wagner-Svenson

[Image: unknown.png]
Sven Svenson Career Stats

Sweden Raptors pride

Yeah why not at this rate? Simulation over 82 games should help spread out just how good teams some can be, and the records won't be comparable anyway given the change in engines.

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

82 games and abolish smjhl cap!

[Image: Fitted_3.png]

2x 4Star Cup Champ s49 s50

1x commissioners excellence award s 50

I'm in favor, but I have no idea how #2 has anything to do with the 82 game season

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

03-26-2020, 10:50 AMFitted2106 Wrote: 82 games and abolish smjhl cap!
I agree to this.

Stars Stars Stars
[Image: aumy3.png]

1. about the stamina thing. you cant space games out. even at 50 games the season ends as roughly the 50 game mark in the NHL (late January) so its fine if you want 15 stamina meta and then crippled builds outside of that.

2. bojo only needs to e up to data for s52 back (which is two seasons from the data we already have so not that bad to get back to speed) outside of that the game will not track career stats and records set on the new engine.

3. you cant compare to NHL stats anyways because of how the sliders work and how they change from era to era when playing historical game saves

Its not a bad idea, but we found just as many flaws going to 82 as we did sticking with 50 so we stuck with 50.