Create Account

Preseason Interview with Eric Hudson

KSTL Sports Desk

Welcome to KSTL's continuing coverage of the S53 SJMHL Preseason and your St. Louis Scarecrows. Today we're sitting down with second year player Eric Hudson, returning to the Scarecrows this season after being drafted by the Texas Renegades of the SHL Western Conference. 

KSTL: Thanks for joining us, Eric. You recently got back from the Texas Renegade training camp, what was that like? 

EH: Um.. well it was an experience, that's for sure. I think the bruises are finally going away. 

KSTL: Bruises? 

EH: Yeah, I'd rather not talk about it. 

KSTL: Ok.. moving on. How are things looking for this year with the departures of Aron Hernadivic and James Ronlain? 

EH: Well, you can't just replace guys like that overnight, but it's going OK. It's that "next man up" mentality. We all step into bigger roles. Marston just got named Captain and he's pivoting the top line now, Dangle moved up to the top line. 

KSTL: And you're playing a larger role as well? 

EH: Yeah, I've been skating on the second line with Alex Reyer and Mega Tron. A little bit of time on the Power Play as well. Definitely will be seeing more ice time this season. Mega has been killing it so far in the preseason.  If I work on my defense and stay at home a little bit more, they can be aggresive, so that will be a good pairing. Hopefully we can be as dangerous as the top line. 

KSTL: Now that you have a year under your belt, how are your helping guide the new rookies? 

EH: Mostly just encouraging them in the locker room. Trying to be that example of the player they can become. Honestly, they are all doing great. Very active in the locker room and the results are showing on the ice as well.  Lockwood and Grapefruit have both been scoring points, Elwulf is showing up with some hits and blocked shots. Majors just got a big win against Carolina the other night, his first win. This years crop of rookies has hit the ground running. These guys aren't just gonna be bench warmers, they are gonna play a big role this year.

KSTL: What's your outlook for this season for St. Louis? 

EH: To hoist the Four Star Cup of course! In all seriousness, I think we have a good shot to make it back to the finals this season and hopefully win it all. We've got a lot of depth up and down the roster this year and we're looking pretty solid so far. It's going to be a really fun season in the J. S53 is going to be our season for sure!

KSTL: Thanks for talking to us Eric and good luck this season. 

EH: Thanks for having me, Go Scarecrows!

Code:
470 words

[Image: hudson.png]

Ilike