Create Account

S53 WFT #1 - Bold Predictions

Katth - Toronto will not finish last in the league

Against - Sorry Katth buddy, I know it's your job to make bold predicions, but this one is just way to out there. In all the test sims I have seen, I haven't even seen Toronto hit double digit wins. THey are finally gonna be the tank team that ml wants. This team is horrible and will have no competition at all to finish last.

[Image: Bk1689.gif]

03-27-2020, 12:07 AMgoldenglutes Wrote:
Quote:bbjygm - Hamilton will do well and everybody will be very calm and cool about it when they do

FOR - we all know Hamilton's going to do well. That's already a given. With a strong roster and a good goalie, not to mention a team of strong test simmers, there's a very low chance that they won't do well. And I expect the rest of the league, being the calm and collected people we all are, will applaud them on their efforts and strong roster building.

No way in hell that we applaud the Hamilton Cheaterhawks (despite some of us being friends with some of their players) for being successful. Sure, they have test simmers and sure, they have good players. But Hamilton will always be tainted by their cheating of Simon T, and people have no respect for them whatsoever, so I guarantee that if they do well there will be some sort of site riot.

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

Code:
Luke - Toronto will win fewer than 7 games

Rebuilding teams like Toronto seem to be really bad in FHM but everyone will be giving them backup games so they should be able to win 8-10 games this season

Player info | Updates | Stats
SteelhawksCanadaWhalers

[Image: aawil.gif]

Puolivalmiste - TEX goalie White Goodman will be Rookie of the Year

So this one is interesting. On one hand, Texas is going to be baaadddd. Like really bad, half of their team cant play in their own end of the ice so i dont expect them to get many shots and they will allow a shit ton of them on their own net. (same goes for a few other teams btw) But with that said, the way the slider sets work, it tends to make goalies on shit teams perform better since they will see more shots and the average goals/game is set to a rough constant. So there is only so high that the GAA can really go, but you can expect goalies like Goodman and Carpet to have huge save% numbers. That said, the question becomes will high save% with a low win total be considered by the committee? Thats not my call, but i would say no. Goodman will keep his team in games, but i dont expect them to win many. I wouldnt vote for this as ROY so im going to go with disagree on this topic.

"Luke - Toronto will win fewer than 7 games"

Hard disagree. I believe that the Toronto North Stars are going to be able to pull off some surprises. They are one of the youngest and least built teams so far, but have fantastic pieces. Harry Carpet in net is a rock solid foundation for example. I DO only see 18 wins, maybe 20, but fewer than 7 is absurd.

[Image: CptSquall.gif]

Code:
bbjygm - Hamilton will do well and everybody will be very calm and cool about it when they do

hahahahaha boldest prediction of them all here. All signs point to Hamilton doing well this season, but there is no way the hive mind is going to allow them to clean off the mess from the debacle of seasons past quite so easily. Especially as all teams are learning FHM there will be a critical eye towards all Hamilton successes.

[Image: thiefofcheese.gif]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] 

Sig credit: Ragnar, Carpy48, High Stick King

Code:
bbjygm - Hamilton will do well and everybody will be very calm and cool about it when they do

Yeah I think the combo of them breaking STHS then having several team members very involved in the transition to FHM and already familiar with the game while everyone else plays catch up will endear them to a lot of people

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

Fordyford - Hamilton will finish dead last in the league

We all know this is very wrong. Hamilton has been testing FHM for a long time. They know the strategies to keep themselves from being in that position. Also, their roster is no where as bad as Toronto's who keeps getting murdered by everyone. I surely believe that the Steelhawks will easily make it to the playoffs.

[Image: 6c148GU.png]
[Image: 1JDgYfw.png]

We all know that Toronto is in full rebuild mode, and that they will be up against some very tough competition this season, but I think they have more than 7 wins in them.  With Mika Kandinsky leading the offensive charge they are bound to score more goals than Harry Carpet lets in for at least 10 games.  Right?

[Image: Ci4nm13.png]sig by @Bruins10 
Scarecrows   Specters   Canada 

Code:
Y-man - New England will still miss the playoffs

Disagreed, New England have one of the best team in their division on paper, their main rival for next season behind Manhattan, and their preseason result have been positive up to today and this should translate into making the playoffs.

Nor Ge

Salzberger Lillehammersson
norway Inferno World Falcons

Anders Christiansen
[Image: inferno.png] [Image: dragons.png] [Image: wolfpack2.png] [Image: stars.png] [Image: Dxdffra.png] [Image: hGKuRrv.png] [Image: sAx3Llh.jpg] [Image: firebirds.png]

Quote:Fordyford - Hamilton will finish dead last in the league

Hate to break it to you, and I understand that pre-season stuff is mostly experimental but from what I understand is that the Hamilton crew has been testing and building specific to FHM since it was announced that we were going to be making the transition.  I'd argue that, if that is founded, they probably have a well oiled machine set and ready to go, and this time there is no hacks involved.

FEWER THAN 7? Good lord. I know they've been getting clapped in preseason, but it takes a special kind of bad team to win fewer than seven games. Sometimes, the sim gonna sim. I know that was STHS but maybe FHM will be similar and throw them a few bones. Plus, I have a bet that they win more than 10, and I don't feel keen on losing the bet. Hell, they better not win fewer than seven...

[Image: 2JcMUJm.png]

Come on now, even if Toronto would play only with three players on the ice Harry Carpet would secure at least 8 wins, maybe even 10! The Finnish Wall can do it all: make game savers, season savers, screen savers.. all of them! I wouldn't be surprised if he made couple game winning goals too. This prediction is absolute rubbish, someone might even call it slander. We believe in Carpet!

[Image: HuuveriCUDA.png]
 Raptors Raptors Sweden Thanks to @JSS for the sig! Sweden Barracuda Barracuda 

Quote:Puolivalmiste - TEX goalie White Goodman will be Rookie of the Year

Oh boy is this bold. If anyone’s seen the preseason box scores of Texas’ games, this has a slim to no chance of happening. TEX should struggle all year, and unfortunately, although Goodman is earning at a high pace, TEX is gonna get walloped constantly

[Image: fishyshl.gif]
Thanks to everybody for the sigs :peepoheart:

[Image: czechpp.png][Image: czechup.png]

Y-man - New England will still miss the playoffs
I don't think this'll be the case whatsoever. We all saw that with STHS, awful teams could still stay afloat somehow and scrape by with points. There's only so much that Harry Carpet and Toronto can do to keep us out this season. It won't happen, and we'll be making our return to the postseason this year.

Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]
[Image: AceIn603.gif]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother